PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed II : Problem with no fullscreen and crashing after ALT-TAB'ing.

Sdwakias
02-27-2014, 02:39 PM
I installed Assassin's Creed II on my Windows 8.1 because I wanted to replay the game after many years, but I have a problem I never had when I bought and played it years ago, when I launch the game, it doesn't enter in fullscreen. What it first does is launching the game in fullscreen (1920x1080), and shows a black screen with a little white screen (probably with 720p resolution), after that it becomes a windowed mode with 1920x1080 resolution.... I then tried to Alt-tab, but it crashed... I searched on the internet and someone said that it tries to launch the game in Directx 10 but it can't, and to launch the game with the Directx 9 version from the instalation folder, and while I didn't find any different version of the launcher besides the Assassin's Creed II.exe and Assassin's Creed II Game.exe, I tried the to see if something happens, and it has no problem at all (fullscreen and no crashing), but I wonder if this is because it launches the game on Directx9 or not, and I want to be sure I use Directx 10, even if it doesn't really matter much.

YazX_
02-27-2014, 03:55 PM
i believe AC2 only supports Dx9, anyway Navigate to this folder:

C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Ubisoft\Assassin's Creed 2

open file Assassin2.ini and add this line at the top if its not there:

[Graphics]

and set the resolution also by changing DisplayWidth and DisplayHeight properties , save and launch the game and check if that solved the problem.

Anyway, have you tried to press ALT + ENTER to go full screen instead of windowed?

Sdwakias
02-27-2014, 08:05 PM
i believe AC2 only supports Dx9, anyway Navigate to this folder:

C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Ubisoft\Assassin's Creed 2

open file Assassin2.ini and add this line at the top if its not there:

[Graphics]

and set the resolution also by changing DisplayWidth and DisplayHeight properties , save and launch the game and check if that solved the problem.

Anyway, have you tried to press ALT + ENTER to go full screen instead of windowed?

I see. Well, I tried to change the settings, but nothing happened. And ALT + ENTER didn't really do anything.

Well, I guess it's fine, I can still play the game normaly if I launch it from the game folder.