PDA

View Full Version : Serpentfly 4 Beret ... Ze Cup! - Announcement

Aza404
03-13-2014, 05:21 PM
Dear Champions,

It has long been a topic of intense discussion and disagreement between many players... Who is the strongest? the French community or the International English community?!

Well, we have finally arrived at the moment when YOU can be the ones to prove how much better we here on the English forums are against those rude, petulant, cheeky and above all crass mustache-wearing, baguette-holding, beret-sporting French players!

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/F2P/MMDOC/serpentlfy4beretforum.jpg

What are the prizes?

One Xorm Statue for the winner + 1 Box code + 1 in-game Tournament Winner banner
2nd place: 1Box code
3rd and 4th place: 5 codes for one 5 towers and one Forgotten Wars packs
5th to 8th place: 2 codes for one 5 towers and one Forgotten Wars packs

Xorm Statue prize:

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/F2P/MMDOC/XormStatue.jpg

What are the rules?

Every participant is asked to post his name on the proper forum thread in order to apply for the tournament. A specific application thread will be posted on Wednesday 19th of March at 3pm UK time.
Only the first 64 players from each community to enlist can take part: this will give us a total of 128 players! The tournament is open to all players with no restriction!
Once the application deadline is over, a match-up tree will be given
As soon as the match-up tree is given, every participant must add his opponents as in-game friends and take part in friendly duels against them. The winner of each duel must then provide a screenshot of the victory on the forum thread opened specifically by the CM for that round of matches.
Each match-up will take place in Best of 3 games. The quarter and semi-finals will be Bo5 and the finals will be in Bo7!

If you cannot agree on an appropriate time for the duel or don’t send in the victory screenshot both players will get a forfeit for that match-up. If you have tried to contact your opponent, have not got an answer from him by the deadline for that round, just send me a quick message on the forum explaining the situation. If I don't get an answer from your opponent, you will be declared winner.
If an error occurs (Bloomberg or disconnect etc.), the duel should be repeated as long as the player who encountered the error provides a screenshot with it in the game. If a player does not provide the screenshot, the game is classified as a defeat for the player who had the error and his opponent will be declared winner.
When they enter the tournament, players are committing to being present at the appointed dates.
Players are also committing to sending in the result screen as proof of victory.
Only one account per player is allowed to enter. We will be doing checks and any player who has tried to cheat his way to the top will be disqualified and banned from any future tournament.
You are allowed to change decks between duels but you cannot let your opponent wait more than 5 minutes between games.
Kelthor is banned for obvious reasons! If you or any other player uses this card he will be banned from this tournament and any other tournament organized by members of the DoC team! To report a player using this card during the tournament, simply send a screenshot to your CM.
All decks must contain at least 1 Serpentfly <3

Once the 128 players are found, the first round will have 64 duels between one French speaker and one (obviously superior in every way) English speaker.
After the first round it's every man for himself and may the best (non-French) man win!

...so be ready to enlist as of next Wednesday and help us show those cheese-eaters how wrong they are!
Aza

"Yourr playeurrz arre sauh bahd zatt wi will whipe ze floorr wiz zeirr rrearr endz!"
Kimmundi (trying to speak English)

Bazaltovy
03-13-2014, 05:41 PM
Kelthor is banned? Sorry, jkkk... :D

Aza404
03-13-2014, 06:15 PM
Added one rule:
All decks must contain at least 1 Serpentfly <3

koverasek
03-13-2014, 06:33 PM
im just curious - how can i know if my opponent use serpentfly in deck?

@down
ive never used replay manager but doubt there is an option to see every single card from deck - correct me if im wrong

Kimundi
03-13-2014, 06:35 PM
By using Replay Manager or just having faith in the Serpentfly :D

Aza404
03-13-2014, 07:14 PM
You can upload your replay directly on MMDoCking to see what your opponent was playing.
http://tools.mmdocking.com/replays/upload

PS: obviously, this only works after the duel.

malkorion
03-13-2014, 07:16 PM
im just curious - how can i know if my opponent use serpentfly in deck?

@down
ive never used replay manager but doubt there is an option to see every single card from deck - correct me if im wrong

DoC replay manager has the option to see both decks, every card.

Uraxor
03-13-2014, 07:46 PM
It's good to see tournaments that are decided before they even begin.

