PDA

View Full Version : Game is not starting (AC Revelations)

aykut45
03-09-2014, 12:06 PM
Thanks eveyone try to answer my problem,

Hi.I bought Ac rev 1 week ago (FROM STEAM!!)))an ı have a problem with u play MY PROBLEM İS:U PLAY İS OPENİNG NORMAL BUT WHEN I TRY TO PRESS PLAY GAME SAYS
THAT İT SYNCHRONİZE MY GAME BUT AFTER NOTHİNG SHOWS UP STEAM AND UPLAY SAYS THAT IAM İN GAME BUIT IM NOT CAN YOU GUYS SOLVE THİS FOR ANSWERS THANKS :)

YazX_
03-09-2014, 10:14 PM
try to:

1. Verify Game Cache from steam.
2. Reinstall UPlay, download it from www.UPlay.com

ForkTongue
03-12-2014, 06:07 AM
Captain Obvious comes in with the perfect solution. Surprised he didn't suggest you format your hard drive and install win 98 to play this game.

I have the same problem with AC2.

1-re-install Uplay = didn't work
2-re-install Steam = didn't work
3-replace UbisoftGameLauncherInstaller.exe in Steam redis folder = didn't work
4-Re-install Win7 pro 64x = Not going to happen rig was built a month ago.
5-Disable 2 of 4 cores on CPU = WTF
6-Disable Antivirus = No need too, not running any thing heuristic.
7-Downgrade GTX7xx series from DX11 to DX9 Drivers = WTF
8-Try launching as Admin in each and every possible compatibility mode = didn't work
9-Try in Offline mode = didn't work
10-Launch directly from Steam folder = didn't work.
11-Update drivers = Of course.

Probably a dozen other things and combinations tried before filling a support ticket. If someone knows a thread that may actually be helpful, I know many people would be appreciative. BTW I have over 200 titles installed across 2 Steam Accounts, Orion, and Uplay. All run flawlessly except AC2, and AC4MP. I have less problems running ancient console games in DosBox then this series. I bought 6 titles in the recent Steam sale. I am seriously considering trading these games for worthless TF2 hats.

YazX_
03-12-2014, 06:11 PM
Captain Obvious comes in with the perfect solution. Surprised he didn't suggest you format your hard drive and install win 98 to play this game.

watch your language kid, i dont work for ubisoft nor sponsored by them, i do this just to help people without anything in return, if you want to whine and cry, thats fine by me but dont mock or point any fingers. if you think everyone knows about THOSE OBVIOUS STUFF, then you are wrong as most dont.

ForkTongue
03-13-2014, 10:36 AM
Sorry I rattled your cage. Good for you trying to help the less fortunate. I was just really frustrated with these kinds of simple non- solutions all over the internet.

First, I am not a kid. I am an old man. My first Video game was called Pong.
Second I solved the problem for myself, And perhaps this Info can help others.

If the game is failing to launch at all. Just blips to black and then crashes to desktop. It may have to do with integrated graphics on the new Intel chips. In my case, all I needed to do is set my bios to use the dedicated PCIx bus in my UEFI. If you don't understand what I just suggested, I would recommend reading a good bit about your bios or Uefi before fiddling with it. You can really do some serious damage messing with the wrong settings.

Apparently the game does not know how to flag the dedicated GPU. So it gets confused and crashes. Older systems didn't have this issue as Intel wasn't jamming half-baked GPUs into every chip a few years ago. Hope this might help those that have exhausted the easy stuff,

( Assassin's Creed wont Launch ) - Google Ref

YazX_
03-13-2014, 01:04 PM
kid = never about age rather than attitude, anyway no problem for that and just forget it.

anyway, im glad you solved your problem, what you mentioned is pretty advanced for most of users, all advanced users set bios options as soon as they get their hands on their PCs, usually such kind of problems posted by OP are solved by verifying game files, altering graphics settings, installing drivers,.... so its related to software and most of users miss/dont know such things. good thing you posted the solution for your problem as it might help others who tried everything and didnt work similar to your case.