PDA

View Full Version : [Swiss Overlord] Announcement Thread

Uraxor
03-02-2014, 09:49 PM
Dear Champions,

it is my honour to present to you:

http://i.imgur.com/xnjVz3F.jpg (http://imgur.com/xnjVz3F)

Swiss Overlord: the ultimate Swiss showdown!

When?
First two weeks after the Base Set 2 is out!
Qualifiers: 9. 4. - 23. 4.
Final Day: 27. 4.

How can I take part?
Once the tournament is launched, simply win as many Swisses as you can.
Share the Victory screenshots (in accordance with posted example) in this thread. (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/867942-Swiss-Overlord-Screenshot-Submissions!?p=9908784&viewfull=1#post9908784)
Screenshots may not be older than 24 hours at the time they are submitted.
Detailed schedule and rules! (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/842952-Swiss-Overlord-Announcement-Thread?p=9562980&viewfull=1#post9562980)
Quitters Policy (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/842952-Swiss-Overlord-Announcement-Thread?p=9901349&viewfull=1#post9901349)

What can I win?
Prize pool starts at 1.000.000 Gold;
and increases with every posted Screenshot!
Roughly by several thousand Gold per SS.
That brings millions of Gold on the line!
There will also be Unique banner for the Overlord.
Stretch Goal constitutes of the exclusive Alternate Art!
Detailed list of prizes - includes Alternate Art! (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/842952-Swiss-Overlord-Announcement-Thread?p=9830740&viewfull=1#post9830740)
Further stretch goals! (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/842952-Swiss-Overlord-Announcement-Thread?p=9919219&viewfull=1#post9919219)

Who will win?
Three most successful contestants will qualify directly into the Swiss Finale.
In terms of number of posted and validated Swiss Victory Screenshots.
Swiss Finale will compose of 3 Swisses of various modes.
Prizes will be distributed among the 8 Finalists.
The Overlord will be Finalist with most points acquired after these 3 Rounds.
Furthermore, top 4 - 20 will be seeded into Preliminary Rounds.
Preliminary Round will typically compose of a single Swiss, where 4 best will advance into upper Rounds.
We will have 3 Preliminary Rounds in total.
5 most successful competitors of the Preliminary Rounds will qualify into the Swiss Finale.
So overall 20 best players will have a shot at prizes, which will be distributed among the 8 best.
Both Preliminary Rounds and Swiss Finale will take place on one Sunday, date to be determined.
Only players present on that Sunday will be taken into account.

Will I be able to follow the Final Day?
Of course! We will closely follow those Swisses with Spectator Modes.
Once again you can look forward to coverage in multiple languages!

All further details and important information will be published in this thread;
stay tuned for more details!

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/F2P/MMDOC/KimmundiSeal3.png

All artworks credits: Hantzie!

Bazaltovy
03-02-2014, 09:56 PM
Fan-freakin-tastic! <3

Kimundi
03-02-2014, 09:57 PM

Hantziie
03-02-2014, 10:05 PM
i made the logo :cool: Good luck guys! :D

Bazaltovy
03-03-2014, 12:06 AM
i made the logo :cool: Good luck guys! :D

The shield is beautiful, good job!

Hantziie
03-03-2014, 12:34 AM
The shield is beautiful, good job!

thanks Bazal :D i really enjoyed to create this logo hehe

Boke_WE
03-03-2014, 02:18 AM
Nice tourney dude! i hope you will not kick me randomly like in BtJ :D anyway imagine there is an error here "top 4 - 20 will be seeded into Preliminary Rounds" these are 17 players, so should be top 5 to 20, isnt it?

Milky97
03-03-2014, 10:21 AM

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/46610766.jpg

jkk89
03-03-2014, 11:01 AM
Once the tournament is launched, simply win as many Swisses as you can.
Share the Victory screenshots (in accordance with later posted example) in a dedicated thread, which will be created prior to the event's launch.

I dont understand. We suppose to just farm random swissess and taking pictures? And then post like 50 pictures into the forum? Where is the competition?

Also this:

Who will win?
Three most successful contestants will qualify directly into the Swiss Finale.

and

So overall 20 best players will have a shot at prizes, which will be distributed among the 8 best.

So I dont know if I understand this correctly, but "most successfull", "best player" is a person who will submit the highest amount of pictures presenting a win in a random swiss?

Milky97
03-03-2014, 11:05 AM
I dont understand. We suppose to just farm random swissess and taking pictures? And then post like 50 pictures into the forum? Where is the competition?

I guess more top players are supossed to enter swisses that time, since everyone wants to qualify^^

Ipwnfour
03-03-2014, 01:43 PM
Yet another farm tournament, don't count on me. :(

Kinetic_42
03-03-2014, 02:57 PM
Yet another farm tournament, don't count on me. :(

Yea... I only have like 15-20 swiss tickets. Even assuming I win 12-15 of them, I feel like that wouldn't get top 20...

