PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft please for the future of your games and the love of all thats good

HavanaAssassin
03-04-2014, 06:04 PM
Bring regenerating patrols back!

How is it sensible that I can kill 4 gaurds in an area, stand there for umpteen hours, citizens running about screaming, and no new guards/ patrolsmen or officers are going to enter the area to see whats going on? There should be a whole new brigade heading over shortly if I don't make like a true assassin and vanish!

enough IS enough! You've made 5 total Assassins games since AC 1 and they all have this problem! Its game breaking, immersion breaking, and takes the overall quality of your STEALTH BASED ASSASSIN GAMES down by a whole notch! enough is enough! PLEASE FIX THIS come AC 5! Make this a good turning point! I don't want to see this problem in this franchise anymore!

overdidd
03-04-2014, 06:11 PM
I like this idea of constant pressure on the player (in the form of guards). But of course there should be safe zones as well.

HavanaAssassin
03-04-2014, 06:15 PM
I like this idea of constant pressure on the player (in the form of guards). But of course there should be safe zones as well.

Exactly, that was the original intention of the wanted posters, to make you safe from the constantly respawning guards in AC 1, but they stopped it so there wasn't really a point other than being attacked on the spot for a brief second.

It just really a pet peeve of mine. They give you a nicely built sprawling city everygame, but the city doesn't act like one. Only after they've sent a small army and you've dispatched them all should you be allowed to pat yourself on the back and stand around over the wreckage and corpses I suppose...

Assassin_M
03-04-2014, 06:17 PM
That's actually how it was in AC III, but people whined and cried and said "waaaa waaaa, it's too hard" so they got rid of the notoriety...

mattyink
03-04-2014, 06:23 PM
Bring regenerating patrols back!

How is it sensible that I can kill 4 gaurds in an area, stand there for umpteen hours, citizens running about screaming, and no new guards/ patrolsmen or officers are going to enter the area to see whats going on? There should be a whole new brigade heading over shortly if I don't make like a true assassin and vanish!

enough IS enough! You've made 5 total Assassins games since AC 1 and they all have this problem! Its game breaking, immersion breaking, and takes the overall quality of your STEALTH BASED ASSASSIN GAMES down by a whole notch! enough is enough! PLEASE FIX THIS come AC 5! Make this a good turning point! I don't want to see this problem in this franchise anymore!

You make a good point but i can't help but think.... if you would play the game like a real assassin, wouldnt you just run and hide right away instead of waiting on the spot to see if more guard would come? I know guards will regenerate if you leave the area and come back but after a short killing spree, scuffle or what not, i just go on my merry way.

I think yeah they could make the city a bit more believable but with the scale of this game that is not really a complaint for me. For it to be a true assassin game i think it equally on the devs work and how you actually go about playing the game.

HavanaAssassin
03-04-2014, 06:28 PM
You make a good point but i can't help but think.... if you would play the game like a real assassin, wouldnt you just run and hide right away instead of waiting on the spot to see if more guard would come? I know guards will regenerate if you leave the area and come back but after a short killing spree, scuffle or what not, i just go on my merry way.

I think yeah they could make the city a bit more believable but with the scale of this game that is not really a complaint for me. For it to be a true assassin game i think it equally on the devs work and how you actually go about playing the game.

I make a deal of it it cause you have games like GTA where sitting around definitely isn't an option after you've disturbed the peace. Implementing this feature is something I believe is not so much hard to include as it has simply been just overlooked unfortunately by the devs. for 5 games. But it's never really been brought up. By anyone other than me that is. I've brought it up under a different username once before I belive but I don't remember exactly.

That's actually how it was in AC III, but people whined and cried and said "waaaa waaaa, it's too hard" so they got rid of the notoriety...

Nonono AC III's system doesn't count for multiple reasons.

Reason number 1:
They didn't send in more guards, they only sent in the highest tier enemy in quantities of one or 2. This was a problem in itself as those brigadiers huntsmen or whatever they were called were nearly impossible to kill and it was very easy to die

Reason number 2:
The combat in AC 3 sucked which was why it was hard. You had to wait for the a button to queu in before you could use a guard to protect from fire, it should have been more like the previous games where you held b and the player grab the neareast guard hostage regardless of whether or not you were about to get shot. This gives you the advantage of self paced timing. In short, ac 3 was just a horrible game mechanically. It didn't function.

