PDA

View Full Version : 'Leaks' and theories about future titles go here!

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Shahkulu101
03-10-2014, 01:43 AM
If it is the same guy posting all these (legit) leaks every year, it seems awfully convenient that he somehow always manages to be on the same plane with Ubi representatives. :p He's probably an insider or knows someone who is.

ACfan gave the educated theory that it is a controlled leak made by Ubisoft themselves.

Maybe Yves' has a GAF account and wants to live a little.

SixKeys
03-10-2014, 01:51 AM
ACfan gave the educated theory that it is a controlled leak made by Ubisoft themselves.

Maybe Yves' has a GAF account and wants to live a little.

This latest one seems like a really elaborate leak either way. I don't buy that a random Ubi employee just started going into all kinds of details about their game with some dude on a plane, but if it's controlled by Ubi, they sure are giving out a lot of information early. Last year all we got about AC4 was that it was maybe going to be called "Black Flags", set in the golden age of piracy and possibly feature another ancestor's grandfather. This newest "leak" already reveals two settings, the era, stuff about the Villa and the main character's name (more or less).

RatonhnhakeFan
03-10-2014, 01:55 AM
Doubt it, he leaked Unity name of AC5 project a year ago

ACfan443
03-10-2014, 01:59 AM
This latest one seems like a really elaborate leak either way. I don't buy that a random Ubi employee just started going into all kinds of details about their game with some dude on a plane, but if it's controlled by Ubi, they sure are giving out a lot of information early. Last year all we got about AC4 was that it was maybe going to be called "Black Flags", set in the golden age of piracy and possibly feature another ancestor's grandfather. This newest "leak" already reveals two settings, the era, stuff about the Villa and the main character's name (more or less).

He actually revealed more than that last year but the other details weren't entirely accurate, there was mention of co-op which of course didn't make it in the final version of AC4. (Whether it may or may not have been planned to be in the game in the first place, I have no idea).

Radman500
03-10-2014, 02:10 AM
"look to the stars" everyone thought it hinted towards China...but i just found something, someone on the initiates forums posted this

a famous quote by Vincent Van Gogh

"...to look at the stars always makes me dream, as simply as I dream over the black dots of a map representing towns and villages. Why, I ask myself, should the shining dots of the sky not be as accessible as the black dots on the map of France"

SixKeys
03-10-2014, 02:14 AM
He actually revealed more than that last year but the other details weren't entirely accurate, there was mention of co-op which of course didn't make it in the final version of AC4. (Whether it may or may not have been planned to be in the game in the first place, I have no idea).

Some stuff is probably made up to be deliberately misleading. On the other hand, there are (again) rumors swirling around about co-op in this year's game, with the removal of focus on adversarial multiplayer.

ACfan443
03-10-2014, 02:17 AM
Some stuff is probably made up to be deliberately misleading. On the other hand, there are (again) rumors swirling around about co-op in this year's game, with the removal of focus on adversarial multiplayer.

Yeah, people weren't happy about that 10 or so pages back.

"look to the stars" everyone thought it hinted towards China...but i just found something, someone on the initiates forums posted this

a famous quote by Vincent Van Gogh

"...to look at the stars always makes me dream, as simply as I dream over the black dots of a map representing towns and villages. Why, I ask myself, should the shining dots of the sky not be as accessible as the black dots on the map of France"

Reposting from other thread to add to this

30 March 1853 – 29 July 1890
"Van Gogh spent his early adulthood working for a firm of art dealers, traveling between The Hague, London and Paris"

adventurewomen
03-10-2014, 03:19 AM
Interesting.. I'm not going to get excited about this yet, waiting for official announcement that is near.

LoyalACFan
03-10-2014, 03:48 AM

Nah, they had mentioned some pretty concrete stuff about AC4 too, it just so happened to be false. Remember the "2-player co-op with a famous Scottish pirate" thing? They provided details, it's just that everything but the setting was wrong. The same could be true here, he could be right about the location and maybe the name Arnaud, but wrong about the villa and junk.

Sushiglutton
03-10-2014, 04:15 PM
So what do you guys and gals think will be the controversy this time? For AC3 we had the America F*-yeah/evil redcoats. Last year it was the two naked ladies Edward (Oh noes it's an Ezio copy!!!!!!!) walked away from in the trailer and also Pirate Creed.

Neither was an issue for me at all once I started playing the games :D (and to be fair to myself I didn't really complain about those specific issues either). What do you think we will be able to rage about this year?

subject90
03-10-2014, 04:16 PM
https://twitter.com/GameOverGreggy

"Huge game announcement in two hours"

Fingers crossed Assassins !!!

oliacr
03-10-2014, 04:22 PM

yes. I'm hoping for the best :) 2 AC announcements :D

prince162010
03-10-2014, 04:32 PM

i'm waiting :D

lonewarrior30
03-10-2014, 04:32 PM
From @UbisoftToronto

''You guys don't mind us staying hush hush for now, right? We promise It'll be worth the wait!''
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BiXuoslCMAAKQWu.png:large

hmm.....

ACfan443
03-10-2014, 04:37 PM
From @UbisoftToronto

''You guys don't mind us staying hush hush for now, right? We promise It'll be worth the wait!''

hmm.....

What are they trying to imply - that the time between now and IGN's announcement will be worth the wait, or that AC5 will not be announced today but at some other time? (That is, if they're actually referring to AC5).

VoXngola
03-10-2014, 04:37 PM
From @UbisoftToronto

hmm.....

Quick, somebody enhance the picture and look for a clue.

frodrigues55
03-10-2014, 04:43 PM
Ok, now things are getting exciting! :eek: That must be AC involved, they are aware of our suffering.

That could either mean that they are not saying a thing for a while - or that the announcement today is AC related.

And I'm not talking about the new AC4 Bundle.

SchlechterWolf
03-10-2014, 04:43 PM
I'm sure that if the game were being announced today then Ubisoft would have issued a press release this morning for IGN to then comment on this afternoon. Maybe they'll have the date of the full announcement - but I don't expect much else to be honest. By 'huge announcement' they probably mean some sort of DLC for a game that's already out or something dull like that.

Don't be surprised if Assassin's Creed V isn't announced until April.

Regarding photograph from Ubisoft Toronto -- They are most likely referencing Jade Raymond's statement about the Toronto studio currently developing five games. She did not reveal what these games were, so the studio is probably being harassed for information and this is their response. To my knowledge Toronto plays no role in the production of Assassin's Creed, at least not in any major capacity (they may be lending a helping hand to Montréal, but no more).

jayjay275
03-10-2014, 04:45 PM
Two major games could e the two AC games, though I think it'll be some inde titles. :/

Sushiglutton
03-10-2014, 04:51 PM
From @UbisoftToronto

hmm.....

They are all gone, AC5 canceled confirmed!

ACConspiracies
03-10-2014, 04:53 PM
From @UbisoftToronto

hmm.....

I didn't think ubi Toronto worker on assassins creed but I am pretty sure it will either be assassins creed 5 or the division...

LoyalACFan
03-10-2014, 04:54 PM
Two major games could e the two AC games, though I think it'll be some inde titles. :/

Nah, the way IGN was hyping it up made it sound like big titles. Probably not AC though, I never knew Greg Miller to be an AC fan. If I had to guess, I'd say it's Uncharted 4. He's a HUUUUUGE Uncharted fan, to the point where it's almost creepy. The only other series he likes that much is MGS, but the next MGS is already announced and coming soon...

jayjay275
03-10-2014, 04:55 PM
Nah, the way IGN was hyping it up made it sound like big titles. Probably not AC though, I never knew Greg Miller to be an AC fan. If I had to guess, I'd say it's Uncharted 4. He's a HUUUUUGE Uncharted fan, to the point where it's almost creepy. The only other series he likes that much is MGS, but the next MGS is already announced and coming soon...

So was Uncharted 4, but unless you mean more details about it...

ACfan443
03-10-2014, 04:55 PM
I'm sure that if the game were being announced today then Ubisoft would have issued a press release this morning for IGN to then comment on this afternoon. Maybe they'll have the date of the full announcement - but I don't expect much else to be honest. By 'huge announcement' they probably mean some sort of DLC for a game that's already out or something dull like that.

Don't be surprised if Assassin's Creed V isn't announced until April.

I just can't see DLC being categorised as a 'huge announcement'. Either way, your theory is entirely plausible considering Watch Dogs seems to be their priority at the moment, shifting the momentum does seem a little counter intuitive.

To my knowledge Toronto plays no role in the production of Assassin's Creed, at least not in any major capacity (they may be lending a helping hand to Montréal, but no more).

I believe Jade revealed last year that Toronto is leading the development of AC5.

prince162010
03-10-2014, 04:57 PM
From @UbisoftToronto

hmm.....

Toronto studios are empty :( what does that mean ??

Sushiglutton
03-10-2014, 04:57 PM
Journalists have a tendency to hype things a bit too much. For example Geoff Keighley made it sound like the VGX would have some of the biggest anouncments ever and all we got was confirmation that Cranky Kong would be plyable in Tropical Freeze lol.

LoyalACFan
03-10-2014, 04:58 PM
So was Uncharted 4, but unless you mean more details about it...

U4 was barely teased, and we know essentially nothing about it. I think a new trailer would, at this point, still be considered a major reveal.

ACConspiracies
03-10-2014, 05:14 PM
It was assassin's creed 5.... read this until the end...something is coming soon!!!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-03-10-assassins-creed-4-black-flag-goty-edition-announced

Dome500
03-10-2014, 05:15 PM
Journalists have a tendency to hype things a bit too much. For example Geoff Keighley made it sound like the VGX would have some of the biggest anouncments ever and all we got was confirmation that Cranky Kong would be plyable in Tropical Freeze lol.

Yeah, let's not wet our pants before anything is confirmed here. I think the last weaks should have taught you that there is a lot you'd not expect.

Mr.GoodKall
03-10-2014, 05:16 PM
Yeah, let's not wet our pants before anything is confirmed here. I think the last weaks should have taught you that there is a lot you'd not expect.

HAhAHAha

prince162010
03-10-2014, 05:16 PM
It was assassin's creed 5.... read this until the end...something is coming soon!!!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-03-10-assassins-creed-4-black-flag-goty-edition-announced

Good find

ACfan443
03-10-2014, 05:17 PM

"And with that out the way, how about some news on Assassin's Creed 5..."

HYPE.

SchlechterWolf
03-10-2014, 05:17 PM
I believe Jade revealed last year that Toronto is leading the development of AC5.

A quick internet search tells me that Jade confirmed that Toronto would be collaborating with Montréal on Assassin's Creed V (http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/03/28/future-assassins-creed-in-development-at-ubisoft-toronto). Montréal is leading as always.

Mr.GoodKall
03-10-2014, 05:18 PM

umm... all they said was that now they are ready for ACV. They didn't say anything about this announcement being AC5 related

LoyalACFan
03-10-2014, 05:20 PM

I think he's saying "Hey, Ubisoft, how about some news on AC5, eh?" Not "Now that we've got this out of the way, stay tuned for our AC5 coverage later today!"

Nothing confirmed.

overdidd
03-10-2014, 05:20 PM
"And with that out the way, how about some news on Assassin's Creed 5..."

HYPE.

Oh please be true this time.

jayjay275
03-10-2014, 05:26 PM
U4 was barely teased, and we know essentially nothing about it. I think a new trailer would, at this point, still be considered a major reveal.

Uncharted 4 is going to be saved for E3 I reckon.

Geoff hyped up that show as if it were the second coming of Jesus.

pittbull4200
03-10-2014, 05:28 PM
Check acinitiates it is in Russia Mosow to be precise which was the rumors before hand

Assassin_M
03-10-2014, 05:30 PM
Check acinitiates it is in Russia Mosow to be precise which was the rumors before hand
No -_-

There were no rumors, just some pic of Russia popping and everyone is like "OHMAGODZ RUSSIA" even though a few weeks before it, we had friggin Japan ~_~

VoXngola
03-10-2014, 05:32 PM
Why do you people not understand this..

That's part of Initiates' own meta-storyline. Initiates has absolutely nothing to do with the setting of the next game. Darby even confirmed that it's not Russia. The leaked pic of our new assassin should even further strenghten this point. I can't imagin an assassin in Russia to look like this. And how exactly does Freedom Cry point towards Russia? It hints at England(the firecrackers' origin is China, but it was in England and other parts of Europe where it really got popular), France and China.

Sorry if I seem to be rude, but I've been seeing people everywhere left and right who say that it's going to be Russia when it's obviously not..

lothario-da-be
03-10-2014, 05:45 PM
I am starting to feel like this
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2012/03/ac3countdowneheader.png

LoyalACFan
03-10-2014, 06:30 PM
I am starting to feel like this
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2012/03/ac3countdowneheader.png

Yeah? Well, I'm starting to feel like this

http://images.memegenerator.net/images/298x/10938376.jpg

Ureh
03-10-2014, 06:33 PM
Those rumors that there might be 2 AC games this year haven't been debunked yet, right?

Is it possible that AC5 might be split into two parts (like HP Deathly Hallows movies)?

LoyalACFan
03-10-2014, 06:35 PM
Those rumors that there might be 2 AC games this year haven't been debunked yet, right?

Is it possible that AC5 might be split into two parts (like HP Deathly Hallows movies)?

I hope not, that would suck. And it would be dishonest; having the full package finished, but releasing it as two parts? That's worse than on-disc DLC.

If there are two AC's this year, I would hope that they're unrelated.

oliacr
03-10-2014, 06:37 PM

nononon, that would be bad

ACConspiracies
03-10-2014, 06:41 PM
Well ign didn't announce assassin's creed 5... but we still have hope for today...because of the hints from ubisoft Toronto twitter and what euro gamer just said... btw I doubt there are going to be 2 assassin's creed games... that is so stupid and also ubisoft has 2 unannounced games to announce including assassin's creed 5 and the division....

Dome500
03-10-2014, 06:43 PM
I hope not, that would suck. And it would be dishonest; having the full package finished, but releasing it as two parts? That's worse than on-disc DLC.

If there are two AC's this year, I would hope that they're unrelated.

Depends on how long they are. If each game has 12 -14 sequences I don't mind.

But then again, it would kind of come across like ACB all over again :rolleyes:

Well ign didn't announce assassin's creed 5

Considering the fact that they will only announce something in 30 minutes or so (when was it supposed to be again?) we can not actively say that "IGN didn't announce AC5". Or have I gotten something wrong here?

Ameriski6
03-10-2014, 06:44 PM
Well ign didn't announce assassin's creed 5... but we still have hope for today...because of the hints from ubisoft Toronto twitter and what euro gamer just said... btw I doubt there are going to be 2 assassin's creed games... that is so stupid and also ubisoft has 2 unannounced games to announce including assassin's creed 5 and the division....

What did Eurogamer say?

Also i doubt we are getting anything today.

@Dome500

The 2 games IGN seemed to be teasing were these.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/10/5489370/costume-quest-2-gone-home-xbox-playstation-midnight-city

Dome500
03-10-2014, 06:48 PM
What did Eurogamer say?