VampFury
03-03-2014, 04:07 PM
Yeah, pretty much what Kinetic said...

Ipwnfour
03-03-2014, 04:11 PM
Yea... I only have like 15-20 swiss tickets. Even assuming I win 12-15 of them, I feel like that wouldn't get top 20...

Yeah, pretty much what Kinetic said...

Tickets aren't the problem, they are fairly cheap. It's time which is the major constraint.

jkk89
03-03-2014, 04:23 PM
Tickets aren't the problem, they are fairly cheap. It's time which is the major constraint.

Yes. Plus its pointless to play swisses now and after bs2. There is no reward or incencitive (U know that its 4 month already since the last expansion?). But most of all I really don't like is the idea of the quantity > quality. Lets say some guy will play 200 swiss and wins 50, and some other guy will play 20 winning them all. Who is "the best player" by the rule of this tournament? Hm?

Bazaltovy
03-03-2014, 06:11 PM
Bitter as always. :kappa:

Uraxor
03-03-2014, 07:24 PM
Different tournaments, different formats.

Moreover though; tough Qualifiers = possibility of big rewards. Compare rewards of BtJ/SO to any other tournament ... how can that be? :eek:

Also, if everyone assumes your approach guys ... I think even a single Swiss win will be enough to get in and then you'll cry hard :p
Anyway, my estimation is about 12 Swiss wins will be enough to get in - that's actually even easier than getting into BtJ.

Let me clarify several important rules, which might answer your worries, at least a little bit:

Screenshots may not be older than 24 hours at the time they are submitted.

This means it will not be possible to stockpile SSs and only post all of them on the last day. Moreover I will be keeping a track of everyone's number of validated SSs - that way you'll know right away how well you are doing and how many more you need to win to remain at Qualifying positions.
~Nope, you don't need to play your games IN 24 hours. You will have those 8 (or so) Swisses to do that [win as many Swisses as needed]; but when you're posting a Screenshot, it can't be older than 24 hours. You will therefore need to be posting them continuously, as you're winning those Swisses. Hope this makes it clear!

Also remember, that

Only players present on the Final Sunday will be taken into account.

That effectively stretches chance to get in to ~t25.
Also, if older players spurn over the Tournament - I'm sure newer ones will greatly appreciate that!

And finally

Swiss Finale will consist of 3 Swiss Rounds.
Prizes will be distributed among the 8 finalists.
The Overlord will be player with most points acquired after these 3 Rounds.

This means that Qualifiers (i.e. screenshot posting) are there 'merely' to select the 8 most successful who will nuke it out in the Swiss Finals for the title. The 3 -most active- will get a 100% of getting in (as they deserved it through their activity - but that definitely does not mean they'll win!), the rest will have to play for remaining 5 spots in the Preliminary Rounds. I'll be posting detailed rules of those later on this week.

And let me wrap up with ..

who said, Swiss rewards after BS2 is out, will remain 5 Towers packs?

Last sentence is in no way connected to Devs, my VIP membership or any other source of confirmed information. It's an interesting question to ask nonetheless.

Uraxor
03-03-2014, 08:14 PM
Oh not to mention you guys can either be offended by the format and not taking part - or buckle up and go take a shot at winning some Gold and fame.

The Tournament will run regardless of your participation - or lack of it. I am sure many will actually appreciate you dropping out, as that will leave more space for them to shine. :cool:

And for the record - yes, I am aware this setup favours those more active. I decided to go with it all the same - so I suggest you do that just so, to make sure that all the Gold is not won by someone who, in your eyes, does not deserve it as he will outclass you in a 'wrong' [in your eyes] aspect of playing the game. [IF we actually accept the premise, that this will be won by the most active players~]

Ipwnfour
03-04-2014, 05:01 PM
Urax0r, I'm sure you understood why I cannot participate (and I'm sure I'm not the only one), even though you seem to point out that it depents on my lack of volition (willpower). Let me clarify for those that value your words more than the words of those that say they will/can not participate:

1) I would like to participate in all tournaments
2) I have constraints so it is impossible to participate in all tournaments
3) Swiss Overlord requires to play a lot to stand a chance in the top 20 ('competition of time')
4) I don't have as much time to compete
5) therefore I cannot join

Anyway, I wish you much luck on organizing this.

Uraxor
03-04-2014, 06:08 PM
I do understand your point MnM, and I'm really sorry you won't be able to make it as I'd love to have you in.

I'm sure we both agree this tournament (as well as the previous one) are aimed at a different kind of competitors - so unfortunately we both will have to roll with both its positive and negative sides.

