PDA

View Full Version : Blackskull Crusher need to go from BS2

ManlyMantonio
02-18-2014, 02:01 AM
Stronghold already looks strong as it is, but adding in an unkillable Blackskull Crusher is going to be murder. Considering there are no fortunes left to deal with him, he is going to be a nightmare. Hope you play Necro if you want to have a chance of killing it.

Alamand
02-18-2014, 02:50 AM
Crusher is a pretty bad card in a creature meta. The only deck that I think would hate seeing him with would be asalah immolation, and even then djinn can stand up fairly well to him for the same cost.

If stronghold was going to be dropping a 5 cost creature I'd be a lot more afraid of bloodfrenzied wyvren or blackskull clan warlord.

malkorion
02-18-2014, 08:37 AM
Crusher is a pretty bad card in a creature meta. The only deck that I think would hate seeing him with would be asalah immolation, and even then djinn can stand up fairly well to him for the same cost.

If stronghold was going to be dropping a 5 cost creature I'd be a lot more afraid of bloodfrenzied wyvren or blackskull clan warlord.

Yeah, 3/2/7 for 5 is pretty underwhelming. I think it should've been beefier to really put those control decks under pressure. Also, besides spell ward, I would've added fortune ward, and 'can't be targeted by enemy spells/effects' as well, and would've changed the stats to 4/0/7.

gabusan
02-18-2014, 09:21 PM
Yeah, 3/2/7 for 5 is pretty underwhelming. I think it should've been beefier to really put those control decks under pressure. Also, besides spell ward, I would've added fortune ward, and 'can't be targeted by enemy spells/effects' as well, and would've changed the stats to 4/0/7.

And when he comes into play it would be good if he could place two poison counters on any creature and allowed you to recover two stronghold creatures from the graveyard. Adding quick attack is also a must, because these control decks need the extra pressure before they lock you. I guess expecting him to have outmaneuvre would be a bit too much, but magic guard 1 so it can protect other creatures is not something unreasonable to ask. One thing I noticed is that he badly needs regeneration 2, because he can get hurt during a fight and we need him to recover somehow so he can win win win. If he could remove ongoing spells or fortunes when he attacks, I think we would have a solid card here, dont you think?

malkorion
02-18-2014, 09:53 PM
And when he comes into play it would be good if he could place two poison counters on any creature and allowed you to recover two stronghold creatures from the graveyard. Adding quick attack is also a must, because these control decks need the extra pressure before they lock you. I guess expecting him to have outmaneuvre would be a bit too much, but magic guard 1 so it can protect other creatures is not something unreasonable to ask. One thing I noticed is that he badly needs regeneration 2, because he can get hurt during a fight and we need him to recover somehow so he can win win win. If he could remove ongoing spells or fortunes when he attacks, I think we would have a solid card here, dont you think?

I don't think I'm asking for much. Sure it could have quick attack, but if you have epics like The Banshee (which is card advantage) killing the Crusher, I don't see the point in playing the Crusher, which was clearly meant to be an anti-spellcaster creature, but he sucks at it.

kiaryp
02-19-2014, 01:21 AM
I don't think I'm asking for much. Sure it could have quick attack, but if you have epics like The Banshee (which is card advantage) killing the Crusher, I don't see the point in playing the Crusher, which was clearly meant to be an anti-spellcaster creature, but he sucks at it.

He doesn't suck at it. you just want him to be instant-win against any spell-reliant decks. that wouldn't be balanced.

Razyda
02-19-2014, 04:04 PM

Come on man, think about balance.
TBH this should be added to the card (obviously including Malkorion suggested changes):
Enemy creatures in the same line cant attack.
Can attack enemy hero even if there are creatures in front of him.

That way we have card which is by no means overpowered and yet we will have chance to see it in some niche decks.

Portios86
02-19-2014, 04:27 PM
damage spells are less common in bs2 so I think crushers will be worse, however in future expansions they could be very strong again.

Something I never understood is why are them so strong in stats. I know that a 3/2/7 at 5 might and 5 cost isnīt good, specially for stronghold, but still considering how good his ability is, he could be 3/0/7 or something like that. He could have less retaliation or hp. Attack is fine.