@Dome500

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/10/5489370/costume-quest-2-gone-home-xbox-playstation-midnight-city

Oh.

Okay, then I might have gotten the time wrong.

Not a surprise for me though. I didn't think they'd announce it today. I mean, come on - right after the Watch Dogs weekend? No way. Maybe at the end of the week, not earlier.

LoyalACFan
03-10-2014, 06:49 PM

I don't care how long they are, if the content is all finished, it is very sleazy to chop it in two and charge double the price for one story.

ACConspiracies
03-10-2014, 06:50 PM

Considering the fact that they will only announce something in 30 minutes or so (when was it supposed to be again?) we can not actively say that "IGN didn't announce AC5". Or have I gotten something wrong here?

Well they said they were going to announce two new games at their up at noon show which ended up being something else...

LoyalACFan
03-10-2014, 06:51 PM
Well they said they were going to announce two new games at their up at noon show which ended up being something else...

Yeah, and one of them wasn't even a new freaking game, just a console port of Gone Home :nonchalance:

If that's how Greg Miller reacts to an indie game and a console port, he's gonna blow a gasket when the first Uncharted 4 footage comes out.

Dome500
03-10-2014, 06:55 PM

Yeah, I got the news :D

Well, but considering there were so many so called "leaks" and they all turned out false I am actually not surprised this one also wasn't anything important.
Also, how high was the chance those 2 games would be Assassins Creed. Even for one of them being AC the chance was not high.

prince162010
03-10-2014, 06:56 PM
Greg miller already announced Costume Quest 2 , so .. what is the second game ? let's see !

ACConspiracies
03-10-2014, 06:57 PM
What did Eurogamer say?

@Dome500

Well they announced assassin's creed 4 black flag goty edition and at the end they said "now that's out of the way, let's focus on assassin's creed 5"...

and ubisoft Toronto tweeted that somethings coming that was worth the wait... and ubisoft Toronto was confirmed to be working on assassin's creed 5....

oliacr
03-10-2014, 06:57 PM
Greg miller already announced Costume Quest 2 , so .. what is the second game ? let's see !

that was a huge announcement!

LoyalACFan
03-10-2014, 07:06 PM

A console port of Gone Home. He really oversold the "huge reveals."

overdidd
03-10-2014, 07:06 PM
http://oi62.tinypic.com/xlhzrs.jpg

So yea...

jayjay275
03-10-2014, 07:23 PM
http://oi62.tinypic.com/xlhzrs.jpg

So yea...

Greg's gone crazy.
No wait, he wasn't clear when he said they were major announcements...

lothario-da-be
03-10-2014, 07:37 PM
I clearly remember him saying it would make everyone happy though.
Anyway Boycotting this dude forever.

Dome500
03-10-2014, 07:44 PM
I clearly remember him saying it would make everyone happy though.
Anyway Boycotting this dude forever.

Ah, he is a journalist from IGN. Who takes IGn seriously? :p ;)

STDlyMcStudpants
03-10-2014, 07:53 PM
I didnt expect it from the start..Greg was never an AC fan...the only thing that got him excited about ac 4 was that cats rubbed up against your leg...

adventurewomen
03-10-2014, 08:07 PM
Ah, he is a journalist from IGN. Who takes IGn seriously? :p ;)
Same question can be asked about Kotaku.. They be trollin'

pittbull4200
03-10-2014, 08:27 PM
Why do you people not understand this..

That's part of Initiates' own meta-storyline. Initiates has absolutely nothing to do with the setting of the next game. Darby even confirmed that it's not Russia. The leaked pic of our new assassin should even further strenghten this point. I can't imagin an assassin in Russia to look like this. And how exactly does Freedom Cry point towards Russia? It hints at England(the firecrackers' origin is China, but it was in England and other parts of Europe where it really got popular), France and China.

Sorry if I seem to be rude, but I've been seeing people everywhere left and right who say that it's going to be Russia when it's obviously not..

Know a lot about games but only been playing AC for over a month just seen it hard to keep up with anything on these games between updates, initiates, MP and SP game, Uplay and its stuff so yeah

Dome500
03-10-2014, 08:27 PM

Yeah a shame that applies to a lot of gaming journalists and/or magazines today...

silvermercy
03-10-2014, 10:16 PM
http://oi58.tinypic.com/24e1i61.jpg

I wanted to add "official" leaks but not much space. :p

lothario-da-be
03-10-2014, 10:18 PM
http://oi58.tinypic.com/24e1i61.jpg

I wanted to add "official" leaks but not much space. :p
Haven't you had enough leaks in the past 3 weeks? :p

silvermercy
03-10-2014, 10:19 PM
Haven't you had enough leaks in the past 3 weeks? :p
I haz nott! And though shall not either. :p
Real leaks. lol

LoyalACFan
03-10-2014, 10:21 PM

Ugh, Kotaku is the worst. They're the ones who let this monstrosity happen.

http://tay.kotaku.com/red-dead-redemption-is-it-the-last-gens-biggest-zero-1450109329

SixKeys
03-10-2014, 11:05 PM
Ugh, Kotaku is the worst. They're the ones who let this monstrosity happen.

http://tay.kotaku.com/red-dead-redemption-is-it-the-last-gens-biggest-zero-1450109329

Whut.

prince162010
03-10-2014, 11:29 PM
Hahaha hehehe i will come back tomorrow :D that's it

LoyalACFan
03-10-2014, 11:40 PM
Whut.

Yeah. I think they turned the hipster dial up to 11 and damn near broke reality.

ACfan443
03-11-2014, 12:23 AM
Meh, I'm in the minority when I say this, considering RDR is widely regarded as the holy grail of open world gaming, but I found it to be extremely boring and a chore to complete. To each his own I guess.

ze_topazio
03-11-2014, 12:35 AM
Kotaku is a blog and they have many writers so they are allowed to have that kind of articles, they are not a normal news website.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
03-11-2014, 02:16 AM
Yeah. I think they turned the hipster dial up to 11 and damn near broke reality.

Definitely. Here's the thing about Red Dead that makes it so good...

The story is actually really good. It may be a bit predictable but that doesn't make it bad. It was a good Western story, complete with redemption and revenge. The characters were unbearably annoying but that was the point. You were only really supposed to care for a handful of people. Bonnie MacFarlane is one of gaming's best female characters. Rockstar has gotten flak for their portrayal of women before such as in GTA where women are supposedly always depicted as either ladies of the night, strippers, or annoying wives/girlfriends. RDR does feature the oldest profession but the main character is faithful to his wife and THAT'S cool. It's one of the few "limitations" they arbitrarily set on the game and that makes me like John Marston even more.

Anyway... yeah, the other characters were supposed to be the worst. They use John to help their needs and he begrudgingly helps them since they promise to help him. By the time they do get around to helping him (which takes forever since it's like pulling teeth), it's too late. It's frustrating, but that's the point.
Also the ending is awesome.

The world is one of the most ALIVE worlds in any game I've ever played thanks in large part to the random events (a game mechanic that I absolutely adored in Spiderman 2 and again adored in RDR -- it's something the AC series has never done too well). First of all, you have all the Hunter, Sharpshooter, Treasure Hunter, and Survivalist challenges that are fairly easy but take a good portion of time to complete but the reward (Legend of the West outfit) is actually pretty awesome IMO. There are a SLEW of different animals ranging from a bunch of different types of birds like eagles, hawks, owls, and crows to bears to cougars to bobcats to wolves and so on. The guy complains that the animals don't act realistically but it's a video game. It's supposed to be challenging. If animals didn't attack you, I'd be upset. Most important are the random events tthough:

Saving a woman from being raped/killed
Tracking down a horse thief and returning the horse to its owner
Chasing after a store robber and either killing him or lassoing him and returning the thief to the store owner.
Being ambushed on the side of the road by bandits who used an "innocent" woman to lure you in -- you can then spare or kill her
Being asked for a ride only to have the person throw you off and steal your horse
Bounties: I believe there is a set number of bounties but that they will loop over providing "indefinite" bounties and that they might be3 found in a different location but I may be wrong
Finding someone being fired at by criminals
Duels: Again... I think the same thing as Bounties I think... I could be wrong.
Poker, Liar's Dice, Arm Wrestling, Blackjack...
Bandits riding through town for you to ignore or take down
and some that I can't think of off the top of my head.

The game is gorgeous. The graphics still hold up IMO. The faces and stuff are a bit dated when you look at next gen like inFamous but the game is still really pretty when you're just playing.

It's one of my favorite games of all time and definitely beats almost every other open world game in terms of freedom and things to do. If horses and old west stuff ain't your thing then yeah... you probably won't like it but if you're even remotely into that, I don't see how it's bad. It's a fun, fun, fun game and I really wish AC would copy the way RDR did it's random events.

What does the AC series have that's like that? The thieves? That's all I can think of. Even Assassination Contracts which are AC's equivalent to bounties down't have randomized locations to make them feel fresh. An open world game NEEDS those random activities to do and the various board games they have now don't count unless they also have people being dragged and attacked, robbed, or ambushed.

Oh! I forgot that you could be ambushed by people in Brotherhood! Only...if you did something (can't remember what exactly it was you had to do), it would stop you from ever being ambushed. Great! One of the few cool things that could have been made to never end to provide something to still do post-story... was rendered unplayable once you completed a certain mission (I think it was a Thieves Guild mission but I'm not positive)

Then there's hunting in AC3/4 but again.. RDR had hunting PLUS all the other random events. And hunting is something YOU have to initiate. I like there still feeling like things are happening in the world. I believe you can be attacked in the ocean by random boats but nothing like that happens on land. Why hasn't Ubi given us that?

Assassination Contracts: How many are in AC4? Just to keep it simple, I'm going to pretend there's 25. Why not, after finishing those 25... why not have there be random contracts where it randomly picks a location and spawns a new target for you to get to and assassinate. then you have to escape the restricted area.
People being robbed -- I want to be able to run through the city and then hear a commotion while also seeing a little blip appear on my mini-map. I get to the blip and a person tells me they were just robbed. I then chase this guy down who's running through the streets, in and out of crowds, vaulting over fences, climbing onto the tops of buildings and free running to escape. I get to him and can either assassinate him and keep the money myself (for a lower public opinion), assassinate him and return the money (to raise public opinion), or take him down non-lethally and return the money (for max public opinion)
Thief assignments -- Why have only a set number of missions? Why not have randomized locations and people you can steal from so there is always a thieving mission to complete.
Horse thieves
People attacked by thugs
Corrupt guards harassing civilians
Thieves who steal from you
Ambushes where a group lures you in and then tries to jump you
etc.

RDR did that exceptionally well and THAT'S why it's so good. If only Ubisoft did the same thing with AC. Even Watch_Dogs seems like it's having those random events with how you can see "potential victims" and follow them and intervene in a crime. Then when a criminal flees, they may act in one of a slew of different ways -- they'll either shoot back at you, escape via car, reach his friends and fight you, etc. That sounds AWESOME. But why isn't AC doing that???

Fatal-Feit
03-11-2014, 02:36 AM
RDR did that exceptionally well and THAT'S why it's so good. If only Ubisoft did the same thing with AC. Even Watch_Dogs seems like it's having those random events with how you can see "potential victims" and follow them and intervene in a crime. Then when a criminal flees, they may act in one of a slew of different ways -- they'll either shoot back at you, escape via car, reach his friends and fight you, etc. That sounds AWESOME. But why isn't AC doing that???

Uhhhhh... But AC:IV DOES have random events, lol.

*Thieves who robs you
*Supply couriers who runs from you
*Pirates fighting guards
*Pirates being hung
*Pirates needing refuge in an island
*Pirates used as hostage
*Pirates currently caught
*AI battles on islands
*AI battles on seas
*Storms
*Harpooning
*Social events
*Community events
And a few others that I can't remember.

There's also MP that's jumbled with content and events.

[edit] Oh and on sea, you have your random encounters with refugees, scattered resources, and pirate hunters.

[edit again]

*Looting warehouses
*Getting info through bars, exploring, or randomly finding Royal Convoys to loot
*Random encounters with unique animals like White Tigers or Red Howler Monkeys.

[edit again, again]

Sorry, I forgot about Freedom Cry. Let's see, where do I start...
*Freeing slaves on plantations (day and night cycle that changes gameplay)
*Freeing slaves the many countless ways in the city (very varied and plentiful --not that I condone slavery)
*Freeing slaves from convoys on sea

SixKeys
03-11-2014, 03:47 AM
*Pirates fighting guards
*Pirates being hung
*Pirates used as hostage

All of these only spawned if you didn't have full crew members, which was practically impossible to avoid. So yes, they were in the game, but sadly almost never popped up. In RDR random events happen regardless of your actions which makes the world feel alive.

Freedom Cry felt more alive in the same way because slavery was everywhere. One could argue the events spawned way too often, but they definitely brought more life to the world than AC4's random events.

STDlyMcStudpants
03-11-2014, 04:10 AM
I guess we have to wait til friday :(
Ubi shouldve stole titanfalls shine lol

Fatal-Feit
03-11-2014, 05:14 AM
All of these only spawned if you didn't have full crew members, which was practically impossible to avoid. So yes, they were in the game, but sadly almost never popped up. In RDR random events happen regardless of your actions which makes the world feel alive.

A majority of them still spawned, regardless. Although I agree, recruits were too accessible. Just like animal skins. It made hunting and harpooning rather useless too.

Freedom Cry felt more alive in the same way because slavery was everywhere. One could argue the events spawned way too often, but they definitely brought more life to the world than AC4's random events.

AC haven't reached RDR level yet, but AC:IV's still a great example of how the SP is getting there.

I-Like-Pie45
03-11-2014, 05:53 AM
not even GTA5 has reached RDR levels yet

jeffies04
03-11-2014, 05:58 AM
I thought there were way too many "floaters" in the game. I got more excited when I anchored at an island and I saw some guys being attacked by Royal Navy or being held at gunpoint. Or when I would sail into Port Royal to stop an execution when my crew needed guys. I felt like a badass. Everywhere you sailed there were dudes floatin around though.. made it easy to fill up fast.

whereisantonio
03-11-2014, 08:56 AM
New costumes for certain characters. :D

If you read the Stowaway's costume description; China is mentioned.
Does this mean AC5 is gonna be set in China!?

ACConspiracies
03-11-2014, 10:56 AM

*Thieves who robs you
*Pirates fighting guards
*Pirates being hung
*Pirates used as hostage
*AI battles on islands
*AI battles on seas
*Storms
*Harpooning
*Social events
*Community events

[edit] Oh and on sea, you have your random encounters with refugees, scattered resources, and pirate hunters.