As if frenchies ever stood any chance in this kind of nuke out! :cool:

Enclase
03-13-2014, 08:18 PM
Im in :P

Ipwnfour
03-13-2014, 08:23 PM
Obviously the only way for a frenchman to even have a chance at winning an international tourney
is to give them half of the player seats! :nonchalance: :p ;)

jkk89
03-13-2014, 10:25 PM
@Baza, belive it or not but I am happy that Kel is banned. That way You need to predict the meta and adjust, and I am pretty good at that! So good luck to everybody:)

Jayrodocavaco
03-14-2014, 03:13 AM
I am Brazilian, have any problem in joining, or is it only between French international community and English community?

SoAmazinglyBad
03-14-2014, 08:20 AM
I am Brazilian, have any problem in joining, or is it only between French international community and English community?

its like France vs the world so u should be allowed :)

gera_kirill
03-14-2014, 11:01 AM
I'm in

in-game nick gera_kirill

Durendal100
03-14-2014, 11:10 AM
I am in :)

ZergRusher
03-14-2014, 11:37 AM
I'm in

Uraxor
03-14-2014, 11:47 AM
Guise, wrong thread :P

Kimundi
03-14-2014, 11:48 AM
We're going to be crushed, but Hell it'll be fun :p

Revalon
03-14-2014, 01:04 PM
We're going to be crushed, but Hell it'll be fun :p

You definitely know how to put confidence in you people http://static-cdn.jtvnw.net/jtv_user_pictures/chansub-global-emoticon-ddc6e3a8732cb50f-25x28.png

Romeomaux
03-14-2014, 04:39 PM
Oups my god, some of the best will be there to kick some French *** out of the way !? Oo

As a little Frenchy frog eater and snail pationate I must confess that this tournement is pretty excited. Don't be to rude with us guys or the wrath of the SERPENT SNAIL FROGGIES will destroy of of you ... Mouahahahahaa !!!;)

Ok, I shut my mouth up and get away ------------>

Kinetic_42
03-14-2014, 06:20 PM
Can non-European players enter if they're from America and awesome? Or is limited to non-Americans :(.

Revalon
03-14-2014, 06:31 PM
Can non-European players enter if they're from America and awesome? Or is limited to non-Americans :(.

Yeah, during the German Stream Event yesterday someone also mentioned that there somehow is the european flag for the "international community" :D

Romeomaux
03-14-2014, 08:03 PM
It's not a question of country but mostly just a question of wich language you speak on the forum. If you speak English in the forum so you're on the English part, if you mostly use French forum so you're on the French part.
Check, I'm French living in Canada (Yukon) and speak both French and English but I will choose the French side caus' I'm mostly present on the French forum.

So Brazilian, Polish, Russian or whatever, if you speak English on forum, you'll be part of the Inter side.;)

Anyway, that's just for an excuse to make a new fun tournement and this time WITHOUT KELTHOR !!

Take care and have fun in the game...

trupiciel
03-15-2014, 10:20 AM
I want that figurine. I'm in.

pawel123k
03-15-2014, 09:19 PM
I'm in

Aza404
03-16-2014, 02:40 PM
Hi guys,

I'm really pleased to see so many of you are interested in taking part :D
Yes, this is open to anyone who consideres themselves as being more of an "International English" forum type of guy than a "French" forum type of guy... So it's basically just an excuse to host a tournament!

Don't forget that you can sign up for this tournament only as of Wednesday!
Saying that you'll take part in this thread does not secure you a spot in the tournament and it will be a race for the first 64 players as soon as the thread is opened.

Best,
Aza

avkall
03-16-2014, 04:31 PM
I will play in this one, im in :)

Revalon
03-16-2014, 04:38 PM
I will play in this one, im in :)

Reading this:

Hi guys,

I'm really pleased to see so many of you are interested in taking part :D
Yes, this is open to anyone who consideres themselves as being more of an "International English" forum type of guy than a "French" forum type of guy... So it's basically just an excuse to host a tournament!

Don't forget that you can sign up for this tournament only as of Wednesday!
Saying that you'll take part in this thread does not secure you a spot in the tournament and it will be a race for the first 64 players as soon as the thread is opened.

Best,
Aza

I guess we will see if you do ;)

raca28
03-16-2014, 04:52 PM
I have concern about the disconnect rule, what if a losing player decides to crush his game in order to prevent a loss and force a replay of the game?

ioulios
03-16-2014, 05:25 PM
i want in

LQDBrunt
03-17-2014, 01:19 AM
Well, if today's MoMCards3 tournament is some sort of a tell, we know how this is going to end :cool:

Also shame on you Milky for abandoning Uraxor and me today :p

Izachiel
03-17-2014, 09:15 AM
Count me in!

