PDA

View Full Version : AC 2, Revelations & Brotherhood DLC questions

ShroomBomba
02-24-2014, 01:39 AM
Hello,

I previously purchased all 3 of these titles from a retail store. Also have AC 1, but apparently there is no way to actually add that one as it seems to not even have a cd key...

There seem to be regular versions of these titles, as well as some deluxe versions with various DLC. Maybe this is wrong, but I believe mine are the regular versions...

Is there any way to upgrade them to deluxe without having to re-purchase the games that were already paid for in store? Or is this a feature that maybe one day will exist?

It appears as though there are some extra levels that can be acquired for AC 2, however I'm not sure if I would have any access to them?

For AC Brotherhood, under "actions and rewards", it allows me to redeem "the davinci disappearance". Is that all there is or does the deluxe edition contain more content?

Finally, for AC Revelations, I see that the DLC is sold separately. There seem to be 2 available from the store, and from uplay, in the DLC tab there is one: "the lost archive". However, when I click "buy now", just takes me to the shop where it is not listed.

I suppose the second part of this would be, is any of this DLC worth it anyways?

Any help or information is greatly appreciated! Thanks very much!

AlyoshaCephas
02-24-2014, 06:18 AM
To hit most of your questions:

The original Assassin's Creed cannot be linked to Uplay, so no issues there. Working as intended.

If bought at a store, much of the time upgrading to a "deluxe" or expanded version of the game isn't possible. This is one of the reasons I purchase almost everything from Steam or other online, no-box game stores. I'm sure there are exceptions, but the only way I know of that you can purchase an upgrade to AC:2 deluxe edition, for example, is if you bought the original from Steam. I don't find that option even in the Uplay store. Deluxe and pre-order editions of games are different than DLC. They tend to contain rewards for people who pay for them up front, so adding them later isn't always an option.

That said, the extra levels you get with AC:2 Deluxe Edition, though fun, are not a huge deal. Fun challenges, money rewards and a bit of lore. Having played them I got my money's worth, but repurchasing for them I probably wouldn't recommend. That said, if you were feeling like doing so, sometime in the next 12+ hours would be best as all Assassin's Creed games (save AC:Liberation and AC:4) are 75% off at Steam. That makes AC:2 Deluxe $4.99.

The DaVinci Disappearance is distinct from AC:Brotherhood Deluxe which gives you a few multiplayer perks (basically pointless as quiet as AC:B multiplayer is these days) and some singleplayer maps. The AC:Revelations DLC you see on Uplay are multiplayer only. Just keep that in mind. If you are having trouble picking them up, though, you're best to check with Uplay support.

ShroomBomba
02-24-2014, 09:34 AM
thanks very much for taking the time to write a great reply!

Mithorn1972
02-24-2014, 01:54 PM
May I ask you, maybe you know the answer:

I already have Assassin's CReed 2 non deluxe on my account (retail), if I buy The Deluxe version on steam will it upgrade the uplay Assassin's creed 2 to deluxe version or do I get a separate game listing for Assa 2 DEluxe on Uplay,m or will I get nothing? (Asking if Uplay can work with more than one CDkey for a title if they are different editions). Same question would apply for Assassin's Creed 3 steam version as I would buy that too on Steam just for the season pass, and extras. (I have Assa 3 on my account from an Nvidia promotion)

Thanks for your help in advance.

Mithorn

To hit most of your questions:

The original Assassin's Creed cannot be linked to Uplay, so no issues there. Working as intended.

If bought at a store, much of the time upgrading to a "deluxe" or expanded version of the game isn't possible. This is one of the reasons I purchase almost everything from Steam or other online, no-box game stores. I'm sure there are exceptions, but the only way I know of that you can purchase an upgrade to AC:2 deluxe edition, for example, is if you bought the original from Steam. I don't find that option even in the Uplay store. Deluxe and pre-order editions of games are different than DLC. They tend to contain rewards for people who pay for them up front, so adding them later isn't always an option.

That said, the extra levels you get with AC:2 Deluxe Edition, though fun, are not a huge deal. Fun challenges, money rewards and a bit of lore. Having played them I got my money's worth, but repurchasing for them I probably wouldn't recommend. That said, if you were feeling like doing so, sometime in the next 12+ hours would be best as all Assassin's Creed games (save AC:Liberation and AC:4) are 75% off at Steam. That makes AC:2 Deluxe $4.99.

The DaVinci Disappearance is distinct from AC:Brotherhood Deluxe which gives you a few multiplayer perks (basically pointless as quiet as AC:B multiplayer is these days) and some singleplayer maps. The AC:Revelations DLC you see on Uplay are multiplayer only. Just keep that in mind. If you are having trouble picking them up, though, you're best to check with Uplay support.

Alphacos007
02-24-2014, 09:34 PM
May I ask you, maybe you know the answer:

I already have Assassin's CReed 2 non deluxe on my account (retail), if I buy The Deluxe version on steam will it upgrade the uplay Assassin's creed 2 to deluxe version or do I get a separate game listing for Assa 2 DEluxe on Uplay,m or will I get nothing? (Asking if Uplay can work with more than one CDkey for a title if they are different editions). Same question would apply for Assassin's Creed 3 steam version as I would buy that too on Steam just for the season pass, and extras. (I have Assa 3 on my account from an Nvidia promotion)

Thanks for your help in advance.

Mithorn

No. I don't think you can even buy it for yourself if you already have the standart game. If you want the DLCs you must purchase the upgrade to deluxe.

robinhoodeast
02-24-2014, 09:53 PM
I don't really understand the situation but I do know that if you didn't buy one of the packs you buy the DLCs one by one. Whereas i can only help you with the AC:R DLCs the lost archives DLC gives you the past of Subject 16 (TOTAL SPOILER DO NOT IGNORE GO TO THE NEXT TEXT IN ALL CAPS TO SKIP) subject 16 is the guy that helps you through the game he's called Clay Kaczmarek (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Clay_Kaczmarek) FYI, The Lost Archive gives you the view of Clay's past as you do in Desmond's in Animus Island (SPOILER IS DONE NOW YOU CAN SKIP TO THIS) the other DLC gives you a weapon made by Vlad the Impaler (Not a good guy) Tapes it's a strong sword but not so strong as the others. The last one gives you access to special maps in Multiplayer and gives you an extra character, you also get to have a special suit in singleplayer to play with it looks a lot like Janissaries' outfit.

ShroomBomba
02-25-2014, 11:37 PM
Cool, thanks again for all the info!

Helps to know what the DLC provides to decide whether it's worth obtaining or not!

guidomista
02-26-2014, 03:15 PM
I don't really understand the situation but I do know that if you didn't buy one of the packs you buy the DLCs one by one. Whereas i can only help you with the AC:R DLCs the lost archives DLC gives you the past of Subject 16 (TOTAL SPOILER DO NOT IGNORE GO TO THE NEXT TEXT IN ALL CAPS TO SKIP)[...] (SPOILER IS DONE NOW YOU CAN SKIP TO THIS) the other DLC gives you a weapon made by Vlad the Impaler (Not a good guy) Tapes it's a strong sword but not so strong as the others. The last one gives you access to special maps in Multiplayer and gives you an extra character, you also get to have a special suit in singleplayer to play with it looks a lot like Janissaries' outfit.
Hi,
for posting spoiler text, you can put it in a SPOILER tag within square brackets, like this:

Hey! Do you know Vlad Tapes was the real Count Dracula, right?

bye