PDA

View Full Version : Gamma + Ghost + Brakes

rlmergeuser
06-11-2008, 01:45 PM
Hello,

I have three suggestions to make:

-Gamma correction: Some places are way too dark. Please let everyone decide on his/her own how dark a level should be. I, personally, always want to see where my driver is.

-Respotting ghost: If one respots oneself to the last checkpoint the ghost should be respotted, too. Otherwise there is no learning effect if the ghost is always miles away.

-Brakes / reverse driving: Please strengthen reverse driving. It takes hours to pass even the shortest distances.

-sentropie-

rlmergeuser
06-11-2008, 02:31 PM
.....-Brakes / reverse driving: Please strengthen reverse driving. It takes hours to pass even the shortest distances.....

Have you ever tried to back up/reverse with a bike? It's not that fast. So I think it is more realistic this way.

QcChopper
06-11-2008, 04:15 PM
The game controls won't change, it's been announced and devs we're clear on this: It would require resetting all records so no chance.

rlmergeuser
06-11-2008, 04:24 PM
-Respotting ghost: If one respots oneself to the last checkpoint the ghost should be respotted, too. Otherwise there is no learning effect if the ghost is always miles away.

Dont think this would work, as what if (the ghost) was in mid flight anyway as they go past the checkpoint? You would never be able to keep up with them.

Gamma correction is a good idea though, its dark on my lcd so on crt monitors it must be veeery dark!

rlmergeuser
06-11-2008, 04:31 PM
@Brakes: Okay, got it - they won't change it. But the realism-argument does not go for games.

@Ghost: But even with a speeded up ghost the chance is better as if you fall and the ghost not (and one does not want to restart).

rlmergeuser
06-12-2008, 08:00 AM
when the rider is reversing with his bike, he should actually kick with his legs to reverse, it'll make it more realistic. The Devs don't have to change the speed of the reverse.

Dosto707
06-12-2008, 09:53 AM

But what if the ghost respots. Should the player respot then too..and stop the learning effect?

I just can't see this working very well. Nice idea though.

rlmergeuser
06-15-2008, 12:58 PM
i'm playing the game on a crt monitor 1600x1200 res and yes there are some places that are dark and all but i haven't gotten to a place where i can't see the driver at all . but in anyway i would love to see more lights in this game or at least the new maps should have a day light kinda look to'em coz am getting sick of the dark >.> !

rlmergeuser
06-18-2008, 02:52 AM
when the rider is reversing with his bike, he should actually kick with his legs to reverse, it'll make it more realistic. The Devs don't have to change the speed of the reverse.

Total nitpick here, sorry. In trials rides, if the rider places a foot on the ground it's a fault.

rlmergeuser
06-18-2008, 07:52 AM
oops I forgot. thanks Rogan http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif