PDA

View Full Version : Could we please have a definitive list of achievements that are going to be removed?

pforpantomime
02-09-2014, 10:52 AM
Dear Devs & Community Managers,

Don't just say "Achievements regarding “out of print” cards will be removed". Be clear, and kindly provide a list, please. I am saving you a lot of rage and QQ.

And do it fast. Coming up with an announcement like that so suddenly leaves your players very little time to complete their achievements, esp if the late March date is followed.

I really, really should not need to tell you lovely chaps how to do your job.:p

SpatulaOfDoom
02-09-2014, 11:01 AM
Dear Devs & Community Managers,

Don't just say "Achievements regarding “out of print” cards will be removed". Be clear, and kindly provide a list, please. I am saving you a lot of rage and QQ.

And do it fast. Coming up with an announcement like that so suddenly leaves your players very little time to complete their achievements, esp if the late March date is followed.

I really, really should not need to tell you lovely chaps how to do your job.:p

Where'd this quote come from? :O

If it's true, I definitely agree with you on this, let's see a list ASAP :D

NoHeal4u
02-09-2014, 12:29 PM
In fact, they could leave those achievements to the players who have already seen them.

This way we(old players) could do them later, even with WC and new players wouldn't have them on their list hence no grief for either of the groups.

I guess it would take more work to provide this, but why not? We are patient.

bluekiitos
02-09-2014, 02:42 PM
I agree, we need a clear list of achievements that are going to be removed, as soon as possible.

Strandly
02-09-2014, 06:00 PM
Where'd this quote come from? :O

If it's true, I definitely agree with you on this, let's see a list ASAP :D

What will happen with Base Set One achievements?

Achievements regarding “out of print” cards will be removed. We will add new achievements! If there are still Base Set One achievements you want to complete, now is the time to do it.

WarlordThuran
02-10-2014, 08:06 AM
absolutely agree! Especially since they have been a bit unclear on their terminology; Does base set 1 in this case refer to just the first base set, or to the first base set +expansions? I am hoping the former, but some of their statements also seem to insinuate the latter :S

gabusan
02-10-2014, 02:18 PM
Ah... only achievement regarding out of print cards will be removed? I thought it was all achievments getting removed and replaced for new ones.

I am an idiot, I rushed to buy cards that will still be in print after base 2 because I thought it was now or never to get the achievments.

JSP62
02-12-2014, 04:43 AM
I would like to see a list also. Doing a Google search turns up a few results, but they are all old dated posts. Be great if someone could link a very current and up to date one.

zapp626
02-12-2014, 10:42 AM
I actually think they were very clear about that, don't think it's very complicated. Just go through the list of achievements, is a card that is out of print in BS2 is mentioned this achievement is going to be replaced / removed.

I will give you some examples:

- Collect all events from herald of the void - most likely going to be removed. I guess there will be a new one, like collect all events from BS2
- Win 500 ranked duells - I guess this one is going to stay, but most likely Crag is going to be changed to a BS2 hero (Or it's going to be removed)
- Win a game with only rares and epics - Not bound to BS1, going to stay (Of course a lot harder to do in BS2)

I guess you can easiely create this list for yourself if you want to.

Kinetic_42
02-12-2014, 02:19 PM
I actually think they were very clear about that, don't think it's very complicated. Just go through the list of achievements, is a card that is out of print in BS2 is mentioned this achievement is going to be replaced / removed.

I will give you some examples:

- Collect all events from herald of the void - most likely going to be removed. I guess there will be a new one, like collect all events from BS2

Nope. HotV isn't going out of print. Only Base Set 1 is going out of print. Likely any achievement that mentions either "the first base set" or whose reward is "Reinforcement Packs" will be removed.

- Win 500 ranked duells - I guess this one is going to stay, but most likely Crag is going to be changed to a BS2 hero (Or it's going to be removed)
- Win a game with only rares and epics - Not bound to BS1, going to stay (Of course a lot harder to do in BS2)

I guess you can easiely create this list for yourself if you want to.

Goodkat203
02-12-2014, 03:43 PM
I actually think they were very clear about that

The clearest thing they could say is just give a list of achievements that will be removed. It is not hard to do and we shouldn't settle for less.

Kinetic_42
02-12-2014, 04:13 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/834628-Definitive-List-of-Achievements-Being-Removed-or-Altered?p=9534697#post9534697

zapp626
02-12-2014, 08:01 PM
Sorry Kinetic, but you are wrong. This is take from the official FAQ:

Achievements regarding “out of print” cards will be removed. We will add new achievements! If there are still Base Set One achievements you want to complete, now is the time to do it.

It clearly states "out of print" cards. Those is targeted towards ALL cards previous to BS2, and I'm also pretty sure they are not going to keep achievements regarding Expansions that are not even on sale any more in the shop.

So just a guess, when they say BS1, in this case they mean the old base packs + all extensions and BS2 are all cards that emerged from that for the new standard format.

Kinetic_42
02-12-2014, 08:12 PM
Sorry Kinetic, but you are wrong. This is take from the official FAQ:

It clearly states "out of print" cards. Those is targeted towards ALL cards previous to BS2, and I'm also pretty sure they are not going to keep achievements regarding Expansions that are not even on sale any more in the shop.

So just a guess, when they say BS1, in this case they mean the old base packs + all extensions and BS2 are all cards that emerged from that for the new standard format.

