PDA

View Full Version : Ideas: New dungeon faction

greelmr1981
03-19-2014, 11:26 AM
The dungeon faction is a faction full of dwarfs, dark elves, beholders and manticores. And its ultimate creature, a greedy black dragon is lurking in the great gold vault deep inside the dungeon. This faction is heavily connected with hero's fortune attribute. Because my English is quite poor, so let's begin with card examples.

1.card name: ruthless dwarf
requirement: 2/0/0
class: melee
cost: 2
attack: 2 counter: 2 health: 4
ability: overwhelm 1 (when this creature attack a creature with a lower remaining health, this creature gain attack +1 until the end of the turn)

Overwhelm ability is supposed to be a lethal ability to wounded creatures, and is handy if you cast health buff earth spell on creature with it.

2.card name: beholder observer
requirement: 2/0/0
class: magic shooter
cost: 3
attack: 2 counter: 0 health: 4
ability: mind damage 1 (when this creature attack a creature, deal 1 damage to the attacked creature, damages dealt this way can not be prevented or decreased)

Mind damage ability is an ability against magic shield/magic resist/incorporeal and some creature enchantment spell.

3.card name: dwarf driller
requirement: 2/0/1
attack: 2 counter: 1 health: 4
ability: looter 1 (when this creature kills a creature with combat damages, increase your fortune by 1)

card name: mercenary brute
requirement: 3/0/0
attack: 3 counter: 3 health: 5
ability: when mercenary brute comes into play, pay 1 fortune, if you don't, destroy mercenary brute.

card name: bribery
requirement: 3/0/4
cost: 6
fortune: you gain control of target non unique creature which's cost is lower than your fortune.

card name: greed is good
requirement: 0/0/4
cost: 4
unique fortune: search your deck for X cards and put them into your hand, X is equal to your fortune decrease by 4.

And now we start with the important factor of the dungeon cards: fortune level. The "mercenary" creatures of dungeon cost you another way, your fortune. They can be deployed quickly and they are mostly strong creatures, but in long turn they will slow your fortune growing. On the other hand, your looter creatures can bring you more fortune if they kill enemy creatures. They will increase the power of dungeon fortune you play. So choose one path, a creature rusher to stampede your enemy, or a fortune caster to control the battleground.

4.card name: black dragon
requirement: 6/0/4
class: magic flyer
cost: 8
attack: 4 counter: 4 health: 7
ability: overwhelm 2 (when this creature attack a creature with a lower remaining health, this creature gain attack +2 until the end of the turn)
when black dragon comes into play, deal 2 damage to all enemy creatures.

card name: dragon breath
requirement: 3/0/3
unique fortune: dealt 2 damage to enemy creatures in the target row. return dragon breath to its owner's hand.

card name: crunch
requirement: 0/0/2
cost: 1
fortune: choose one: draw one card,
or show "black dragon" to your opponent, destroy target building.

card name: dragon whelp
requirement: 2/0/2
class: flyer
attack: 2 counter: 1 health: 3
ability: when dragon whelp comes into play, search your deck for a "black dragon" and put it into your hand.

The dungeon faction is also a faction of black dragon, so there are cards fully related to this ultimate creature. You can search for it, show it to your opponent to play cards, and finally hit it onto the battleground.

5.card name: dark elf cultist
requirement: 2/1/0
class: magic shooter
attack: 2 counter: 0 health: 4
ability: when dark elf cultist comes into play, silence target creature. (silenced creature loses all its ability)

card name: dark elf assassin
requirement: 3/0/0
attack: 2 counter: 0 health: 3
ability: when dark elf assassin comes into play, dealt 3 damage to another target creature.

card name: dark elf duelist
requirement: 4/0/0
attack: 2 counter: 2 health: 5
ability: when there are no friendly creature adjacent to dark elf duelist, combat damage dealt to dark elf duelist is decrease by half, rounded down.

Dark elves are creatures with come into play effect and strange abilities. But most of them are vulnerable.

That's my ideas of the dungeon faction, and I hope you like them. And finally, sorry for my poor English.

Doppel_Adler
03-19-2014, 11:54 AM
nice ideas (although I smell some Hearthstone here =D), but dwarfs have an own faction called Fortress, in the "new" franchise world of Ashan in M&M (http://might-and-magic.ubi.com/universe/en-GB/universe-world-ashan/factions/index.aspx)

Shambell
03-19-2014, 01:09 PM
Beside, Dark Elves and Dwarfs really hate each other... wouldn't really play along.

greelmr1981
03-20-2014, 01:33 AM
Well, I didn't see any dwarf card yet, so I try to make them into the dungeon faction. And dark elf is definitely a dungeon race, Uh, right?

Marbran
03-20-2014, 06:56 AM
Well, I didn't see any dwarf card yet, so I try to make them into the dungeon faction. And dark elf is definitely a dungeon race, Uh, right?

The first one. ''Ruthless Dwarf'''

Blitz556
03-20-2014, 07:22 AM
Nice core ideas. Would be even better if there were some stealth and/or assassination themed cards instead of direct damage dealing cards. And yeah Dungeon shouldn't have any Dwarf... if anything they should have some Faceless cards.

Either way new factions like this probably ain't coming anytime soon, if ever. :(

Revalon
03-20-2014, 10:32 AM

Nah, I vote for the "Baguette-Consuming Dwarf" http://static-cdn.jtvnw.net/jtv_user_pictures/chansub-global-emoticon-ddc6e3a8732cb50f-25x28.png

greelmr1981
03-20-2014, 01:29 PM

I mean I haven't seen any dwarf card in the present DOC set library...

Anyway, dungeon faction is just ideas about how to make fortune level works out cool. With dwarf or not, it doesn't matter. Most of my memory about Might and Magic is still in Hero 3... So forgive my race problem.

Girshwin12
03-20-2014, 01:41 PM
These are well thought out, I especially like the overwhelm and duelist's ability.

Marbran
03-20-2014, 07:24 PM
I mean I haven't seen any dwarf card in the present DOC set library...

Anyway, dungeon faction is just ideas about how to make fortune level works out cool. With dwarf or not, it doesn't matter. Most of my memory about Might and Magic is still in Hero 3... So forgive my race problem.

Sorry, my bad, I overlooked that it was the OP's post.:eek:

I like most of your ideas, like the reusable damage-fortune, but I think it would be best to mix it with nutlambs dungeon ideas. That the generic abilities would be stealth, overwhelm and some come-into-play damage ablities.

But I still know dwarves will be indpendent. I'm very interested in the Valkyries described on their lore page.