Reason number 3:
What they needed to do is send a small platoon of new regular troops LED by one of these high tier guards, rather than 4 to 5 high teir guards at once. 30 to 50 normal troops at the max. That would be the last one and they wouldn't send anymore troops into the area for the dangerous assassin or something like that.

Assassin_M
03-04-2014, 06:36 PM
were nearly impossible to kill and it was very easy to die

Reason number 2:
The combat in AC 3 sucked which was why it was hard.
and THAT is why we'll never have a hard AC game...people complaining that it's too hard, when it's easy as feck

Reason number 3:
What they needed to do is send a small platoon of new regular troops LED by one of these high tier guards, rather than 4 to 5 high teir guards at once. 30 to 50 normal troops at the max. That would be the last one and they wouldn't send anymore troops into the area for the dangerous assassin or something like that.
30 to 50 troops?? you wanna fight 30-50 troops at once? That most likely wont ever happen right now because of hardware limitations.

I'm sorry, mate...just because the game doesn't do it your way, doesn't mean it can't count....it's not the game's fault you think it's too hard lol...it makes sense to send a few patrols, then a dozen high rank guards ONLY...you think it's too hard?? well, that's why we have been getting 5 easy as bricks games...

HavanaAssassin
03-04-2014, 06:50 PM
and THAT is why we'll never have a hard AC game...people complaining that it's too hard, when it's easy as feck

30 to 50 troops?? you wanna fight 30-50 troops at once? That most likely wont ever happen right now because of hardware limitations.

I'm sorry, mate...just because the game doesn't do it your way, doesn't mean it can't count....it's not the game's fault you think it's too hard lol...it makes sense to send a few patrols, then a dozen high rank guards ONLY...you think it's too hard?? well, that's why we have been getting 5 easy as bricks games...

chillio... you allright mate good. Im no sport for arguing on forums anymore makes me dizzy. I've had fight like that in ac 1. I just might take a screenshot to prove it but that would involve me doing a playthrough for special you. and yes its possible grunt. How many pirates did we fight on the ships? the man of war, it was most certainly more than 20.

What I meant by difficulty is, there was only one way seocifically to kill them, other than attacking from behing, rendering all other attacks the assissin has in his arsenal of killing moves useless.

And what I propose in the begninng of this thread makes the game difficult if you're trying to do stealth. By forcing you to run away in order to survive. Stop arguing circles around me. Makes me defensive. Rar.

On another note, this has nothing to do with my OP but the wanted posters should've been by the district per offenses in those areas

Sushiglutton
03-04-2014, 06:51 PM
I'm typically not the one to complain about "dumbing down" in games, but Ubi has gone too far in some instances in AC. One such instance is the city gameplay in AC4. It's so easy to escpe guards (or to quickly murder them if you prefer) that the entire city gameplay loop is rendered moot. I'm no hardcore gamer who needs to be punished all the time to enjoy myself, but there needs to be some level of challenge just to make the basic systems work.

I really, really like this quote from Hutchinson:

A lot of games have been ruined by easy modes. If you have a cover shooter and you switch it to easy and you don’t have to use cover, you kind of broke your game. You made a game that is essentially the worst possible version of your game
http://www.edge-online.com/news/assassins-creed-iii-devs-easy-mode-often-ruins-games/ (http://www.edge-online.com/news/assassins-creed-iii-devs-easy-mode-often-ruins-games/)

All we can do is to pray Ubi will listen to him one day :)

Fatal-Feit
03-04-2014, 06:54 PM
Nonono AC III's system doesn't count for multiple reasons.

Subjective reasons.

Reason number 1:
They didn't send in more guards, they only sent in the highest tier enemy in quantities of one or 2. This was a problem in itself as those brigadiers huntsmen or whatever they were called were nearly impossible to kill and it was very easy to die

It's called practice and training. You can instantly kill them with double tools kills, tool counters, breaking their guard, smoke bombs, or by waiting for them to falter.

Faltering is also something future sequels should bring back.

