PDA

View Full Version : Versus Mode

rlmergeuser
03-26-2008, 04:28 PM
Hello,

My idea is to make a extra game modus where two players can race eachother at the same time.

Like two tracks right next to eachother of just two bikes next to eachother.

Sounds like fun doesnt it?

sebastianaalton
03-26-2008, 04:45 PM
This is one of the features we would definitely like to have in a future Trials game.

The needed extra work to add real multiplayer: completely new server infrastructure, client side modifications and creating all the extra tracks needed for multiplayer game mode is such a big task that we could not implement it to Trials 2 Second Edition (it was a short 3 month project after all).

rlmergeuser
03-26-2008, 07:04 PM
Nice idea!

Would it be possible to make it so people could have a two player game offline (using Keys or Game Pads / Joysticks)? I would be very interested in seeing this in a future edition of Trials, as would many other people I'm sure.

You don't really see many two player games on PC's which is a shame, as when I had My Atari ST I always had the option too, and used it to the full! http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif

rlmergeuser
03-26-2008, 10:48 PM
This is one of the features we would definitely like to have in a future Trials game.

The needed extra work to add real multiplayer: completely new server infrastructure, client side modifications and creating all the extra tracks needed for multiplayer game mode is such a big task that we could not implement it to Trials 2 Second Edition (it was a short 3 month project after all).

I understand this. Lets hope many many many people buy this game so that the new servers can be bought.
And if you need some help on this forum or your site. Just ask, ill be glad to help.

rlmergeuser
03-31-2008, 11:22 PM
It would be like the original Exite Bike for the NES!!! cant wait!!!!

rlmergeuser
04-03-2008, 09:26 AM
I think it would be better that they are in the exact same spot, but the other player would just be a ghost (But in realtime ofcourse) that way we could play all the tracks and both would have the exact same track.