PDA

View Full Version : did this survey in 2011 that lead to victorian london being the next setting rumours

Radman500
02-27-2014, 01:00 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/378271-Survey-on-future-Assassin-s-Creed-locations-POLL-Forums

Victorian London won by a pretty good marigin

it doesnt mean anything...but still important

LoyalACFan
02-27-2014, 01:23 AM
The supposed leak said it's been in development for a little over two years, so 2011 would be about right...

This is far from a confirmation, but literally EVERYTHING is pointing to Victorian England...

Reptilis91
02-27-2014, 01:29 AM
but literally EVERYTHING is pointing to Victorian England...

Eh lol ? There is absolutly nothing...

Dome500
02-27-2014, 01:31 AM

Well, not nothing. But nothing solid so far.
It's all pretty wonky and blured this year....

LoyalACFan
02-27-2014, 01:32 AM

You evidently haven't been around much the last few days. Nothing official has leaked, but lots of unofficial things have, from various relatively reputable sources, and it's all pointing directly at Victorian London.

Reptilis91
02-27-2014, 01:45 AM
"Various relatively reputable sources" are just relaying what they see.

Like Great Fall for exemple.

LoyalACFan
02-27-2014, 02:01 AM
"Various relatively reputable sources" are just relaying what they see.

Like Great Fall for example.

But Great Fall (and this Desert Son thing) were just one screen that could easily be faked with a few minutes of Photoshop, whereas London has a few different things going for it. First, the main character was named and detailed, which is unusual for a fake. Second, the press release leaked in two different languages, a troll wouldn't do that. Third, that poster from AC Chile (which has a VERY good track record for leaking genuine material) released a poster of AC5 with a smokestack and St. Paul's Cathedral in the background. Fourth, Victorian London was at the lead (by far) in the official company poll of possible settings in 2011, right when development on the Sam Fey game was alleged to have begun.

Individually these things wouldn't mean all that much, but combined they make a pretty compelling case. Not to mention that the poster and press release were both leaked on the same day.

Vinyl Scratches
02-27-2014, 02:11 AM
I'd just like to point out that the one that was one vote away from being the lowest voted suggestion was also the one that was released the following year.

(The confrontation between British colonists and native Americans during The American Revolution)

I wouldn't take this poll to heart too much, but who knows. Ubisoft can be sneaky.

LoyalACFan
02-27-2014, 02:12 AM
I'd just like to point out that the one that was one vote away from being the lowest voted suggestion was also the one that was released the following year.

(The confrontation between British colonists and native Americans during The American Revolution)

I wouldn't take this poll to heart too much, but who knows. Ubisoft can be sneaky.

It would have already been in development, they weren't going to cancel it just because it got low votes. IMO the "sneaky" part was including it in the poll at all...

Vinyl Scratches
02-27-2014, 02:18 AM
It would have already been in development, they weren't going to cancel it just because it got low votes. IMO the "sneaky" part was including it in the poll at all...

Oh, of course. I understand that games take time to develop. I'm just saying, the one that was released wasn't even close to the one that was the most desired at the time. So they might not release a game just because we all think it's a good idea. Ubisoft will still do what Ubisoft wants to do.

DumbGamerTag94
02-27-2014, 02:32 AM
I'd like to point out that it doesn't say Victorian "London" specifically. It says "The mighty British Empire". Everyone keeps talking like it would be set only in London like Brotherhood with Rome. If you can travel to other parts of the Empire to create a great story that I can get behind, plus that would make sense since there probably will be naval side missions like AC3. Maybe other Cities in the Empire will be featured like Mumbi, Hong Kong, or Cape Town along with London? That would be a very impressive game and leaves so much room for deeper stories. The wording of the Survey hints at more than just London and it sounds awesome.

LoyalACFan
02-27-2014, 02:43 AM
Oh, of course. I understand that games take time to develop. I'm just saying, the one that was released wasn't even close to the one that was the most desired at the time. So they might not release a game just because we all think it's a good idea. Ubisoft will still do what Ubisoft wants to do.

Of course, but why put out a poll like this if they didn't intend to use the results in some fashion...?

Vinyl Scratches
02-27-2014, 02:49 AM
Of course, but why put out a poll like this if they didn't intend to use the results in some fashion...?