To explain my PoV - I'm trying to make use of the tools that are at our disposal within the game atm. I also want players to qualify through playing the game, not simply just by signing up. Furthermore I feel that any kind of 'invitational' tournament would do as much harm as it would do good - whom to invite and whom to leave out?
Asking for some ELO? We all know that doesn't make any sense at the moment. Or level? And I can't think of any other in-game way, that wouldn't require time commitment [yet remained selective].
Kinetic's TL had a signup Qualifier, durendal's tournaments do as well - it has both pluses and minuses, too. That's yet another reason why I am trying to make my tournaments different (not to mention I'm hoping % of 'dead souls' will be lower this way).

But I promise, that if after SO there still is need for more player-run tournaments and I have time to organize one, I'll come up with some evil system, that'll let guys like you in as well. Fingers crossed the game will get enhanced enough until then to make it possible :D

One more thing, for those who claim this will be about grinding; let's assume [quality] players pick up on this and go, at least once or twice a day, into a Swiss. Now top player will win 2 out of 3 Swisses - whereas average players will win 1 in 4 [as he's meeting those quality players, also Swissing]... doesn't it still reward the better player, as he needed a lot less time to achieve same position on the SO leaderboard?
Obviously if the [quality] players don't join, then even the average player will be able to win 2 in 3 - and since he has a lot more time to -grind- (typically) than those [quality] players, it'll seem like the Qualifier was about grinding!

LordSimplet
03-06-2014, 09:18 AM
First two weeks after the Base Set 2 is out!

Why not just after the next expansion ?
I don't really want to spend all my swiss tickets for 5T packs and 2 weeks later beeing without any ticket for new expansion packs...

Uraxor
03-06-2014, 09:44 AM
General rules, applicable to all Rounds:
Both Swiss Finals and Preliminary Rounds will take place on one Sunday ('Final Day'), roughly two weeks after Base Set 2 release, date to be determined.
To take part, competitors are asked to submit any number of Swiss Tournament Victory Screenshots (following a later published example) in a dedicated thread (to be created) throughout the Qualifying Period (to be established as soon as Base Set 2 release date is announced) and be present at mmdocking.com/chat/ ('King chat') at requested times:
Preliminary Round 1: 16:00 CET
Preliminary Round 2: 17:00 CET
Preliminary Round 3: 18:00 CET
Swiss Finals: 19:00 CET - 22:00 CET
Times are indicative and competitors should be present at King chat at least 5 minutes prior to the scheduled beginning of their first performance.
In case King chat is unavailable at our time of need, a substitute chat address will be posted in this thread.
Present and registered competitors will then be seeded into Rounds according to number of validated Victory Screenshots they have achieved during the Qualifiers:
(Seedings will be published at 16:00 CET.)
1st - 3rd: Swiss Finals
4th - 7th: Preliminary Round 3
8th - 12th: Preliminary Round 2
13th - 20th: Preliminary Round 1
In case of a documented bug, Custom Swiss Tournament can be restarted once and only before 2nd round of the Swiss begins. Otherwise, tough luck.
Quitting any Custom Swiss Tournament will result into an indefinite ban from any upcoming tournament under my supervision.
Failure to enter assigned Custom Swiss Tournament in time will result into Uraxor -or by him designated substitute- entering the Custom Swiss Tournament and resigning all games he is seeded into.
Highest seeded player in each Round will be asked to create a Custom Swiss Tournament with a password which he will only share with other 7 competitors and the Organizer (Uraxor).
Winner of each Round will be asked to provide Uraxor with a Screenshot of the Custom Swiss Tournament, to enable Uraxor to determine advancing players.
Winner of each Swiss Finals Custom Swiss Tournament will be asked to provide Uraxor with a set of 3 Screenshots - one per each Round of the Custom Swiss Tournament for purposes of possible tiebreakers.
No decklists will be required at any point of the Final Day, however games will be checked for deck restricting rules as stated by individual Rounds.
Casters cannot take part.

Preliminary Round 1:
One (1) Custom Swiss Tournament overseen by Uraxor at King chat.
Base Set 2, HoN cards included decks only.
Each competitor declares his Hero selection to Uraxor; Uraxor then publishes all 8 selected Heroes (without linking them to individual players).
Afterwards competitors will have up to 10 minutes, to finalize their decks.
Winner of Preliminary Round 1 is seeded as 5th competitor into Preliminary Round 3.
2nd - 4th placed competitors are seeded as 6th - 8th competitors into Preliminary Round 2.

Preliminary Round 2:
One (1) Custom Swiss Tournament overseen by Uraxor at King chat and followed by the Spectator mode and Casters.
Each competitor declares his Hero selection to Uraxor; Uraxor then publishes all 8 selected Heroes (without linking them to individual players).
Winner of Preliminary Round 2 is seeded as 4th competitor into Swiss Finals.
2rd - 4th placed competitors are seeded as 6th - 8th competitors into Preliminary Round 3.