[edit again]

*Looting warehouses
*Getting info through bars, exploring, or randomly finding Royal Convoys to loot

[edit again, again]

*Freeing slaves the many countless ways in the city (very varied and plentiful --not that I condone slavery)

Yes it does have a lot of stuff but in red dead redemption it really feels random.... I mean in ac4 I do most things from my map.... so I know exactly what I am doing and anything that is random like two ships fighting I just leave them alone but in red dead I can be just riding my horse and something totally random happens... that feels natural and not forced... and although ac4 had the most in terms of content... ac2 feels the most like red dead... not because they are similar but they both give you the same feeling of "OMG how great us this game" I mean I will never forget the days when I first played that and saw everything as if it was new... The main reason the new AC's aren't as good as 2 is because they don't give anything new.... I mean unless you have never played AC before you know exactly how everything works and that doesn't allow it to feel like a real world to you... and although they make each game every year and make them good... I think it was very important for the series have a two year break between each game for more development time and much more of a wait which will build up the hype... also because they come out so early we have a tendency to pre judge by thinking it is going to be bad because it come out less then a hear before the last game... but they have done certain things which they are too late to change so I just have to enjoy them the way they are.... oh well... AC is still my favorite franchise...

edzilla_551
03-11-2014, 11:09 AM
Yes it does have a lot of stuff but in red dead redemption it really feels random.... I mean in ac4 I do most things from my map.... so I know exactly what I am doing and anything that is random like two ships fighting I just leave them alone but in red dead I can be just riding my horse and something totally random happens... that feels natural and not forced... and although ac4 had the most in terms of content... ac2 feels the most like red dead... not because they are similar but they both give you the same feeling of "OMG how great us this game" I mean I will never forget the days when I first played that and saw everything as if it was new... The main reason the new AC's aren't as good as 2 is because they don't give anything new.... I mean unless you have never played AC before you know exactly how everything works and that doesn't allow it to feel like a real world to you... and although they make each game every year and make them good... I think it was very important for the series have a two year break between each game for more development time and much more of a wait which will build up the hype... also because they come out so early we have a tendency to pre judge by thinking it is going to be bad because it come out less then a hear before the last game... but they have done certain things which they are too late to change so I just have to enjoy them the way they are.... oh well... AC is still my favorite franchise...

Mine too :D

Mr_Shade
03-11-2014, 11:22 AM
umm... all they said was that now they are ready for ACV. They didn't say anything about this announcement being AC5 related

indeed..

They like many others, want some news.. not they have some - people are reading between the lines again.. ;)

BoBwUzHeRe1138
03-11-2014, 12:43 PM

*Thieves who robs you
*Pirates fighting guards
*Pirates being hung
*Pirates used as hostage
*AI battles on islands
*AI battles on seas
*Storms
*Harpooning
*Social events
*Community events

[edit again]

*Looting warehouses

[edit again, again]

Do they always happen even after the main story? For instance...I thought it was fun to have to reclaim a den in ACR but as soon as you lock it...that's it. They did for a LOT of things. I mentioned the ambushes in ACB also ending once you do a certain action. I hate that.

What AI battles are on land (not counting you intentionally attacking guards)

Storms don't really count, that's a weather thing but it IS appreciated. I loved the rain and snow in AC3 but I wouldn't count that as the same thing.

Social/community events are cool but again, they're not really the same thing. For instance...the first event was just to kill a certain number of enemies if I recall (I haven't played AC4) so that's not really the same. That's something I have to initiate. That's a far cry from the hangings you mentioned or the people being attacked in RDR.

Do slaves constantly respawn or do those end after awhile?

A majority of them still spawned, regardless. Although I agree, recruits were too accessible. Just like animal skins. It made hunting and harpooning rather useless too.

AC haven't reached RDR level yet, but AC:IV's still a great example of how the SP is getting there.

Oh I know. I haven't played AC4 so it's not fair to judge IT but from what I've heard, a lot of the cool things sound like they end once you do a certain amount and that sticks. Like...even if there was only 15 spaces for your crew or whatever, why not let me STILL save pirates -- they're just not added into the crew. It cheapens the experience to me because it's just like "oh , I filled my crew... suddenly there are no more pirates that the british want to kill?"

I just wish those things would pop up no matter what at random times.

not even GTA5 has reached RDR levels yet

What DOES GTA 5 have? I heard it's got muggings and maybe car jackings or something? But I'm not sure.

True_Assassin92
03-11-2014, 01:06 PM
My bets are on monday March 17th! We might get some info then.

Mr_Shade
03-11-2014, 02:52 PM
Any reason for that - or - just a guess?

Just some will now start the hype train again focusing on that date.. ;)

oliacr
03-11-2014, 03:09 PM
My bets are on monday March 17th! We might get some info then.

Don't think so. You can come up with any date... Ubi should announce the date too...

I-Like-Pie45
03-11-2014, 03:26 PM
What DOES GTA 5 have? I heard it's got muggings and maybe car jackings or something? But I'm not sure.

It has muggings

armored car robberies

store robberies

hitchhikers

etc.

but the thing is...

unless you fail one of these random events, they don't respawn like RDR

once you complete all 57 of them, you just have one large map with no random events to liven things up

Dome500
03-11-2014, 04:53 PM
Yeah, I remember being totally psyched about Revelations having those random events the developers talked about like if you pass by somewhere someone might rob another person and you have the chance to get the money back or similar things.

In the end I was disappointed because all that stuff they talked about was not in. There were just 1 or 2 random fistfights and a killer once in a while.

Fatal-Feit
03-11-2014, 06:28 PM
Do they always happen even after the main story? For instance...I thought it was fun to have to reclaim a den in ACR but as soon as you lock it...that's it. They did for a LOT of things. I mentioned the ambushes in ACB also ending once you do a certain action. I hate that.

What AI battles are on land (not counting you intentionally attacking guards)

Storms don't really count, that's a weather thing but it IS appreciated. I loved the rain and snow in AC3 but I wouldn't count that as the same thing.

Social/community events are cool but again, they're not really the same thing. For instance...the first event was just to kill a certain number of enemies if I recall (I haven't played AC4) so that's not really the same. That's something I have to initiate. That's a far cry from the hangings you mentioned or the people being attacked in RDR.

Yes, I only mentioned events that happens after you complete the game. Regarding the ambushes in AC:B, though... I've always wondered why it wasn't in AC:IV. It would have made so much sense for Edward to be randomly attacked by other pirates.

Storms aren't exactly like the rain or snow in AC:3. It's more than a cosmetic touch, especially during battles. However I can understand why you'd dismiss it.

Community events, sure. But not social events. You'd come across special Royal Convoys to plunder, White Whales to harpoon, or Community Chests.

AI battles on lands are when you come across guards from other factions battling.

Do slaves constantly respawn or do those end after awhile?

Oh trust me, they never end. Like Sixkeys said, some can argue that they're too frequent.

Oh I know. I haven't played AC4 so it's not fair to judge IT but from what I've heard, a lot of the cool things sound like they end once you do a certain amount and that sticks. Like...even if there was only 15 spaces for your crew or whatever, why not let me STILL save pirates -- they're just not added into the crew. It cheapens the experience to me because it's just like "oh , I filled my crew... suddenly there are no more pirates that the british want to kill?"

I just wish those things would pop up no matter what at random times.

Me too. AC:IV could have been better but like AC:2, it had a bunch of awful design choices that kept it from perfection.

AssassinHMS
03-11-2014, 06:31 PM
Definitely. Here's the thing about Red Dead that makes it so good...

The story is actually really good. It may be a bit predictable but that doesn't make it bad. It was a good Western story, complete with redemption and revenge. The characters were unbearably annoying but that was the point. You were only really supposed to care for a handful of people. Bonnie MacFarlane is one of gaming's best female characters. Rockstar has gotten flak for their portrayal of women before such as in GTA where women are supposedly always depicted as either ladies of the night, strippers, or annoying wives/girlfriends. RDR does feature the oldest profession but the main character is faithful to his wife and THAT'S cool. It's one of the few "limitations" they arbitrarily set on the game and that makes me like John Marston even more.

Anyway... yeah, the other characters were supposed to be the worst. They use John to help their needs and he begrudgingly helps them since they promise to help him. By the time they do get around to helping him (which takes forever since it's like pulling teeth), it's too late. It's frustrating, but that's the point.
Also the ending is awesome.

The world is one of the most ALIVE worlds in any game I've ever played thanks in large part to the random events (a game mechanic that I absolutely adored in Spiderman 2 and again adored in RDR -- it's something the AC series has never done too well). First of all, you have all the Hunter, Sharpshooter, Treasure Hunter, and Survivalist challenges that are fairly easy but take a good portion of time to complete but the reward (Legend of the West outfit) is actually pretty awesome IMO. There are a SLEW of different animals ranging from a bunch of different types of birds like eagles, hawks, owls, and crows to bears to cougars to bobcats to wolves and so on. The guy complains that the animals don't act realistically but it's a video game. It's supposed to be challenging. If animals didn't attack you, I'd be upset. Most important are the random events tthough:

Saving a woman from being raped/killed
Tracking down a horse thief and returning the horse to its owner
Chasing after a store robber and either killing him or lassoing him and returning the thief to the store owner.
Being ambushed on the side of the road by bandits who used an "innocent" woman to lure you in -- you can then spare or kill her
Being asked for a ride only to have the person throw you off and steal your horse
Bounties: I believe there is a set number of bounties but that they will loop over providing "indefinite" bounties and that they might be3 found in a different location but I may be wrong
Finding someone being fired at by criminals
Duels: Again... I think the same thing as Bounties I think... I could be wrong.
Poker, Liar's Dice, Arm Wrestling, Blackjack...
Bandits riding through town for you to ignore or take down
and some that I can't think of off the top of my head.

The game is gorgeous. The graphics still hold up IMO. The faces and stuff are a bit dated when you look at next gen like inFamous but the game is still really pretty when you're just playing.

It's one of my favorite games of all time and definitely beats almost every other open world game in terms of freedom and things to do. If horses and old west stuff ain't your thing then yeah... you probably won't like it but if you're even remotely into that, I don't see how it's bad. It's a fun, fun, fun game and I really wish AC would copy the way RDR did it's random events.

What does the AC series have that's like that? The thieves? That's all I can think of. Even Assassination Contracts which are AC's equivalent to bounties down't have randomized locations to make them feel fresh. An open world game NEEDS those random activities to do and the various board games they have now don't count unless they also have people being dragged and attacked, robbed, or ambushed.

Oh! I forgot that you could be ambushed by people in Brotherhood! Only...if you did something (can't remember what exactly it was you had to do), it would stop you from ever being ambushed. Great! One of the few cool things that could have been made to never end to provide something to still do post-story... was rendered unplayable once you completed a certain mission (I think it was a Thieves Guild mission but I'm not positive)

Then there's hunting in AC3/4 but again.. RDR had hunting PLUS all the other random events. And hunting is something YOU have to initiate. I like there still feeling like things are happening in the world. I believe you can be attacked in the ocean by random boats but nothing like that happens on land. Why hasn't Ubi given us that?

Assassination Contracts: How many are in AC4? Just to keep it simple, I'm going to pretend there's 25. Why not, after finishing those 25... why not have there be random contracts where it randomly picks a location and spawns a new target for you to get to and assassinate. then you have to escape the restricted area.
People being robbed -- I want to be able to run through the city and then hear a commotion while also seeing a little blip appear on my mini-map. I get to the blip and a person tells me they were just robbed. I then chase this guy down who's running through the streets, in and out of crowds, vaulting over fences, climbing onto the tops of buildings and free running to escape. I get to him and can either assassinate him and keep the money myself (for a lower public opinion), assassinate him and return the money (to raise public opinion), or take him down non-lethally and return the money (for max public opinion)
Thief assignments -- Why have only a set number of missions? Why not have randomized locations and people you can steal from so there is always a thieving mission to complete.
Horse thieves
People attacked by thugs
Corrupt guards harassing civilians
Thieves who steal from you
Ambushes where a group lures you in and then tries to jump you
etc.

Any open world game has a ton of potencial but it is usualy wasted. In AC's case, it is wasted mainly due to the yearly releases and the focus of the products. AC focuses on what is mainstream, a fast-paced adventure filled with action, a few puzzles and a lot of handholding. This plus an open world, multiplayer and a sadish story make most AC games (oh, and a ton of historical characters and landmarks for the sake of "History!"). But why? Why make a huge open world if you're not going to take any real advantage of it? Why add historical locations or buildings if you won't use them for more than a mission, if that? Why add a ton of historical figures if you're not going to develop their characters nearly as much as they deserve, if most of them wil only serve to take up space?

The power of AC does not lay here and it can't be unleashed with a fast-paced action adventure in an empty and dead open world.
The MAIN power of AC is PEOPLE:
- social stealth;
- gossips, conspiracies to be investigated;
- diferent cultures, cults, etc;
- random events.

A smaller open world that feels like a real place, with a history and a society that interacts with the player. Every npc has a "life", a routine, a joke, a secret, a mission, etc. Ac could allow us to explore different cultures during a certain time period. Show us how people lived back then in that place, their costumes and traditions, their beliefs and limitations. We would spy on people, enter their lives and see them from a different perspective, discover ties to dangerous cults, uncover conspiracies that lead to historicaly accurate events. That is a true open world, where every npc, every corner, window or aley offers an oppurtunity, a new mission, a reward, a piece of information, etc.

It baffles me when people don't realize the potencial of exploring the interior of buildings. All those historical landmarks, all the stories that can be written down in a paper inside a house, or hidden in the basement. Being able to assassinate targets inside their houses, inside a church or a cathedral. Breaking into houses or well garded locations, all seamlessly, etc. I just don't see how anyone could pass this up. Instead of making huge empty worlds, Ubisoft could make one big city, where we can explore the interior of every house, where every npc has a daily routine, where the simple act of eavesdropping on people, of spying on them leads to so something bigger.

Instead of making Assassin's Creed games that lose the spark once the story is over or once the player has finished most side missions and is left wating for the next AC to come out, they could make a superior open world game with endless replay value, that provides insight and a real Assassin experience that could hold up for 2,3 or 4 years until the next game is out.

MIA SILENT
03-11-2014, 06:43 PM
Expected to have heard something by now. AC4 leaked in February! But still nothing from AC5. There's been a few big releases and announcements so far this year; wonder if that's got anything to do with it. I think people who aren't currently too excited over Assassin's Creed are probably more hyped by things like Titanfall, Metal Gear and Dark Souls 2 at the moment. Announcing AC5 now might not be good from a marketing POV. Still, hope to hear something soon, I need my AC fix.

AssassinHMS
03-11-2014, 07:53 PM
Still, hope to hear something soon, I need my AC fix.

Too bad that kind of fix doesn't really fix anything.

oliacr
03-11-2014, 08:11 PM
Expected to have heard something by now. AC4 leaked in February! But still nothing from AC5. There's been a few big releases and announcements so far this year; wonder if that's got anything to do with it. I think people who aren't currently too excited over Assassin's Creed are probably more hyped by things like Titanfall, Metal Gear and Dark Souls 2 at the moment. Announcing AC5 now might not be good from a marketing POV. Still, hope to hear something soon, I need my AC fix.

I don't see why. They announced the last 3 titles in March. So we still have some hope.

Fatal-Feit
03-11-2014, 09:07 PM
I don't see why. They announced the last 3 titles in March. So we still have some hope.

There's a flood of new titles and games to compete with if they announce a new AC today. Ubisoft is probably waiting for the right moment to strike.

MIA SILENT
03-11-2014, 10:56 PM
Too bad that kind of fix doesn't really fix anything.