I'm sure that the results will be used. But again repeating myself, their past releases haven't always been what was wanted. So even if Victorian England did get the most votes, they may pick one that had a few less, or even one that wasn't on this poll at all. Peoples' wants change, especially over the time of three years. I would love for another of these polls to be made recently to see if the popular votes have stayed the same, of course with a few changed options (Not many people would want another Native American vs. British game).

Dome500
02-27-2014, 02:49 AM
Agreed with both of you.

On the one hand that poll could really mean something.
On the other hand it might as well be something unrelated.

I also have to agree that it's possible that we have multiple settings within the British Empire (therefore also the Commonwealth).
That would be truly awesome.

shobhit7777777
02-27-2014, 06:28 AM
India

pacmanate
02-27-2014, 02:18 PM
But Great Fall (and this Desert Son thing) were just one screen that could easily be faked with a few minutes of Photoshop, whereas London has a few different things going for it. First, the main character was named and detailed, which is unusual for a fake. Second, the press release leaked in two different languages, a troll wouldn't do that. Third, that poster from AC Chile (which has a VERY good track record for leaking genuine material) released a poster of AC5 with a smokestack and St. Paul's Cathedral in the background. Fourth, Victorian London was at the lead (by far) in the official company poll of possible settings in 2011, right when development on the Sam Fey game was alleged to have begun.

Individually these things wouldn't mean all that much, but combined they make a pretty compelling case. Not to mention that the poster and press release were both leaked on the same day.

Do you not remember those GTAV "leaks". They had character profiles and everything and they turned out to be fake.

A lot of leaks for GTA stemmed from each other. For example, say one person makes a leak with time period and protag. Some other person then makes a second "leak" with the same Time period and different protag.

Basically, anyone can fake anything. Just cause a leak is "detailed", it doesnt make it true and GTAV is a prime example.

MasterAssasin84
02-27-2014, 06:21 PM
Well according to this http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/assassins-creed-5-set-during-industrial-revolution-england-1438169

And many other news reports that have been released onto the internet Russia and London are hot contenders !

This one was quite recent too.

oO_Sovereign_Oo
02-27-2014, 06:39 PM
THIS IS JUST A QUESTION NOT FUEL FOR AN ARGUMENT OK. why are the bad guys nearly all spanish or british????

LoyalACFan
02-27-2014, 07:13 PM
THIS IS JUST A QUESTION NOT FUEL FOR AN ARGUMENT OK. why are the bad guys nearly all spanish or british????

Because England and Spain were the two primary colonial forces in the Caribbean, and they controlled the major cities we visited in AC4?

Dome500
02-27-2014, 08:14 PM
Because England and Spain were the two primary colonial forces in the Caribbean, and they controlled the major cities we visited in AC4?

this.

World Powers.

England, Spain, Europe in general.

A lot of European countries were major powers some time throughout history. That's just how it is.

oO_Sovereign_Oo
02-27-2014, 09:24 PM
Yeah but so did these boys -
The French colonial empire was constituted of the overseas colonies, protectorates and mandate territories that came under French rule from the 17th century onward. In rivalry with England, France began to establish colonies in North America, the Caribbean, and India, following the Portuguese and Spanish successes during the Age of Discovery.

STDlyMcStudpants
02-27-2014, 09:37 PM
#1 Reason why it HAS to be set in Victorian England.

This woman (I dont know her name or role, she worked on the original ac though) said that it would be set in her favorite time period.
Women only have 2 favorite time periods.
1 - 1950s
and
2 - Victorian London
Case closed.

LoyalACFan
02-27-2014, 09:43 PM
#1 Reason why it HAS to be set in Victorian England.

This woman (I dont know her name or role, she worked on the original ac though) said that it would be set in her favorite time period.
Women only have 2 favorite time periods.
1 - 1950s
and
2 - Victorian London
Case closed.

Do you ever say anything that isn't somehow offensive?

LoyalACFan
02-27-2014, 09:47 PM
Yeah but so did these boys -
The French colonial empire was constituted of the overseas colonies, protectorates and mandate territories that came under French rule from the 17th century onward. In rivalry with England, France began to establish colonies in North America, the Caribbean, and India, following the Portuguese and Spanish successes during the Age of Discovery.

They focused mainly on Spain and England in AC4 probably because they controlled Havana and Kingston. Then Freedom Cry took place in a French colony, so the enemies were all French.

