PDA

View Full Version : Info on Wild Cards after release of Base Set 2

gabusan
02-10-2014, 12:18 AM
As you probably know by now, Base Set 2 will bring huge changes and improvements to the game. However, I am sure most of you would like to know what will happen to Wild Cards. How will change the way they are obtained? Also, what will be the wild card cost of cards? Will "out of print" cards remain with the same prices as before? Or will they be more expensive because they are "out of print"? Cards of base set 2 will cost the same Wild Card wise to get as cards of base set 1 cost now?

Well, you came to the correct thread to find the answer to all these questions! As soon as CMs see that you want to know about that, they will surely bring these questions to the powers above and hopefully we will get an answer. So make sure to comment in this thread you really would like to know what is going to happen with wild cards.

Personally I have saved a good chunk of wild cards, but I am in no hurry to use them. On the other hand, if wild cards prices are about to increase...

haibel_87
02-16-2014, 06:06 PM
bump!

i too would love to know what will happen to the wildcard costs for the cards that are going to bein base set 2

zipcap
02-19-2014, 04:17 PM
I would like to know if prices will be decreased for expansions once the next expansion comes along. It'd be silly to have the upcomming 5th expansion to be more expensive than 5T cards currently are. I mean 20 WC for a rare spell? Geezus!

If you can answer this while you're at it: I only need one spell from 5T then I get achi and 15 WC, but the spell costs 20. Would I better off to wait for a price reduction in hopes that the achievement will remain too?

malkorion
02-23-2014, 04:27 PM
In the last stream on Friday, they said that they cannot say anything specific regarding Wildcard prices yet. But I think we'll find out as we get close to the release date. There are a few things you could do.

1) Just buy everything with your wildcards now because you're afraid that prices will skyrocket.
2) Save up wildcards because you're speculating, and hope that wildcard prices will stabilize after the BS2 patch.

gabusan
02-24-2014, 04:36 PM
In the last stream on Friday, they said that they cannot say anything specific regarding Wildcard prices yet. But I think we'll find out as we get close to the release date. There are a few things you could do.

1) Just buy everything with your wildcards now because you're afraid that prices will skyrocket.
2) Save up wildcards because you're speculating, and hope that wildcard prices will stabilize after the BS2 patch.

They did say that out of print cards will be harder to get. They also said that out of print cards would be available only with wild cards.

What we dont know is if with "harder to get" they meant you would not be able to get them opening packs anymore, or if it the higer difficulty included them being more expensive in wild cards. If prices do increase, people is not going to be happy.