PDA

View Full Version : Is AC4 a joke?

GrumpyFinn
02-16-2014, 10:43 PM
I've tried to play AC4 for about an hour or two, don't really know since this has got to be the worst one yet.

I'm playing with a controller, Razer Onza, because I really don't want to concentrate on the game, rather just enjoy a nice sunday afternoon lying on the couch and have the game on 55 inch TV. Wasn't meant to be....
So I purchased AC4 since I have them all, honestly, I thought III was a joke with all the running in the woods but ACIV, WTF. As I said, I'm playing with a controller and here's what goes on.... I can't even walk, only movements I have are run and fast run, also, no looting, I was stuck on the first pick pocket for ten minutes rel-loading and killing, pressing "B" would only drop the sword that I picked from him when I killed him... so I used keyboard to loot, and figured maybe it's a glitch. Then come the little fights and I'm having all kinds of problems staying in the fight, retreating, attacking and such but manage somehow to escape, so then I'm supposed to pick pocket the captain with the key, did I mention I can only run, pretty hard to hire ******s when they can't keep up, or get the key from the captain when you can only run over him.... And I haven't even said anything about jumping aimlessly on people while trying to walk around, or on the walls when turning corners.... 59.00 wasted in my opinion, as I wasted 59.00 on ACIII, since I only played few hours on that one too. I doubt I'll be buying next one.
Logging into and posting in U-forums is another story in itself... don't want to go there right now, will be for awhile before I touch ACIV again so I'll just go back to Crysis3 or COD ghosts since I know those two play fine on my box.

GPU: GeForce GTX 770
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6
Memory: 16.00 GB RAM
Driver: 332.21

playlisting
02-16-2014, 11:12 PM
I've never seen anyone else have as much issues at the start of this game as you have. You might need to edit the controls menu and make sure you have Xbox 360 controller selected because all your issues are controller related. I'm really not sure what is wrong with your game. I've never had any of these issues and I don't think many others have had them either. Might need to contact Ubi support to try and get it fixed.

good luck!

Alphacos007
02-17-2014, 01:49 AM
The problem is obviously with your controller. A lot of people do have issues with the game, but nothing like this. If you try to play on the keyboard, or get an official windows-suported controller (a.k.a. a xbox360 one), you'll see such issues will disappear.

Wrath2Zero
02-17-2014, 02:02 AM
Listen. Any controller that works in Windows via DirectX works in games and this whole you need an Xbox360 controller talk is just so devs can be lazy and only support the Xbox360 controller for their ports.

If a game doesn't support a controller other than a Xbox360 one then it's the devs fault for using middleman code rather then going through directX properly. It's no secret that games lock out Windows supported controllers, GTA IV did, all because they want everyone to use an Xbox360 one.

tshrjain
02-17-2014, 06:19 AM
I am using Logitech F710, works like a charm. Ner had this sort of problem, not even with the initial version(v1.0). (Latest is 6th update, v1.06).
P.S: I might be using it on the X-mode instead of Direct mode. Not sure, will update the post after looking at the controller.(when I reach home)

rcole_sooner
02-17-2014, 09:30 AM
I picked up an Official MS Xbox 360 Wireless Controller Receiver for Windows. It was plug and play, and the game is much more responsive than with my keyboard and mouse. I was getting very strange control behavior with my trackball, but the Xbox 360 Wireless controller works great. The game even auto switched from keyboard/mouse type control clues to showing the 360 type control clues. Pretty cool.

I think the receiver was like $20 or less. I already had a stack of the wireless controllers.

jeffies04
02-17-2014, 10:52 AM
Your controller is set to some alternate mode or something. I still have my old F310 Logitec twenty buck controller and it's perfectly fine for me. If I change the mode on my controller then none of the buttons match up to what they're supposed to.

I suggest doing a little research before you jump to wild conclusions about it being the game's fault.

guidomista
02-17-2014, 11:11 AM
Hi,
I'm on pc. I use ps2 controller with a usb adaptor.
Every new game, normally I have to re-map my controller buttons.
In AC Black Flag there is the file .ini in which are saved configuration infos and controller mapping:
/documents/assassin's creed black flag/assassin4.ini
If the controller doesn't work properly, try to change mapping value in there.

bye

Mr_Shade
02-17-2014, 02:49 PM
Hi,

I think everyone has pretty much hit it on the head.. it's sounding like a controller issue..