Reason number 2:
The combat in AC 3 sucked which was why it was hard. You had to wait for the a button to queu in before you could use a guard to protect from fire, it should have been more like the previous games where you held b and the player grab the neareast guard hostage regardless of whether or not you were about to get shot. This gives you the advantage of self paced timing. In short, ac 3 was just a horrible game mechanically. It didn't function.

No, it didn't suck. And it wasn't hard. (almost too easy for most people) If you don't want to wait for the queue then interrupt them with your pistol, rope dart, or take advantage of the new mechanics and run up close to attack.

The combat functioned just fine for me, and this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw3U_getqDg

Reason number 3:

You're basically asking for the game to be easier. The higher tier guards adds strategy and difficulty to an already easy game. 30-50 troops are also too much for last gen consoles to handle. Even in Brotherhood they could only send in 5-10 at a time.

Assassin_M
03-04-2014, 06:57 PM
and yes its possible grunt. How many pirates did we fight on the ships? the man of war, it was most certainly more than 20.
Yeah...it was more than 20, except it wasn't all at once AND it was in the ocean where there's not much to render, so sufficient processing power can be given to rendering a bit over 20 guards.

What I meant by difficulty is, there was only one way seocifically to kill them, other than attacking from behing, rendering all other attacks the assissin has in his arsenal of killing moves useless.
There's more than a couple of ways of killing Hesians...

And what I propose in the begninng of this thread makes the game difficult if you're trying to do stealth. By forcing you to run away in order to survive.
Well, so you want to force the player to run away and be stealthy? what's wrong with a dozen elite soldiers that are pretty hard to kill? that's what AC III does...if they keep sending weak guards, the player wont run away..

Stop arguing circles around me. Makes me defensive. Rar.
You're only defensive when you know you're wrong....are you wrong?

On another note, this has nothing to do with my OP but the wanted posters should've been by the district per offenses in those areas
eh, too complicated...and would make it too easy, since you can easily dodge guards simply by going to a different district...

LoyalACFan
03-04-2014, 06:57 PM

This, AC3's notoriety system was actually great, minus the obvious AI issues.

Also LOLat Jaegers being "nearly impossible" to kill... Counter+Triangle/Y and they're done...

Wolfmeister1010
03-04-2014, 06:58 PM
I'm typically not the one to complain about "dumbing down" in games, but Ubi has gone too far in some instances in AC. One such instance is the city gameplay in AC4. It's so easy to escpe guards (or to quickly murder them if you prefer) that the entire city gameplay loop is rendered moot. I'm no hardcore gamer who needs to be punished all the time to enjoy myself, but there needs to be some level of challenge just to make the basic systems work.

I really, really like this quote from Hutchinson:

http://www.edge-online.com/news/assassins-creed-iii-devs-easy-mode-often-ruins-games/ (http://www.edge-online.com/news/assassins-creed-iii-devs-easy-mode-often-ruins-games/)

All we can do is to pray Ubi will listen to him one day :)

I heard that Alex Amancio..the creative director from revelations, is creative director of ACV.

I don't know why what you said made me remember this.

LoyalACFan
03-04-2014, 06:59 PM
I heard that Alex Amancio..the creative director from revelations, is creative director of ACV.

I might actually have to find a religion and PRAY that this isn't true. That man should never be allowed near another AC game.

Assassin_M
03-04-2014, 07:02 PM

Also LOLat Jaegers being "nearly impossible" to kill... Counter+Triangle/Y and they're done...
the psychic AI just ruins everything, really...even some well designed missions...except when you want to be attacked, the AI is perfect for this...which is what OP wants..

Amancio is not employed at Ubisoft anymore, though...

Wolfmeister1010
03-04-2014, 07:02 PM
I might actually have to find a religion and PRAY that this isn't true. That man should never be allowed near another AC game.

Even though Revelations was my least favorite AC game.. It is not completely his fault lol.

It is not just him in charge if everything. Even Hutchinson, who everyone hates cuz AC3, should not be blamed so hard. If Yves had given his team more time, no yearly release ****, who knows how ac3 could have turned out?

Wolfmeister1010
03-04-2014, 07:03 PM
the psychic AI just ruin everything...except when you want to be attacked...which is what OP wants..

Amancio is not employed at Ubisoft anymore, though...

