PDA

View Full Version : The game won't load (updater problem) [SOLVED]

rlmergeuser
03-21-2008, 04:10 AM
I just downloaded the up-to-date installer on the site this afternoon, and when I go to load into the game it loads the patcher window and immediately fails. It says " Error downloading file from server(Reason: 'File Hash Mismatch')" and exits the program completely. From what I've read, the version currently up for download is completely up to date... Any help would be appreciated.

QcChopper
03-21-2008, 05:35 AM
Did you import your license.dat file from the First Edition? If you did, you should remove it because they are NOT compatible in this version.

sebastianaalton
03-21-2008, 07:19 AM
This error message should show when there has been a network problem, and the downloaded data files (data_full.pak, etc) have been corrupted. The game detects corrupted data files at startup, and downloads them again. Just start the game again after the error message and the situation should be fixed automatically.

The new version (v1.05) should not download any patches. The only file it should download in addition to (empty) patch.xml is data_full.pak. This is the file that includes the 31 extra levels in full version. If you are running demo version the game should not download this file.

I have informed our server maintenance about this problem, and they will verify one more time that there are no extra patch files in the server and all hash keys are properly calculated.

Update: Our server maintenance said that the same problem has previously happened with one other customer too. He sent the data_full.pak manually and the game worked after that fine. You will get a mail with the data_full.pak included. We will investigate the problem next week.

rlmergeuser
03-25-2008, 12:13 AM
Awesome! Thanks for the help. Hopefully, I get it soon and it works! I've been all antsy to play the new stuff.

Out of curiosity... when might I expect the file to come? I want to play...

rlmergeuser
03-28-2008, 03:52 PM
Hello,

I'm just having the same error
" Error downloading file from server(Reason: 'File Hash Mismatch" and I can't start the game http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_sad.gif .
What can I do?

Thanks!

rlmergeuser
03-30-2008, 07:47 PM
im gettin the same message...plz help http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_sad.gif. I even unistalled, and then reinstalled the game and im still gettin the message.

sebastianaalton
04-04-2008, 02:20 PM
I have informed our support to send all of you the needed files with e-mail. This issue is fixed v1.06.

rlmergeuser
04-12-2008, 09:20 AM
Hi, the same thing is happening to me. Could you PM me the files too please.

Thanks

GB

rlmergeuser
04-14-2008, 08:59 PM
You will NEVER guess what is happening to me with the update... Same thing all over again. It's trying to download the new update and giving me the same error again. Now I'm sad...

rlmergeuser
04-14-2008, 09:13 PM
If the autoupdater is not working please download the full installer from http://www.redlynxtrials.com/MediaDownloads.action

sebastianaalton
04-14-2008, 10:13 PM
You will NEVER guess what is happening to me with the update... Same thing all over again. It's trying to download the new update and giving me the same error again. Now I'm sad...

If you are updating from an old version, the old updater still uses the old code, and has the bug. The new version should work fine. Download the new v1.06 installer manually from the website, and everything should work after that.

rlmergeuser
04-15-2008, 01:16 AM
New version works. Problem solved. Thanks guys.