Stop spreading misinformation son.

What will happen with Base Set One cards?

Those cards will be considered as out of print but you will still be able to get them through the Altar of Wishes. The first base set is the only set that will be removed from the store once BS2 arrives. Void Rising will be the next set to rotate out, but the other expansions will still be available in the shop.

Will older cards still be available in packs? How will I acquire older cards?

Base Set One will be removed from the Shop. We want new players to use B2 since it will be the Standard format. Overall, we feel it will bring a more diversified meta. People who really want out of print cards (Base Set One) will be able to get them through the Altar of Wishes. Still, it’s not impossible that one day we bring Base Set One cards back in the Shop.

Bolded the pertinent parts for your convenience. As you'll notice, you're wrong. This is not targeting "All cards before Base Set 2", it is ONLY targeting "out of print" cards, i.e. Base Set 1. Also, please respond in my actual thread. Void Rising, Herald of the Void, Forgotten Wars, and Five Towers, both the sets and their achievements, will be untouched by this change.

zapp626
02-12-2014, 08:49 PM
You know that makes no sense right? Why would they remove 50% of the cards from the expansion, say that they want people to play with BS2 and that only BS2 will be available in the shop but keep the old expensions? Do you think they will remove the non BS2 cards from the expansions and still sell them?

Believe me, everything that's not on the card list for BS2 will be gone (Unless they change their minds and still sell the old packs somehow).

P.S. Not much sense in discussing this btw., we will see it in one month anyway.

Kinetic_42
02-12-2014, 08:59 PM
You know that makes no sense right? Why would they remove 50% of the cards from the expansion, say that they want people to play with BS2 and that only BS2 will be available in the shop but keep the old expensions? Do you think they will remove the non BS2 cards from the expansions and still sell them?

It makes perfect sense.

They are not "Removing 50% of the cards from the expansion", they are removing ONLY Base Set 1. That's it. They are creating a NEW FORMAT where only base set 2 can be used, but base set 1, and all the expansions can still be used in the Original Open Format.

They never said that Base Set 2 was going to be the only thing available in the shop. They said Base Set 2 was the only Base Set that would be available in the shop. They directly said that all the expansions, including Void Rising, Herald of the Void, Forgotten Wars, and Five Towers will still be available for purchase and WILL NOT be removed when Base Set 1 is removed. They will EVENTUALLY remove Void Rising, Herald of the Void, Forgotten Wars, and Five Towers from the shop, but they will NOT be doing it with the next patch. That is important.

Believe me, everything that's not on the card list for BS2 will be gone (Unless they change their minds and still sell the old packs somehow).

Why would I just "believe you" instead of believing Jason, the CM who DIRECTLY contradicts what you're saying? They don't have to change their minds, it has always been the case that Base Set 1 was the only set being removed, all the expansions will be untouched for the time being

P.S. Not much sense in discussing this btw., we will see it in one month anyway.

And there is a LOT of sense in discussing this now because your spreading misinformation is confusing and aggravating people. Don't try to end the conversation because you realize you're wrong and think you can just say "it makes no sense, nothing makes any sense, let's stop discussing it."

You're being wrong and bull headed. I pulled the DIRECT QUOTES that prove you wrong, and linked you to the thread where they came from. Stop just ignoring it and pushing your slanted perception on the world. Read what I wrote, admit you're wrong, and move on.

Gadjemil
02-12-2014, 09:13 PM
They will EVENTUALLY remove Void Rising, Herald of the Void, Forgotten Wars, and Five Towers from the shop, but they will NOT be doing it with the next patch. That is important.

That is important, but at the same time, it is not.

Sooner or later, the older expansions will disappear and, with them, their achievements. What's the point of collecting cards and doing achievements, then, if they intend to stop selling these expansions? The problem is just delayed.

Kinetic_42
02-12-2014, 09:23 PM
That is important, but at the same time, it is not.

Sooner or later, the older expansions will disappear and, with them, their achievements. What's the point of collecting cards and doing achievements, then, if they intend to stop selling these expansions? The problem is just delayed.

The delay is hugely important though, but with that being said, there is nothing confirming that the achievements for Void Rising -will- be removed. They don't have the same issues as the Base Set Achievements, in that, they refer to the Base Set, or their cards can be found from anything besides the Base Set (although some are in Base Set 2).

Either way, the achievements, while they may be removed eventually, aren't being removed YET, and we have significantly more time to work on them. Also, since we now know that those achievements could eventually be pulled, we have sufficient notice to get working on them.

dobwen60
02-12-2014, 09:43 PM

While I agree the initial explanation about what achievements would be removed could have been clearer, Kinetic quotes the official FAQ and Jason from Ubisoft made it even clearer in this thread on the forum:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/833683-Base-Set-2-questions

VR, HotV, FW, 5T, all of them will still be "in print", so it stands to reason that achievements regarding these sets will remain. Achievements like 500 seals for a valid premium Base Set deck or 1000 seals for all BS1 cards, those I would expect to be removed. The Hero achievements around BS1 as well. Etc...

zapp626
02-12-2014, 10:35 PM
Allright you are right, that's great news. So you will be able to get at least the expansion cards for open format, Jason did indeed alter this part in the FAQ. So I was wrong, never the less this is very good. So only a really small part of the cards will not be abailable for buying anymore, I can live with that I guess.