Really? Didnt know that, guess that puts this rumor to rest.

Sushiglutton
03-04-2014, 07:04 PM

I dunno, to me the notoriety is somewhat seperate from the run and hide gameplay. The thing I would like is that when the guards start to attack you there are reinforcements which escalates until you have succefully fled and hidden somewhere. Your health won't regenerate until you are hidden.

Howeve once you are I don't see the point with doing dull things like tearing down posters after that. Once you are hidden the loop should be closed imo.

For the love of "%"#%"#, that just can't be true.

ACfan443
03-04-2014, 07:05 PM

Yeah, there was a leak last year (Amancio's CV or something?) where he listed an upcoming AC game that he's directing.

Shahkulu101
03-04-2014, 07:07 PM
Yeah, there was a leak last year (Amancio's CV or something?) where he listed an upcoming AC game that he's directing.

Been good knowin' ya.

* Violently plunges 10 inch knife through neck *

Wolfmeister1010
03-04-2014, 07:08 PM
Uh.so is he at ubi or not lol

HavanaAssassin
03-04-2014, 07:08 PM
Subjective reasons.

It's called practice and training. You can instantly kill them with double tools kills, tool counters, breaking their guard, smoke bombs, or by waiting for them to falter.

Faltering is also something future sequels should bring back.

No, it didn't suck. And it wasn't hard. (almost too easy for most people) If you don't want to wait for the queue then interrupt them with your pistol, rope dart, or take advantage of the new mechanics and run up close to attack.

The combat functioned just fine for me, and this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw3U_getqDg

You're basically asking for the game to be easier. The higher tier guards adds strategy and difficulty to an already easy game. 30-50 troops are also too much for last gen consoles to handle. Even in Brotherhood they could only send in 5-10 at a time.

Okay, slow down hot stuff, like I said I'm not good sport for arguments. But I'm a patient king. You will see. Or not. Anyway

The combat sucks- first this is me expressing my opinion, one shared by many other people I know who have played the game. I'm not asking you to agree. If you think AC 3 had great combat- that's great! I'm you enjoyed something that bored the hell out of me. Sorry, but it did. As did AC 3. I liked the other games much better. Sorry, just my opinion lol. Not very fond memories.

Now using those tools you mentioned doesn't count in long battles, which is the only reason AC 3 came up- to prove one game did have respawning enemies. when dealing with constantly respawning enemies, you run out of tools. the tools are more for assasinitation/ stealth tactics, not in the area of elongated combat sequences where ultimately all you have left is your weapons and no ammo, save that picked up from fallen enemies.

Also you were obligated to wait for a to show up and grab a guard in the face of 6 guys ling up to shoot you, rope dart wasn't much of an option. The mechanic was obviously flawed, no contest.

Trust me I mastered all AC 3 had to offer, that's why these games bore me now and why I'm complaining about no respawning patrols running after you at a crime scene.

On faltering, yes I agree they should bring it back or something like it.

LoyalACFan
03-04-2014, 07:10 PM
Even though Revelations was my least favorite AC game.. It is not completely his fault lol.

It is not just him in charge if everything. Even Hutchinson, who everyone hates cuz AC3, should not be blamed so hard. If Yves had given his team more time, no yearly release ****, who knows how ac3 could have turned out?

I know, but I'll never forgive him for den defense and The Lost Archive. They were already working on an extremely short development cycle, but instead of working on delivering a good AC game, they decided to tack on a bunch of mismatched and untested mechanics that had nothing to do with AC gameplay. Plus, it was his call to cut the Lucy REVELATION from the main game and replace it with boring Desmond backstory BS that we already knew about since freaking AC1.

But I for one don't hate Hutchinson, for what it's worth. I think he had a great vision of AC3, it just didn't have the time/resources to come to fruition because of Brotherhood and (mostly) Revelations. AC3 reeked of a game that had really high goals, but didn't have time to flesh everything out properly. But that's not the fault of the creative team.

HavanaAssassin
03-04-2014, 07:11 PM
Yeah...it was more than 20, except it wasn't all at once AND it was in the ocean where there's not much to render, so sufficient processing power can be given to rendering a bit over 20 guards.

There's more than a couple of ways of killing Hesians...