It helps when you lower your expectations. I stopped obsessing over what my perfect AC would be a long time ago. Now I accept them for what they are; pretty fun games with the occasional great moments. I don't expect any foundation shattering changes from the next AC, just a fun game.

AssassinHMS
03-12-2014, 12:13 AM
It helps when you lower your expectations. I stopped obsessing over what my perfect AC would be a long time ago. Now I accept them for what they are; pretty fun games with the occasional great moments. I don't expect any foundation shattering changes from the next AC, just a fun game.

My expectations aren't exactly high, which is why I'm not remotely excited for ACV. I am not obsessed over my perfect AC though, I'm simply angry at Ubisoft for turning one of my favourite games into a crappy yearly fix. Not that the games, themselves, are crappy, but the way Ubisoft keeps recycling and downgrading the same weak core by adding a new coat every instalment while progressively getting rid of AC's identity is pure crap.
You say AC games are fun but, for me, the same joke only makes me laugh once...maybe twice. I just can't accept that, what Ubisoft does, is normal, I just can't accept these games for what they are, lame copies that serve as an excuse to continue the raping of this brand, and keep acting like I don't give two cents. Because I do, and I think Assassin's Creed deserves better.

MIA SILENT
03-12-2014, 01:09 AM
My expectations aren't exactly high, which is why I'm not remotely excited for ACV. I am not obsessed over my perfect AC though, I'm simply angry at Ubisoft for turning one of my favourite games into a crappy yearly fix. Not that the games, themselves, are crappy, but the way Ubisoft keeps recycling and downgrading the same weak core by adding a new coat every instalment while progressively getting rid of AC's identity is pure crap.
You say AC games are fun but, for me, the same joke only makes me laugh once...maybe twice. I just can't accept that, what Ubisoft does, is normal, I just can't accept these games for what they are, lame copies that serve as an excuse to continue the raping of this brand, and keep acting like I don't give two cents. Because I do, and I think Assassin's Creed deserves better.

So I take it you won't be buying AC5? That's your choice man, I'm sure plenty of people feel the same. I too would rather a longer release schedule, and I think the amount of people who work on these games does them no favors, it's kinda ridiculous actually the amount of bodies working on one game. A smaller team would probably be able to make a more focused AC experience, instead of these blockbuster-esque games that try to do too much.

Assassin_M
03-12-2014, 01:20 AM
Any open world game has a ton of potencial but it is usualy wasted. In AC's case, it is wasted mainly due to the yearly releases and the focus of the products. AC focuses on what is mainstream, a fast-paced adventure filled with action, a few puzzles and a lot of handholding. This plus an open world, multiplayer and a sadish story make most AC games (oh, and a ton of historical characters and landmarks for the sake of "History!"). But why? Why make a huge open world if you're not going to take any real advantage of it? Why add historical locations or buildings if you won't use them for more than a mission, if that? Why add a ton of historical figures if you're not going to develop their characters nearly as much as they deserve, if most of them wil only serve to take up space?

The power of AC does not lay here and it can't be unleashed with a fast-paced action adventure in an empty and dead open world.
The MAIN power of AC is PEOPLE:
- social stealth;
- gossips, conspiracies to be investigated;
- diferent cultures, cults, etc;
- random events.

A smaller open world that feels like a real place, with a history and a society that interacts with the player. Every npc has a "life", a routine, a joke, a secret, a mission, etc. Ac could allow us to explore different cultures during a certain time period. Show us how people lived back then in that place, their costumes and traditions, their beliefs and limitations. We would spy on people, enter their lives and see them from a different perspective, discover ties to dangerous cults, uncover conspiracies that lead to historicaly accurate events. That is a true open world, where every npc, every corner, window or aley offers an oppurtunity, a new mission, a reward, a piece of information, etc.

It baffles me when people don't realize the potencial of exploring the interior of buildings. All those historical landmarks, all the stories that can be written down in a paper inside a house, or hidden in the basement. Being able to assassinate targets inside their houses, inside a church or a cathedral. Breaking into houses or well garded locations, all seamlessly, etc. I just don't see how anyone could pass this up. Instead of making huge empty worlds, Ubisoft could make one big city, where we can explore the interior of every house, where every npc has a daily routine, where the simple act of eavesdropping on people, of spying on them leads to so something bigger.

Instead of making Assassin's Creed games that lose the spark once the story is over or once the player has finished most side missions and is left wating for the next AC to come out, they could make a superior open world game with endless replay value, that provides insight and a real Assassin experience that could hold up for 2,3 or 4 years until the next game is out.
Probably one of the rare times I agree and like a post of yours. Especially with the underlined.

AssassinHMS
03-12-2014, 01:25 AM
So I take it you won't be buying AC5? That's your choice man, I'm sure plenty of people feel the same. I too would rather a longer release schedule, and I think the amount of people who work on these games does them no favors, it's kinda ridiculous actually the amount of bodies working on one game. A smaller team would probably be able to make a more focused AC experience, instead of these blockbuster-esque games that try to do too much.

I will buy it if I think the game is close to what I want, I just doubt that they will make such a game. It doesn't have to be perfect, I would settle for an AC that has strong and balanced core mechanics, more customization options, open-ended missions and random events.

I agree with you, too many minds working toghether leads to eminent desynchronization. Sometimes it's better to keep things simple.

frodrigues55
03-12-2014, 01:47 AM
Yeah, I remember being totally psyched about Revelations having those random events the developers talked about like if you pass by somewhere someone might rob another person and you have the chance to get the money back or similar things.

In the end I was disappointed because all that stuff they talked about was not in. There were just 1 or 2 random fistfights and a killer once in a while.

At least it was something thrilling. All I got was some random dude asking me to move some crates. :(

AssassinHMS
03-12-2014, 02:00 AM
Probably one of the rare times I agree and like a post of yours. Especially with the underlined.

Well, I suppose it had to happen eventually :)

frodrigues55
03-12-2014, 02:13 AM
It baffles me when people don't realize the potencial of exploring the interior of buildings. All those historical landmarks, all the stories that can be written down in a paper inside a house, or hidden in the basement. Being able to assassinate targets inside their houses, inside a church or a cathedral. Breaking into houses or well garded locations, all seamlessly, etc. I just don't see how anyone could pass this up.

Agreed with every single line here.

They put some much focus on cities that everything has to be grand, otherwise it won't meet people's expectations of seeing big cities simulating every day life.

It has become one of the must-haves on AC, but to me, the few missions the series had inside closed spaces are serious standouts. None of them worked exactly like this, but Brotherhood comes to mind as the closest of achieving that IMO. Even patio-palaces are a taste of how things could really go to the next step if they worked on assassinatios inside landmarks or people's homes.

AssassinHMS
03-12-2014, 02:49 AM

They put some much focus on cities that everything has to be grand, otherwise it won't meet people's expectations of seeing big cities simulating every day life.

It has become one of the must-haves on AC, but to me, the few missions the series had inside closed spaces are serious standouts. None of them worked exactly like this, but Brotherhood comes to mind as the closest of achieving that IMO. Even patio-palaces are a taste of how things could really go to the next step if they worked on assassinatios inside landmarks or people's homes.

I still remember when AC3's devs "proudly" announced that the Frontier alone was 3 times the size of Rome in ACB.

On another note, I'm always amazed with AC's multiplayer. It's half perfect. If only multiplayer was fused with single-player...
In ACB, while Rome had a strange lighting and everything looked old, greenish and overall bad, multiplayer made everything look perfect. From the lighting to the actual design, everything looked better.
And the ideas there... The outfits, the different weapons and the actual gameplay also seemed superior to the single-player.

Anyway, I really hope Ubisoft reconsiders the feature of building exploration despite the negative response in some of the inquiries. I know that the interior of a house isn't the best place to use social stealth but it could make Assassination Missions much better and add a lot to the exploration and immersion.

Fatal-Feit
03-12-2014, 03:02 AM

Agreed. Although the pyramid in TToKW was also pretty intriguing, IMO.

Rugterwyper32
03-12-2014, 03:48 AM
My take on more interiors is this: Certainly, I'd like to see all the interiors for bigger name areas used, as for houses I'd be fine with a few here and there related to potential missions. That sounds pretty good, admittedly. Churches and public buildings being accessible is something that should happen for sure though.
As for the size of things... AC1 size sounds good: A smaller homebase area, 3 cities (maybe could be lowered to 2 but lively ones) and an area linking them, displaying the natural beauty of the location plus a look at a more rural lifestyle for the time. If they're all made into one seamless map, I'd say even better. I still stand that limiting to just one city would be detrimental as that would be missing opportunities in many situations ripe for conflict and interesting storylines, and frankly I think taking advantage of the natural beauty of a location would work perfectly, plus it'd be a great opportunity for other kinds of stealth (though I believe cities should indeed be priority). The Kingdom was one of those things in AC1 I found myself revisiting even though it was a dead wasteland for the most part, as I enjoyed seeing the potential they had there. One good seamless map that goes between two cities that have a nice balance of sprawling and manageable, a hideout that gets the job done well enough and a beautiful area connecting them with smaller towns/villages with their own landmarks would do it for me, really.

frodrigues55
03-12-2014, 12:31 PM
Agreed. Although the pyramid in TToKW was also pretty intriguing, IMO.

Oh yeah, good call. That was the only part of the DLC that I actually enjoyed - and I did enjoy it a lot. I was actually surprised, because I was dead bored after putting myself through the chore that Tyranny was for me.

But this part is particular was so well done, it's one of the reasons that I'm hoping they explore more interiors. They could do wonders with real places.

subject90
03-12-2014, 02:41 PM
Here's what I'd like to see from AC5

Game Play
> improve the hand to and (Sword to sword) combat
> More Building interior Stealth missions
> a new method of Assassination? i.e rope dart, double assassination, poison blade Ect)
> more Customizing and upgrades (i had bought the top Sword set 5 hours into AC4)
> eagle Vision revealing secrets of the past
> under cover templar missions (perhaps a double agent)
> a more complex roof top free running experience (similar to AC2)
> the return of Horses / Horse top combat
> Limit Guns to no more than one Six shooter revolver ! (i like using them in close combat when i am overwhelmed with attackers)

Storyline
> more present day stuff, (hated AC4 loved AC3)
> Kill High ranking Templars !! and make it harder to do so.
> Question the Creed? a Traitor? a Double agent?
> Lead the Creed ! Like Ezio
> find and use more pieces of Eden
> Two assassins ?
> a Female Assassin ? bit of eye candy for the boys
> a seductive female assassin could lure men down dark alleys.........

Also to add
if the setting is Victorian London - nobody carried guns! perhaps Derringer style concealable guns and occasionally big time gangsters used Revolvers but not rifles unless it was the military - which you didn't see a lot of due to the police force. explosives where very popular!

same goes for swords, unless they were concealed in canes. Cheese wire for strangling, knifes and Batons / shillelaghs where the weapons of choice. however i think the assassins may have had some pretty ingenious concealed weapons to play with.

subject90
03-12-2014, 03:01 PM
Building on that how this ?

So Jack the Ripper killed Prostitutes. Some believe he was a man of power and wealth that killed them to cover his seedy pleasures and enjoyed it too.
some even speculate he may have been a member of the Royal Family (surely templars)...

What if our assassin was a "Prostitute" undercover that sort of did the opposite, used her feminine powers over the wealthy Templars to kill them, and Jack the Ripper was a Templar counterpart picking off suspected assassin ladies of the night?

this allows fora sideline story based on
A) Revenge for her fallen sisters.
B) A Dark and sinister Plot hunting the Ripper,
C) Detective work
D) an elusive and skilled enemy

well i like it

oliacr
03-12-2014, 03:06 PM

Game Play
> a new method of Assassination? i.e rope dart, double assassination, poison blade Ect)
> more Customizing and upgrades (i had bought the top Sword set 5 hours into AC4)
> Limit Guns to no more than one Six shooter revolver ! (i like using them in close combat when i am overwhelmed with attackers)

Storyline
> Two assassins ?

Also to add
if the setting is Victorian London - nobody carried guns! perhaps Derringer style concealable guns and occasionally big time gangsters used Revolvers but not rifles unless it was the military - which you didn't see a lot of due to the police force. explosives where very popular!

same goes for swords, unless they were concealed in canes. Cheese wire for strangling, knifes and Batons / shillelaghs where the weapons of choice. however i think the assassins may have had some pretty ingenious concealed weapons to play with.
Most of them has been already told. But I can agree with the bold, italics, and I don't agree with the underlined. I'd like to see the return of the tombs like AC2 for armor of Altair, Brotherhood the lairs of Romulus, and the very one in Revelations the Hagia Sophia for armor of Ishak Pasha.

Iceternal6
03-12-2014, 03:36 PM
New exclusive info from the french website where Yoyonoa works.

Si les informations officielles concernant Assassin's Creed 5 ne devraient tarder... des langues commencent à se délier. Une de nos sources nous a ainsi précisé de nombreux points.

MAJ :Nouvelle info, le second trailer du jeu devrait présenter la vie de l'assassin en parallèle à la vie d'un bourreau de leur enfance à l'âge adulte.

C'est désormais acquis, nous pouvons vous le confirmer : Paris et la Révolution Française seront donc définitivement au coeur de ce nouveau volet. D'après nos informations complémentaires, un autre lieu/époque reste cependant envisageable avec des allers-retours entre les deux.

Confirmation au passage que le héros s'appellerait bien Arnaud... mais visiblement orthographié "Arno". Intéressant de savoir qu'étymologiquement, ce prénom d'origine germanique renvoie à l'aigle puisque issu de arn "Aigle" et waldan "gouverner". Tout comme Altair, Ezio et Haytham...

Il se pourrait que l'un de ses nouveaux équipements soit des gants métalliques.

Dans les premiers visuels, la cathédrale de Notre-Dame revient avec insistance. Il y a d'ailleurs de fortes chances que l'emblématique monument parisien puisse figurer sur la jaquette finale. On imagine d'ailleurs aisément que ses tours et gargouilles offriront un terrain de jeu idéal à un assassin en mal de grimpette et de saut de la foi.

Autre point intéressant, des missions co-op seront bien présentes, tandis que le jeu serait bien réservé à la génération PS4 et Xbox One. Il est en tout cas présenté de la sorte pour le moment.

Dieu sait combien cette période historique aura vu les têtes tomber... eh bien cela tombe bien, car l'une des tag line de cet Assassin's Creed 5 serait actuellement :

"La liberté s'écrit dans le sang."

Toujours d'après nos informations, le futur trailer pourrait d'ailleurs présenter un Paris submergé par une vague de sang. Ambiance.

S'il faudra bien sûr attendre des informations officielles pour valider l'ensemble de ces points, ces dernières ne devraient pas trop tarder.

En attendant, pour en savoir plus, je ne saurai trop vous conseiller la lecture de notre captivant dossier sur les éléments que nous attendons sur le prochain volet de la série...

Sorry I don"t have time to translate it right now. Will do if anyone's interested.

oliacr
03-12-2014, 03:47 PM
New exclusive info from the french website where Yoyonoa works.

