PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft® reveals watch dogs™ release date

MCMonobrow
03-06-2014, 04:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuAbH8Z8iwk

London, UK — March 6, 2014 — Today, Ubisoft revealed that its highly anticipated open world action-adventure game, Watch Dogs™, will be released on May 27, 2014 - in certain Asian countries - the game is released on the 26th of June, due to localisation - please check with your local retailers for your regional release date.

In Watch Dogs™, players assume the role of Aiden Pearce, a new type of vigilante hero who, with the help of his smartphone, will use his ability to hack into Chicago’s central operating system (ctOS) to control almost every element of the city.

“We are pleased to be able to reveal to gamers all over the world the new release date for Watch Dogs™,” said Geoffroy Sardin, EMEA Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Ubisoft. “We are extremely confident that the additional time we afforded the dev team to refine and polish the game will be more than worth the wait.”

Players who purchase Watch Dogs™ on either PlayStation®3 or PlayStation®4™ will have exclusive access to 60 minutes of additional gameplay via the PlayStation® Network.

“We’re really excited for the launch of Watch Dogs on both PS3® and PS4® and are confident that it will prove to be one of the standout games of 2014,” said Michael Pattison, Vice President, Third Party Relations, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. “It’s a unique and visionary game and we believe that the exclusive content available via PSN will not only excite gamers, but showcase how PlayStation® is a preferred destination for Watch Dogs.”

Watch Dogs™ will be available on Sony PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Microsoft Xbox One® the all-in-one games and entertainment system, Microsoft Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system and Windows PC. The Wii U™ version will release at a later date.

Trailer Youtube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuAbH8Z8iwk (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuAbH8Z8iwk)

GenialityOfEvil
03-06-2014, 04:30 PM
Still no PC or next-gen version of the steelbook for pre-order:confused:. There's no way I'm getting this on the 360, especially not £15 more expensive. Oh yeah, and they've just put the base prices up.

salvego
03-06-2014, 04:33 PM
And what about Steam? When this is will be avaiable to pre-order on Steam?

golani79
03-06-2014, 05:14 PM
After what Ubi has done to Southpark I´ll cancel my preorder.

Only offering a censored version in Austria is just stupid - and then there is also a regionlock so I can´t even get an US version for PC.
Nice job on that one Ubisoft ...

GenialityOfEvil
03-06-2014, 05:24 PM
After what Ubi has done to Southpark I´ll cancel my preorder.

Only offering a censored version in Austria is just stupid - and then there is also a regionlock so I can´t even get an US version for PC.
Nice job on that one Ubisoft ...

That's your governments fault, not Ubisofts. They can only operate within the laws of a particular country so if the ratings board in one country says some content isn't allowed then Ubisoft has to remove it from versions sold in that country and can't allow version from other countries to be used there. Valve, Bethesda, EA and many other developers have had to cater to these rules in the past and this won't be the last time. Be glad you don't live in Australia, they had the blood removed from their version of Left 4 Dead.

golani79
03-06-2014, 05:44 PM
Austria gets a PEGI rating and there is no law which explicitly forbids specific content in videogames.
You get games which are uncensored in all aspects via Steam here in Austria (e.g. Sniper Elite, Nazi Zombie Army 2, Wolfenstein, etc.)

So yeah, I think it is Ubisofts fault - regionlock does the rest.
But basically I think regionlock was just implemented to prevent people from getting cheaper versions.

bullybeef1973
03-06-2014, 07:14 PM
May I ask, was there a reason why the graphics seemed average on the recent trailer? It's a question that's doing the rounds on Twitter.

GokuwasHere
03-06-2014, 08:58 PM
May I ask, was there a reason why the graphics seemed average on the recent trailer? It's a question that's doing the rounds on Twitter.

+1...

average is a understatement... looks like ps2 graphics for crying out loud.

compare of E3 vs now... What in the world happened?
http://i.minus.com/iboqqHgyy5tOsD.gif

HJADR
03-06-2014, 08:59 PM
I've been waiting for this. :cool:

GenialityOfEvil
03-06-2014, 09:54 PM
+1...

average is a understatement... looks like ps2 graphics for crying out loud.

compare of E3 vs now... What in the world happened?

Which E3? It's been shown at two and the crucial difference is that one was PC and one was PS4 which lacks the high texture resolution.

Stiler
03-06-2014, 11:01 PM
Which E3? It's been shown at two and the crucial difference is that one was PC and one was PS4 which lacks the high texture resolution.

It's not just textures, the lighting is "baked" rather then dynamic looking (IE like The Aliens: CM fisaco) the dynamic wind/leaves are missing, it's like a "next gen" game in the earlier videos and the most recent one looks like a game from 3 years ago on x360/ps3.

There's a huge thread on neogaf about this:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=780290

bullybeef1973
03-07-2014, 12:52 AM
It was this video alone that not only compelled me to preorder WDs, but a PS4 as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p16OgsvHEf0

Obviously the footage released today is nowhere near the same quality, and the video above is a walkthrough, not a cut scene.

GokuwasHere
03-07-2014, 01:06 AM

Pretty sure that's the 2013 one.. I'm sorry I don't remember now and I'm too disgusted with this right now to go through all the nice videos anymore .. I know graphics don't make the game but good golly... This isn't next gen from what I'm seeing now...

