PDA

View Full Version : Notoriety

CloudCA87
02-07-2014, 05:52 PM
Will there ever be a future patch to add notoriety to the city's or small towns. I really enjoy the pirate and plundering, but I find really no reason to go to the city's and utilize the improved blending, fighters & courtesan's (which i'm glad you brought back) to it's full potential if all i have to do is run out of the little wanted circle. I find that if i want to have some fun with the land notoriety, I have to play the previous AC games. Please give some feedback Thx.:cool:

SirZeel
02-07-2014, 06:06 PM
Will there ever be a future patch to add notoriety to the city's or small towns. I really enjoy the pirate and plundering, but I find really no reason to go to the city's and utilize the improved blending, fighters & courtesan's (which i'm glad you brought back) to it's full potential if all i have to do is run out of the little wanted circle. I find that if i want to have some fun with the land notoriety, I have to play the previous AC games. Please give some feedback Thx.:cool:

That's a good point.
I have to admit that notoriety it's kinda unrealistic in a universe like ACIV, but yeah... I *NEVER* used the mercenaries and got the courtesans just a couple of times to hide while listening conversations.

Gibbo2g_83
02-07-2014, 06:26 PM

I agree with this I can't understand why they dropped the notoriety on land this and not being able to choose which weapon I want in each direction are the only 2 things that slightly spoiled Black Flag for me.

SirZeel
02-07-2014, 06:58 PM
not being able to choose which weapon I want in each direction

Uh? Can you explain this point better, please?

Gibbo2g_83
02-07-2014, 08:34 PM
Uh? Can you explain this point better, please?

Sorry I mean the weapon selector. In AC3 you can choose which weapon you have in each direction on the d-pad in Black Flag they're all set i.e. up for hidden blades, left for guns, right for the blowpipe and down for the swords. I would of liked to be able to change which weapons I have in the first slot in each d-pad direction. I think that's clearer I hope :)

SirZeel
02-07-2014, 08:49 PM
Sorry I mean the weapon selector. In AC3 you can choose which weapon you have in each direction on the d-pad in Black Flag they're all set i.e. up for hidden blades, left for guns, right for the blowpipe and down for the swords. I would of liked to be able to change which weapons I have in the first slot in each d-pad direction. I think that's clearer I hope :)

Much better. :D Thanks.

CloudCA87
02-08-2014, 05:05 AM
I agree with this I can't understand why they dropped the notoriety on land this and not being able to choose which weapon I want in each direction are the only 2 things that slightly spoiled Black Flag for me.

They put SOOO much focus on the pirating concept of the game that it kinda takes away from what AC is supposed to be. I don't even call it "Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag" I just call it "Black Flag" cause that's what it is, a pirate game, a badass pirate game but not an AC game, because of the little things they took out and the story doesn't involve the assassins and templars as much as previous games did. But anyways (going a little off topic) I would have to say the best notoriety FOR ME, was AC3 & Liberation. Just because when you had full notoriety they would attack you on sight. The Ezio Trilogy was good but it didn't go no higher than just investigating before they attacked you . Too everyone in the AC world, Which game had your best notoriety? :cool:

Kagurra
02-08-2014, 09:07 AM
Yeah no.

Cuz apparently they forgot how to make a notoriety system by the time AC3 came out, which was part of the reason that game was boring AF after you did everything. Max notoriety? Let me just spawn infinite Jagers around every corner so you spend 10 minutes in a fight with one Jager at a time, and NEVER fight other enemies until you pull down a flyer or something.

God that was really stupid.

The next game will (most likely...) be city/country based so they will need to input a notoriety system. I just hope they make one from scratch.

Gibbo2g_83
02-08-2014, 02:50 PM
Yeah no.

Cuz apparently they forgot how to make a notoriety system by the time AC3 came out, which was part of the reason that game was boring AF after you did everything. Max notoriety? Let me just spawn infinite Jagers around every corner so you spend 10 minutes in a fight with one Jager at a time, and NEVER fight other enemies until you pull down a flyer or something.

God that was really stupid.

The next game will (most likely...) be city/country based so they will need to input a notoriety system. I just hope they make one from scratch.

I agree about the Jagers being slightly annoying. I think in the next game once you get to a certain point of notoriety extra guards should be posted everywhere that attack you on sight. I think a good idea would be that the higher the notoriety gets the harder and more guards they put around the city and then finally once you get to full notoriety they send Assassins after you that have different counter icons so then depending what colour the counter icon flashes you counter it with different buttons I think this would make Assassin v Assassin fights ace especially if they have a health bar as well.

pirate1802
02-08-2014, 03:31 PM
I didn't miss it. Because as it was in the previous games, it was super easy keeping to down, but involved doing mundane tasks. At one point I'd just give up tearing down posters and not care about notoriety anymore. But no respite there either, as guards would give you chase on sight and life super difficult. So essentially it all boils down to you doing some very boring tasks to keep your *** out of the firing line. The only use of it, imo, was not during freeroam but during specific missions where you were "notorious" and guards were on the lookout for you. That is taken care in Black Flag without the notoriety system. So as far as I'm concerned, they need to rebuild this system from the scratch

Also the story side of this notoriety system brought forth some hilariously stupid moments, like in the beginning of the Carnivale, Ezio being notorious and everyone being on the lookout for a hooded guy. But as soon as he puts on a mask, Ezio is incognito, everyone forgets how he looks and conveniently ignore this hooded guy but with a mask now!