Please make sure your drivers for the pad are updated - and if you still have issues - please contact support:

www.support.ubi.com

Dome500
02-17-2014, 04:04 PM
Hi,

I think everyone has pretty much hit it on the head.. it's sounding like a controller issue..

Please make sure your drivers for the pad are updated - and if you still have issues - please contact support:

www.support.ubi.com

Did you just delete my post for no reason?

Thank you Shade....

Mr_Shade
02-17-2014, 04:26 PM
Did you just delete my post for no reason?

Thank you Shade....no..?

If I delete I can still see it - however nothing from you here?

Dome500
02-17-2014, 04:32 PM
no..?

If I delete I can still see it - however nothing from you here?

That's strange, I posted something yesterday here. I could swear it.... :confused:

Sorry for my quick assumption.

Mr_Shade
02-17-2014, 04:35 PM
Nope sorry - can't see anything deleted here..

Dome500
02-17-2014, 06:55 PM
Nope sorry - can't see anything deleted here..

Well, it was not that important....

I just told him to be more polite.

I could have sworn he used more swear words. Maybe it's just the wrong thread.... But the title "Is SC4 a joke?" was the same, I could swear that....

playlisting
02-17-2014, 07:58 PM
Well, it was not that important....

I just told him to be more polite.

I could have sworn he used more swear words. Maybe it's just the wrong thread.... But the title "Is SC4 a joke?" was the same, I could swear that....

Are you talking about this thread?

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/836589-Ship-boarding-too-difficult

Dome500
02-17-2014, 08:09 PM
Are you talking about this thread?

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/836589-Ship-boarding-too-difficult

Okay, it's possible I read both threads at the same time and confused the topic. -.-

Thanks for posting this.

playlisting
02-17-2014, 08:16 PM
Okay, it's possible I read both threads at the same time and confused the topic. -.-

Thanks for posting this.

No problem

GrumpyFinn
02-19-2014, 08:27 PM
Ok, here's what's going on.

First let me apologize if I came out a bit harsh.

I tried other games with the same controller, Far Cry, Crysis3, skyrim etc. worked fine. I came back to AC4, by the way KB works fine but as I said, I just wanted to hang back, the controller had the same problem still, so I figured I'll try another controller, I found an old Logitech in the closet and it works fine???... I ended up re-installing AC4 but this time I installed it on C: and so far (15 hr) no problems.

I was just being super frustrated when I started the game and first, not understanding what was going on, second, everything else worked fine so I just blamed it on the game. Sorry again, after a while the game seems to have more to it than I first thought, and given more time I'm starting to like it more and more....

Mr_Shade
02-19-2014, 08:32 PM
glad you solved it.

jeffies04
02-19-2014, 08:37 PM
Ok, here's what's going on.

First let me apologize if I came out a bit harsh.

I tried other games with the same controller, Far Cry, Crysis3, skyrim etc. worked fine. I came back to AC4, by the way KB works fine but as I said, I just wanted to hang back, the controller had the same problem still, so I figured I'll try another controller, I found an old Logitech in the closet and it works fine???... I ended up re-installing AC4 but this time I installed it on C: and so far (15 hr) no problems.

I was just being super frustrated when I started the game and first, not understanding what was going on, second, everything else worked fine so I just blamed it on the game. Sorry again, after a while the game seems to have more to it than I first thought, and given more time I'm starting to like it more and more....

It's happened to everybody :)

Definitely cool that you're able to play now. I think you'll enjoy the experience!

It's weird that your controller was giving you grief with just AC4, but sometimes it's just easier to go with the simple fix.

mrbrian200
02-21-2014, 08:20 PM
I have two controllers: An older Cordless Rumblepad II (that I make work with games via x360ce) and also a newer Logitech F710. Problems with the Rumblepad II: Newest build of X360ce defaults to a controller profile where the keymappings on the R2 are all wrong, also, the rumblepad 2 doesn't have a variable analog trigger (it's just on/off button with that controller there is no fast walk...just run). The F710 interfaces directly to xinput without the need for x360ce, also has a variable trigger buttons like a genuine 360 controller (squeeze a little for fast walk/all the way for run). The rumblepad 2 really is not suitable for this game, although in previous games (where run was combination of RT + A) it did work. The current way is better: while running my thumb is free to xecue XYAB operatons as well as "look" with the right stick.