But as Stiller said this isn't just texture's I'm talking about....the gif was just a loose comparison to how bad this game looks now compared to other videos that have been released. I'm at a loss here Ubisoft...there's features missing,Where's The dynamic wind?The volumetric Fog? that's pretty rain?this is a huge downgrade even to the ps3/360 versions I've saw.You should go look at the first PS4 game play videos that came out before these two new videos... this doesn't even look like the same game to Me anymore, there's just no way... and I'm not alone in that thought.This is the Aisha Trailer fiasco all over again.. Like really guys? surely when Jonathan Morin said "the PS4 version is “millions of miles away” from that trailer" it just wasn't true at all for him to say that... it did actually look that bad ....and now it even looks worse over the course of the delay. Like really Ubisoft..what the actual heck?

I was going to get this game Primarily to play on my PC and get another copy for My PS4 but now I don't think I will be getting it for either now as this isn't the game that was shown earlier

Cara2100
03-07-2014, 01:28 AM
so far lack the requirements for the PC

AshfaqNawaz
03-07-2014, 09:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEJSBu20Hqs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEJSBu20Hqs

RaidenStorm888
03-09-2014, 02:40 PM
That's your governments fault, not Ubisofts. They can only operate within the laws of a particular country so if the ratings board in one country says some content isn't allowed then Ubisoft has to remove it from versions sold in that country and can't allow version from other countries to be used there. Valve, Bethesda, EA and many other developers have had to cater to these rules in the past and this won't be the last time. Be glad you don't live in Australia, they had the blood removed from their version of Left 4 Dead.

Actually i did a little research into it and it is actually the fault of Ubisoft. According to the articles i read by IGN and a few others South Park was refused a classification twice by the classification board but was accepted on the third attempt and allowed to pass. Despite this Ubisoft still chose to censor images THEY deemed inappropriate presumably to avoid any further conflicts. They then turned to the South park creator and he chose the image you see (as a veiled insult and rightly so) because of the part the ******ed Australian classification board played in the push to censor the images. In the end it was Ubisoft who chose to censor the images despite being allowed to pass.

When i read this it sent me into a fit of rage like you would believe. How in the god damn hell did either Ubisoft or the Australian classification board (whoever it really was) feel they had the right to impose their beliefs on full grown adults boggles my mind. There is a reason the classification system is in place and it IS NOT meant to be used as a tool for people to impose restrictions based on their individual views on what Adults can watch. The game was rated R 18+ so if children was playing the game then that is the fault of the dead beat parents responsible for buying it for them.

Where do they get off telling the 18-30 year old target audience what is inappropriate for us to watch. rrrr It pisses me off sooooo much. THEY DON"T PLAY THE GAME THE FANS DO SO IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN LEFT TO US TO DECIDE IF IT WAS INAPPROPRIATE FOR US TO WATCH. At least give us the option to switch it back on FFS. Talk about a God damned nanny country they deserve to be shot. (give me the gun)

Edit: reading a statement from the Australian classification board... (not word for word)
"We do not reserve the right to impose restrictions on content we deem inappropriate"
If the classification board felt content was inappropriate they can express this in the form of a higher classification. They have the right to enforce restrictions on members of the public aged 18 years and under from watching films and game content that are rated higher then their current age. However they do not have the right to enforce restrictions on any members of the public 18 years and older as they are legally empowered to make the decision to view any content they see fit. The target audience for South Park is R18+ so there is no excuse for the restriction.

namtih081
03-09-2014, 03:28 PM
Please could we get a reconstruction of the 14minute gameplay, with the latest build of the game. This would help put in perspective how much the game has changed, in terms of graphics, weather, visual effects, combat performance, etc. As there is a lot of negativity being posted about this game as of late, surly affecting the hype and customers option to purchase. Thank you for your time.

setsunahenry
03-10-2014, 01:43 PM
Demo release possible?

SkyCeption
03-12-2014, 12:31 PM
Can't wait :D

Watson404
04-02-2014, 11:01 AM
I want to learn. Whether it is really possible to show to us once again the scene presented on E3 2012, on the current version of game, thus, we can compare graphics independently? =)
PS: I apologize for any errors in the text, I don't speak English therefore translated by means of an online translator.

GEORGE322017
04-06-2014, 11:47 PM
Hello, good afternoon!

I would like to moment to ask you 2 questions I am inquiring about for Watch Dogs on the Windows PC platform. And the first concern I am inquiring about, is that of compatibility for the Xbox One Controller on Windows 8 for Watch Dogs. Just say, when and if Microsoft going to release a driver on Windows 7 or 8 for instance, will the game accept it, will I be able to use the Xbox One controller while playing Watch Dogs on Windows 8?

And the second is, I have made my pre-order today for Watch Dogs through to Futureshop, and they are suggesting that I a consumer is going to pre-order Watch Dogs on any platform, they will be receiving: And what other goodies will a consumer or I will be receiving as for bonus contents other than FutureShop's promo? DO NOT DISAPPOINT PLEASE!!

Pre-order Watch Dogs and get the Breakthrough Pack, which includes extra single player mission and vehicle expert perk (bonus cars in game).
A code will be packaged with the game. Limit of one per customer per order. Limited quantities, while supplies last. Online only.

Thank you! :D

Best regards,
~George

GenialityOfEvil
04-07-2014, 12:57 AM
It'll accept it as default, Xinput is embedded in DirectX now. The better question is whether Watch Dogs will take advantage of the rumble triggers.

GEORGE322017
04-07-2014, 02:20 AM
Thank you very much for your insight. :)