They put SOOO much focus on the pirating concept of the game that it kinda takes away from what AC is supposed to be. I don't even call it "Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag" I just call it "Black Flag" cause that's what it is, a pirate game, a badass pirate game but not an AC game, because of the little things they took out and the story doesn't involve the assassins and templars as much as previous games did.

I know its the cool thing these days to call AC IV Pirate's Creed, but don't you think that AC IV did a lot of improvements to the land mechanics as well? The amount of freedom and options available during the mission, was in there in the previous, "truer" AC games, especially the last two or three?

SixKeys
02-08-2014, 04:44 PM
I didn't miss notoriety in AC4. Like Pirate1802 said, in previous games it included a lot of busywork that ultimately wasn't very satisfying. AC4 was a special case in many ways, though - notoriety wouldn't have made sense because pirates were more or less always notorious anyway and Edward sailed around proudly displaying the black flag at all times. No notoriety worked for AC4 because of the story, but depending on the approach they take with the next game, it might be good to bring it back in reworked form. No more ripping down posters and bribing heralds, but something more realistic and fresh.

Gibbo2g_83
02-08-2014, 04:44 PM
I didn't miss it. Because as it was in the previous games, it was super easy keeping to down, but involved doing mundane tasks. At one point I'd just give up tearing down posters and not care about notoriety anymore. But no respite there either, as guards would give you chase on sight and life super difficult. So essentially it all boils down to you doing some very boring tasks to keep your *** out of the firing line. The only use of it, imo, was not during freeroam but during specific missions where you were "notorious" and guards were on the lookout for you. That is taken care in Black Flag without the notoriety system. So as far as I'm concerned, they need to rebuild this system from the scratch

Also the story side of this notoriety system brought forth some hilariously stupid moments, like in the beginning of the Carnivale, Ezio being notorious and everyone being on the lookout for a hooded guy. But as soon as he puts on a mask, Ezio is incognito, everyone forgets how he looks and conveniently ignore this hooded guy but with a mask now!

I know its the cool thing these days to call AC IV Pirate's Creed, but don't you think that AC IV did a lot of improvements to the land mechanics as well? The amount of freedom and options available during the mission, was in there in the previous, "truer" AC games, especially the last two or three?

I play these games for the fighting and combat above anything else so that's why I missed the notoriety in Black Flag I want to be attacked by every guard so I can take them all out. I've been playing Liberation and playing that I've realised just how much I missed the notoriety not being in Black Flag,taking posters down might be monotonous but there are other quicker ways to loose notoriety anyway like preachers and the printers in 3. As for the whole Pirates creed thing I just don't get it to be honest you wear a hood have hidden blades, assassinate people the same as in all the other games so who cares if nobody officially says you're an Assassin.
Anyway I really hope notoriety is back in AC5 or if it isn't at least put a lot more places that are heavily guarded and restricted in it. Oh and I hope they put the weapon selector from AC3 and Liberation HD back in AC5 aswell.

SixKeys
02-08-2014, 04:47 PM
I play these games for the fighting and combat above anything else so that's why I missed the notoriety in Black Flag I want to be attacked by every guard so I can take them all out. I've been playing Liberation and playing that I've realised just how much I missed the notoriety not being in Black Flag,taking posters down might be monotonous but there are other quicker ways to loose notoriety anyway like preachers and the printers in 3.

It's not like it's hard to make guards attack you in AC, with or without notoriety. I went around starting fights all the time just for the hell of it.

Landruner
02-08-2014, 05:00 PM
I didn't miss notoriety in AC4. Like Pirate1802 said, in previous games it included a lot of busywork that ultimately wasn't very satisfying. AC4 was a special case in many ways, though - notoriety wouldn't have made sense because pirates were more or less always notorious anyway and Edward sailed around proudly displaying the black flag at all times. No notoriety worked for AC4 because of the story, but depending on the approach they take with the next game, it might be good to bring it back in reworked form. No more ripping down posters and bribing heralds, but something more realistic and fresh.

Hi Sixkeys,

I some kind of missing it in AC4, but i get you when you write above "busywork" and you are right - I think the notoriety system of the previous games was based on the same template and carried over the past game and it seriously needed to be improved, but not completely dropped.

