PDA

View Full Version : Problem with I-16 - engine

XyZspineZyX
10-21-2003, 01:11 AM
Hello :-)

So, I have problem with this plane (engine) - when I rapidly change my altitude engine lost all power, I've tried with mixture combinations and with radiator too - don't work :-) I have only one choice - landing (between trees :-) It is great, that things like this are in this game, but I need solution, You understand :-)

BTW - thanks for all, for You help and answer of my (sometimes) stupid questions, I have this game (FB) few days.

Stary Wuj
Warsaw
Poland

XyZspineZyX
10-21-2003, 01:11 AM
Hello :-)

So, I have problem with this plane (engine) - when I rapidly change my altitude engine lost all power, I've tried with mixture combinations and with radiator too - don't work :-) I have only one choice - landing (between trees :-) It is great, that things like this are in this game, but I need solution, You understand :-)

BTW - thanks for all, for You help and answer of my (sometimes) stupid questions, I have this game (FB) few days.

Stary Wuj
Warsaw
Poland

XyZspineZyX
10-21-2003, 01:14 AM
You cant put negative G's on that engine...the carburator cant take it.

http://home.si.rr.com/skywolf/moonlight2.jpg

XyZspineZyX
10-21-2003, 01:26 AM
So if you want to dive, roll upside down and then pull on the stick.

XyZspineZyX
10-21-2003, 01:32 AM
There is no problem. The I-16 and I-153 had gravity fed carburetors. If you give too much negative G's (for example when diving) the fuel supply to the engine is shut and the engine dies. You should turn upside down before diving. Also, if you had installed the lates patch, you can also restart the engine if it dies off.

GATO_LOCO

XyZspineZyX
10-21-2003, 05:28 AM
You can give those planes negative Gs, just not abrupty. If you gradually nose them down and are not sudden about it, they take negative Gs just fine. You can't be hamfisted with them.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin - 1755

XyZspineZyX
10-21-2003, 07:14 AM
The guys above are right - negative gs are the problem.

If I remember right with the original 1.0 boxed vesion of FB

You can't restart the engine in the air.

however if you download the 1.11 patch you can restart the motor once the carb has refilled ("I"). Also I think the effect of gravity feed has been retuned to be less sudden - or maby I am flying less hamfistedly.

http://perso.club-internet.fr/ptthome/vulogo3.JPG