PDA

View Full Version : Chat server settings

rlmergeuser
06-29-2008, 09:22 AM
I brought this up already, but nobody has said anything about it so I figured I'd start a thread. I cannot enter the chat in game with my "2FastLX" handle. If I try to enter chat via mIRC with my game handle I get the error "erroneous nick" because my name starts with a number. That means that anyone in the game who creates a nick that starts with a number cannot use the chat feature. Is this being looked into?

sebastianaalton
06-29-2008, 01:12 PM
I brought this up already, but nobody has said anything about it so I figured I'd start a thread. I cannot enter the chat in game with my "2FastLX" handle. If I try to enter chat via mIRC with my game handle I get the error "erroneous nick" because my name starts with a number. That means that anyone in the game who creates a nick that starts with a number cannot use the chat feature. Is this being looked into?

The IRC protocol and server system does not support nicknames starting with numbers. There is nothing we can do to remove that limit.

However we can add some extra character to the beginning of each Trials 2 profile name starting with a number, so that the IRC server lets you join. This feature has been planned on v1.08.

rlmergeuser
06-29-2008, 01:32 PM
Sorry sebbi, I didn't know there was a topic stating the new stuff in the 1.08 patch.

This character that is going to be used, can it somehow be integrated into Tbot so players like me can just type !rank to see our info? I know this is a non-Redlynx feature, but it is way cool, and the reason for this topic!

As for the server not letting you use numbers to start a nick, wouldn't it be easier to just find a different server that allowed this? I know the one I used to be on allowed it. Just curious, no biggie.

rlmergeuser
06-29-2008, 03:23 PM

The IRC protocol and server system does not support nicknames starting with numbers. There is nothing we can do to remove that limit.

However we can add some extra character to the beginning of each Trials 2 profile name starting with a number, so that the IRC server lets you join. This feature has been planned on v1.08.

Any chance i can get a 100% confirmation on WHAT character will be used for this, preferably a character that is invalid for the ingame nick (_, - etc). Also i would like to request that the "NICKINUSE" addition also be changed to an invalid ingame character again, such as _ or -, instead of appending a 1 to the name, as this would help me a great deal with TBot since i know i can just strip those characters without having to worry about stripping part of the actual name.