CloudCA87
02-08-2014, 08:15 PM
I agree about the Jagers being slightly annoying. I think in the next game once you get to a certain point of notoriety extra guards should be posted everywhere that attack you on sight. I think a good idea would be that the higher the notoriety gets the harder and more guards they put around the city and then finally once you get to full notoriety they send Assassins after you that have different counter icons so then depending what colour the counter icon flashes you counter it with different buttons I think this would make Assassin v Assassin fights ace especially if they have a health bar as well.

I agree, maybe the notoriety could reach 4 strikes before even harder guards come and take some time to build up. I also liked what you said about the Assassin's VS. Assassin's (if they can somehow incorporate it into the game). That's what i liked about the Ezio trilogy. The guards had health bars, and remember in AC Revelations the toughest guards (I can't think of there name) had to be counter or shoot them 3 times before you took them out. No one might not have liked it but i did.

CloudCA87
02-08-2014, 08:24 PM
Hi Sixkeys,

I some kind of missing it in AC4, but i get you when you write above "busywork" and you are right - I think the notoriety system of the previous games was based on the same template and carried over the past game and it seriously needed to be improved, but not completely dropped.

You said it. Don't completely take it out, but improve it or completely remake it. :cool:

CloudCA87
02-08-2014, 08:38 PM
It's not like it's hard to make guards attack you in AC, with or without notoriety. I went around starting fights all the time just for the hell of it.

It is easy to start a fight, but it's more of a challenge and fun when the enemy is looking to start a fight with you. What if the only time in GTA the police attacked you was when you attacked them first, and then you ran away and they just forgot about completely. It would be stupid, unrealistic and less of a challenge. Notoriety has to be kept in an AC game.

CloudCA87
02-08-2014, 08:52 PM

You say notoriety would not have made sense because pirates were notorious all around. I'll tell you what doesn't make sense, having built full notoriety on sea THEN, as soon as you touch down on land it's forgotten. . . . THAT doesn't make sense. and if they were so notorious and people and the government didn't care or knew not to **** with them. then just take it out completely. No notoriety what so ever . . . cause your a pirate, and that would make sense. :cool:

Hans684
02-08-2014, 09:11 PM
You say notoriety would not have made sense because pirates were notorious all around. I'll tell you what doesn't make sense, having built full notoriety on sea THEN, as soon as you touch down on land it's forgotten. . . . THAT doesn't make sense. and if they were so notorious and people and the government didn't care or knew not to **** with them. then just take it out completely. No notoriety what so ever . . . cause your a pirate, and that would make sense. :cool:

Like havana during the assassination of Torres, the entire city was a restricted.

SixKeys
02-08-2014, 10:02 PM
Like havana during the assassination of Torres, the entire city was a restricted.

That would have been a cool mission except there was no-one there. Maybe I missed something, but how the hell did they evacuate an entire city so fast? The notoriety didn't even matter since there were practically no guards.

Hans684
02-08-2014, 10:11 PM
That would have been a cool mission except there was no-one there. Maybe I missed something, but how the hell did they evacuate an entire city so fast? The notoriety didn't even matter since there were practically no guards.

I agree, it was disepointing. The entire city notorious and nobody there.

Landruner
02-08-2014, 10:34 PM
I agree, it was disepointing. The entire city notorious and nobody there.

I think the all agree upon that something was strange about that notoriety system in AC4 - While it was more present for the high sea, it was absent inside the cities and it was not really making sense - Except the situation at the end of AC4 with all notorious situation of Havana, it would have been cool to actually jungle with the notoriety and reputation by faction - For instance being notorious for the city with the faction that Edward pirated the most, and on the other hand, having a good reputation for the other faction and the corresponding city that could offer you money or items, while you were on their and then the opposite - something like that

SirZeel
02-08-2014, 10:41 PM
I think the all agree upon that something was strange about that notoriety system in AC4 - While it was more present for the high sea, it was absent inside the cities and it was not really making sense - Except the situation at the end of AC4 with all notorious situation of Havana, it would have been cool to actually jungle with the notoriety and reputation by faction - For instance being notorious for the city with the faction that Edward pirated the most, and on the other hand, having a good reputation for the other faction and the corresponding city that could offer you money or items, while you were on their and then the opposite - something like that

Actually it makes much sense.
Think about it: we have in many situations Kenway, Thatch, Kidd, Vane, etc. in one city. Think about how weird would have been if only Kenway got the notoriety problem.

Fatal-Feit
02-09-2014, 02:09 AM
I don't care for it, honestly. Notoriety was a useless feature in the Ezio Trilogy, and beefing it up in the Connor Saga only made it more unbearably irritating than a nuisance.

Although I would have liked some sort of piratey-contract-bounty-thingy feature for AC:4. The more mischief you cause, the bigger the bounty becomes. Having a bounty would have pirates, not guards to detect you on land and Pirate Hunters search for you on sea.

CloudCA87
02-09-2014, 02:51 AM

1 Memory. . . In 1 sequence. and that's the one i replay for some notoriety.