PDA

View Full Version : Maximising window

rlmergeuser
04-23-2008, 10:13 AM
I'm missing a way to maximise my gaming window. Is there an easy way to do it? Or maybe something for 1.07 patch?!

sebastianaalton
04-23-2008, 11:42 AM
Currently maximizing window is not possible. Full screen mode is the only way to play in "full screen". Our engine does not support window rescaling, because basically we are using the same engine we are using for console development, and in console world everything runs in fullscreen.

Thinking it a bit more... Implementing window rescaling and maximize is not actually that hard to do for our engine. We just have to add some event types (for window size changes), and use the same engine feature we use when DirectX device is lost to recreate all buffers. And then we have to check if the window size is stored by the application (Trials 2 in this case) and modify all those parts to ask the window size from our Display class instead. With all testing that's pretty much doable in one full work day. Not going to happen for v1.07, but could be possible for v1.08.

rlmergeuser
04-24-2008, 05:12 PM
That would be nice. Because when I use my highest screen size I have to move it around to get it to fit. I'll just wait for 1.08 http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif Not that long till :p