PDA

View Full Version : HMS Fearless and Royal Sovereign

playlisting
02-25-2014, 10:52 PM
I was playing it recently and it drove me insane. I used every possible thing I could think of but in the end I just used chain shot and rammed the crap out of them until they both sank. This brings me onto their ramming ability. It was ridiculously over powered in my opinion. As far as I know you can't even dodge it. As soon as you hear that they've set a course for you, you're pretty much done. If I have 1 and a half bars of health I shouldn't be killed by a single ram. I have my Jackdaw fully upgraded in weapons and armour so good luck to anyone trying this mission with anything less. After I sunk one ship, the other would circle me not even allowing me to get a broadside off while it hits the crap out of me with cannon fire and when they're both alive, they funnel me into the middle and I get absolutely destroyed even when bracing and they're both firing at the same time.

Anyone else find this mission infuriating?

byte_x
02-26-2014, 01:11 AM
ok, first of all, bracing doesnt mean anything, i dont even brace, because people dodging doesnt make much significance to whether ship gets hurt or not. so bracing isnt a problem.

second of all, those ships are extremely hardcore, so it wont be a walk in park, at least two of them, el imputo and the twin ships, i had no problem with others using speed and ramming. but remember, their purpose was to obviously get people mad. "lets make people beat up level 75 MoWs in a little brig!!", what a nice idea that is.

and third of all, those twin ships' ramming capability isnt even a thing when compared to el imputos speed and ramming. you will get even madder, and i mean way madder. because unlike other ships, el imputo>jackdaw. you cant escape el imputo, and instead of complaining about how OP those twin ships are, you should complain about el imputo instead. it took me like 7 (30 mins) tries with twin ships, 1 and 3 tries (10 mins total) on the other mortar-using ships, and like a million tries (2 hours) with el imputo. im not good at ship stuff, but i could do it at the end. so, have fun!! :) (you will not)

playlisting
02-26-2014, 06:15 PM
ok, first of all, bracing doesnt mean anything, i dont even brace, because people dodging doesnt make much significance to whether ship gets hurt or not. so bracing isnt a problem.

second of all, those ships are extremely hardcore, so it wont be a walk in park, at least two of them, el imputo and the twin ships, i had no problem with others using speed and ramming. but remember, their purpose was to obviously get people mad. "lets make people beat up level 75 MoWs in a little brig!!", what a nice idea that is.

and third of all, those twin ships' ramming capability isnt even a thing when compared to el imputos speed and ramming. you will get even madder, and i mean way madder. because unlike other ships, el imputo>jackdaw. you cant escape el imputo, and instead of complaining about how OP those twin ships are, you should complain about el imputo instead. it took me like 7 (30 mins) tries with twin ships, 1 and 3 tries (10 mins total) on the other mortar-using ships, and like a million tries (2 hours) with el imputo. im not good at ship stuff, but i could do it at the end. so, have fun!! :) (you will not)

I didn't find the El Impoluto to be as hard as these ships. I just spammed broadside, heavy shot and swivel guns and it went down relatively easily. This mission was by far and away the hardest mission I've ever done on this game.

ACLexter
02-27-2014, 12:10 AM
I actually find these twin difficult rathan than the el impuluto. I ha multiple tries before I even sunk the two.

These two are mad, and when you defeated the first, the other will will become insane and start ramming yiu with extrem power and their broadside shots will do massive damage too.

heres a tip, dont get caught in the middle of the two, focus on the first one. try the chase cannon to slow it down and mortal then ram it. if you have a chance for a heavy cannon do it, always try to be behind it. these two has less health than el impoluto if you will notice. as soon as it reach more or less %10 health. leave it be and focus on the second one, do the same tactics. This time sink it. now the only one left is the first one with %10 health. one heavy broadsode canon is enough to sink it. just be careful.

goodluck

jpm01
03-02-2014, 12:41 AM
these rare ships are very hard to take down . i eat toughtest pirate hunters fleets like nothing but still couldn't take any of these ships down . even the dama negra which seems to be the weakest of them , i get it down to middle but its mortars rain sink me each time http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b264/jpm1/Emoticons/13.gif (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/jpm1/media/Emoticons/13.gif.html)

byte_x
03-02-2014, 03:58 AM
for those mortar ships (the ones at South) i didnt see any difference, i use ramming the most. i see most people prefering to use their cannons rather than closing in, but you cant keep focusing on escaping mortars for that case. jackdaw is strong because its speed and ramming, not its cannons. i recommend you to manage to get behind those ships and use your chase cannons to trap them (you have to keep firing them since it only stops ships for like 1 sec) and keep ramming the ships. they wont last long if you can do it right.

playlisting
03-02-2014, 04:11 AM

Bracing reduces the amount of damage done to your ship. It tells you this quite a few times during the game.

jpm01
03-02-2014, 08:14 PM
yup got these two ones . when they start launching mortars at you you need to stop and move the boat . then you shoot at them with side cannons and moving cannons . but my favorites are still the third wave of pirate hunters man o' war , love this

tekknikal
02-27-2015, 07:44 AM
Okay, these guys were definitely very frustrating. I tried a number of different tactics, but nothing even came close except for one, which manhandles them.

Approach at the start and immediately veer to one side. They will try to stay somewhat together but in doing so whichever one you veer towards will turn his side to you. As soon as you are in range for it, fire a chase cannon and start to brace. You will want to continue bracing until you ram him and then immediately turn your side and fire off a heavy shot, followed by your swivel shots. As he pulls away, you might hope to get a round shot off if you can lob it right and then a mortar shot.

Once you have done this you will want to repeat the process as much as possible. Your instinct will be to try and get behind them, but that will be nearly impossible because they are faster and can out maneuver you. Besides, the other one will just unload on you if you try that. You just want to keep going after them head on, firing chase cannons when they are facing you, brace through their cannons and ram them as hard as you can. Each time you do this it will take off 1/3 to 1/2 health.

As the other guy said above, concentrate on getting one MoW to 10%, then focus on the other. If you kill the white one the darker one will get heavy cannons and if you kill the darker one the white one gets ungodly ramming ability.

Abbott.Avi
03-02-2015, 12:00 AM
They will attack u, then turn away, and will attack u again, so after attack, try to watch which side ships turn again to attack u, and navigate the opposite side. They will have their heads messed up pretty good. And ull not ended so exposed to em. Thats how I did it, also I destroyed the white sails ship first. Dont forget about ur fire barrels, dont get caught in the middle of em, and ull be just fine.

El impoluto, there I had bigger problem. Toughest ship in the gam imo.

Dama negra , just get behind the ship, ram it and shoot by front cannons, simple.

HMS prince, get close to avoid mortars, heavy shots, ramming, front cannons, case close.

Definitelly funny, too bad, only 4 of em :(