Preliminary Round 3:
One (1) Custom Swiss Tournament overseen by Uraxor at King chat and followed by the Spectator mode and Casters.
1st - 4th placed competitors of Preliminary Round 3 are seeded as 5th - 8th competitors into Swiss Finals.

Swiss Finals:
Comprises of three (3) Custom Swiss Tournaments with varying rules overseen by Uraxor at King chat and followed by the Spectator mode and Casters.
Final Top 8 standings will be determined by each player's total Score in these 3 Custom Swiss Tournaments.
Winner of the Swiss Finals will be crowned as the Swiss Overlord.
Tiebreakers: Number of Swiss Finals Custom Swiss Tournaments won. Head to head games throughout all Swiss Finals Custom Swiss Tournaments. Additional best of one (1) Open Format duel with a Hero declaration (into up to 10 minutes of deck preparation).
Formats of individual Swiss Finals Custom Swiss Tournaments may change (this eventuality would be announced prior to Final Day) depending on current situation in game, expansions/re-balancing/etc wise.

First (1st) Custom Swiss Tournament:
Open Format (i.e. all existing cards -HoN cards included- are taken into account).
Each competitor has 5 minutes to submit a secret list of three (3) banned cards.
Any card in the Format is banable, including Heroes.
Failure to submit list within the time limit is considered as if the competitor chose not to ban any card.
Once all competitors have submitted their bans, a compiled list is published.
The compiled list of bans will therefore contain in between 0 and 24 cards.
As a reaction, each competitor submits his Hero selection to Uraxor; Uraxor then publishes all 8 selected Heroes (without linking them to individual players).
Afterwards competitors will have up to 10 minutes, to finalize their decks - any non-banned card is allowed!

Second (2nd) Custom Swiss Tournament:
Rules identical to First Custom Swiss Tournament, except for:
Only Base Set 2, HoN cards included (i.e. Standard Format) cards are allowed.
Number of bans per player is reduced to two (2).

Third (3rd) Custom Swiss Tournament:
Open Format (i.e. all existing cards -HoN cards included- are taken into account).
No bans for the final Round!
Competitors announce their Hero selection to Uraxor straight away; Uraxor then publishes all 8 selected Heroes (without linking them to individual players).
Afterwards competitors will have up to 10 minutes, to finalize their decks - any card is allowed!

tl;dr:
<Kimmundi> "tl;dr: nope, read the rules"
-but because I'm a nice guy-
To compete you'll have to be at King chat for most of the Final Day afternoon-evening (CET).
To advance from Preliminary Round you have to score 4th or better position.
Finals will be 3 Swiss Tournaments with varying rules, including card bans!

@pepegome; hope this answers your question
@Lord; good point... I'll think about that :)

Uraxor
03-16-2014, 02:10 PM
Hantzie created a real pretty banner, you can check it out in my sig - feel free to take it up yourselves!

Stay tuned, as some darn big announcements are coming soon (TMŪ) :D

Uraxor
03-20-2014, 09:04 PM
http://i.imgur.com/1Jiqvmfl.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/bywj2p8ob/)

Missed the Alternate Art in shop? Now's your chance to secure yourself a copy!

Rewards:
Base prize pool of 1.000.000 Gold.
Prize pool is increased by 5.000 Gold per valid Submission. (i.e. per submitted and validated Victory Screenshot.)
Cap is at 200 Submissions.
Therefore maximum prize pool totals incredible 2.000.000 Gold!
There is also a Stretch Goal.
Stretch Goal is activated after 100 further valid Submissions (i.e. 300 valid Submissions in total).
Don't worry, you can keep submitting Screenshots after the Stretch Goal is reached. This is just the minimal number required!
Stretch Goal constitutes of Alternate Cassandra Art for the Swiss Overlord!
We are working very hard at making Alternate Ishuma Art available too, however we cannot guarantee that just yet.
Rewards will be distributed in accordance with the DoC Tournament Rules among the Top 8, whose final standings will be determined through the Swiss Finals (see detailed Rules here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/842952-Swiss-Overlord-Announcement-Thread?p=9562980&viewfull=1#post9562980).)
On top of all the Gold, winner will also be crowned Swiss Overlord and will be awarded the Unique Tournament Winner Banner.

Stay tuned for more details - and get your Swiss skills ready as there was never a better time to crack some Swisses than with Swiss Overlord!

Once again, big thank you to Hantzie, creator of all SO artworks!

Hantziie
03-21-2014, 01:33 AM
You're welcome Uraxor! I loved to work on that poster :D Good luck everyone!

Uraxor
04-03-2014, 09:22 PM
Patch is here! All hail the patch!

Swiss Overlord starts as soon as Heart of Nightmares goes live.
You will have two weeks, until 23. 4. to get in as many victories as you can.
Final Day is on 27. 4.

