PDA

View Full Version : No active profile

rlmergeuser
05-29-2008, 03:15 PM
I only have one profile that I use. Periodicaly that profile is un-selected when the game starts. Usually this happens if I start the game too quickly after my computer starts up. A quick message alerting me that there is no active profile when the game starts would be a great addition.

I have had a few sessions where I was trying to finish each of the tracks without falling. I cleared quite a few before realizing that my profile was not selected and the accomplishment was not recognized.

Also along the same lines. If no internet connection was available when the game starts, there is no way to check again. If I start the game too quickly after starting the computer, the profiles are not available. The only way to get the application to recognize them again, is to exit it and re-enter. It would be nice to have some way to notice that the internet connection is now available. Either periodic polling when the connection is not available, or a manual process or button to check for internet connection without leaving the game would be nice.

sebastianaalton
05-29-2008, 03:25 PM
"No active profile" is automatically selected if you do not have network connection when the game starts up. Internal modems (ADSL/Cable) have a pretty long connection time when they find the network connection after the computer is started up from cold.

Also along the same lines. If no internet connection was available when the game starts, there is no way to check again. If I start the game too quickly after starting the computer, the profiles are not available. The only way to get the application to recognize them again, is to exit it and re-enter. It would be nice to have some way to notice that the internet connection is now available.

There is notification shown for both connection lost and connection restored. However the game polls the connection state only once in 2 minutes, so you have to wait for a while. Also if the connection is lost when you do a high score, the game keeps them in a list and sends when connection is restored.

rlmergeuser
05-29-2008, 04:11 PM
Thanks sebbbi.

BTW, great job on the game. I can't believe how well everything works.

rlmergeuser
05-29-2008, 05:13 PM
There is notification shown for both connection lost and connection restored. However the game polls the connection state only once in 2 minutes, so you have to wait for a while. Also if the connection is lost when you do a high score, the game keeps them in a list and sends when connection is restored.

I didnt know that.
Does that mean I could play on my laptop when I am away from home without my internet and my highscores would be updated when I get back home and start the game with the internet on?

rlmergeuser
05-29-2008, 10:18 PM

I didnt know that.
Does that mean I could play on my laptop when I am away from home without my internet and my highscores would be updated when I get back home and start the game with the internet on?

You can't play off line on yopur profile so that wouldn't be a question at all.

rlmergeuser
05-29-2008, 10:53 PM
You can't play off line on yopur profile so that wouldn't be a question at all.

Oh ok. i never tried that either. good to know. thanks