Si les informations officielles concernant Assassin's Creed 5 ne devraient tarder... des langues commencent à se délier. Une de nos sources nous a ainsi précisé de nombreux points.

MAJ :Nouvelle info, le second trailer du jeu devrait présenter la vie de l'assassin en parallèle à la vie d'un bourreau de leur enfance à l'âge adulte.

C'est désormais acquis, nous pouvons vous le confirmer : Paris et la Révolution Française seront donc définitivement au coeur de ce nouveau volet. D'après nos informations complémentaires, un autre lieu/époque reste cependant envisageable avec des allers-retours entre les deux.

Confirmation au passage que le héros s'appellerait bien Arnaud... mais visiblement orthographié "Arno". Intéressant de savoir qu'étymologiquement, ce prénom d'origine germanique renvoie à l'aigle puisque issu de arn "Aigle" et waldan "gouverner". Tout comme Altair, Ezio et Haytham...

Il se pourrait que l'un de ses nouveaux équipements soit des gants métalliques.

Dans les premiers visuels, la cathédrale de Notre-Dame revient avec insistance. Il y a d'ailleurs de fortes chances que l'emblématique monument parisien puisse figurer sur la jaquette finale. On imagine d'ailleurs aisément que ses tours et gargouilles offriront un terrain de jeu idéal à un assassin en mal de grimpette et de saut de la foi.

Autre point intéressant, des missions co-op seront bien présentes, tandis que le jeu serait bien réservé à la génération PS4 et Xbox One. Il est en tout cas présenté de la sorte pour le moment.

Dieu sait combien cette période historique aura vu les têtes tomber... eh bien cela tombe bien, car l'une des tag line de cet Assassin's Creed 5 serait actuellement :

"La liberté s'écrit dans le sang."

Toujours d'après nos informations, le futur trailer pourrait d'ailleurs présenter un Paris submergé par une vague de sang. Ambiance.

S'il faudra bien sûr attendre des informations officielles pour valider l'ensemble de ces points, ces dernières ne devraient pas trop tarder.

En attendant, pour en savoir plus, je ne saurai trop vous conseiller la lecture de notre captivant dossier sur les éléments que nous attendons sur le prochain volet de la série...

Sorry I don"t have time to translate it right now. Will do if anyone's interested.

I'm interested, but I know we will know nothing after this.

Reptilis91
03-12-2014, 03:51 PM
It is a major french website : http://www.gameblog.fr/news/41758-assassin-s-creed-5-nom-du-heros-epoque-equipement-nos-inform

TRADUCTION :

« If official information about Assassin's Creed 5 shouldn't be much longer... gradually tongues are loosened. One of our sources has specified us many points.

Update: New information! the second trailer of the game should present the life of the Assassin in parallel with the life of an executioner, from their childhood to adulthood.

It is now accepted, we can confirm: Paris and the French Revolution will therefore definitely be at the heart of this new game. And according to our additional information, another place/time remains possible with back and forth.

Confirmation that the hero's name is Arnaud... But apparently spelled "Arno". Etymologically interesting to know, that name has a Germanic origin and refers to the eagle, As well as Altair, Ezio and Haytham ... "arn" ="eagle" and "waldan" = "govern".

One of his equipment may be metal gloves.

In the first visuals, Notre-Dame de Paris is emphasized. Also, it's quite likely that the iconic Parisian monument appears on the game cover. Moreover, we can easely imagine that its towers and its gargoyles will offer a perfect playground for Assassins who are dying to climb and to do the leap of faith.

Another interesting point, there will be co-op missions and the game will be reserved for the new generation: PS4 and Xbox One. (it's the plan for the moment)

God knows how many heads rolled during that historical period...well this is perfect, because one of the tag lines of Assassin's Creed 5 may be "Liberty is written in blood." Always according to our information, the future trailer could also present Paris swamped by a wave of blood. Atmosphere!

Obviously we have to wait for official information to validate all these points, but it shouldn't take too long. »

(sorry for potential mistakes, i did it quickly)

oliacr
03-12-2014, 04:16 PM
Not interested anymore. If it is true .... But it can be a false leak again.

Radman500
03-12-2014, 04:30 PM
It is major french site!

TRADUCTION :

« If official information about Assassin's Creed 5 shouldn't be much longer... gradually tongues are loosened. One of our sources has specified us many points.

Update: New information! the second trailer of the game should present the life of the Assassin in parallel with the life of an executioner, from their childhood to adulthood.

It is now accepted, we can confirm: Paris and the French Revolution will therefore definitely be at the heart of this new game. And according to our additional information, another place/time remains possible with back and forth.

Confirmation that the hero's name is Arnaud... But apparently spelled "Arno". Etymologically interesting to know, that name has a Germanic origin and refers to the eagle, As well as Altair, Ezio and Haytham ... "arn" ="eagle" and "waldan" = "govern".

In the first visuals, Notre-Dame de Paris is emphasized. Also, it's quite likely that the iconic Parisian monument appears on the game cover. Moreover, we can easely imagine that its towers and its gargoyles will offer a perfect playground for Assassins who are dying to climb and to do the leap of faith.

Another interesting point, there will be co-op missions and the game will be reserved for the new generation: PS4 and Xbox One. (it's the plan for the moment)

God knows how many heads rolled during that historical period...well this is perfect, because one of the tag lines of Assassin's Creed 5 may be "History is written in blood." Always according to our information, the future trailer could also present Paris swamped by a wave of blood. Atmosphere!

Obviously we have to wait for official information to validate all these points, but it shouldn't take too long. »

interesting but there is conflicting reports

its either Victorian Era London and Paris

or French Revolution era

those two are in completely different eras

Sushiglutton
03-12-2014, 04:40 PM
Hmm that actually does sound fairly believable to me. I'm all for Paris and if that's where we are going Notre Dame is a given. Iron gloves huh. Didn't Ezio have something like that in AC2? Oh well I don't really care as long as the combat system becomes a lot more satisfying!

Radman500
03-12-2014, 04:43 PM
can someone link the website

Dome500
03-12-2014, 04:44 PM
Anyway, I really hope Ubisoft reconsiders the feature of building exploration despite the negative response in some of the inquiries. I know that the interior of a house isn't the best place to use social stealth but it could make Assassination Missions much better and add a lot to the exploration and immersion.

Yeah I LOVED the opera house, wouldn't it have been for the scripted nature of the level it would be one of my favorites. Atmosphere, some climbing and all were perfect. Add a little bit social stealth, less scripted stuff (you can choose you own path and approach) and such level interiors are awesome.

They should of course be in big locations, not something small. But think about twice the size of the opera house, think about Hitman size and sandboxyness, such interiors would make for a nice addition in the franchise.

AssassinHMS
03-12-2014, 04:45 PM

Game Play

Storyline
> Two assassins ?

Also to add

I agree with some of your ideas. I too would want to pick up or buy ingredients, mix them and create powerful poisons with different effects that I could latter apply on the hidden blade. It would add a more tactical approach to missions and go along nicely with investigations. Say, if I overheard a conversation and found out it was the target’s birthday and that the family was going to make a cake (goofy mission, I know), I could make a special poison, apply it on the cake while it is still in the kitchen, sit back, relax and watch the lovely scene.

I feel like there is a lack of tactical Assassin tools, I mean there are plenty of them, just not enough imagination concerning their use.

I was also thinking just how much I dislike detailed maps. Seriously, wouldn’t it be better if the player had to investigate in order to learn more about the place where he has to infiltrate? I mean, if the player already knows the target’s location but does not investigate further he can still go to said location and try to assassinate him/her but he won’t have the help of a highly detailed map telling him the location of most shortcuts, secrets, etc. However, the player can investigate further in order to discover some of the many infiltration routes, places to avoid, rooms with special loot or items (like a letter that may provide some insight into the target’s mind). By doing this, the Assassin will automatically draw a map. This hand drawn map, although not very detailed, would provide enough information for the player to be able to choose the quickest and safest path to the target and to get some tips on how to easily assassinate the target (like the map shows the location of the cake that can be poisoned, or of a chandelier that can be used as a deadly trap, etc.
The map could be something like the ones seen in the original Thief games.

On the other hand, there are some things I did not like in your post, subject90. I don’t mean anything by it but I just feel the need to point what “bugged” me:

a Female Assassin ? bit of eye candy for the boys, ok so this is one of the reasons why I do not like the whole “let’s have more female Assassins” thing. I bet many of the male gamers who call others of sexist and other stuff, want female leads for this exact reason, because deep down they are 10 year old. Not that there’s anything wrong with attraction but, knowing what I know, well…let’s just say that I’m tired of female characters who have to be “hot”.
I’ve played Skyrim (ok game for me at best, quantity over quality all the way) and I eventually felt the need to improve the game with the many available mods. And that’s when I had my first contact with the game’s community. Although there are some very skilled people there, most are perverts or really messed-up people. And Skyrim (the game itself and the community) is, apparently, all pro-women. In fact, with or without mods, it’s a lot better to play as a female character. The animations, the items, the designs, the amount of glitches, everything seems so much better than what the male character gets. Although I like to play “me” in that type of games, I ended up creating a female character because I was tired of the limitations male characters suffered from. Of course that, if I wanted to play as a bulky, stiff male warrior, Skyrim would have everything I need. However I wanted to play as a more elegant male character, which suited my favorite class, the thief. Problem is, if you play as a female, you have everything at your disposal as the mod community is focused almost exclusively on women, if you play as a male however, unless you want to play as the Hulk-like warrior or you only care about completing every quest and finish the game, chances are you will end up disappointed. Needless to say that, for every good mod, there are like 20 “boob mods”.
And after all the sexism there (“it is wrong to kill women so I made this mod, named “chivalry” or something, that replaces all enemies that happen to be women with men, because God says killing men is fine”, regardless that they’re not even real) and due to the lack of mods that enhanced my experience, I suddenly became sick of playing Skyrim (especially with a female character).

That’s why I hope that, if Ubisoft stars another female Assassin, they make her relatively ugly (like a female version of Desmond). Then I will see if most of the gamers who claim to be so truly open minded really are.

Reptilis91
03-12-2014, 04:53 PM
can someone link the website

Added. :)

subject90
03-12-2014, 05:09 PM
AssassinHMS

please see my post after the one you replied to .

my reasons for wanting a female assassin are as follows

> we have had 6 Male leading characters, and one female, (sausage fest)
> a female assassin can use her looks to lure male targets to their doom , (just a new way of assassinating)
> a female assassin would be slighter in build allowing for a more speed, stealth and agile style of combat and free running,
these attributes would serve an assassin well in Victorian London and would bring a fresh new style to the games.
> a Female assassin could have a great story.

i do not know about Skyrim as i have not played it but i am not aware of any AC games that allow you to modify the body parts of assassins , nor do they allow you to strip clothes away (unless you're harpooning or diving) so Ubi would be able to make her look as Provocative or indeed "Ugly" as they like,

female assassins haven't been given the credit they deserve and i think one should have centre stage on the big consoles even if its for just the one game.

everything is permitted after all.

Radman500
03-12-2014, 05:15 PM
AssassinHMS

> a female assassin can use her looks to lure male targets to their doom , (just a new way of assassinating)
> a female assassin would be slighter in build allowing for a more speed, stealth and agile style of combat and free running,
these attributes would serve an assassin well in Victorian London and would bring a fresh new style to the games.

i do not know about Skyrim as i have not played it but i am not aware of any AC games that allow you to modify the body parts of assassins , nor do they allow you to strip clothes away (unless you're harpooning or diving) so Ubi would be able to make her look as Provocative or indeed "Ugly" as they like,

female assassins haven't been given the credit they deserve and i think one should have centre stage on the big consoles even if its for just the one game.

interesting

AssassinHMS
03-12-2014, 05:37 PM
AssassinHMS

I am one of those gamers that likes realism. For example, in Skyrim I hated all the weird races (human cats…really? Or mammoths), although Skyrim also has a problem of believability and not just realism. Since Assassin’s Creed is supposed to depict reality plus some fiction (pieces of Eden, etc.) I would like it to show the world with all its problems and limitations instead of adding a pink coat and make it more “perfect” or “fair” (like such thing exists).
That being said, do you know the reason behind this “sausage fest”? Maybe because in reality it was a sausage fest. Actually, compared to reality, AC is probably a very balanced meal.
The Assassins existed but there are no records of female Assassins. In AC1, there are no female Assassins. That plus Altair’s reaction to Maria lead me to believe that Ubisoft actually intended to make Assassin’s Creed closer to reality.

However, Ubisoft still added female Assassins and now, they appear naturally among the Assassin ranks. This means, Ubisoft made an effort to include female Assassins despite History. I was also told about how the Assassins treated their women (I think they didn’t allow them in when they were discussing a mission) but I don’t remember much of that conversation at this moment.

Anyway, if I actually cared, I would be grateful that Ubisoft did that. I mean, not only they added female Assassins, they also stared one in a game. Besides, we will likely get more female Assassins in the near future. Right now I’m more concerned about the gameplay, about the actual game than about this (kind of “fake”) equality.

And why is it that women must always be associated with seduction, with sexual themes? Why not a female Assassin who relies only on Assassin skills?
As for the female build, I wouldn’t want to go there as it is mostly pointless and I could provide many counter-arguments as well.

breakdownthewall
03-12-2014, 06:07 PM
It is major french site : http://www.gameblog.fr/news/41758-assassin-s-creed-5-nom-du-heros-epoque-equipement-nos-inform

TRADUCTION :

God knows how many heads rolled during that historical period...well this is perfect, because one of the tag lines of Assassin's Creed 5 may be "Liberty is written in blood." Always according to our information, the future trailer could also present Paris swamped by a wave of blood. Atmosphere!

That bit is what interests me the most. Hope it's true.

STDlyMcStudpants
03-12-2014, 06:21 PM
I think Ubisoft forgot about AC....
What if they wait until E3 to announce it lollllllllllllllllllllllllll

STDlyMcStudpants
03-12-2014, 06:24 PM
I am one of those gamers that likes realism. For example, in Skyrim I hated all the weird races (human cats…really? Or mammoths), although Skyrim also has a problem of believability and not just realism.
I love how you mention Mammoths (a plausible animal that actualy existed and lived at the same time humans did hinting that Skyrim took place thousands of years ago) But dont say a word about DRAGONS lmfaoooo

oliacr
03-12-2014, 06:29 PM
I think Ubisoft forgot about AC....
What if they wait until E3 to announce it lollllllllllllllllllllllllll

Unlikely.

menumaxibestof
03-12-2014, 07:42 PM
It is major french site : http://www.gameblog.fr/news/41758-assassin-s-creed-5-nom-du-heros-epoque-equipement-nos-inform

TRADUCTION :

Be careful with Gameblog. It is one of the worst french video game site. They could post anything to gain some clicks...

oliacr
03-12-2014, 08:03 PM
Be careful with Gameblog. It is one of the worst french video game site. They could post anything to gain some clicks...

