PDA

View Full Version : Silent Death is Broken - Fix on the way!

Aza404
03-05-2014, 01:35 AM
Dear Champions,

As a result of our latest patch aimed at changing the Unique card rule, the Silent Death spell card is no longer working as intended.
It now is banished after successfully killing an enemy creature instead of returning to its owner's hand.

The development team is aware of this and will try and fix this as fast as possible.
We will keep you updated about any incoming patch to this issue.

In the meantime, you can still use the card... but a Death Seal will probably be more efficient ;)

Thanks for your understanding and patience.
The DoC Team

vvjacobo
03-05-2014, 10:00 AM
No problem, the card is so bad that that I dont even include it in any undead deck I build.

Make it gain one life or 2 resources after it kills something and PERHAPS people will start using it :)

Meldoriath
04-04-2014, 03:59 AM
No problem, the card is so bad that that I dont even include it in any undead deck I build.

Make it gain one life or 2 resources after it kills something and PERHAPS people will start using it :)

Hardly. It's kind of OP as it is unless the opponent has something to get rid of it. I played a Necro deck (a thrown together one) as a 950 ELO against a 1274 ELO player. I was winning, and then that card came out. The player then proceeded to break me down. He couldn't kill my creatures, so he just stalled and kept put that card on whatever strongest creature I had. Over and over and over and over. It won him the game.

It's actually pretty strong. I wish I had it.

malkorion
04-04-2014, 06:46 AM
I don't think it's a bad card, but you have to pay attention to:

a) if they destroy the creature before Silent Death kills them, you lose it
2) it works very slowly, but allows you to control the game

Vengyre
04-05-2014, 10:10 PM
Silent death is a great card as it is not a no-brainer auto include in every deck, but a card that can be either great or bad, depending on matchup and your deck.

Jarema03
04-07-2014, 07:30 PM
Silent death is a great card as it is not a no-brainer auto include in every deck, but a card that can be either great or bad, depending on matchup and your deck.

exactly. I used to include it in Ammar deck, but only to not have empty draws with my magic peddler, whom I include in 3 copies in order to get forbidden flame. For most situation, this spell is worse than soulreaver, but sometimes it shines.

bowmore440
04-08-2014, 06:04 AM
Thanks to this bug, and its subsequent fix, I've now met a few players who think Silent Death is broken because it now correctly returns to your hand.