PDA

View Full Version : Open Letter to UbiSoft

Talondariel
02-28-2014, 11:46 PM
Hello Gentleman and Ladies of UbiSoft,

Let me start off by saying that by any reasonable definition, I'm a well-adjusted, normal adult. I'm 48 years old and have been a gamer for many years. I'm a considerate person who doesn't fly off the handle or engage (normally) in online rants. That said, I wanted to send this message to you and the people responsible for Assassin's Creed 3.

From the bugs that are still in place over a year after release, to the absolutely moronic (I honestly can't think of words to more accurately describe my withering contempt for this) implementation of lockpicking, this game has been a complete bust. My enjoyment of the things you've done right, and they are many, is completely overshadowed by the things you've done wrong. After spending the last 15 minutes, and I'm talking about a full, measurable 15 actual minutes attempting to pick a lock on a chest, (which, FYI, remains locked) I just felt I had to come here and vent.

I've been looking forward for a long time to finally getting this game, and now, less than a week after its purchase, I'm ready to quit, not just this game, but the entire series. There's not a chance in hell at this point that you will see another dime from me. I'll certainly not be buying Black Flag, and I'm seriously considering just issuing a personal boycott against any of your titles. Anyone can make a mistake, but the fact that things like the convoy bug have still not been addressed after all this time is just inexcusable.

Consider me an ex-customer.

YazX_
03-01-2014, 12:15 AM
Chill man, no need for this, its just a game, yes the game has issues and the lock picking is too much annoying, but all of those have been passed as feedback so you wont find such things in AC4, actually AC4 has the best chest looting system, one button press and you are done.

AC is a software and there is no bugs free software, yes i agree that those should be addressed and worked on, Ubisoft support policies towards AC are just not right and frustrating, they ditch the support on the game after 3-4 months and never fix all reported issues and bugs especially MP.

just try to play the game to have fun, if lock picking is making you furious, just let it go and get back to it when relaxed or just leave it be, it wont affect the story line of the game.

dsmith71
03-01-2014, 02:46 AM
I was wondering if you use a hand controller. I used to play all the AC games using my keyboard until I bought a Logitech hand controller (similar to Playstation) and even the annoying lockpick thing was easier.

Talondariel
03-01-2014, 02:53 AM
I was wondering if you use a hand controller. I used to play all the AC games using my keyboard until I bought a Logitech hand controller (similar to Playstation) and even the annoying lockpick thing was easier.

Nope, use keyboard and mouse. That's the problem. A mouse doesn't move on an exact X Y grid, making it frustrating to say the least to manipulate the locks. Never liked console games. Haven't owned one since about 1980 and don't see myself starting now. Hate hand controllers. Makes me feel like I'm playing some lame console. I'm a computer gamer. Man, I seem really angry. Guess this stupid lockpicking just has me frustrated. Doesn't help that I have a sinus headache. I'm really a nice guy :P Disregard all this.

Fatal-Feit
03-01-2014, 12:25 PM
It frustrates me quite a lot too so I understand if you're pissed. The most I can do is tell you stop, walk away, eat some ice cream for 5 minutes to let your hands cool off, then come back and try again. That or buy yourself a controller anyway.

I recommend the rock candy 360 controllers. They come with a USB adapter, doesn't require charging, feels more responsive than the original controllers, and they're cheap. --about $20-30ish

adventurewomen
03-01-2014, 01:15 PM
The Xbox 360 controller for windows works the best for AC games, from my experience.

dsmith71
03-02-2014, 01:03 AM
You may be right but I don't have any issues with the Logitech F310 game-pad so it will do for now. I do have issues with uplay and all these download speed and connection problems. SORT IT OUT UBISOFT AND STOP TAKING YOUR CUSTOMERS FOR GRANTED.