PDA

View Full Version : Error creating windowed device (works after reboot) [SOLVED]

rlmergeuser
03-29-2008, 02:27 PM
This morning the game runs normally but now a few hours later I get a white screen after clicking Start at the launcher and this error message shows up: "Error creating windowed device (22) (75)".
Changing Resolution or Windowed Mode does not have any effects.

My System is an Acer Notebook with Win XP Pro SP2, 1,7GHz Pentium M, 1GB DDR2, ATI Mobility Radeon x700 128MB, Catalyst 8.1.

Any idea?

sebastianaalton
03-29-2008, 02:57 PM
This morning the game runs normally but now a few hours later I get a white screen after clicking Start at the launcher and this error message shows up: "Error creating windowed device (22) (75)".

Have you installed new software or drivers after the morning? Have you done anything that could affect graphics rendering? For example changed graphics card settings or desktop color depth from control panel?

First thing I would try to do is to shut down your computer and turn it back on (be sure to do a complete shut down, by selecting "Shut down computer", and not only enter sleep mode and wake up). Sometimes Windows just gets in a bad shape, and doesn't work properly until you restart it.

If restarting Windows didn't do the trick, check that you have enough free space in your hard drive. If the game cannot save the settings file at startup, it could cause problems.

rlmergeuser
03-30-2008, 06:00 PM
After I restarted the system the game runs normally. But later the error showed up again. I restartet once more and again all worked fine. I did not change any drivers or graphic stuff. Don't know what should have caused this but I hope it will not happen again. Thanks for the help.

sebastianaalton
03-31-2008, 08:02 AM
After I restarted the system the game runs normally. But later the error showed up again. I restartet once more and again all worked fine. I did not change any drivers or graphic stuff. Don't know what should have caused this but I hope it will not happen again. Thanks for the help.

Are you running some other software or games that uses the graphics card? If you have other graphics intensive programs open (in the background) you might not have enough graphics memory to start Trials 2.

sebastianaalton
04-14-2008, 04:11 PM
Duplicate of another thread with same issue. This issue should be fixed in v1.06. Marking now as solved. Please post here if the issue still happens.