Quitters Policy - Rules
Revoked. Please find current stance here. (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/842952-Swiss-Overlord-Announcement-Thread?p=9902653&viewfull=1#post9902653)

Hope you guys are excited, because I sure am!

Kinetic_42
04-03-2014, 09:51 PM
Patch is here! All hail the patch!

Swiss Overlord starts as soon as Heart of Nightmares goes live.
You will have two weeks, until 23. 4. to get in as many victories as you can.

Quitters Policy - Rules
A dedicated thread will be created, where players will be allowed to post:
A screenshot of a finished Swiss Tournament played within Swiss Overlord time frame and no older than 24 hours
Where one or several players have only acquired 1 or 2 Points total.
Upon validation of the screenshot, all such players will be given '1 Strike'.
List of names with 'Strikes' will be kept in a 2nd post of the thread.
Upon receiving 3 'Strikes', the player gets disqualified from Swiss Overlord.
:::
You cannot become Swiss Overlord by quitting Swisses!

Hope you guys are excited, because I sure am!

This is an absolutely stupid rule. How can you possibly enforce a game-wide code of conduct on EVERY Swiss game that someone plays in order to compete in this tournament. The rules of Swiss Overlord state that only WINNING a Swiss matters. If win % of Swisses, second place, or anything else mattered they would be rewarded. If this is an attempt to assist players who win 3 games, but because of leavers do not win the Swiss, then award players a SO win for a SS where they win three games but don't win the swiss due to tiebreakers.

Even if this rule were appropriate, it is impossible to fully enforce. Does leaving a Swiss with other SO players really a bigger deal than leaving any other Swiss? Unless you can systematically assure that every SO player is following this rule, penalizing only those "caught" is completely inappropriate.

All this rule does is FURHTER penalize players with limited time availability. If the game does not provide rewards worth staying in a Swiss, that is a fundamental issue with the game. Players should not be further penalized by being forced to play additional, meaningless games.

I propose that this rule be removed. It serve no purpose other than to penalize a minority of players that do not have the time to spend the entire day playing Swisses. This tournament encourages players to be efficient, and sometimes leaving a Swiss is the most efficient use of time and should not be penalized.

trupiciel
04-03-2014, 09:59 PM
baka!

L4t3ralu5
04-03-2014, 11:05 PM
But most of all I really don't like is the idea of the quantity > quality. Lets say some guy will play 200 swiss and wins 50, and some other guy will play 20 winning them all. Who is "the best player" by the rule of this tournament? Hm?

I see what you are saying, but what is the problem here? I mean, there are plenty of top-tier tournaments (Nations Cup, Team League etc.) for the guys at the very top like you. So I say the guy who put in the time to play 200 matches wins this tourney. Of course that doesnt mean he is better than the guy who goes 19/20, but everybody will understand that - and who cares? It's just for creating hype for the new expansion, get people to play, be active, etc.

Not so serious, man ...

sir_z
04-04-2014, 12:13 AM
How have I not seen this before. I love everything about this tournament! Will definitely be swissing in those two weeks, especially if the top players don't change their minds.

trupiciel
04-04-2014, 08:35 AM
My body is ready

http://i.imgur.com/GLmdk89.jpg

sooxTIRED
04-04-2014, 02:15 PM
WTF trupi 104? haha!

Uraxor
04-04-2014, 09:25 PM
Upon further consideration and taking provided feedback into account, I have decided to revoke the Quitters Policy.
However competitors aspiring to the Swiss Overlord title may be subject to random database checks by the Ubisoft Dev Team and if a competitor is discovered to have dropped too many Swiss tournaments in pursuit of the title, he may - and will - get irrevocably banned from Swiss Overlord.
It will be up to the Team to decide the line.

Please, don't drop Swisses unless you absolutely have to. It ruins other players' game experience.
If you happen to lose a Screenshot due to too many quitters, simply write 'Thanks Kinetic' into the submission post. ;)

And yes, I am aware that Swisses aren't ideal in their current shape and form, but we have to make do. The environment is the same for everyone.

LORD-LYNXxx
04-08-2014, 10:47 AM
(...)
To take part, competitors are asked to submit any number of Swiss Tournament Victory Screenshots (following a later published example) in a dedicated thread (to be created) throughout the Qualifying Period (to be established as soon as Base Set 2 release date is announced) and be present at mmdocking.com/chat/ ('King chat') at requested times:
Times are indicative and competitors should be present at King chat at least 5 minutes prior to the scheduled beginning of their first performance.
In case King chat is unavailable at our time of need, a substitute chat address will be posted in this thread.
Present and registered competitors will then be seeded into Rounds according to number of validated Victory Screenshots they have achieved:
(...)

