PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry questions (Possible SPOILERS)

oliacr
02-19-2014, 03:57 PM
Hi there, I have seen this Freedom Cry as a standalone. I would like to know what it is all about I mean it's just the DLC as a standalone or a full game and longer deeper than the original dlc?
Please enlighten me. Thanks.
Sorry If this has been asked before.

frodrigues55
02-19-2014, 04:03 PM
Copy/Paste from the DLC. Only difference is that you don't need Black Flag to play it.

oliacr
02-19-2014, 05:05 PM
I'm a bit disappointed then. I was hoping for a longer and deeper experience. :)

Mr_Shade
02-19-2014, 06:14 PM
I'm a bit disappointed then. I was hoping for a longer and deeper experience. :)The experience and story is identical - it's just a standalone title - for those new to the series or those yet to play AC: Black Flag - so may reach a wider audience of new fans :)

oliacr
02-19-2014, 06:39 PM
Thanks again :)

Fatal-Feit
02-19-2014, 08:16 PM
You could always replay it anyway. Freedom Cry has a great replayability, IMO. I would buy it twice. (which I already have)

Dome500
02-19-2014, 08:22 PM
The experience and story is identical - it's just a standalone title - for those new to the series or those yet to play AC: Black Flag - so may reach a wider audience of new fans :)

I actually think it's a good idea, considering Freedom Cry is really a little bit different than ACIV in some elements.
It's more a Assassin-focused story from what I heard.

But I think the price is way too much considering the content in comparison to AC4's content.

Assassin_M
02-19-2014, 08:28 PM
Anyone willing to pay over $10 for Freedom Cry, just remember Undead Nightmare....more than twice the play time, twice the content and was priced less...

Mr_Shade
02-19-2014, 08:30 PM
Well it's about choice..

If people want a great taster of what the current AC game is like, it's there for them..

Personally, I think they should buy AC4 Black Flag - AND - the dlc ;)

Fatal-Feit
02-19-2014, 08:33 PM
A one time miracle doesn't count, _M.

I-Like-Pie45
02-19-2014, 08:37 PM
sorry mr. shade

spent that $15 on TLoU: Left Behind instead

it was only 2 1/2 hrs with many scenes of ellie just exploring and hanging out with her friend in a ruined shopping mall but it delivers a poignant, heartwarming/breaking and even nostalgic narrative that shows the character of ellie in a expanded light by contrasting her inexperienced pre-infection younger self to the hardened survivor of the winter chapter, bringing a new context to her words at the end of TLoU.

it put other overpriced single player dlcs with 1-2 hrs of gameplay like ToKW to shame in regards to the actual production and effort that appears to have been put into it, even though it is an overpriced single player dlc with just 1-2 hrs of gameplay itself. I don't know how it stacks up to FC since after all I haven't played it

I recommend you buy the $20 TLOU season pass, since this will give you Left Behind + all multiplayer dlc + a bunch of bonuses like the making of documentary for free. In fact, if you buy a $50 PSN card, you can buy both the TLoU season pass + a bunch of AC stuff at once!

i only wish there had been scenes with david and ellie - my favorite character and ellie pairing :):):):):):):):):):):)

I also don't have AC4, so Mr. Shade tell me why I should buy that

Assassin_M
02-19-2014, 08:45 PM
A one time miracle doesn't count, _M.

It exists, doesn't it?? if one company does it, why shouldn't everyone else??

Well it's about choice..

If people want a great taster of what the current AC game is like, it's there for them..

oh of course, i'm just sayin'

I didn't buy Freedom Cry yet...probably wont ever

and I wont ever buy Left behind either

I can't convince myself to spend over $10 for 1-4 hours of playing when there's a 10 hour experience worth less..

Mr_Shade
02-19-2014, 08:55 PM
Then don't - simple ;)

No one is forcing anyone to buy it - it's an option ;)

The DLC is a great story - though Im not here to convince you guys, it's not going to appeal to everyone - so the choice is yours ;)

Reviews are there - as are your peers thoughts on it.

Fatal-Feit
02-19-2014, 09:04 PM
It exists, doesn't it?? if one company does it, why shouldn't everyone else??

Yeah, it would be great to see other companies such as Ubs pull off something like that. But for now we have settle with the Season Pass, which isn't that bad.

Assassin_M
02-19-2014, 09:26 PM
Yeah, it would be great to see other companies such as Ubs pull off something like that. But for now we have settle with the Season Pass, which isn't that bad.

It's bad for me, since I don't play MP anymore...i'm basically paying $30 for a 4 hour DLC, a few outfits, a couple of missions, a couple of weapons and sails...

Assassin_M
02-19-2014, 09:27 PM
Then don't - simple ;)

No one is forcing anyone to buy it - it's an option ;)

The DLC is a great story - though Im not here to convince you guys, it's not going to appeal to everyone - so the choice is yours ;)

Reviews are there - as are your peers thoughts on it.

Oh I wont, i'm just explaining why I wont...

pacmanate
02-19-2014, 10:43 PM
Well it's about choice..

That doesnt work if you WORK for ubisoft :|

Fatal-Feit
02-19-2014, 10:51 PM
It's bad for me, since I don't play MP anymore...i'm basically paying $30 for a 4 hour DLC, a few outfits, a couple of missions, a couple of weapons and sails...

Pffft.... You guys are a bunch of cheapos.

Assassin_M
02-19-2014, 11:02 PM
Pffft.... You guys are a bunch of cheapos.

I'm a poor college student that hasn't eaten anything in 2 days D:

I-Like-Pie45
02-20-2014, 12:15 AM
we ought to plan a heist to get you some food and game money

The target? The Federal Depository at Fort Knox

there's two ways this heist can go down

dumb and dumber

ze_topazio
02-20-2014, 12:55 AM
I seem to recall seeing you here on the forum discussing Freedom Cry story back in the days Murder_M ?!

Assassin_M
02-20-2014, 01:01 AM
I seem to recall seeing you here on the forum discussing Freedom Cry story back in the days Murder_M ?!
Playing does not entail purchase.....not by me anyway.

I loved it too, just didn't feel like paying $10 for it...i might buy it one day, as appreciation to the work that went in it..