Yes. I was waiting for a post like this. There's still some hope :)

w3r3w0lv33
03-12-2014, 08:28 PM
Yes. I was waiting for a post like this. There's still some hope :)

What would be so bad about the French Revolution, considering that Ubisoft themselves are originally from FRANCE? Not only that, but the tremendous opportunity and excitement surrounding the French Revolution? All the action, all the historical figures (e.g. Napoleon), make the French Revolution a PRIME location for the AC series.

And that's not even mentioning the ending of AC: Brotherhood, where Shaun discovers that the symbols in the vault only appear in one place; The Declaration of the Rights Of Man. And where was that document created AND signed? France.

The Fr. Rev. was one of the most "exciting" times in world history.

Plus, the article says that it'd be coupled with another place or even time period! Can you imagine that? Two different time periods in one game? That could mean multiple protagonistsl which would lend some credibility on the rumor regarding co-op in the game.

It sounds like an AC game that I'd play immediately.

VoXngola
03-12-2014, 08:43 PM
What is your problem?

What would be so bad about the French Revolution, considering that Ubisof themselves are originally from FRANCE. Not only that, but the tremendous opportunity and excitement surround the French Revolution? All the action, all the historical figures (e.g. Napoleon), make the French Revolution a PRIME location for the AC series.

And that's not even mentioning the ending of AC: Brotherhood, where Shaun discovers that the symbols in the vault only appear in one place; The Declaration of the Rights Of Man. And where was that document created AND signed? France.

Just because you THINK that it might be boring or you don't like France, that doesn't mean that it would be bad for the series. If anything you should LEARN some history. The Fr. Rev. was one of the most "exciting" times in world history.

Plus, the article says that it'd be coupled with another place or even time period! Can you imagine that? Two different time periods in one game? That would mean different protagonists. Which would be a clue for some co-op in the game.

Stop being so biased. It sounds so childish to say, "There's still some hope", when you're regarding arguably the most impactful revolution of all time.

Wow, not to offend you, but you need to calm down. Where did he say that he doesn't want the French Revolution? Also, YOU need to accept other people's opinions and be an adult. It is you who is being childish here.

w3r3w0lv33
03-12-2014, 08:54 PM
Wow, not to offend you, but you need to calm down. Where did he say that he doesn't want the French Revolution? Also, YOU need to accept other people's opinions and be an adult. It is you who is being childish here.

No offense taken. It's been a rough day, and sorry for ranting.

But to be honest, the Fr. Rev. would be perfect for AC.

Mr_Shade
03-12-2014, 08:55 PM
Guys,

I suggest people calm down..

Peoples opinions of news and review sites - are just that - opinions, so if you disagree with them - rather than attacking the person - or - their opinion, try and discuss it..

Other wise, if you guys can't talk about these rumours without fighting - this thread will be closed..

w3r3w0lv33
03-12-2014, 08:59 PM
Guys,

I suggest people calm down..

Peoples opinions of news and review sites - are just that - opinions, so if you disagree with them - rather than attacking the person - or - their opinion, try and discuss it..

Other wise, if you guys can't talk about these rumours without fighting - this thread will be closed..

Like I said, my bad :/

Will_Lucky
03-12-2014, 09:06 PM
Going off the suspected Assassin with the Revolver I'm still guessing France but Napoleon III instead, not the revolution. The Revolution would be a good timepoint in French History to go for, but the 1850-1880 timepoint is just as good.

silvermercy
03-12-2014, 09:07 PM
Confirmation that the hero's name is Arnaud... But apparently spelled "Arno".
Arnaud Swarcheneggeraux??

w3r3w0lv33
03-12-2014, 09:08 PM
Going off the suspected Assassin with the Revolver I'm still guessing France but Napoleon III instead, not the revolution. The Revolution would be a good timepoint in French History to go for, but the 1850-1880 timepoint is just as good.

But then again; it DID say mutliple time periods. It'd be cool to witness the Fr. Rev. and then decades later. Remember, though, that all this is just purely rumors. Doesn't mean we can't get excited though!

Goxxi
03-12-2014, 09:11 PM
What is your problem?

Plus, the article says that it'd be coupled with another place

I think It's very possible that we get a new mini triology like with Ezio and center event of the 1st game of that new mini triology would be a French Revolution and then in next 2 sequels probably we would seen the rise of Napoleon and Napoleonic wars and saga would end with a fail of Napoleon or maybe even some further period.
Also even this article says that we will follow the path of Arnoud from the childhood untill the mature age (like what we did with Ezio) and that is a long period , much longer then just a period of revolution.

oliacr
03-12-2014, 09:13 PM
What is your problem?

What would be so bad about the French Revolution, considering that Ubisof themselves are originally from FRANCE. Not only that, but the tremendous opportunity and excitement surround the French Revolution? All the action, all the historical figures (e.g. Napoleon), make the French Revolution a PRIME location for the AC series.

Just because you THINK that it might be boring or you don't like France, that doesn't mean that it would be bad for the series. If anything you should LEARN some history. The Fr. Rev. was one of the most "exciting" times in world history.

Plus, the article says that it'd be coupled with another place or even time period! Can you imagine that? Two different time periods in one game? That would mean different protagonists. Which would be a clue for some co-op in the game.

Stop being so biased. It sounds so childish to say, "There's still some hope", when you're regarding arguably the most impactful revolution of all time.
Learn history? wow. nevermind. I knew everything and perhaps more than you about the French revolution, its just my opinion that I don't want to see an AC game again above 1700 AD it was enough to see those guns. I've heard many times, you don't need to use those.... I think a roman or gothic architecture is better to an ac game so as the middle-ages.

w3r3w0lv33
03-12-2014, 09:17 PM
I think It's very possible that we get a new mini triology like with Ezio and center event of the 1st game of that new mini triology would be a French Revolution and then in next 2 sequels probably we would seen the rise of Napoleon and Napoleonic wars and saga would end with a fail of Napoleon or maybe even some further period.
Also even this article says that we will follow the path of Arnoud from the childhood untill the mature age (like what we did with Ezio) and that is a long period , much longer then just a period of revolution.

Sadly, I'm not French so all I'm basing my opinion on is the rough translation provided a couple pages ago. Do you have a more elaborate translation?

Learn history? wow. nevermind. I knew everything and perhaps more than you about the French revolution, its just my opinion that I don't want to see an AC game again above 1700 AD it was enough to see those guns. I've heard many times, you don't need to use those.... I think a roman or gothic architecture is better to an ac game so as the middle-ages.

Again, I'm sorry that I lashed out like that. But I agree about the guns. Yet, I have no doubt that Ubisoft will make it work. I can't shake the feeling that they're really "rescoping" the franchise, just as they said. And again, it'd be fitting considering the ending of Brotherhood.

http://media-3.web.britannica.com/eb-media/98/90498-004-CEB880DC.jpg

Regarding the architecture, France at the time held a blend of medieval / Victorian English architecture. The only problem that I can see is the wide streets and open plazas, but other than that, it should be fine.

Reptilis91
03-12-2014, 09:21 PM
AC in France without the French Revolution would be a weird choice... According to AC background, this time period seems to be really important and particular. (not talking about real history, but it could also be an argument^^)

Goxxi
03-12-2014, 09:23 PM
Sadly, I'm not French so all I'm basing my opinion on is the rough translation provided a couple pages ago. Do you have a more elaborate translation?

Well I do have less then U do , I do not have any elaborate translation , why U think that I have It ?
My conclusions are also based on the leaks from few pages ago , I am just trying to connect some things logicaly.

Rugterwyper32
03-12-2014, 09:27 PM
Frankly, I don't really mind the idea of the French Revolution. I like it in fact. I'd much prefer if it was the 100 Years War instead, but hey, it's still fun. The most ideas I have regarding settings tend to be either the 16th or the 18th century anyway. Fun times.
Now, so long as it's not just Paris but they add other cities like, say, Marseille and La Rochelle I'll have no problems with it.

w3r3w0lv33
03-12-2014, 09:31 PM
Frankly, I don't really mind the idea of the French Revolution. I like it in fact. I'd much prefer if it was the 100 Years War instead, but hey, it's still fun. The most ideas I have regarding settings tend to be either the 16th or the 18th century anyway. Fun times.
Now, so long as it's not just Paris but they add other cities like, say, Marseille and La Rochelle I'll have no problems with it.

I wouldn't mind seeing a little of the Reign of Terror. That'd provide the perfect amount of intensity for assassinations.

Well I do have less then U do , I do not have any elaborate translation , why U think that I have It ?
My conclusions are also based on the leaks from few pages ago , I am just trying to connect some things logicaly.

Just assumed.

oliacr
03-12-2014, 09:36 PM
Again, I'm sorry that I lashed out like that. But I agree about the guns. Yet, I have no doubt that Ubisoft will make it work. I can't shake the feeling that they're really "rescoping" the franchise, just as they said. And again, it'd be fitting considering the ending of Brotherhood.

http://media-3.web.britannica.com/eb-media/98/90498-004-CEB880DC.jpg

Regarding the architecture, France at the time held a blend of medieval / Victorian English architecture. The only problem that I can see is the wide streets and open plazas, but other than that, it should be fine.

Nor have I. They can do it. Just they did the others. It was just my opinion nothing more.

Hundred Years' War. Another excellent choice if you want to see a setting in France besides the French Revolution.

menumaxibestof
03-12-2014, 09:42 PM

There's nothing to add, really. The translation is very accurate. :)

w3r3w0lv33
03-12-2014, 09:47 PM
There's nothing to add, really. The translation is very accurate. :)

Oh! Lol, sorry. I just thought that it was rushed. My bad :3

Nor have I. They can do it. Just they did the others. It was just my opinion nothing more.

I'm not sure though. It can just be my fan senses tingling, but I believe that Ubisoft is changing AC fundamentally. I mean, they're rumored to be focusing on new-gen and rescoping the AC franchise. I should lower my expectations before anything, but I'm very excited for some a new AC.

Will_Lucky
03-12-2014, 11:39 PM
But then again; it DID say mutliple time periods. It'd be cool to witness the Fr. Rev. and then decades later. Remember, though, that all this is just purely rumors. Doesn't mean we can't get excited though!

Oh indeed. It would be an ideal timepoint as well to have say an Assassin live through the French Revolution and Napoleons rise, and then have his grandson live through Napoleon III.

However like others, I'd also argue its a problem as it results in one or both assassins not being the given the room for growth as characters they should be given. The idea of a trilogy of titles, where a lineage of French Assassins lives through the Seven Years War? French Revolution and then Napoleon III would be a far better idea.

RagingDragon14
03-12-2014, 11:57 PM
Oh indeed. It would be an ideal timepoint as well to have say an Assassin live through the French Revolution and Napoleons rise, and then have his grandson live through Napoleon III.

However like others, I'd also argue its a problem as it results in one or both assassins not being the given the room for growth as characters they should be given. The idea of a trilogy of titles, where a lineage of French Assassins lives through the Seven Years War? French Revolution and then Napoleon III would be a far better idea.

This here is what I wanted AC3 to be. Albeit with the War of Spanish Succession, Seven Years War, and French Revolution instead.

Back on topic, perhaps the game will be set during the Revolutions of 1848, when a wave of revolutions swept across Europe, with rebellion breaking out in France, Italy, Prussia, and Austria almost simultaneously.

http://learning.londonmet.ac.uk/languages/med/med/spring.htm

Dome500
03-13-2014, 12:07 AM
The 30 years war would actually< be interesting since it happens at the same time as the English Civil War and the Glorious Revolution in England.

w3r3w0lv33
03-13-2014, 12:11 AM
Here's why I think the Fr. Rev is the best choice for now.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120413103706/assassinscreed/images/2/2b/Retrieval_15.png

(Spoilers) At the end of AC: Brotherhood, Shaun says that the symbols seen in the vault, the Phrygian cap and Masonic eye, "..come together in only one place..", being frozen. (Spoilers End)

Now, those two only come together in the Declaration of the Rights of Man and the Citizen, which was conjured up in the Fr. Rev.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6c/Declaration_of_the_Rights_of_Man_and_of_the_Citize n_in_1789.jpg

Dome500
03-13-2014, 12:13 AM
Here's why I think the Fr. Rev is the best choice for now.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120413103706/assassinscreed/images/2/2b/Retrieval_15.png

(Spoilers) At the end of AC: Brotherhood, Shaun says that the symbols seen in the vault, the Phrygian cap and Masonic eye, "..come together in only one place..", being frozen. (Spoilers End)

Now, those two only come together in the Declaration of the Rights of Man and the Citizen, which was conjured up in the Fr. Rev.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6c/Declaration_of_the_Rights_of_Man_and_of_the_Citize n_in_1789.jpg

Wasn't that kind of revealed to also be present in AC3 during the American Revolution?
I could be wrong though.

PS: Somehow the "eye" always looks bored to me.

RagingDragon14
03-13-2014, 12:15 AM
The 30 years war would actually< be interesting since it happens at the same time as the English Civil War and the Glorious Revolution in England.

I think you're off by about 40 years with the Glorious Revolution, since that happened in 1688, while the Thirty Years' War was from 1618 to 1648. The English Civil War does overlap, since it started in 1642 and ended in 1651. But to make a game about the Thirty Years War, you'd pretty much need to put all of central Europe in.

You bringing up the Wars of Religion in Europe, makes me want to see an Assassin's Creed game set in France during their Wars of Religion (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Wars_of_Religion). It lasted about 36 years so it fits the time frame for an AC game, and we could get the St. Bartholomew's Day massacre into the game as a historical event.

w3r3w0lv33
03-13-2014, 12:16 AM
Wasn't that kind of revealed to also be present in AC3 during the American Revolution?
I could be wrong though.

PS: Somehow the "eye" always looks bored to me.

I'm not really sure. But a game set in the Fr. Rev. would make so much sense for Ubisoft.

Ubisoft is based on France
Connor would be able to make a cameo
ACBH ending
One of the most popular revolutions of all time

I don't know, but I'm finding myself crossing my fingers for a Fr. Rev setting where I used to root for a Vic. England time period.

LoyalACFan
03-13-2014, 12:25 AM
To be honest, guys, I wouldn't put any stock in the Brotherhood "hint" at the French Revolution. This was the same game that had us convinced that Desmond had a son, recall? They could easily wave away the glyph thing as Shaun geeking out over nothing. Because frankly, I don't think the current direction of the franchise even resembles the direction they had in mind back in 2010.

Dome500
03-13-2014, 12:32 AM
Revolution in England.
I think you're off by about 40 years with the Glorious Revolution, since that happened in 1688, while the Thirty Years' War was from 1618 to 1648. The English Civil War does overlap, since it started in 1642 and ended in 1651. But to make a game about the Thirty Years War, you'd pretty much need to put all of central Europe in.

I know.

The Civil War and the 30 years war overlap.

I thought there could be a game about the late 20 years war reaching to the Glorious Revolution (during the English Civil War).
The settings would be 3 cities. London - Paris - ? (a German city? Or maybe a Spanish one?)

The game could even have a little bit sea battles if the developers find a European Sea-Conflict during that time.

Anyway, was just an idea, nothing solid.

Exactly. I also expect them to make a game about the Fr. Rev. one time, but if I am not wrong there was an interview a while ago with a developer of AC saying that France was a very DIFFICULT topic for them because they would have to make sure that everything is 100% right, because they are a french company after all.

