PDA

View Full Version : AC3 Crafting and selling

cell01
02-11-2014, 11:47 PM
Does anyone think that the crafting from AC3 should be returned in the next AC game, to me it got me very interested crafting many items and then sell them to towns for higher income.

frodrigues55
02-12-2014, 12:19 AM
Never really used it, to be honest. The system is a bit complex for an activity that isn't the real focus of the game IMO.

Alphacos007
02-12-2014, 12:51 AM
Agreed with frodrigues, it was way too complex and I never really used it except for reaching the 100% sync.
I found AC4's crafting interesting though. Not too hard, not too easy, not complex at all, and some decent rewards for doing it.

SixKeys
02-12-2014, 12:55 AM
No thanks. The interface was confusing and impractical. It made no sense why you could only craft and select one item for selling at a time. If I wanted to send 10 bear skins overseas, I would have to individually choose one for each slot.

I prefer crafting to be more hands-on (like being able to actually craft a weapon myself and not just look at little icons representing all the ingredients) and to have some effect on the overall gameplay. The best part about crafting in AC3 were Ben Franklin's machines as they would actually appear in your mansion. Instead of crafting useless stuff like buttons and playing cards, they should have had upgrades for our character like in AC4.

frodrigues55
02-12-2014, 12:58 AM
Agreed with frodrigues, it was way too complex and I never really used it except for reaching the 100% sync.
I found AC4's crafting interesting though. Not too hard, not too easy, not complex at all, and some decent rewards for doing it.

Oh yeah, I loved AC4's crafting. It was just the right balance and you actually crafted things you could see/use.

Fatal-Feit
02-12-2014, 02:32 AM
Oh yeah, I loved AC4's crafting. It was just the right balance and you actually crafted things you could see/use.

AC:IV's crafting was amazing, no doubt, but it wasn't balanced considering you could basically purchase all the materials in shop. That was the real downside of it, IMO. They should have forced the players to venture out and hunt the animals themselves if they want the upgrade. And it would have been better if the upgrades would influence Edward's looks a lot more than just 2 holsters. Something Ezio's Trilogy really nailed was character progression which AC:IV should have borrowed more from.

As for AC:3's crafting system... I enjoyed it, but only after I completed the game was I able to actually bother with it. It was messy, half arsed, and was more complicated than it should have been. IMO, they should bring it back but fix the mistakes they've done because what they had really did have potential but then again so did much of AC:3... Darn it, just give us the AC:3 sequel we deserve, Ubs.

LoyalACFan
02-12-2014, 02:54 AM
I only like crafting if it's properly implemented and relevant to the main game. AC3's crafting was neither of those things. AC4's model was by far superior, though I thought it was a bit weird that you could craft wherever. I thought the Captain's Cabin would have made more sense as a crafting "base."

Alphacos007
02-12-2014, 03:02 AM
I only like crafting if it's properly implemented and relevant to the main game. AC3's crafting was neither of those things. AC4's model was by far superior, though I thought it was a bit weird that you could craft wherever. I thought the Captain's Cabin would have made more sense as a crafting "base."

Yeah, I also found it funny that Edward used too much skin to craft stuff, like a full shark to craft a holster, that's ridiculous :P

LoyalACFan
02-12-2014, 04:11 AM
Yeah, I also found it funny that Edward used too much skin to craft stuff, like a full shark to craft a holster, that's ridiculous :P

Lol yeah, and the two (or was it three?) white whale skins to craft one outfit :p

ACLexter
02-12-2014, 08:51 AM
yeah Lol, 2 crocs for a holster, (oh well, just for the sake of exploring the game)
anyway, I also like the concept of crafting in AC4, its not really complicated. they should just improve the crafting in the next AC.

Landruner
02-12-2014, 03:36 PM
Does anyone think that the crafting from AC3 should be returned in the next AC game, to me it got me very interested crafting many items and then sell them to towns for higher income.

Sure, I like doing the crafting and selling items then - In AC3 the economic system was broken and the crafting system, well was just an alpha attempt in its design, I mean seriously, it was - I wish they could have improved it instead of dropping it for AC4.

Ureh
02-12-2014, 04:27 PM
The AC3 crafting interface wasn't intuitive... Even the general stores had an "auto-fill" button for consumables. Maybe I missed something, but repeatedly clicking the same buttons and scrolling down the same list just to select the same supplies and merchant was semi-tedious. Can't believe I earned nearly 2m gbp with that... :confused::p