wtf did you do this time ?
There is 4 of as in the room ,everybody ready
and the game is not launching.
We tray for 30 min ,couldn't start.
And yes its public co-op.

EvilPixieGrrr
03-07-2014, 01:59 AM
I've sent this up...again.

I understand your frustration with this, and I apologize that co-op has been unreliable. If there is a way you could provide a screen shot of your issue, it would be very helpful.

I have to ask you to please refrain from some of your inappropriate language. I had to edit it out of your post. While I understand you're frustration, we can't have language like that on our all-ages allowed forums.

I hope you understand.

Thank you.

CBK1
03-08-2014, 03:59 AM
Yesterday there was four of as we couldn't start the game for long time.
Everybody was ready but the game did not start.We was chatting
"what is going on, why,no that cant be real, really U now bla bla bla"

Today 8:30 PM , logged in ,public co-op,redirected to Ready or Not chapter,
and guess what???????? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7YiwTpQdT8
Game is hanging in loading screen.Only way out is to restart game and try again.
I did that maybe 10 times, same results. "Provide a screen shot of my issue"
II believe You guys seen the game and screen shot would be loading screen of chapter one
( Ready or not ) hanging forever.Longest i wait was almost an hour with cup of tea in me hand
My inappropriate language is just pure frustration
I'm just gonna have more tea:)

P.S there is more problems with this game")

FalconFly
03-09-2014, 07:54 PM
What you experienced is the "dead lobby" bug.

Age of bug :
> 1 year, unfixed

Frequency of occurence :
- now affects multiplayer gameplay on a nearly daily basis, further deteriorating

Most likely source of bug :
- defective client-server infrastructure with no failsafe error detection or sanity check/garbage collection on host network status

Symptoms :
- you seem alone in an otherwise functional lobby, but
-- Lobby states waiting for 1 more Player (or alike, any number that doesn't match up)
-- you'll see lots of invisible "Unknown Players" typing text in the Chatbox
- OR or you find yourself stuck in a loading screen

Results :
- game will effectively never start

Fixes :
- none, game abandoned by UbiSoft ~1 year ago after V1.05 release

Workarounds (Team Deathmatch, Battlemix etc.) :
- quit lobby and try again
- if you end up repeatedly in a dead lobby, try joining other players from your friends list to find a functional game
- if trying to join via Quickmatch -> manually choose other game mode from Playlist
(usually if Team Deathmatch is InOp, Battle mix often still works and vice versa)
-- when stuck in permanent loading screen, press FarCry3 most used key combo : ALT + F4 ;) to forcefully shutdown the hung game, then try again
-- bare in mind Host crashes can and do occur during game loading as well, forcing the game infrastructure to attempt a host migration during load phase (usually accompanied by temporary stop of background music); the entire fallover procedure can easily take upto 2 Minutes, so a little patience sometimes gets you into a game (although games launching after an early host migration are often extremely bug-prone and won't offer best Ping latency)

Workarounds (Co-Op) :
- quit lobby and try again
- if you end up repeatedly in a dead lobby, try joining other players from your friends list to find a functional coop game

There's a special workaround that sometimes bypasses the bug :
- enter private Co-Op lobby
- set Co-Op match settings (difficulty, map) different than the ones you observed in the dead Co-Op lobby
- leave private Co-Op lobby
- join public Co-Op
This sets up a kind of matchmaking that specifically attempts to find a game best matching your last chosen Map/Difficulty combo. With a bit of luck, it finds a suitable combination and avoids the dead lobby (which otherwise seems to act like a honeypot due to erroniously being assumed to have open slots and best ping)

------------------------
Always remember that the game's Multiplayer component has been dying a slow death since a full year now, being entirely unmaintained and buggy as it is.
If you manage to play two full rounds uninterrupted by host crashes or lag spikes - feel very lucky and absolutely stick to that game.

As the game deteriorates progressively into oblivon, finding any functional and reliable multiplayer game has become pretty much like a lottery. The game's mutiplayer infrastructure can't handle more than about 250 players anymore before showing signs of failure and these figures become worse every day.

DaTDirtYDawG
03-09-2014, 08:24 PM
Like the poster just before me said...I try to join a public CO-OP server but the second I click public it attempts to auto launch the map (before waiting for anyone else to join the lobby like it normally does) and then you just hang in the loading scream forever. Unable to even escape out of it without doing a CTL+ALT+DEL

It sucks because when it works ts an awesome game, a year later and all AND when it's working you can always find a game as there are players still jumping in and out of CO-OP. I bought the game right out of the gate but it's so sad that the very things that were wrong a year ago continue to be wrong today :(

EvilPixieGrrr
03-10-2014, 06:12 PM
Yesterday there was four of as we couldn't start the game for long time.
Everybody was ready but the game did not start.We was chatting
"what is going on, why,no that cant be real, really U now bla bla bla"

Today 8:30 PM , logged in ,public co-op,redirected to Ready or Not chapter,
and guess what???????? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7YiwTpQdT8
Game is hanging in loading screen.Only way out is to restart game and try again.
I did that maybe 10 times, same results. "Provide a screen shot of my issue"
II believe You guys seen the game and screen shot would be loading screen of chapter one
( Ready or not ) hanging forever.Longest i wait was almost an hour with cup of tea in me hand
My inappropriate language is just pure frustration
I'm just gonna have more tea:)

P.S there is more problems with this game")

I understand your frustration, completely. I might need some tea too, because I've been really working with the team to get this fixed and it's also frustrating on this end.

Everyone, the same goes out to you. I understand the frustration, and I'm talking with our tech team every day about this. I hope to get this resolved.

I'll keep you posted on this as best I can.

CBK1
03-11-2014, 12:20 AM
FalconFly ,
thank you fo gr8 explanation what the problem is.
Really appreciate!