Well, so you want to force the player to run away and be stealthy? what's wrong with a dozen elite soldiers that are pretty hard to kill? that's what AC III does...if they keep sending weak guards, the player wont run away..

You're only defensive when you know you're wrong....are you wrong?

eh, too complicated...and would make it too easy, since you can easily dodge guards simply by going to a different district...

You're an obvious waste of time. Troll. You're on ignore. No more bids for friendliness on my part bye bye.

Back to my original point which has been sorely lost on this thread...

Fatal-Feit
03-04-2014, 07:23 PM
But I for one don't hate Hutchinson, for what it's worth. I think he had a great vision of AC3, it just didn't have the time/resources to come to fruition because of Brotherhood and (mostly) Revelations. AC3 reeked of a game that had really high goals, but didn't have time to flesh everything out properly. But that's not the fault of the creative team.

Well, personally I think Revelations should still have happen. It had too much to offer to let go. Brotherhood in the other hand should have never have happened.

Assassin_M
03-04-2014, 07:23 PM
Trust me I mastered all AC 3 had to offer
Doesn't seem like it if you think Hessians are nearly impossible to kill..

You're an obvious waste of time. Troll. You're on ignore. No more bids for friendliness on my part bye bye.

Looks like someone didn't like to be told that he just sucks at the game...I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings

HavanaAssassin
03-04-2014, 07:26 PM
Well, personally I think Revelations should still have happen. It had too much to offer to let go. Brotherhood in the other hand should have never have happened.

D8 Nuuuuuuuuu! My (kinda favorite) games! You Barbarians! How could torch me games ahhhhh!

My AC 2's still safe *cuddles*

ACfan443
03-04-2014, 07:28 PM
The sudden turn of this thread is mildly amusing.

HavanaAssassin
03-04-2014, 07:29 PM
Doesn't seem like it if you think Hessians are nearly impossible to kill..

Looks like someone didn't like to be told that he just sucks at the game...I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings

Oi tardio, I never said the games were hard for me. Only tedious in that I'm forced to a limited way of fighting certain opponents. Its lame doing the same thing over and over. Also I was defending people who might have trouble playing these games because of hardcore kids like you whining: "Blahhhhh! Oh ubisoft!!!!!! Make it harder!!!!!! I like My games hardddder!"

Assassin_M
03-04-2014, 07:30 PM
D8 Nuuuuuuuuu! My (kinda favorite) games! You Barbarians! How could torch me games ahhhhh!

My AC 2's still safe *cuddles*

Maybe stop derailing your own thread...

your poor attempts at infuriating me by replying to a post after mine are childish...

HavanaAssassin
03-04-2014, 07:35 PM
Maybe stop derailing your own thread...

your poor attempts at infuriating me by replying to a post after mine are childish...

This has nothing to do with my real discussion on here which has ceased. Mostly everyone's talking about previous devs.

And now you play the mature card... aren't you the hard railing man.

Assassin_M
03-04-2014, 07:35 PM
Oi tardio, I never said the games were hard for me. Only tedious in that I'm forced to a limited way of fighting certain opponents. Its lame doing the same thing over and over. Also I was defending people who might have trouble playing these games because of hardcore kids like you whining: "Blahhhhh! Oh ubisoft!!!!!! Make it harder!!!!!! I like My games hardddder!"
lol, just couldnt keep ignoring me, could you?

Everything's limited...every system is limited. Your favorite combat (Pre-AC III) was limited. Its functions served no purpose to the pace of the combat. taking hostages did nothing, but stop guards from attacking for a while (which is useless, since they're already slow as hell) until you either killed the guard you're holding or the guard breaks free from your grip. It only served to slow the pace of the combat down. The Hessians, likewise, have more than one strategy to take down, but you claimed they're nearly impossible to kill at first, not that they're tedious..

Defending people who might have trouble?? you're defending the majority?? the ones ubi are actually catering to? so you admit to being one of those whiners who go "waaaaaa waaaaa, game is hard" when it's easy bricks??? my god, the games have been easy as crap for the last 5 years...I don't know who're the kids...the ones whining because of difficulty or the ones who actually want SOME challenge..

