PDA

View Full Version : Base Set 2 questions...

Rlec
02-10-2014, 08:16 PM
New to this game. Can someone please explain what this Base Set 2 card change is all about. Do the current cards get destroyed? Why does this event happen?

Cyony
02-10-2014, 08:20 PM
No offense. But you might want to look at one of a thousand threads asking the same thing.

Rlec
02-10-2014, 09:26 PM
Well I did a search for "base set 2" which came up with 500 pages from all forums (I tried to narrow the search but it was either 500 pages or a return of nothing found). I did find a lot of posts skirting around what I'm looking for but nothing specifically to what I'm asking.

Maybe instead of asking and pissing people off with what they think is already been asked and answered I'll try and explain how I "think" things are and get someone to critique my interpretation. Here goes...

Are decks in the shop like necropolis, haven, ect, considered Base Sets?
Base set 2 is a new set of cards (not sure why new cards are needed?)
Base set 1 cards can still be used but may not be as strong as the new cards??
base set 1 cards may still be available in special buy packs? (sorry don't fully understand decks and sets...I think I get haven, necropolis, inferno, ect decks but get lost when I see severed fates, clashing tides, heralds call, ect decks)

This is definitely not all Id like to know but I like the game a lot and would like to make more informed decisions before I spend money.

Please be gentle, I'm vey new. Ive played maybe 30 games and have an ELO of just over 100. Ive done the campaign as far as I can but cant get passed the 3rd Necropolis mission. I only mention this because I want to learn how to make any kind of stronger deck to get farther.

Thanks for you're time.
Rlec

del170109032657
02-10-2014, 09:31 PM
Hi Rlec,

Welcome to Duel of Champions! Take a look at the FAQ I put together in the official thread here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/832417

This isn't a change you should worry too much about yet as that it at least one month away, if not much more. We're just starting to put info out into the world. Basically the reinforcement packs in the store, also known as Base Set One, will be retired for a new Base Set. This change is to make the game easier to play for new players and also establish a much more diverse metagame over time. Sets such as Void Rising, Herald of the Void, etc, will still be available for the time being.

I hope this helps.

-Jason

Rlec
02-10-2014, 11:04 PM
Thanks for trying and Im sorry if I seem really slow but your faq is stuff from outer space and im still on the ground riding my peddle bike. Maybe it will help to say this is the first card type game Ive ever played.

Has anyone ever written a very detailed game explanation on this game....going from the simplest concepts to (introduction to card gaming) all the way to whatever the most advanced topics maybe (ie deck formation tips)?

del170109032657
02-10-2014, 11:14 PM
Well that changes things!

Check out the guides here: http://mmdocking.com/guides/

That should help a ton. The video tutorials by really0riginal are great for starting out. Hope this helps.

dobwen60
02-10-2014, 11:51 PM
Sets such as Void Rising, Herald of the Void, etc, will still be available for the time being.

I hope this helps.

Wow, based off my own questions/concerns and the numerous threads regarding the lack of clarity as to what "Base Set 1" meant in the FAQ posting, saying this helps, is a huge understatement. This is really good news (not just because I didnt want those packs to disappear), but because it also implies a lot of clarity regarding what achievements will go away as well.

cpcg101
02-10-2014, 11:55 PM
I'm getting a little perplexed by this game. I've been playing it for a year and it's getting less and less interesting as it gets more and more complexed. I cannot see what a new base set is going to acheive. The development is becoming increasingly elitist, the top players and the top decks are dictating where the game is going and the casual player looking for a fun time and a bit of violence is becoming marginalised by truly boring unbeatable decks and tactics. I played one of the top players the other day and he took away my entire deck of cards by turn nine. I didn't get to play at all, just watch - zero fun (I'm sure my opponent enjoyed it but I have no desire to watch him or her play with themselves). The tactics used nowadays are predominantly underhand, the competitive game is frustrating and bile inducing, for me the desire to gather more cards to compete is dissipating because I just want to fight, not rip people off and kidnap their family - but if I don't behave in that way I ain't gonna win.

Rlec
02-11-2014, 01:25 AM
JASONPARADISE.....

Thank you sir!! That link will keep me busy for awhile.

However I will be back! http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/tongue.png

Rlec

BodPud
02-11-2014, 11:40 AM
I'd like to know WC cost of BS2 Heroes. They come from different expansions and now I have to pay 8/16/21WC to buy them.
After BS2 appear they should be "equal" as base Heroes, but the same time old expansions still be available in Altar.
Can we expect that they will be removed from expansions' section in Altar and available only from BS2?