PDA

View Full Version : Graphical objects flickering, transparent... [DUPLICATE]

rlmergeuser
06-14-2008, 11:35 PM
I'm having an issue with the game currently, and its quite odd.

I downloaded the demo, went to play it and I had this issue. I scanned the forums, found a few topics that I thought people had the same issue as me. Tried the solutions in those threads, but for the most part my laptop is optimized as it is. So I wiped the tear off my cheek and continued on with my life.

Today I tried the demo again, and magically the game worked fine. I realized that when I initially tried the demo I never restarted my laptop, so I figured the issue was resolved. Happy me, I bought the full game.

Then I get a power outage, and my laptop reverts to battery power, and the issue is back. My laptop run at 100% whether plugged in or on battery, so a lack of resources can't be the issue, well at least a lack due to power software turning down gfx card out put.

Since then the power has come back on. I restarted the laptop, twice, and the game still isn't running right.

All my hardware meets specs, the weakest link might be the ATI Radeon X1400, but no worries the hyper memory is set to 512mb.

I just don't understand how I could have issues running this game when I can run HL2 at 250fps on max settings.

Whats the issue ohh wise forum goers?

rlmergeuser
06-15-2008, 03:27 AM
Done some more digging and I've linked the issue to the processor. My laptops power management program turns the processor to 80% power when on battery life. When it goes to 80% processor, the problem goes away. As soon as I plug in my AC adapter, the issue reappears.

I have an Intel Core Duo Processor (T2500) 2.0ghz, 667mhz fsb, 2mb l2 cache.

sebastianaalton
06-19-2008, 01:13 PM
Most likely this issue is the same timer issue that happens in AMD dual core computers. For v1.08 we have changed the timer to use Windows standard multimedia timer functions (with 1/1000 second precision). This should fix the issue. v1.08 release is scheduled for next week (if no problems are found).