Assassin_M
03-04-2014, 07:36 PM
This has nothing to do with my real discussion on here which has ceased.
exactly, so it serves only to derail your own thread..

And now you play the mature card... aren't you the hard railing man.
I'v been mature throughout the whole discussion, you're the one who threw a fit and called me a troll

HavanaAssassin
03-04-2014, 07:39 PM
exactly, so it serves only to derail your own thread..

I'v been mature throughout the whole discussion, you're the one who threw a fit and called me a troll

Oh dear, I could look back to where this all started between you and me my dear, but..... I don't care.

Rock on hard gamer.
on

Fatal-Feit
03-04-2014, 07:41 PM
Okay, slow down hot stuff, like I said I'm not good sport for arguments. But I'm a patient king. You will see. Or not. Anyway

Okay, first. Stop using ''hot stuff''. The only person with their jimmies rustled are yourself. You make a thread and when someone questions it or disagrees, you go into a very defensive state. You're doing yourself no favor.

The combat sucks- first this is me expressing my opinion, one shared by many other people I know who have played the game. I'm not asking you to agree. If you think AC 3 had great combat- that's great! I'm you enjoyed something that bored the hell out of me. Sorry, but it did. As did AC 3. I liked the other games much better. Sorry, just my opinion lol. Not very fond memories.

If you want to play the ''many other people opinion'' game, then you're scrapping the end of the barrel. Because the majority of everyone and their grandmas are in favor of AC:3's. I also don't care if you didn't enjoy it but stop acting like your opinion is dominant.

You're using a forum.

You made a thread on the forum.

Quit being a baby and just suck up to the fact that other people with different opinions are more than likely to post it in an open thread built by one. Common sense, brah.

Now using those tools you mentioned doesn't count in long battles, which is the only reason AC 3 came up- to prove one game did have respawning enemies. when dealing with constantly respawning enemies, you run out of tools. the tools are more for assasinitation/ stealth tactics, not in the area of elongated combat sequences where ultimately all you have left is your weapons and no ammo, save that picked up from fallen enemies.

The AC franchise have always been built around tools and have always consumed tools like hotcakes whether it's in combat or during stealth. AC:3 is no different. If anything, it gets a bonus for balancing it out.

As for the case of having no tools, you can still take down Jagers, brutes, etc etc with your fists. Once again, it's called practice and training. :p

Also you were obligated to wait for a to show up and grab a guard in the face of 6 guys ling up to shoot you, rope dart wasn't much of an option. The mechanic was obviously flawed, no contest.

If you mastered all of what AC:3 had to offer, you wouldn't be writing this.

Trust me I mastered all AC 3 had to offer, that's why these games bore me now and why I'm complaining about no respawning patrols running after you at a crime scene.

Sorry, but I highly doubt you have considering Jagers were ''impossible'' for you. And as we said, AC:3 had respawning patrols. And practically everywhere when you had 3 strikes. A more reasonable complaint would be-- Why are the respawning patrols so unforgiving?

HavanaAssassin
03-04-2014, 07:43 PM
Okay, first. Stop using ''hot stuff''. The only person with their jimmies rustled are yourself. You make a thread and when someone questions it or disagrees, you go into a very defensive state. You're doing yourself no favor.

If you want to play the ''many other people opinion'' game, then you're scrapping the end of the barrel. Because the majority of everyone and their grandmas are in favor of AC:3's. I also don't care if you didn't enjoy it but stop acting like your opinion is dominant.

You're using a forum.

You made a thread on the forum.

Quit being a baby and just suck up to the fact that other people with different opinions are more than likely to post it in a thread built by one. Common sense, brah.

The AC franchise have always been built around tools and have always consumed tools like hotcakes whether it's in combat or during stealth. AC:3 is no different. If anything, it gets a bonus for balancing it out.

As for the case of having no tools, you can still take down Jagers, brutes, etc etc with your fists. Once again, it's called practice and training. :p

If you mastered all of what AC:3 had to offer, you wouldn't be writing this.

Sorry, but I highly doubt you have considering Jagers were ''impossible'' for you. And as we said, AC:3 had respawning patrols. And practically everywhere when you had 3 strikes. A more reasonable complaint would be-- Why are the respawning patrols so unforgiving?