Could U be more clearly?
When players who want join to this tournament should be on chat to register?
Tommorow - when BS2 will come?
Everyday we can register at this time?

What if someone submit screenshots and NOT be on this chat?

And, could U explain reason to be on chat if players will attach screenshots???

TIA

Revalon
04-08-2014, 11:09 AM
Could U be more clearly?
When players who want join to this tournament should be on chat to register?
Tommorow - when BS2 will come?
Everyday we can register at this time?

What if someone submit screenshots and NOT be on this chat?

And, could U explain reason to be on chat if players will attach screenshots???

TIA

I have nothing to do with this but I think i can answer this (of course Uraxor would have to confirm or correct this).

You only have to be in the chat at those times at the day of the tournament itself (which is april 27th iirc).
Submit a screenshot you can whenever you have one as i understood it.
Until the day of the tournament, you won't need to be in the chat ever.

The required presence in the chat at the tournament day should be for organisation and to make sure that there are as less non-playing patticipants as possible (as there always are some in tournaments who sign up and then don't show up for their matches).

As said, i don't claim this to be correct, but it is how i understand it.

PukinggoB
04-08-2014, 11:12 AM
I will swiss too..but unlike trupi I don't have >100 tickets xD

Uraxor
04-09-2014, 03:13 AM
To clarify the question:

There are two parts of the Swiss Overlord.
First, Qualifiers. This is for the two weeks duration, when competitors will try to win as many Swisses as they are able and they will post screenshots in a thread which will be created shortly.

Second, Final Day (27/4, Sun). The 20 best ranking competitors by number of Swisses won (from the ^Qualifiers) will be given chance to nuke it out in the Preliminary Rounds and Swiss Finals (based on their ranking). To take part in the Final Day, you need to be present at King's chat for the whole duration of the event, to be able to join the Swisses as requested. (That's where the schedule comes in.)
If there is a language barrier preventing you from fully understanding the rules, please refer to either your CM or members of mmomcards/mmdoc.ru teams.

Hope this helps. :)

Uraxor
04-09-2014, 08:58 AM
The Submissions thread has now been posted. (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/867942-Swiss-Overlord-Screenshot-Submissions!?p=9908784&viewfull=1#post9908784)

Uraxor
04-15-2014, 07:59 PM
Dear Competitors,
following your excellent reception of the Swiss Overlord, we have decided to add further stretch goals!
Here goes:
500 Submissions: 600.000 Gold from the prize pool will instead be converted to total of 3.000 Seals - that's roughly 1/3 of each top 8 competitor's reward!
750 Submissions: Every competitor who submitted 20 or more valid Screenshots will get to choose one of these Custom Forums Title(s):
Swiss Conqueror
Swiss Fanatic
Swiss Hunter
Once this stretch goal is reached and you reach 20 valid submissions, just send me [Uraxor] PM here on forums, stating your choice, and it will be added to account from which I received your message shortly after the Swiss Overlord is over.
1000 Submissions: 1.000.000 Gold from the prize pool will instead be converted to total of 5.000 Seals - that's 50% of each top 8 competitor's reward!

Happy competing!

npavcec
04-19-2014, 12:57 AM
Uraxor, could you also count the overall wins by factions in the total of submited screenshoots?
At the end, it would be really interesting to see which faction got people most Swiss wins in the tournament.

Uraxor
04-20-2014, 08:37 AM
To be honest, I did not do it for the past hundreds of Screenshots - but I see how can that be interesting. I can try and look into it - if there's a volunteer, definitely PM me!

Bazaltovy
04-21-2014, 08:13 AM
It'd be hard for somebody from outside to calculate, becuase there are lots of invalid submission (multiple screens etc.), so out of the ones that count... I guess only Uraxorm can make it. ;)

jkk89
04-21-2014, 11:53 AM
Take in to account that we are actually playing 3 completely different formats, so I don't think that information about most played faction has a lot of value.

seariously
04-22-2014, 02:42 PM
looks fun

Uraxor
04-23-2014, 08:40 PM
Swiss Overlord qualifiers are now over.
You can still submit Screenshots in next ~23 hours, however these must've been taken prior to this post's date stamp to be validated.

Standings (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/867942-Swiss-Overlord-Screenshot-Submissions!?p=9908785&viewfull=1#post9908785) updated.
Qualifying limit - 22 Screenshots.

You have until tomorrow, Thursday 24. 4., 20:00 CET to PM me should there be any issues with the standings.

Unless a late submission arrives, we have only 1 clash for spots and that it is between UottEvar and Bond2King at 26 Submissions. I would ask you guys to arrange a Open format best of 3 with no bans duel which is due in on Friday at latest. Both of you please PM me the result here.

Also, those just below the Qualifying limit - show up on Sunday as well. In case one or more competitors from the top20 do not show up, we will push the whole Standings and people just below the cut will be allowed in as well.

