PDA

View Full Version : [PC] How do I replay a memory?

rcole_sooner
02-12-2014, 04:31 PM
Is there a way to restart from a specific past save point or even at the beginning of a sequence (is a sequence a memory?)?I've just started playing AC4BF. Really only a little way into Sequence 2. But, I've realized, I had know idea what I was doing and have missed a lot of objectives.I need to pay more attention to the side objectives, most times I had no idea they even existed until I see the mission results.Is there a way to view the mission objective during the mission?I guess I am not too far along to just start the game over, or just ignore what I've missed so far? Mostly opportunities for cash.The game is beautiful, I just wish I knew what I was doing. First in the AC series I've ever played, and just trying to get used to the whole thing. :p

Ureh
02-12-2014, 04:57 PM
If this is for AC4BF then I can't speak from personal experience (haven't played it yet).

But all the games usually have the following options when you open the menu (my guess it the "esc" or "tab" keys). The same menu you access when about to exit the game.
During a memory, there should be a "restart memory", "restart checkpoint", "abort memory"; and the usual stuff like DNA, exit/quit, options, etc. However, if you already failed a side objective then restarting the whole memory is usually the only way to try and obtain it again (simply restarting from a checkpoint won't work).

If you already completed a memory or sequence and want to restart/replay from there, then access the DNA menu. Select the sequence, then select the memory. Should be a replay button.This is also where you can view the side objectives and main ones, during the mission.

rcole_sooner
02-13-2014, 04:20 PM
Well, I looked further last night. I could not find any "multiple" save point menu selection. I could not even find any way to restart any past memories.

I did figure out where to view the mission and side objectives.

I guess I just gotta hit stuff right the first time through, there is no going back and trying again to get stuff I missed on a 2nd try.

Ureh
02-13-2014, 05:28 PM
Maybe this'll help: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/823152-AC4-Black-Flag-PC-Single-Player-Replay-Forums

edit: You can only replay missions if you're not currently in another. Some missions can't be aborted/replayed until you've fully completed them.

rcole_sooner
02-13-2014, 06:02 PM
Hmmm? :confused:

I guess I'm always in a mission. If I remember, I may try it tonight in between missions.

Alphacos007
02-13-2014, 06:42 PM
Actually, when you complete an objective, there's a exclamation point on the map where you supposedly have to go to continue, but while you don't get there, you're not in a mission. While outside the mission, just pess ESC, go to Progress Tracker and select the mission you want to do again. You'll have to do this to every mission though, you can't simply go back in the story without making a new game.

rcole_sooner
02-13-2014, 07:59 PM
Yeah, I just got to an exclamation point last night and started a mission to get a save point to quit on for the night.

It was after the long sail to Tulum in Sequence 4. I realize I should have plundered ships all along the way.

If can, I may abort the current mission and/or just sail out to sea and plunder for a while, to upgrade the Jackdaw.

Even if I can't abort the current mission, I will eventually get between missions again.

Thanks for all the help, I am slowly starting to get the hang of the interface.

I've still got to figure out how to use the swivel guns during battle. I did not even know until reading today, that there was a difference in the cannon shot when aiming or not aiming. I have a lot to learn ... and the story moves so fast, I am not picking it all up on the fly. So much to learn.

Ureh
02-13-2014, 08:22 PM
Actually, when you complete an objective, there's a exclamation point on the map where you supposedly have to go to continue, but while you don't get there, you're not in a mission. While outside the mission, just pess ESC, go to Progress Tracker and select the mission you want to do again. You'll have to do this to every mission though, you can't simply go back in the story without making a new game.

Yeah, that's the one of the downsides to the replay feature in AC games. Not all of the cutscenes and moments are shown...

rcole_sooner
02-13-2014, 08:46 PM
That's cool, I just wanna chance to do the pickpockets and such I did not know I was supposed to do the first time.

rcole_sooner
02-14-2014, 03:45 PM
Oh, yes! The replay memory thing works great! I was able to go back and do the pickpockets and get the treasure chest ... and will be able to do the same for anything else I missed.

Also last night, I figured out why my Naval Combat was so bad, I was in the South Seas. I moved North and was able to do much better and earn some badly need upgrades. I am ready to head a little further South now.

I cleared some forts and I did a little crafting too (this and the syncing view points reminds me a little of FC3, which to me is a good thing).

Startin' to get the hang of it.

Alphacos007
02-14-2014, 08:02 PM
Haha yeah, the south is pretty hard for the standart ship, you'll need some upgrades before you can fight a Man'o War. It actually gets pretty easy when you have all upgrades, except for the Legendary Ships :D