Wow. butthurt. I'm truly sorry you thought I was trying to minimize your opinion when I wasn't. -.-

Assassin_M
03-04-2014, 07:46 PM
wow. butthurt
So at the end of the day, someone obviously did not expect to have people pointing out facts unknown to him like it's he that just needs more practice at the game's combat, that AC III actually had what he's proposing and that some of us disagree with his opinions...

we've been getting a lot of those lately, huh?

jeffies04
03-04-2014, 07:47 PM
I thought III's notoriety system was starting to go on the right track. Each reprehensible thing you do escalates the police force until there is a city-wide panic (bells ringing, hessions looking for you).

I understood the reasoning behind the system in AC4... They had a whole pirate hunting notoriety which they wanted to be the predominant one, so they dumbed down the notoriety in cities. I've played around with the guard behaviors in the cities... I don't think they're too bad in how they react and chase and investigate. I like they improved upon how guards can actually hear now.. if you fire a gun they're going to come check it out. It's a little bothersome that they forget and everything goes back to normal but... like I said... I get it.

I remember reading an interesting developers article about how AI behavior was so lacking because of limitations in processing power, but that is starting to change. Programming a whole city or level with all of the necessary human thought patterns (these repetitive programming loops) takes a lot of processing power when you've got so many spawning in the world at any one time. And what about the ones despawning just because they're out of your playable area... do they forget what's happened? What if you return will they remember you? It talked about lots of issues with the guard AI behaviors over the years and getting it realistic enough for games. With more power they're going to be able to hash out some really awesome guard behaviors in upcoming games. (I think they're planning to really show that off in Watch Dogs first though).

PS edit--- Whoa I missed a lot while I was typing my post.....

HavanaAssassin
03-04-2014, 07:49 PM
So at the end of the day, someone obviously did not expect to have people pointing out facts unknown to him like it's he that just needs more practice at the game's combat and that AC III actually had what he's proposing..

we've been getting a lot of those lately, huh?

That's cute. Youre trying to make friends now after being a complete ****? What great negotiating skills you have, you should be like, the negotiotor. I bet you think music plays in the background when you speak.

I thought III's notoriety system was starting to go on the right track. Each reprehensible thing you do escalates the police force until there is a city-wide panic (bells ringing, hessions looking for you).

I understood the reasoning behind the system in AC4... They had a whole pirate hunting notoriety which they wanted to be the predominant one, so they dumbed down the notoriety in cities. I've played around with the guard behaviors in the cities... I don't think they're too bad in how they react and chase and investigate. I like they improved upon how guards can actually hear now.. if you fire a gun they're going to come check it out. It's a little bothersome that they forget and everything goes back to normal but... like I said... I get it.

I remember reading an interesting developers article about how AI behavior was so lacking because of limitations in processing power, but that is starting to change. Programming a whole city or level with all of the necessary human thought patterns (these repetitive programming loops) takes a lot of processing power when you've got so many spawning in the world at any one time. And what about the ones despawning just because they're out of your playable area... do they forget what's happened? What if you return will they remember you? It talked about lots of issues with the guard AI behaviors over the years and getting it realistic enough for games. With more power they're going to be able to hash out some really awesome guard behaviors in upcoming games. (I think they're planning to really show that off in Watch Dogs first though).

Agreed. Thank you for expressing a normal opinion and not attacking me. Im standing over by this guy.

Assassin_M
03-04-2014, 07:55 PM
That's cute. Youre trying to make friends now after being a complete ****? What great negotiating skills you have, you should be like, the negotiotor. I bet you think music plays in the background when you speak.

Well....I'm obviously not trying to make friends with you, I don't know how you got that.

Also, music DOES play when I speak, just not right now...since i'm not speaking...i'm typing.

and no one attacked you, unless you consider disagreement an attack..

HavanaAssassin
03-04-2014, 07:58 PM
Well....I'm obviously not trying to make friends with you, I don't know how you got that.

Also, music DOES play when I speak, just not right now...since i'm not speaking...i'm typing.

and no one attacked you, unless you consider disagreement an attack..

Well, at least you agree you're a self righteous *****, so we're good there.

I hope you know you lost to me at several points I made you look like a stupid schoolboy and I just did again there. Bye bye now. REally ignore now. Kinda.