Once again, please check Final Day rules (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/842952-Swiss-Overlord-Announcement-Thread?p=9562980&viewfull=1#post9562980). For the Swiss Finals you are going to need both Open and Standard decks, ready to be adjusted according to the bans. For Preliminary Rounds Base Set 2 decks suffice (no bans there either).
2 out of 3 rounds of Swiss Finals will have 5 minutes to pick bans, followed by 10 minutes to adjust your decks accordingly and join the custom Swiss. We will not wait, so be ready!

LORD-LYNXxx
04-23-2014, 09:43 PM
Uraxor, Do You think will be any prizes for rest of competitors whom didn't qualified to finals?
Something like consolation prize? :D
ex. 15 seals ;) or half ticket ;) or not finished special banner? ;)

Uraxor
04-23-2014, 10:58 PM
All formats INCLUDE HoN EXPANSION.

Lynx; I'm afraid the Forums Title was everyone's shot at consolation prize. :nonchalance:

TaekmDoc
04-24-2014, 03:27 AM
All formats INCLUDE HON EXPANSION.

So....what does that mean?

Uraxor
04-24-2014, 08:03 AM
Where is written Base set 2 only -> it's BS2 + HoN.
Where is written All cards -> all cards, HoN included.

Since that information was posted before HoN announcement, it could get confusing. Not sure what is unclear about that sentence...

Allinim
04-24-2014, 12:33 PM

If i'm qualified for the preliminary round 2, do i have to be the for the registration or is it ok if i come at 16:55 CET ?

Uraxor
04-24-2014, 08:31 PM
Final standings:

1. diplomacia - 54 - Swiss Conqueror
2. pawel999k - 50 - Swiss Conqueror
3. MnM_vs_Smarties - 45
_____^Finals^______
4. jkkk89 - 44
5. sooxTIRED - 41
6. hectoring - 40
7. Lord_Simplet - 36 - Swiss Hunter
_____^Preliminary Round 3^______
8. ib700 - 31 - Swiss Fanatic
9. mazsparrow - 29 - Swiss Hunter
10. WildWushu - 27 - Swiss Fanatic
11. Allinim - 27 - Swiss Conqueror
12. UottEvar - 26 - Swiss Hunter
_____^Preliminary Round 2^______
13. Bond2King - 26 (after losing a bo3 to UottEvar)
14. avkall - 25
--. TaeDoCkm - 25
--. wouter2007 - 25 - Swiss Conqueror
--. sevis2004 - 25 - Swiss Conqueror
18. enlite - 24
--. IRock_n_Roller - 24
20. bazaltovy - 22 - Swiss Hunter
_____^Preliminary Round 1^______
Nillicomes - 21
Mitch.sp - 20 - Swiss Conqueror
xX-St0rmSt4r-Xx - 20
Lisiczka1 - 16
KillVirgins - 16
raca28 - 15
hergrir - 14
brainfishs - 14
grimmordi - 13
marko89511 - 12
tongkill - 12
Innovation_ - 10
eViperF2 - 10
SpixPL - 9
UpiornyRycerz - 9
SoilBurn - 9
Jayrodocavaco - 9
Kinetic_42 - 8
sebouboubry - 7
Zmajoubica - 7
Mitch.sp - 6
mangol6666 - 6
npavcec - 5
ValsRahl - 5
seariously - 5
qooobal - 4
UottEvar - 4
ApopTaSe - 4
sir_z - 3
Lord-LYNX - 3
tatsumasaf - 2
Lactil - 2
Izachiel - 1
Enclase - 1
z3r0_clay - 1
GargaZm - 1

Allinim - you can ask for an exception; send me a PM here with explanation and you'll be able to come only as your Round begins. Downside is, that if you don't show up, you'll get banned from all my future tournaments. So please be responsible.

Bond2King and UottEvar - please make sure you can play your Open format (no bans) Best of 3 prior to tomorrow evening and PM me the results in here. Thanks.
EDIT: following received information, UottEvar claimed 12th position!

Allinim
04-24-2014, 08:33 PM
Don't worry, i was just wondering because i didn't at what time i'd be available, but everything's settle now. I'll be there ;)

Uraxor
04-24-2014, 10:58 PM
When?
Sunday 27. 4., 17:00 CET

Where?
Duel of Champions official channel! (http://www.twitch.tv/duelofchampions)
For French and Russian - please check with your streamers to get all the details!

Who?
Uraxor
Rancord
Tyrion
...and the 20 most successful Swiss competitors, including some of the very best Duel of Champions players!
MnM_vs_Smarties
Jkkk89
hectoring
avkall
bazaltovy
etc.!

Don't forget to tune in!

Ipwnfour
04-25-2014, 04:05 PM
First (1st) Custom Swiss Tournament:
Each competitor has 5 minutes to submit a secret list of three (3) banned cards.