Plus, I think the British and Spanish were just a lot more powerful than any other imperial power in the region. Spain sure was.

STDlyMcStudpants
02-27-2014, 09:58 PM
lmaooo go cry bro

Hans684
02-27-2014, 10:02 PM
They focused mainly on Spain and England in AC4 probably because they controlled Havana and Kingston. Then Freedom Cry took place in a French colony, so the enemies were all French.

Plus, I think the British and Spanish were just a lot more powerful than any other imperial power in the region. Spain sure was.

Ubisoft had the coding(or whatever you call it) for the British and Spanish for AC3 and AC[3] Liberation. Then they made Black Flag, who had them both, so the coding didn't gett thrown away. So the possibly of a French AC is there becouse of Black Flag, are they going to trow it away for a new era or use it in the future?

Dome500
02-27-2014, 10:41 PM
Ubisoft had the coding(or whatever you call it) for the British and Spanish for AC3 and AC[3] Liberation. Then they made Black Flag, who had them both, so the coding didn't gett thrown away. So the possibly of a French AC is there becouse of Black Flag, are they going to trow it away for a new era or use it in the future?

I'd save the concepts but throw everything else away.

It's time for a fresh start...

(only my opinion of course)

LoyalACFan
02-27-2014, 10:43 PM
lmaooo go cry bro

Jesus, you and your freshman frat boy mentality...

Hans684
02-27-2014, 10:49 PM
I'd save the concepts but throw everything else away.

Sounds reasonable.

It's time for a fresh start...

Are sure about that? I mean the fact that Desmond is dead gives a new start while opening doors who where closed becouse of him, his story & his arc. As much as I agree on a fresh start, you should be careful about what you wish for.

(only my opinion of course)

I know and I respect it.

STDlyMcStudpants
02-27-2014, 10:57 PM
Jesus, you and your freshman frat boy mentality...

Do you even lift?

Dome500
02-27-2014, 11:34 PM
Are sure about that? I mean the fact that Desmond is dead gives a new start while opening doors who where closed becouse of him, his story & his arc. As much as I agree on a fresh start, you should be careful about what you wish for.

Yeah I am sure.

With "fresh start" I mean: Different setting, different time, new combat mechanics, heavily improved stealth (social stealth AND LoS (bushes, etc.) Stealth) and improved (and
de-simplified) climbing.

Fresh start.

Old concepts, everything else new or strongly improved. This is ******* next gen people. ;)

Farlander1991
02-28-2014, 09:18 AM

The only part of the coding that has anything to do with the enemy nationality is that tells which models to load. Coding itself is indiscriminate to all nations :p You just say what enemies and different types of enemies do, not what they are.

And AC3, AC3L, AC4 and AC4FC all have different models for English/French/Spanish (uhm... though where are there Spanish in AC3? O_o ) due to different locations and time periods, so no reason for Ubi to reuse them unless they revisit said locations at appropriate time periods.

Fatal-Feit
02-28-2014, 09:44 AM
(uhm... though where are there Spanish in AC3? O_o )

I'm assuming they were who we fought against in the Caribbean.

Hans684
02-28-2014, 12:10 PM
(uhm... though where are there Spanish in AC3? O_o )

No, there is Spanish in Liberation. The game with Aveline.

Mr_Shade
02-28-2014, 12:35 PM
I have edited the thread title.. to make sure people know this is rumour and speculation - and not official...

oO_Sovereign_Oo
02-28-2014, 02:53 PM

Some people just don't develope any sense till later in life which is probably when they leave there mums basement

STDlyMcStudpants
02-28-2014, 06:27 PM
Some people just don't develope any sense till later in life which is probably when they leave there mums basement

That awkward moment when I OWN 30+ acres...
I have a sense of humor...I dont feel the need to try and white knight myself to feel good about who I am. ;)
#ThatNonInsecureLife
Life is so much more beautiful when you take offense to NOTHING.
If I get to you, simply check yourself...
Clean your own mirror. ;)

ACfan443
02-28-2014, 10:14 PM
That awkward moment when I OWN 30+ acres...

http://punitjajo.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/we-have-a-badass-over-here.jpg

oO_Sovereign_Oo
03-01-2014, 02:33 PM
http://punitjajo.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/we-have-a-badass-over-here.jpg

lmfao