PDA

View Full Version : Assassin creed 3 moving carriages flicker

Goatee_Goat
03-04-2014, 06:20 PM
so i bought AC3 patched it up to 1.06 however now i seem to have a graphics bug all the moving carriages flicker and i can't use them to hide instead i can walk inside of them and i sometimes get pushed out about 20-40 meters

System Specs
Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z
intel I7 2600k @ 4.5ghz
EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Superclocked w/ EVGA ACX Cooler (Driver Newest 334.89 also tried 334.67 beta)
16gb mushkin redline 2133mhz ddr 3
Asus Xonar Essence STX
Win7 home 64bit

also my drivers are updated and my temps just for good measure are cpu 59 at full load gpu 69 at full load

right have provided all the info i can think of now any help will be highly appreciated

YazX_
03-04-2014, 06:27 PM
post your game graphics settings so we can get an idea of what the problem might be. alternatively, try to let Geforce Experience to optimize the game graphics settings and see if it makes a difference.

Goatee_Goat
03-04-2014, 07:01 PM
post your game graphics settings so we can get an idea of what the problem might be. alternatively, try to let Geforce Experience to optimize the game graphics settings and see if it makes a difference.

first time i ran it was optimized with geforce experience tried changing all the ingame settings up and down one by one and even everything on lowest no change so right now everything is set very high and with TXAA anyway to show excactly what happens i made this short fraps movie

http://youtu.be/OPAr9qWwdRw

YazX_
03-05-2014, 01:46 AM
do you experience anything like this with other games, not flickering only, any sort of textures problem?

and whats your PSU brand, rating and wattage?

did you try to rollback to older WHQL drivers and see if it fixes the problem?

Goatee_Goat
03-05-2014, 02:30 AM
do you experience anything like this with other games, not flickering only, any sort of textures problem?

and whats your PSU brand, rating and wattage?

did you try to rollback to older WHQL drivers and see if it fixes the problem?

so far no i havent had gfx issue's with games like farcry 3 AC4 black flag battlefield 4 etc.

http://goo.gl/r8HePt
Antec Truepower 850w dont know about the rating but nvm that im not running out of juice in anything else

i havent tried older whql drivers would honestly not even know where to begin since i just came from an ATI R9 280X and there is like hundreds of nvidia drivers

YazX_
03-05-2014, 11:38 AM
so its just AC3 only , that eliminates the possibility of having a defective card. anyway, here is a download link for WHQL 332.21, released on January, to rollback, just run the installer, choose custom and check the box "Perform Clean Install", note that all Geforce Experience settings, optimization and Nvidia Control panel settings will be removed.

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/71704/en-us

Goatee_Goat
03-05-2014, 05:00 PM
well i tested all the drivers now from 331.65 - 334.89 including beta's which is all that support my card and they seem to all reproduce this problem so im not sure what else to try really maybe AC3 is just not compatible with my machine somehow

//edit no its not incompatible with my card i now know what the problem was my screen was set to 120hz i change this to 60hz before starting the game which has "fixed" it guess consoles dont like 120hz ;)

YazX_
03-06-2014, 10:46 AM
guess consoles dont like 120hz ;)

consoles locked at 30 xD