Assassin_M
03-04-2014, 08:01 PM
Well, at least you agree you're a self righteous *****, so we're good there.
Stop derailing your own thread..

HavanaAssassin
03-04-2014, 08:03 PM
Stop derailing your own thread..

You'd know all about that, you started it. It should be your nickname.

How does this sound, Ill stop make comments about you, as soon as you stop making comments about me? Maken sense?

Assassin_M
03-04-2014, 08:04 PM
I hope you know you lost to me at several points I made you look like a stupid schoolboy and I just did again there. Bye bye now. REally ignore now. Kinda.
If you actually felt you had won on ANY of the points you'v discussed and proposed, you wouldn't feel the need to say it out loud nor be so defensive in all your posts. you'd have just ignored me and carried on without derailing your own thread...

I don't think you made me look like a stupid school boy, I disagree...

Assassin_M
03-04-2014, 08:07 PM
You'd know all about that, you started it. It should be your nickname.

How does this sound, Ill stop make comments about you, as soon as you stop making comments about me? Maken sense?
Oh look, he just can't ignore me..

I replied to your thread, I didn't start anything. You called me a troll for no reason and proceeded to be extremely defensive in all your later posts..

I'm not the one who has a thread and doesn't want it derailed...I have all right to reply to you if you mention me...you however refuse to just let it go..

HavanaAssassin
03-04-2014, 08:10 PM
Now happy to announce fueding is over. ;)

Assassin_M
03-04-2014, 08:11 PM
Now happy to announce fueding is over.
Wasn't a feud on my part...

Mr_Shade
03-04-2014, 08:12 PM

indeed..

Some people don't like regenerating enemies on any game

- can we please get back to the topic? and less infighting?

Fatal-Feit
03-04-2014, 08:16 PM
indeed..

Some people don't like regenerating enemies on any game

I rather we just close the thread and save ourselves the trouble. It's obvious a simple back and forth exchange of opinions is too much for the thread.

Assassin_M
03-04-2014, 08:17 PM
Fine by me

Mr_Shade
03-04-2014, 08:17 PM
I rather we just close the thread and save ourselves the trouble. It's obvious a simple back and forth exchange of opinions is too much for the thread.

Well the OP needs to say that - since he is the one who needs to either accept other peoples opinions - or - get the thread locked, one way or the other.

HavanaAssassin
03-04-2014, 08:19 PM

I had already told Assassin M if he wants to continue his thing with me its in private messages... I'm not reponding to him on here

Well the OP needs to say that - since he is the one who needs to either accept other peoples opinions - or - get the thread locked, one way or the other.

Opinions are fine and I was happy for the people who solely came on here to do just that. Even those who said things I didn't exactly agree with-, but people being intentionally rude isn't, which was also happening on here, mostly between me and Assassin M, the whole things still there from page 2 it started I think.

I'd hope for other people to come on here if they'd like and post on the topic.

But as for the other stuff like secretly convening to drive people crazy and other behaviors I've frequently observed, that's just stuff I'm personally not okay with. When I see people act like that on my own topic it's hard not defending myself in front of direct disrespect. That's all I have to say to all that happened here.

Assassin_M
03-04-2014, 08:35 PM
but people being intentionally rude isn't, which was also happening on here, mostly between me and Assassin M, it's hard not defending myself in front of direct disrespect.

Well, at least you agree you're a self righteous *****

I made you look like a stupid schoolboy and I just did again there.

That's cute. Youre trying to make friends now after being a complete ****?

Wow. butthurt.

because of hardcore kids like you whining

You're an obvious waste of time. Troll.

Just helping you out in showing Mr_Shade the disrespect that occurred in this thread, no need to thank, just doing my good bid for the day..

HavanaAssassin
03-04-2014, 08:39 PM
Just helping you out in showing Mr_Shade the disrespect that occurred in this thread, no need to thank, just doing my good bid for the day..

This is precisely the behavior I'm talking about.

Mr_Shade
03-04-2014, 08:40 PM
OK…

Just so you know guys - I can see deleted / edited stuff.. ;)

I suggest we lock this thread - since I can see - it's not going to end well, if people do not agree to disagree..

Being antagonistic is not going to help a discussion..