PDA

View Full Version : 25+ Hours to Download?

silentstalker
02-28-2014, 10:26 PM
So, I got myself a GTX 770, and it came with three free games, figures two of them are off of Uplay...

The download speeds are just...wrong... I have around 100mbs for my internet speed...AC is downloading at 50-300kbs...it says its going to take 25-30 hours to download...

I called tech support, they just told me to play with the set download speed on uplay, it made no difference. Basically all he told me was others were having problems too and he will tell the company...so basically I have to deal with it?

The only reason I am even using Uplay is because they were free, so now my only option is to leave my computer running for over a day to download a game...

Does anyone know a way to fix this? Normally on steam and Origin I get as high as 2-3mbs

It figures that the ONE weekend I have nearly no homework to do (as a college student this is rare) I can't even play a game I want to...

silentstalker
02-28-2014, 11:28 PM
Anyone?

silentstalker
03-01-2014, 12:18 AM
So, now its going all over the place. It will go to 1.1mbs for five minutes then down to 200kbs for five minutes and back and forth...

YazX_
03-01-2014, 12:18 AM
this is known issue with UPlay, you cannot fix it, it has been reported and official word is they are working on improving download speeds but yet people still complaining as its not entirely fixed.

anyway, you can go to UPlay settings, Download tab, there is bandwidth usage slider, try to set it to some value instead of none and see if it makes a difference

dsmith71
03-01-2014, 02:39 AM
this is known issue with UPlay, you cannot fix it, it has been reported and official word is they are working on improving download speeds but yet people still complaining as its not entirely fixed.

anyway, you can go to UPlay settings, Download tab, there is bandwidth usage slider, try to set it to some value instead of none and see if it makes a difference

The slider came out with the latest update but since that update uplay wont connect to ubisoft at all for me so no idea if it works. All I can say is if you have a problem connecting or slow download speeds (I did before the latest update see my thread on this) then contact support and complain, complain, complain.

dsmith71
03-01-2014, 02:42 AM
Just wanted to add that I have not been able to patch this game due to slow download/no connection for 21 days now. How the CEO of ubisoft sleeps at night I dont know - very well I suppose in his solid gold king size bed.

silentstalker
03-01-2014, 03:14 AM
Just wanted to add that I have not been able to patch this game due to slow download/no connection for 21 days now. How the CEO of ubisoft sleeps at night I dont know - very well I suppose in his solid gold king size bed.

Now I am getting a popup every hour saying I lost connection to Uplay...and it stops the download...looks like I wont be able to sleep with the computer on tonight because its going to keep stopping the download...god ubisoft sucks

Also, I did call ubisoft, the guy told me they have had a lot of complaints and are working on it...he didn't seem to give a ****...

silentstalker
03-01-2014, 03:46 AM
I am getting this now like every fkin 30 min"failed to start download"

seville57
03-01-2014, 09:20 AM
I had the same download problem with "Might & Magic X Legacy" same days ago.

FreakyVirus5
03-02-2014, 01:18 AM
You are not alone. I cannot even get the game to download. I get "connection failed...." BS Mine came free with GTX 780Ti card. I would rather pay for a game that works than have to try and download something that does not.

dominik775
03-03-2014, 07:48 PM
I'm not sure what they can do, but when I try and download the game, I get DDos attacked. It has never happened to me before. Not sure how they trace back to my ip but it only happens when using uplay. If you want to see my router logs will be glad to post them.

pittbull4200
03-04-2014, 05:03 PM
So, I got myself a GTX 770, and it came with three free games, figures two of them are off of Uplay...

The download speeds are just...wrong... I have around 100mbs for my internet speed...AC is downloading at 50-300kbs...it says its going to take 25-30 hours to download...

I called tech support, they just told me to play with the set download speed on uplay, it made no difference. Basically all he told me was others were having problems too and he will tell the company...so basically I have to deal with it?

The only reason I am even using Uplay is because they were free, so now my only option is to leave my computer running for over a day to download a game...

Does anyone know a way to fix this? Normally on steam and Origin I get as high as 2-3mbs

It figures that the ONE weekend I have nearly no homework to do (as a college student this is rare) I can't even play a game I want to...

Took over 30+ hours for me @ maxed capped 700kbps on DSL the server constantly lost connection while downloading, I only have one provider here so not much to about the speed just for the 6mb DSL I have to dish out $84 a month no phone or anything.

NOTE: I also got my game with my new EVGA gfx card may be the way they have it setup.

dsmith71
03-05-2014, 06:38 AM
Ubisoft has a server that cannot cope and they wont admit it.

agentORNJ
06-30-2014, 11:49 PM
My download speed (tested 5 minutes ago) is 50 MB/S. Uplay is currently download at 300 KB/S. KB!!

Why?

Because Ubisoft already has your business, and they don't care. If they did, it wouldn't be like this..

If this WatchDogs game wasn't free, I wouldn't be getting it. It looks pretty cool, but I don't like being sh*t on, and UbiSoft is sh*tting on us.