Sometimes I get the feeling some people think AC is only about Revolutions.
No offense - that was only a thought. I am sure you do not believe that, it's just funny how a lot of people distinctively search for Revolutions to connect them to a possible AC location/time.

Anyway, that was just something I noticed.

Like I said, I expect them to make a French Revolution game as well one day.

I don't think the current direction of the franchise even resembles the direction they had in mind back in 2010.

Absolutely agreed.

AC became annual - when again? I think with ACB, right?

So they had AC1, AC2 and ACB still in normal development, then went annual for ACR, AC3 and AC4. Since ACR had a shorter development time and AC3 was DEFITIELY very early in production when ACB started production I think there is little chance that they thought as far ahead as AC5.

Since there are always 3 games in production at the same time (Game 1: 3 (last) Year Development, Game 2: 2 years development, Game 3: 1 (first) year development) they can only think 3 games ahead max, at least considering SOLID plans and not ideas.

dxsxhxcx
03-13-2014, 12:32 AM
I'm not really sure. But a game set in the Fr. Rev. would make so much sense for Ubisoft.

Connor would be able to make a cameo
ACBH ending

I don't know, but I'm finding myself crossing my fingers for a Fr. Rev setting where I used to root for a Vic. England time period.

as long as they don't put the Assassin as a central piece of every single event that happened during the revolution I'm fine with it, I would be even more happy if Connor appear in the game...

Dome500
03-13-2014, 12:42 AM
as long as they don't put the Assassin as a central piece of every single event that happened during the revolution I'm fine with it, I would be even more happy if Connor appear in the game...

Agreed.

The Assassins can be major influence for those events, but please don't let them be the "sole heroes" of those events.
They should always be on the border of the events, influencing them, or witnessing them, fighting their own fight while being involved in those events once in a while.
There needs to be a balance.

Only my opinion though.

w3r3w0lv33
03-13-2014, 01:32 AM
I'd be excited for anything at this point.

SixKeys
03-13-2014, 01:33 AM
I would be fine with a little nod to Connor, but no overt cameo. Let's not do the whole Revelations thing again. It's already annoying that they're trying to make every single little thing in the AC universe somehow connected. If they wanted to tie Connor into the French Revolution somehow, they could simply mention that he was the assassin mentor now, pulling the strings in the background, but having him be there on the streets of Paris in person, waving his tomahawk, sporting native American gear, would just look silly.

Dome500
03-13-2014, 02:44 AM
I would be fine with a little nod to Connor, but no overt cameo. Let's not do the whole Revelations thing again. It's already annoying that they're trying to make every single little thing in the AC universe somehow connected. If they wanted to tie Connor into the French Revolution somehow, they could simply mention that he was the assassin mentor now, pulling the strings in the background, but having him be there on the streets of Paris in person, waving his tomahawk, sporting native American gear, would just look silly.

Not neccesarily.

Despite the fact that Connor is my least favorite Assassin (no offense Connor fans) I think a little appearance a la "AC Liberation" wouldn't be bad if you know what I mean.
Connor also appeared in Liberation shortly.
Could do the same with French Revolution, letting him be involved in one of the missions and then the two of them (Connor and the new protagonist) part again (Connor heading back to America or our protagonist heading back to France depending on where said mission takes place).

That being said, if it plays not in the french revolution but in another period during Ezios time I wouldn't mind a visit of Il Mentore either.....

w3r3w0lv33
03-13-2014, 02:57 AM

First of all, I highly doubt that Connor would still have that Native American outfit. Plus, he'd be older and wiser.

I honestly think that it'd be pretty cool to team up with him for a mission or two for an Assassins v. Templars mission, not a Fr. Rev. mission.

MnemonicSyntax
03-13-2014, 06:46 AM
I am one of those gamers that likes realism. For example, in Skyrim I hated all the weird races (human cats…really? Or mammoths), although Skyrim also has a problem of believability and not just realism. Since Assassin’s Creed is supposed to depict reality plus some fiction (pieces of Eden, etc.) I would like it to show the world with all its problems and limitations instead of adding a pink coat and make it more “perfect” or “fair” (like such thing exists).
That being said, do you know the reason behind this “sausage fest”? Maybe because in reality it was a sausage fest. Actually, compared to reality, AC is probably a very balanced meal.

This post finally helps me understand you. Unfortunately, the "fiction" part you loathe in both games are the devs story. Their playground. Their mythos. You can't tell them their mythos needs to be changed. The Elder Scrolls has been around for 20 years and the fact that you don't appreciate the deep and rich lore from them makes your entire post superficial, and explains your past post history as well.

Not everything is going to be real. It's okay to let go and enjoy something highly implausible. You know, like leaps of faith. ;)

souNdwAve89
03-13-2014, 06:51 AM
First of all, I highly doubt that Connor would still have that Native American outfit. Plus, he'd be older and wiser.

I honestly think that it'd be pretty cool to team up with him for a mission or two for an Assassins v. Templars mission, not a Fr. Rev. mission.

This. Ezio had a different outfit each game. They could easily give Connor a new Assassin robe or have him wear his Captain Aquila outfit to blend in with the European citizens.

ACConspiracies
03-13-2014, 07:45 AM

I agree 100% I want it to go back too... but I really don't mind it being in France. .. I just want it to be in the 100 year war between France and England which was in the middle ages... and to be honest I think it would make more sense for them to do this... 1 because it has better architecture in England then England did in Victoria times and 2 because like kidd in ac4 who was a women pretending to be a man they could use Joan of arc... who has been shown for ages in the assassins creed games... but I am too sick of guns in assassins creed... The games lost that ancient and medieval feeling they once had...

Mr.GoodKall
03-14-2014, 04:48 PM
Whats ASSASSINS CREED? Is it a game? is it good?

oliacr
03-14-2014, 05:38 PM
Whats ASSASSINS CREED? Is it a game? is it good?

Yes it is.

rprkjj
03-14-2014, 07:19 PM
Here's a theory, unlikely as it is: What if the Sam Fey press release was true, but it was postponed by Arkham Knight's announcement? With the picture of the protagonist appearing Victorian, and the press release saying so, also Ubisoft oddly stating that they were sorryly staying quiet about a game, it makes a bit of sense. I just find it strange there really hasn't been much said, even an official announcement from Ubisoft, which usually happens this time of year.

Dome500
03-14-2014, 07:24 PM
Yes it is.

Meh.

...... I'm just kidding guys ;) :D

LoyalACFan
03-14-2014, 07:25 PM
Here's a theory, unlikely as it is: What if the Sam Fey press release was true, but it was postponed by Arkham Knight's announcement? With the picture of the protagonist appearing Victorian, and the press release saying so, also Ubisoft oddly stating that they were sorryly staying quiet about a game, it makes a bit of sense. I just find it strange there really hasn't been much said, even an official announcement from Ubisoft, which usually happens this time of year.

No way did Arkham Knight bump the press release. I guess there's a .00001% chance that the Sam Fey thing was real and the date was fake, but these things aren't just thrown out there. There's always a lot of forethought put into the announcement strategy, and there's no way in hell that Batman caused them to change their minds on the day of.

rprkjj
03-14-2014, 07:37 PM
No way did Arkham Knight bump the press release. I guess there's a .00001% chance that the Sam Fey thing was real and the date was fake, but these things aren't just thrown out there. There's always a lot of forethought put into the announcement strategy, and there's no way in hell that Batman caused them to change their minds on the day of.

I've honestly never seen 2 AAA games released on the same day (correct me if I'm wrong), and announcing the Jackdaw addition a few days later seems more like a complimentary surprise after a game announcement than anything, or maybe appeasement, although I see what you're saying. As I said, unlikely.

Sushiglutton
03-14-2014, 07:46 PM
Last year AC4 was announced before even all DLC for AC3 was out. Perhaps they wanted there to be a bit more space this time. Since people talk about franchise fatigue it makes sense to have a couple of months with no AC at all. I guess the marketing campaign is a bit cheaper the shorter it is and the devs can fcous on building the game for a bit longer. I dunno, just speculating here. I would be very suprised if it wasn't announced at least a month before E3 though.

rprkjj
03-14-2014, 08:02 PM
The thing that seemed unusual to me about AC4 was how much gameplay they showed before it released, compared to other titles. I think I would prefer a little less, especially the trailers that showed us nothing we hadn't already seen (Under the BlackFlag, Horizon). I agree though, before E3 would be best. Although, since AC3, they've given us a cinematic trailer upon announcement and then one at E3, so perhaps only one this time around, which I don't mind. It's always cool to watch them again a while after release though.

Mr.GoodKall
03-15-2014, 01:18 AM
It will be announced after Watch Dogs release

Wolfmeister1010
03-15-2014, 01:26 AM
It will be announced yesterday, after fallout 4 comes out.

Wolfmeister1010
03-15-2014, 01:27 AM
Fallout 4 has been a closeted homosexual for years now, and it needs to come out

VoXngola
03-15-2014, 01:31 AM
I have a pretty dumb theory but oh well. If you ask me, on Sunday, the date that Initiates has hinted at, there will be some hints from the "official" side. Like ubi changing pictures on FB or whatever. Something like that. And then, on Monday, we'll have our official announcement!

If that doesn't happen, I'm done. I will just go to the bunker and wait until E3.

Wolfmeister1010
03-15-2014, 01:32 AM
I have a pretty dumb theory but oh well. If you ask me, on Sunday, the date that Initiates has hinted at, there will be some hints from the "official" side. Like ubi changing pictures on FB or whatever. Something like that. And then, on Monday, we'll have our official announcement!

If that doesn't happen, I'm done. I will just go to the bunker and wait until E3.

When have they "hinted" at sunday? Link?

LieutenantRex
03-15-2014, 01:38 AM
They shouldn't have a reveal until just before E3.

Mr.GoodKall
03-15-2014, 01:45 AM
Russia would be the worst AC ever!! Who the hell wants to be in Russia, what is there to do? eat borsch? My prediction, Egypt or China, I prefer Egypt.

VoXngola
03-15-2014, 01:47 AM
When have they "hinted" at sunday? Link?

I mean that puzzle thing on Initiates.

https://acinitiates.com/#!/database/surveillance/getting-closer

When you solve it, it says "THE ZOO BRIDGE FULL MOON". And the next full moon is on the 16th of March, this Sunday.

This could still be just something with Initiates' own storyline, as it looks like gavin and his team are going to meet up there. But still, it's something we can hope for.

Mr.GoodKall
03-15-2014, 01:48 AM
They shouldn't have a reveal until just before E3.

No it will be way sooner then that. They cant wait that long because they will only have a few months until the release. It will be soon, very soon, probably right after Watch Dogs.

Mr.GoodKall
03-15-2014, 01:49 AM
I mean that puzzle thing on Initiates.

https://acinitiates.com/#!/database/surveillance/getting-closer

When you solve it, it says "THE ZOO BRIDGE FULL MOON". And the next full moon is on the 16th of March, this Sunday.

This could still be just something with Initiates' own storyline, as it looks like gavin and his team are going to meet up there. But still, it's something we can hope for.

The Initiates is a multiplayer and always talk about what they have going on now. They don't have anything to do with the actual title announcements

VoXngola
03-15-2014, 01:51 AM
The Initiates is a multiplayer and always talk about what they have going on now. They don't have anything to do with the actual title announcements

Yeah, I know, I also said that.

Just don't destroy my hopes :mad:.

Mr.GoodKall
03-15-2014, 02:05 AM
Yeah, I know, I also said that.

Just don't destroy my hopes :mad:.

haha. I know im dying to hear something official already. I just want to see the assassin so bad, and I location. I mean come on, this is the longest they waited yet for any AC announcement. At least give us a location or time period. Is that so hard ubi? IS THAT SO GOD DAMN HARD UBISOFT? GIVE US A LOCATION NOW!!!.. I might go to the white house page and start a petition so ubi will have to give it up

ze_topazio
03-15-2014, 02:36 AM
Russia would be the worst AC ever!! Who the hell wants to be in Russia, what is there to do? eat borsch? My prediction, Egypt or China, I prefer Egypt.

The same things we did in the past games and will do in the future games.

I predict the game will be announced somewhere between today and December 31.

Mr.GoodKall
03-15-2014, 02:46 AM
The same things we did in the past games and will do in the future games.

I predict the game will be announced somewhere between today and December 31.

Well that will be boring. Same exact game year after year? that's how you kill a franchise. Fans want great new story lines, awesome new weapons and a awesome setting.

Wolfmeister1010
03-15-2014, 02:49 AM
Russia would be the worst AC ever!! Who the hell wants to be in Russia, what is there to do? eat borsch?

I-Like-Pie45
03-15-2014, 02:53 AM
Burgers N Borscht

Andorian
03-15-2014, 03:00 PM
Russia would be the worst AC ever!! Who the hell wants to be in Russia, what is there to do? eat borsch? My prediction, Egypt or China, I prefer Egypt.Don't say like that (btw borscht is a Ukranian dish). Every culture has its own interesting moments in history. But connecting AC with Russia... well maybe the most suitable story for full game is the continuation of AC The Fall with Orelov's son as the main character. But I hardly imagine how this game would look like, though there are a lot of historical buildings in Russian cities which an assassin can easily climb on and synchronize http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/biggrin.png. IMHO, if Russia should ever appear in AC game it should either show the time period of Orelov and/or his son or Russia of modern times (which is most likely to happen, due to posts on acinitiates website).

Just a wish to all: don't make predictions based on your wishes, be more objective please. Don't count it as an attempt to insult you. I just noted that lots of people make posts like "I think AC will take place in <country name> because I want it to be in <country name>".

BTW I'm not sure I want to see Russia in AC despite on the fact I'm from Russia :). Too many stereotypes can appear in such game and I'm not yet talking about voice accents which can be explained as an Animus imperfection xD

pirate1802
03-15-2014, 03:12 PM
I would very much like a Russian AC. My guess for AC5 still is on Victorian London.

AherasSTRG
03-15-2014, 03:19 PM
well maybe the most suitable story for full game is the continuation of AC The Fall with Orelov's son as the main character
I have seen this theory a lot and I consider it quite stupid for 2 reasons:
1. Darby has already said blah blah blah
2. [SPOILERS FOR AC: THE FALL and AC THE CHAIN] So, The Chain ends with Orelov and Innokenti in North America a little earlier than the middle 20th Century. With that said, it is pretty clear that Innokenti is... wtf was his name again?... Anyway, Innokenti is the orange-haired Templar's grandfather. So, his grandfather returns to the country that betrayed him and then returns back to the States all in 15 to 25 years' time. Seems legit.

ze_topazio
03-15-2014, 03:32 PM
People are too obsessed with Nikolai and his time period, Russia is much older than that.

Well that will be boring. Same exact game year after year? that's how you kill a franchise. Fans want great new story lines, awesome new weapons and a awesome setting.

I mean, climbing buildings, run on rooftops and the streets, hide among the crowds and stab people, every game you get a new storyline, independently of the setting, you always get new weapons, and if a setting is awesome or not depends of personal opinion, what is awesome to you might not be awesome to me and vice versa.

