PDA

View Full Version : Sages (possible spoilers)

Aphex_Tim
02-14-2014, 07:36 PM
This might not be worth starting a whole new thread about but I just looked around a bit on the AC Wiki and came across the article about Sages. The Wiki (as well as AC4) describes these Sages to be reincarnations of Aita. Now apparently, before Bartholomew Roberts, there was a sage called Thom Kavanagh. Now what I don't understand is that the wiki page states that Kavanagh died in 1706, while Roberts was born in 1682, meaning they have both lived at the same time for a couple of years. If a sage is an incarnation of Aita, then how the hell could Aita have been reincarnated as two persons at the same time? I feel like I'm really missing something here. I know the bottles that can be found in AC4 contain messages from Kavanagh, maybe these clear up a thing or two, but I've only collected a couple of these in my first, and so far only playthrough so I wouldn't know. Can anyone explain this to me?

Alphacos007
02-14-2014, 07:58 PM
Something must be wrong on the article, or giving it a long shot, the devs didn't think about this when they wrote the born/death dates and messed up with it.
Just like you said, I don't think someone can be reincarnated in two persons at the same time lol.

ze_topazio
02-14-2014, 08:02 PM
Juno messed around with the Humans DNA and introduced changes so that Aita could be reborn one day, basically many people around the world have the genetic information to be born as a perfect Aita clone with his memories and all, this apparently happens randomly and so that's why more than one clone of Aita can exist at the same time.

Aphex_Tim
02-14-2014, 08:16 PM
That kinda makes sense. Case closed then? :p

Alphacos007
02-14-2014, 08:35 PM
Juno messed around with the Humans DNA and introduced changes so that Aita could be reborn one day, basically many people around the world have the genetic information to be born as a perfect Aita clone with his memories and all, this apparently happens randomly and so that's why more than one clone of Aita can exist at the same time.

But if many people around had Aita in them, there would be many people crazy by the 2 lives inside their heads just like Bartholomew. Also, all sages have the same face and the same different eyes, so if many people had that, I believe they would start to notice the pattern.

Hans684
02-14-2014, 09:01 PM
But if many people around had Aita in them, there would be many people crazy by the 2 lives inside their heads just like Bartholomew. Also, all sages have the same face and the same different eyes, so if many people had that, I believe they would start to notice the pattern.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Sages

According to Bahlam, an Assassin and the father of Ah Tabai, there had been at least eighty recorded Sages by the late 1600s.

frodrigues55
02-14-2014, 09:39 PM
If I'm not wrong, the bottle messages talk about this.

It's just a DNA thing, a lot of people have it sleeping within their genes.

The Sages are the individuals whose Aita's genes and memories are predominant inside the DNA. It's rare but that doesn't mean that only one people can have it at a time. It might happen to 2 people now and then only again to another person in 1000 years. Besides, it's not like they are Aita or Aita's reincarnation, but people who are incorporating his memories into their own.

This is what I remember anyway, I might be wrong.

You should read the bottles, they are quite interesting.

Alphacos007
02-14-2014, 09:58 PM
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Sages

According to Bahlam, an Assassin and the father of Ah Tabai, there had been at least eighty recorded Sages by the late 1600s.

I didn't mean that there was only one or two sages, I know there had ben a lot of sages through the time, I only meant that if many of them were alive at the same time, the pattern would be noticed by many. Also, I remember hearing from someone in the game that there hadn't been a sage for 40 years or something like that, which doesn't really make sense if the guy from the bottles were one. I might be crazy though.

Hans684
02-14-2014, 10:17 PM
I didn't mean that there was only one or two sages, I know there had ben a lot of sages through the time, I only meant that if many of them were alive at the same time, the pattern would be noticed by many. Also, I remember hearing from someone in the game that there hadn't been a sage for 40 years or something like that, which doesn't really make sense if the guy from the bottles were one. I might be crazy though.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Mister_Walpole,_I_Presume%3F

Julien: "It has been forty-five years since anyone has seen a true Sage. Can you be sure this one is authentic?"

It dosen't mean there hasn't been a true sage since 45 years, just means they hasn't seen one since.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Thom_Kavanagh#In_Jamaica

Carrying a letter from Jonathan Davenport, Thom was able to secure a job with the famous Peter Beckford the Elder, a plantation owner in Jamaica who had amassed a fortune through his business. Thom worked with him for an unknown amount of time, until the arrival of the Templar Laureano de Torres y Ayala to Beckford's estate in 1673. In his first meeting with Torres, Thom immediately sensed something amiss. When Torres asked to meet with him over dinner, claiming that he "looked like a man his colleagues had been seeking for a long time," Thom declined the offer and locked himself in his room. He then fell into another reverie, one that was more intense than most that had come before.

When he awoke, it was to the sounds of battle outside his window. The Assassin Bahlam made his way to Thom's room, shot him with a potent sleep dart, and took him to the Assassin stronghold at Tulum, where he awoke days later.

Trivia:

Kavanagh was mentioned in a conversation between Kenway, Torres, Woodes Rogers, and Julien du Casse, when du Casse commented that "It has been forty-five years since anyone has seen a true Sage," meaning that Torres met Kavanagh in the year 1670. This would also mean that Thom could not have been working for Beckford for very long before leaving with the Assassins.

IWGCJoeCool
02-15-2014, 02:04 AM

it was kind of a big world back then, and i think i've seen quite a few docs that mentioned that most people were born, lived, and died within a 20 mile radius, something like that. also, no photography, video, or WWW. 2 sages coulda lived within 100 miles of each other and nobody the wiser....discounting the fact that a sage would be/seem a loose cannon, and be the type to draw notoriety in some way.