The compiled list of bans will therefore contain in between 0 and 18 cards.

A calculation mistake or a mistake in my understanding? (18 should be 24?)

Uraxor
04-26-2014, 11:51 AM
A calculation mistake or a mistake in my understanding? (18 should be 24?)

My bad indeed, with 8 players in Swiss it of course is 24. Gonna fix it.

Uraxor
04-27-2014, 02:17 PM
Due to unforeseen complications, stream will happen at Tyrion's channel. (http://www.twitch.tv/tyrion137)
Thanks for your understanding.

TaekmDoc
04-27-2014, 03:47 PM
Prelim 3:

http://lpix.org/1665500/swiss.png

mazsparrow
04-27-2014, 05:01 PM
http://images62.fotosik.pl/920/a523db06c0bf5bc7.jpg

Uraxor
04-27-2014, 10:46 PM
Final results:

To be found here! (tinyurl.com/sofinals)

Swiss Overlord: DIPLOMACIA
Runner-Up: pawel999k
3rd place: hectoring

Swiss ONE
(Open format, 3 bans per player)

1. diplomacia - Ishuma
2. pawel999k - Takana
3. MnM_vs_Smarties - Garant
4. mazsparrow - Garant
5. Bond2King - Garant
6. jkkk89 - Myranda
7. IRock_n_Roller - Myranda
8. hectoring - Garant

R1
**pawel x diplomacia
**mazsparrow x jkkk
**hectoring x bond2king
**IRock x MnM

R2
**Bond2King x MnM
**diplomacia x jkkk8
**IRock x hectoring
**mazsparrow x pawel

R3
**pawel x bond2king
**hectoring x diplomacia
**MnM x jkkk
**mazsparrow x IRock

Swiss TWO
(Standard format, two bans per player)

1. diplomacia - Matewa
2. pawel999k - Kat
3. MnM_vs_Smarties - Acamas
4. mazsparrow - Acamas
5. Bond2King - Acamas
6. jkkk89 - Acamas
7. IRock_n_Roller - Kat
8. hectoring - Acamas

R1
mazsparrow x **pawel
**jkkk x hectoring
**IRock x Bond2King
**diplomacia x MnM

R2
IRock x **pawel
**mazsparrow x Bond2King
**diplomacia v jkkk89
hectoring x **MnM

R3
mazsparrow x **MnM
**diplomacia x pawel
**IRock x jkkk89
**Bond2King x hectoring

Swiss THREE
(Open format, no bans)

1. diplomacia - Cassandra
2. pawel999k - Hakeem
3. MnM_vs_Smarties - Hakeem
4. mazsparrow - Cassandra
5. Bond2King - Cassandra
6. jkkk89 - xxxx
7. IRock_n_Roller - Ignatius
8. hectoring - Deleb

R1
**MnM x diplomacia
mazsparrow x **hectoring
**Bond2King x IRock
**pawel x drab (free win)

R2
**IRock x drab (free win)
**hectoring x MnM
Bond2King x **pawel
**diplomacia x mazsparrow

R3
pawel999 x **hectoring
Bond2King x **MnM
**diplomacia x IRock
**mazsparrow x drab (free win)

Final standings:
diplomacia 7+15+11 = 33
pawel999k 11+11+11 = 33
hectoring 11+3+15 = 29
mazsparrow 15+7+7 = 29
IRock_n_Roller 11+11+7 = 29
MnM_vs_Smarties 7+11+11 = 29
Bond2King 7+7+7 = 21
jkkk89 3+7+ xxx

Tiebreakers:
Number of Swiss Finals Custom Swiss Tournaments won. Head to head games throughout all Swiss Finals Custom Swiss Tournaments. Additional best of one (1) Open Format duel with a Hero declaration (into up to 10 minutes of deck preparation).

Congratulations to all competitors for the huge effort everyone put in!

Uraxor
04-27-2014, 11:30 PM
Official English stream recording to be found here. (http://www.twitch.tv/tyrion137/b/523649955)

As for the replays, players were/are uploading them to mmdoc King on individual basis, so just check their nicks!

hectoring
04-28-2014, 02:18 PM
Uraxor: in your results thread: Swiss TWO is actually Swiss THREE; R2 IRock vs drab should be IRock vs jkkk (free win); Swiss THREE should be Swiss TWO with corrrected heroes (acamas, matewa, kat).

Uraxor
05-19-2014, 10:36 PM
With a slight delay - sorry about that - prizes have now been credited, as follows:

diplomacia:
Swiss Overlord title
In Game Unique banner
Alternate Art of Cassie Dearie
300.000 Gold
750 Seals

pawel999k
255.000 Gold
500 Seals

hectoring
175.000 Gold
400 Seals