Andorian
03-15-2014, 03:32 PM
I have seen this theory a lot and I consider it quite stupid for 2 reasons:
1. Darby has already said blah blah blah
2. [SPOILERS FOR AC: THE FALL and AC THE CHAIN] So, The Chain ends with Orelov and Innokenti in North America a little earlier than the middle 20th Century. With that said, it is pretty clear that Innokenti is... wtf was his name again?... Anyway, Innokenti is the orange-haired Templar's grandfather. So, his grandfather returns to the country that betrayed him and then returns back to the States all in 15 to 25 years' time. Seems legit.
Indeed, legit, but I can't imagine any other period in Russian history which can suit AC and be on the similar level along with Italian Renaissance or Age of Pirates. Stalin period? Too grim, too boring. Rus' (Ancient Russia)? Well, nothing which can include the war between Assassins and Templars. Russian Empire? Maybe, plus the time period is close to the last game. Modern Russia? Hardly, only if it will be Moscow missions in "modern times", like in Montreal in AC4. So, Russian AC will be either boring or unauthentic, I think.

jayjay275
03-15-2014, 03:44 PM
And we're still waiting... this is quite depressing imo . :/

Andorian
03-15-2014, 03:56 PM
And we're still waiting... this is quite depressing imo . :/
Not good:

http://rghost.ru/private/53079220/c28f0acc924c3e72e0e63e8a1c5b4d3a/image.png

I-Like-Pie45
03-15-2014, 04:00 PM
I like to eat macaroni and cheese

Mr.GoodKall
03-15-2014, 04:17 PM
me, Cheesesteaks. The Real kinds, from Philly. Lets start a petition on the white house site so ubi will release the name of AC5 lol

Dome500
03-15-2014, 04:40 PM
Not good:

So basically nothing.

Oh well....... I think I'm loosing my interest. It will not happen anytime soon anyway.

jayjay275
03-15-2014, 04:44 PM
Not good:

Great. :(

oliacr
03-15-2014, 04:45 PM
Not good:

I can't believe....

ACfan443
03-15-2014, 04:53 PM
Not good:

I noticed that this page isn't verified, is the account official?

If so, then my guess is that they're going to announce at around the same time as Revelations.

oliacr
03-15-2014, 05:10 PM
I noticed that this page isn't verified, is the account official?

If so, then my guess is that they're going to announce at around the same time as Revelations.

Revelations? When did they announce Revelations? I can't remember, because they didn't make announcement trailer for Revelations like for AC3 and AC4 and I don't know which one was the first trailer, so I can't search it :D Please tell me :)

According to wikipedia: April 29 first infos, may 5 more details, and E3 2011 announcement / reveal.

lothario-da-be
03-15-2014, 05:38 PM
I hope the game will be released in December to make the time between announcement and release longer.
Pff the wait is killing me, why do they have to torture us like this?

ACfan443
03-15-2014, 05:57 PM
Revelations? When did they announce Revelations? I can't remember, because they didn't make announcement trailer for Revelations like for AC3 and AC4 and I don't know which one was the first trailer, so I can't search it :D Please tell me :)

According to wikipedia: April 29 first infos, may 5 more details, and E3 2011 announcement / reveal.

5th of May was the official announcement, so around a month before E3.
Seems a little too late now that I think about it.

Wolfmeister1010
03-15-2014, 06:24 PM
Uh..can someone explain what is going on? The post by Andorian no longer includes whatever link made you all sad lol.

I-Like-Pie45
03-15-2014, 06:35 PM
I don't know either to be honest

Say WM

what do russian people really like to eat

Ameriski6
03-15-2014, 06:36 PM
They announced Revelations and Brotherhood in early May. I can see them going for that date again.

ACfan443
03-15-2014, 06:58 PM
Uh..can someone explain what is going on? The post by Andorian no longer includes whatever link made you all sad lol.

The screencap disappeared temporarily for me as well, but seems to be back

Anyway, here's the direct link
https://www.facebook.com/UbisoftMontreal/posts/10153911108350398

In the comments, Ubi MTL said that they won't be sharing any information about the future of AC at GDC.

Wolfmeister1010
03-15-2014, 07:10 PM
Ah.

I have a feeling that we will get our first trailer(s) by the end of march. That was when ac3 and 4 got their first gameplay trailers.

rprkjj
03-15-2014, 07:12 PM
On Ubisoft Montreal's facebook it says at the top 5/27/2014. Not sure what this means, but like someone said, it's the same date they first talked about Revelations.

Edit: That's also when Watch Dogs is released, so not really sure what it means.

oliacr
03-15-2014, 07:15 PM
On Ubisoft Montreal's facebook it says at the top 5/27/2014. Not sure what this means, but like someone said, it's the same date they first talked about Revelations.

That is the release date of Watch Dogs.

Wolfmeister1010
03-15-2014, 07:23 PM

Edit: That's also when Watch Dogs is released, so not really sure what it means.

..it means that is when Watch Dogs releases lol. Nothing deeper than that.

Maki14000
03-15-2014, 07:26 PM
interesting...
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=606650016084426&set=a.357679014314862.82549.248115051937926&;type=1&theater

silvermercy
03-15-2014, 07:27 PM
This is torture!!

*jumps off ground floor window*

Wolfmeister1010
03-15-2014, 07:33 PM
This is torture!!

*jumps off ground floor window*

Ground floor window? Lol

Wolfmeister1010
03-15-2014, 07:38 PM
http://beta.southparkstudios.com/clips/209731/dont-jump-ike

I-Like-Pie45
03-15-2014, 07:41 PM
Silvermercy

you are overreacting

Do you want me to call an ambulance or psychiatrist?

rprkjj
03-15-2014, 07:54 PM
interesting...
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=606650016084426&set=a.357679014314862.82549.248115051937926&;type=1&theater

AC5 is a mobile game, confirmed.

ze_topazio
03-15-2014, 08:18 PM
^ No way, AC5 is a facebook game, a Ubisoft employee told me on a bus.

Wolfmeister1010
03-15-2014, 08:37 PM
No guys, AC5 is a boardgame. Jade reymond told me on a submarine.

STDlyMcStudpants
03-15-2014, 08:48 PM
ACV
http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1179/11799911/2437539-acarena.jpg

Radman500
03-15-2014, 10:06 PM
its possible that ubisoft could announce it, press release and everything tomororw, 16th as rumoured and just not have a panel on it at gdc, trailer being next week after its over or something

oliacr
03-15-2014, 10:31 PM
its possible that ubisoft could announce it, press release and everything tomororw, 16th as rumoured and just not have a panel on it at gdc, trailer being next week after its over or something

They said they wouldn't have a panel at gdc, it could be that they will announce it before gdc and that's why they won't have one, or they don't want to leak anything, so they are waiting for april/may.

STDlyMcStudpants
03-15-2014, 10:32 PM

Ive never heard of GDC...but from what ive gathered from google is
GDC is sn event designed to inform and educate game industry professionals on online multiplayer games, mobile and next generation game technologies

AKA not an E3 where you announce games...
Where developers speak about advancements in gaming technology and their potentials...
So I HIGHLY doubt AC V will be announced here

I could be wrong as again ive never heard of it..do they do game announcements here?

oliacr
03-15-2014, 10:36 PM
GDC is sn event designed to inform and educate game industry professionals on online multiplayer games, mobile and next generation game technologies

Where developers speak about advancements in gaming technology and their potentials...

I could be wrong as again ive never heard of it..do they do game announcements here?

I don't know, I've never heard of this either though. According to an image I saw earlier, they won't have any infos about ACV on gdc.

Dome500
03-15-2014, 10:57 PM

Yes.

It's the "Game Developers Conference" and it is held by developers for other developers to teach young developers about the important parts and interesting innovative ideas and methods in game development, as well as to exchange ideas and experiences between developers of different studios in order to enhance, enrich and improve the way games are developed.

Consus_E
03-15-2014, 11:07 PM
I was told by Ashraf Ismail on the Starship Enterprise that there will be no AC5 and they skipping ahead to AC6 which will be announced on March 4th 2015. In the mean time AC Initiates will act as the bridge between AC4-AC6.

poptartz20
03-16-2014, 08:25 AM
pretty sure they are going to make us wait it out on this game.

Leaks will come when they WANT them to happen. Oh well.. time to go back to sleep on this one.

Consus_E
03-16-2014, 08:35 AM
Well at least we still have Watch Dogs :p

LoyalACFan
03-16-2014, 08:53 AM
Well at least we still have Watch Dogs :p

Aye, I'm starting to think they're going wait it out until after W_D launches to announce it, so as not to distract hype from one of their own titles.

Then again, if they had announced AC5 early, most of the initial hype would have waned by the time Watch_Dogs came out. As it is, we have a lot of fans itching to get their AC fix and are more focused on speculating about the next AC instead of Watch_Dogs... Hmm... Perhaps if they just give us a reveal trailer that confirms the setting, we'll all be somewhat sated and more likely to get hyped about W_D again. Just sayin'.

Fatal-Feit
03-16-2014, 08:57 AM
http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1179/11799911/2437539-acarena.jpg

I literally can't wait to get this. AC:R was the perfect setting to base the board game on.

STDlyMcStudpants
03-16-2014, 09:01 AM
Aye, I'm starting to think they're going wait it out until after W_D launches to announce it, so as not to distract hype from one of their own titles.

Then again, if they had announced AC5 early, most of the initial hype would have waned by the time Watch_Dogs came out. As it is, we have a lot of fans itching to get their AC fix and are more focused on speculating about the next AC instead of Watch_Dogs... Hmm... Perhaps if they just give us a reveal trailer that confirms the setting, we'll all be somewhat sated and more likely to get hyped about W_D again. Just sayin'.

Im actually in the i dont care stage right now....
Its like Facebook on your birthday and youre waiting for your crush that you casually talk to, to write on your wall and its 11:59 pm...
Time to move on lmfao
If it happens it happens...Im not itching like i was for the past 2 weeks...monday was my 11:59 pm...Ubisoft never wrote 'Connor Sequel' on my wall
Whatever..ubisoft isnt that hot aanyway

poptartz20
03-16-2014, 09:35 AM

I mean Naughty Dog did the same thing as to not take away hype and attention away from The Last of Us. The new Uncharted... (whenever that comes out) has been in development for years and they could have announced it last year but chose not to.

I'm personally okay with waiting this one out. I actually feel like I had time to really enjoy and playout AC4 without wondering OMG. NEXT AC COME OUT NAO.

Mr.GoodKall
03-16-2014, 03:23 PM
that's what ive been saying for a while. They wont announce anything in the next two weeks because they have Watch Dogs on the 27th. So itll be after that but deff before E3.

- But a question, does anyone know if this 2 AC titles thing is legit or not? or also just a rumor? I really want a next gen AC

dex3108
03-16-2014, 03:38 PM
Announcing ACV in next 2 weeks would not hurt Watch_Dogs marketing at all. They announce it, go dark until E3 and between that they push Watch_Dogs marketing really hard. But they have business plan/marketing plan that were made by people who are went to school for that, so we will get announcement when they feel it is right time :D

jayjay275
03-16-2014, 03:39 PM
The wait is long.

Mr.GoodKall
03-16-2014, 03:43 PM
Announcing ACV in next 2 weeks would not hurt Watch_Dogs marketing at all. They announce it, go dark until E3 and between that they push Watch_Dogs marketing really hard. But they have business plan/marketing plan that were made by people who are went to school for that, so we will get announcement when they feel it is right time :D

It would absolutely hurt Ubi. The fans will start talking about AC 5's setting, and what it could be like, what it will have, and it will get the hype from watch dogs.
Maybe for you it wont change, but for other fans, that's all they will start talking about.
ive been in a marketing business for 6 years

jayjay275
03-16-2014, 03:49 PM
It would absolutely hurt Ubi. The fans will start talking about AC 5's setting, and what it could be like, what it will have, and it will get the hype from watch dogs.
Maybe for you it wont change, but for other fans, that's all they will start talking about.
ive been in a marketing business for 6 years

Pretty true. I recall on the Uncharted 3 announcement, where discussion went on for weeks.

Dome500
03-16-2014, 03:56 PM
It would hurt no one.

Seriously, people who are interested in WD will buy it no matter what. People who are interested in AC will talk about it no matter what.

NEW audiences will talk about whatever they find most interesting (and since there are already 6 AC games they can expect a new one), and new audiences will also mostly talk about the game that is more present in the media. In that case WD if the push the marketing campaign. Add the fact that WD will come out in Spring, while AC5 will only come out in Autumn and there is no hurting the other brand, especially since most people have enough money for both games anyway, and most people already made their mind about the Assassins Creed series. Also, a lot of AC fans I know are also interested in WD.

It's not all that problematic.

If it was another game - like the Division, Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six or Splinter Cell, yeah, then I would agree and say they should wait with the announcement. Those games are not big enough and they are not open world sp games, so it could hurt the games sales. But in terms of WD? Nope. Scenarios are very different, both are vast open world games with an own theme, and both releases are far enough away from each other. No problem there IMO.

They could just go ahead and say "The next AC will be ACV, play in X, during Y and feature the protagonist Z, no further information until E3."
If they explicitly say there is no further info until E3 then the fans will not look for additional information so much, and they will also be open for WD advertising.

Will_Lucky
03-16-2014, 04:05 PM
Darby just tweeted he is trying to learn some more French....proper troll he is :p.

https://twitter.com/DarbyMcDevitt/status/445210857564569600

Mr.GoodKall
03-16-2014, 04:13 PM
If it was another game - like the Division, Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six or Splinter Cell, Those games are not big enough and they are not open world sp games, so it could hurt the games sales. But in terms of WD? Nope. Scenarios are very different, both are vast open world games with an own theme, and both releases are far enough away from each other. No problem there IMO.

The Division has a much bigger world then Watch dogs. but either way, trust me even if you don't notice it, it does hurt sales. Some people are like robots, they only follow what people are talking about and not what they like. So the more you can have people talking about WD, the better it is for them.

I-Like-Pie45
03-16-2014, 04:15 PM
Darby just tweeted he is trying to learn some more French....proper troll he is :p.

well of course he has to

he is living in the dirty part of Canada after all

Mr.GoodKall
03-16-2014, 04:17 PM
Trust me I do want to know something about AC already. We have been waiting so long. I don't know why they didn't just announce it a month ago when everyone thought they would. But this close to another big Ubi release they wont. But deff before E3. Probably 2 weeks or so after WD.

Mr.GoodKall
03-16-2014, 04:19 PM

who is this darby?

AherasSTRG
03-16-2014, 04:42 PM
who is this darby?
The story and dialogue writer of Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines, Assassin's Creed II: Discovery, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Assassin's Creed: Embers and Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. He has also worked as a story consultant in Assassin's Creed II and Assassin's Creed III.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-16-2014, 05:00 PM

He sure can be a troll sometimes; don't even get me started :P

French Revolution confirmed ;)

Kirokill
03-16-2014, 05:22 PM
He sure can be a troll sometimes; don't even get me started :P

French Revolution confirmed ;)

Why is he learning it might lead to the answer of this setting.