VampFury
03-17-2014, 10:57 AM

Obviously fake entry as it is French vs International English and not Polish :p

P0404
03-17-2014, 12:26 PM
im in WhiteGreenBear

Revalon
03-17-2014, 12:38 PM

I'd more like a statue of Shaar on her Wyvern. With Kitten Warriors of course ;)

Milky97
03-17-2014, 01:32 PM
Well, if today's MoMCards3 tournament is some sort of a tell, we know how this is going to end :cool:

Also shame on you Milky for abandoning Uraxor and me today :p
Wish i could have made it, but there were very important RL things to do, which kept me away. How did you guys do? Kicked some french asses ? :P

sir_z
03-17-2014, 07:50 PM
will we know what the timeline is going to be before we have to sign up? It's hard to commit to playing at specific times without knowing what those times are.

LQDBrunt
03-17-2014, 10:11 PM
Wish i could have made it, but there were very important RL things to do, which kept me away. How did you guys do? Kicked some french asses ? :P

Lets just say that frenchman didn't win ;)

Revalon
03-18-2014, 12:05 AM
"Yourr playeurrz arre sauh bahd zatt wi will whipe ze floorr wiz zeirr rrearr endz!"
Kimmundi (trying to speak English)

Gotta love this one <3

SweetyBoobs
03-18-2014, 12:24 PM
Let me in!

coshikipix
03-18-2014, 02:17 PM
http://imageshack.com/scaled/medium/69/7ogr.jpg (http://imageshack.com/photo/my-images/69/7ogr.jpg/)

BluerainFR
03-18-2014, 09:20 PM
I've just discovered that I can post in the international forum :D (but don't panic, I will mainly stay in my little countr... forum lost in the far west of European continen... Internet)

So I will not be able to take part in this tournament (cos' I don't have any Snakefly now... and marginally because I am only level 10 (and level 100 in very few exp points :D)... but it doesn't matter), but I am here not only to spam the ":D" smiley, but to say this too:

As I can't take part, I will be the Rooster of Victory, the Mascot of the French Team, the Footix of 2014... :D

I only had that to write (cos' I have nothing else to say on this forum at the moment), so that may be very little but I wanted to share my happyness. :o (i needed to change smiley to avoid an overdose for the reader)

So don't worry, cos' it is not an invasion (for now... if we win we should impose french language on the International forum... :rolleyes: lol, no, just renaming it "English forum" should be enough... just dreaming...), just a little incursion... See? I'm not here anymore... Or in two lines maybe.

So, good continuation with DoC! And good luck to all the participants of the tournament!

(so... where have I put my baguette bread?)

bGata
03-19-2014, 04:15 PM
I'm in ^__^

bGata

Aza404
03-19-2014, 04:38 PM
Make sure you sign-up on the thread below!
All those who have posted in this "Announcement" thread will not be accepted unless they've signed up in the proper sign-up thread.

Check it out: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/848185-Serpentfly-4-Beret-Ze-Cup!-Sign-up-here! (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/848185-Serpentfly-4-Beret-Ze-Cup!-Sign-up-here!)

batfly
03-19-2014, 07:23 PM
I have a question: If the subscription in Fr is superior to 64 and international is inferior to 64 , can I betray the french team for the second team?
After all, i'm European who will travel in Norway ;p .

http://zupimages.net/up/14/11/ftsk.jpeg

Aza404
03-20-2014, 12:07 PM
As we warned about the tournament a week ago I have to say no.
If you're an active forum user, you will have signed up straight away... so you have no excuse ;)

PukinggoB
03-21-2014, 10:56 AM
batfly, you corward !!

We just have 48 french players and we need your full skill and your concentration :p

T0mbery
03-21-2014, 12:00 PM
haha, french guy leaving the sinking ship like a rat :P

BluerainFR
03-21-2014, 01:47 PM
It seems that destiny out-manoeuver him by making his computer sink to avoid his presence in the english team :D

But he may have decided to stay in the french side because it seems that his computer could be saved, according to him.

I will try to open a Serpentfly before the end of inscriptions, but that seems unlikely because there is already more than 55 french people now, and my next pack will not be before sunday at least. But with the lack of big-powered cards in my collection, i think i will not miss anyway.

batfly
03-24-2014, 11:07 AM
Well, my computer is dead anyway, and my "new" one have only the capacity to.... work in open office ^^" .

No, no, I'm not run-away, i'm not a coward, hum, hehehe....

*Then, you can see Batfly screaming and run-away*