THX

FalconFly
03-11-2014, 05:48 PM
I understand your frustration, completely. I might need some tea too, because I've been really working with the team to get this fixed and it's also frustrating on this end.

Everyone, the same goes out to you. I understand the frustration, and I'm talking with our tech team every day about this. I hope to get this resolved.

I'll keep you posted on this as best I can.

Are you saying there actually still is a team ?
If so (very surprising to say the least), where have they been the entire last year ?

I'd open a bottle of good wine if I ever see a V1.06 patch released.

EvilPixieGrrr
03-11-2014, 07:48 PM
OK, I have been asked for more information from you all.

Can you guys please PM me with your IP's, tracert, and the EXACT specifics of your issue to make sure we're dealing with one or more issues.

It would be greatly appreciated!

FalconFly
03-12-2014, 10:12 AM
Hm, I'd need a bit more details when I go bughunting :

What target IPs shall we traceroute ?
The exact specifics I described above and it's easy to reproduce since it affects every player across the globe.

PS.
No offense, but discovering the problem (and having a chance to investigate 1st hand using their knowledge of the game's infrastructure at any given point in the game) should be as easy as :
...the tech team just playing the multiplayer for just a few days from their ordinary home PCs.

The issues they'll encounter from day 1 will be more than obvious.
IMHO they're also the only ones who could reasonably dissect the issue whether it's a singular bug or requires a combination of several bugs to trigger it (when focussing on the dead lobby bug / hung load screen).

After 1 week of playing, their list of bugs should be easily a page long.

CBK1
03-13-2014, 12:51 AM
Hm, I'd need a bit more details when I go bughunting :

What target IPs shall we traceroute ?
The exact specifics I described above and it's easy to reproduce since it affects every player across the globe.

PS.
No offense, but discovering the problem (and having a chance to investigate 1st hand using their knowledge of the game's infrastructure at any given point in the game) should be as easy as :
...the tech team just playing the multiplayer for just a few days from their oridinary home PCs.

The issues they'll encounter from day 1 will be more than obvious.
IMHO they're also the only ones who could reasonably dissect the issue whether it's a singular bug or requires a combination of several bugs to trigger it (when focussing on the dead lobby bug / hung load screen).

After 1 week of playing, their list of bugs should be easily a page long.

It's hard to believe that Ubisoft is asking you to get more info from us. Falcon Fly explained the problem fully. There is not much to add. There is a bunch of other bugs less irritating than the dead lobby bug, but let's concentrate on having the biggest one fixed first. IF? I asked Ubi support when they're planning to fix that bug and here's what I got:
Hi CBK1,

Can you confirm what Internet Service Provider you are with and what package you have (e.g. BT Infinity).

Do you have the game and Uplay installed to the C Drive?

FalconFly
03-13-2014, 03:11 PM
I remember communicating with support describing lots of bugs in abbreviated form and offering my help with more detailled data.

Basically they admitted they were completely cut-off and had noone around to fix any issues that originate from FC3 game bugs - there was literally nothing they could do for these types of problems. Since they got literally swamped with never-ending FarCry3 support requests, their initial response time was over 4 weeks, this is how bad it was (and they were not happy about the situation either).
For that reason (pointless), I was forced to close the support ticket back then, there was nothing I could do.

Hence my surprise to see EvilPixieGrrr stating he actually had anyone listening to his reports (?). After all, that would be a first since over a year.
I still have hopes that UbiSoft management realizes what this did to their reputation, as word about this catastrophic community/customer support made it around the globe more than once, UPlay did its own to add insult to injury (at least that still gets updates once a while)...

PS.
Right now I'm experimenting with an alternative DNS server.
I remember the woes that occured last year when Ubi changed some server IPs which (for some reason) did not properly propagate to the global DNS servers of providers.

It's been just 2 days, but I do notice the Host Migrations seem to occur far less often. Plus, the results of a Host Migration appears less catastrophic than usual (where it often turns into a cascade of follow-up Host Migrations that kill off the round within minutes). So far it's been a much smoother gameplay.

If my experience of the last 2 days is a reference, there still may be a DNS related quirk stuck deep in the UbiSoft FarCry3 server architecture that went unnoticed by their admins to date. Need some spike days though (>400 players online) to verify that theory.
If my theory is correct, then I have found a likely cause for alot of the problems the game has.
(wouldn't fix it as I can't do anything about it - but it possibly opens the door to a workaround that helped extremely well last year)

FalconFly
03-17-2014, 06:14 PM
And the usual "support" issue strikes again...

It's been almost a week since I asked for a small clarification - and no reply so far.
Typical UbiSoft.

These pressing issues should generate responses within 1 day or less.

Anyway, sounds like a bogus proposal to me anyway, just something to create the impression there actually were people still caring about the issue. But after a full year of non-existence, I doubt someone managed to unearth the lost dev team again.
All just seems pretend to create hope where none exists, at this point I don't think there's any honest efforts underway to fix the issues anymore, never was and never will.

I'm out, this is wasting my qualified time...

-- edit --

If there actually was anyone still working on this game, after playing just a single day, they would know :

- Team Deathmatch is dead (dead lobby bug)
- Battle Mix is dead (dead lobby bug)
- less than 200 players online worldwide
- Quickmatch now rerouting to Silver/Gold Maps, running but buggy as hell
- frequent lobby crashes
- joining Party and playing together near impossible
- playing more than 2-3 consecutive rounds without Crashing or a Lobby Crash is nearly impossible
- problems affect players worldwide
- it's getting worse and worse every day
- the game is literally falling apart
- almost makes no sense to look for a good gaming experience, it's more like playing the bug lottery and see what you get

Everything I predicted almost a year ago now becomes reality. But since UbiSoft didn't listen and didn't care, that's what you get.