PDA

View Full Version : Catch Vargas

DynaRider
02-19-2014, 07:16 PM
Vargas' ship has disappeared and I cannot find it anywhere. Status message says "Catch Vargas" and fast travel is disabled. Is there a way to find him or a way to restart the mission where Ofia knocks on the door and Vargas takes off? I need the final key for the Templar armor. PS4 version.

rcole_sooner
02-19-2014, 07:33 PM
This is the last templar key I have to get as well, and I have not tried it yet.

Is there not a green dot or the "V" Templar marker on the map?

I'll be doing this one tonight, so I will hopefully know more useful help to offer tomorrow ... but you'll probably have it figured out by then.

Alphacos007
02-19-2014, 08:36 PM
You're probably glitched, I've just watched a youtube video of such mission (as I didn't really remember it) and as soon as you get on Jackdaw's wheel, Vargas' ship gets marked on the map as a red dot. I unfortunately have no idea on how you can fix this.

You can watch it here if you want to make sure you're doing it right: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7lETWq5P-QY#t=116

rcole_sooner
02-19-2014, 08:50 PM
Try reloading the memory.

I got a dumb resync in the Trust is Earned mission last night, so on resyncing I just ran out a killed the 2 templars without first "locating" them. ....ooops.... :eek: ....the mission was fubarred. I had to reload and go from the start. ... I tried a simple restart and looked all over that complex and could not find them ... but on the reload and locating them first it worked.

DynaRider
02-19-2014, 09:48 PM
Thanks everyone. All is well. I had to shut the game down to run some errands and when I restarted it Vargas was beginning his run to his ship and I was able to complete the scene.

guest-3bKCdNuW
07-28-2015, 12:49 AM
Here is what I did after reading the posts:

I tried to catch Vargas but he got away with the ship, (no cutscene), I boarded the ship no sign of Vargas. Got upset..... Read this forum AND:

Since I just missed him, I disconnected my XBoX from the power, and started up from 0. After loggin into the game UBI server provided the game save and Vargas popped front of me. This time I had cutscene and was able to take him down...

Thank you guys for the idea!