PDA

View Full Version : Please keep board games in future installments.

ConanTheLeader
02-07-2014, 05:12 PM
Fun/entertaining five minute distraction to take from time to time, as long as they are not tied into achievements, Achilles on fanorona is to damn hard! >_<

(Thank fully they were not tied into achievements in AC4)

UbiVolfbane
02-07-2014, 05:17 PM
Thank you for the feedback. I'll be sure to let the Dev team know that these were enjoyed !

LoyalACFan
02-07-2014, 05:34 PM
Achilles on fanorona is to damn hard! >_<

Lol yeah, it took me forever to figure out how to beat that old bastard, lol. Didn't help that I'd never even heard of Fanorona before. It was like learning how to play chess while attempting to beat Bobby Fischer :p

Speaking of chess, I'd love to see it in a future AC, provided that the setting allows for it. I thought Morris was kind of dumb, so I'd be more than happy to see chess in its place.

SixKeys
02-07-2014, 05:56 PM
No more board games, please. Or at least don't make beating them any kind of required challenge or achievement.

LadyGahan2010
02-07-2014, 06:07 PM
Amazing :eek: 5 minutes after posting the topic, with just one person stating their personal opinion, there is a comm dev joining in and saying he will pass it on that WE liked it. Just a sec. ONE person said so. Why no-one passes on topics with hundreds of replies that actually might have some meaning to the game and how we'd like it to have? ONE person, really?

I vote NO, get rid of that thing. Nuisance and nothing else. Will that be passed on? I doubt.

SirZeel
02-07-2014, 06:14 PM
I'm glad I don't care about PS trophies. :D
I was having a hard time beating Medium diff., I didn't even try Achilles.

LoyalACFan
02-07-2014, 07:51 PM
No more board games, please. Or at least don't make beating them any kind of required challenge or achievement.

This was the real issue, I think. It's not the board games themselves, it's being forced to play them to complete the game. That was annoying.

Fatal-Feit
02-07-2014, 07:53 PM
Oh, god yes. Please keep them! And add more games. These board games are really fun and adds plenty of fun on the side.

From what I've been reading, people don't want them because it's too hard for them. :rolleyes: Well I say phooey on them! Practice ya narbs.

SixKeys
02-07-2014, 08:21 PM
Oh, god yes. Please keep them! And add more games. These board games are really fun and adds plenty of fun on the side.

From what I've been reading, people don't want them because it's too hard for them. :rolleyes: Well I say phooey on them! Practice ya narbs.

Or maybe we simply don't care for them? I spent hours playing cards, Liar's Dice and even arm-wrestling in RDR because they were fun. The board games in AC are just boring and annoying.

SirZeel
02-07-2014, 08:26 PM
Or maybe we simply don't care for them? I spent hours playing cards, Liar's Dice and even arm-wrestling in RDR because they were fun. The board games in AC are just boring and annoying.

And let's admit it... the last game, bowls [I don't know the english name, it's the one you play vs Washington] it's really out of decency. :rolleyes:
I liked much more ACIV with Checkers [again, I'm not sure if it's called like this].

Fatal-Feit
02-07-2014, 09:13 PM

If you don't care for them, that's a silly reason for wanting them erased. They're not forced onto you and winning 2-3 games to achieve 100% is not a back-breaking work. Some people generally enjoy these simplistic board-games. The AIs are hard enough to give players a challenge.

But speaking of, some arm-wresting mini-games really should be implemented.

HiddenKiller612
02-07-2014, 09:34 PM
I'd rather have you bring bowls back...

berninheck
02-07-2014, 11:22 PM
I enjoyed the board games. I found the checkers to be easy to beat, but the other games, all of which I had never heard of before, challenged me even on the easiest difficulties. The one game where you move a piece and take all pieces either in front or behind of where it moved to/from still baffles me.

I agree with others that making them a requirement for completing the game is ... unpleasant. While I enjoyed the games, they weren't the reason I bought AC4BF. I'd have been right miffed if they were the only reason I couldn't complete the game.

IWGCJoeCool
02-08-2014, 01:27 AM
yeh, i'm pulled two ways on this really. the historical backdrop of these games is a big key to the enjoyment, and seeing "people" in casual times playing these little board games from the era is part of it. however, there must be a better way than to force play them for 100% synch or all Abstergo Challenges or something. maybe include playing them while in an eavesdrop zone, but not forcing you to win the thing would be good. get the info, finish your drink, and leave. then, if you were intrigued by the game, sit down to it when you want.

Marlins86cCanes
02-08-2014, 01:49 AM
If they are going to remain, just don't make it it part of the completion stat.

Landruner
02-08-2014, 04:12 PM
Fun/entertaining five minute distraction to take from time to time, as long as they are not tied into achievements, Achilles on fanorona is to damn hard! >_<

(Thank fully they were not tied into achievements in AC4)

I like the board games in the recent AC's entries, and like you mention they not only offer to the player some additional entertainment, they also offer to the world a bit more realism, and like you mention as long as they are optional and not tied to some achievements or synchronization completion.

Board game are very welcome.

At the same time and the same path the the board game, I believe they the future entries should keep, bar, tavern or clubs with all activities known including the board game and insert some others activities besides the board games as well.

Hans684
02-08-2014, 07:29 PM
I'd rather have a bow and arrow/shooting/fighting/running contest agains NPC'S with the challenge of the board games and not a mission. And of course a price to the winner. If there is board games i would like chess.

MnemonicSyntax
02-08-2014, 09:04 PM
If you don't care for them, that's a silly reason for wanting them erased. They're not forced onto you and winning 2-3 games to achieve 100% is not a back-breaking work. Some people generally enjoy these simplistic board-games. The AIs are hard enough to give players a challenge.

But speaking of, some arm-wresting mini-games really should be implemented.

It's not back breaking, no. But "winning XXX amount from gambling" is. It makes having to play just three games into more than that. From a role play stand point, Edward wouldn't have too much time to be "playing games" while someone like Haytham on the boat to Boston, would.

If they are going to remain, just don't make it it part of the completion stat.

That's my stance. I don't care if they're in game. Don't force me to play them for the completion stat though. I was pretty irritated when I found out about it in 4.

SixKeys
02-08-2014, 10:10 PM
It's not back breaking, no. But "winning XXX amount from gambling" is. It makes having to play just three games into more than that. From a role play stand point, Edward wouldn't have too much time to be "playing games" while someone like Haytham on the boat to Boston, would.

I gotta disagree with the roleplaying bit. If Edward had time to plunder hundreds of ships and sit in bars drinking until he passed out, I don't see why he wouldn't have time for a few games now and then. I can see him as the gambling type. It's more fitting for him than Connor anyway.

MnemonicSyntax
02-08-2014, 10:26 PM
I gotta disagree with the roleplaying bit. If Edward had time to plunder hundreds of ships and sit in bars drinking until he passed out, I don't see why he wouldn't have time for a few games now and then. I can see him as the gambling type. It's more fitting for him than Connor anyway.

I know Connor played board games as part of TOKW, but I believe he also played them as part of the main story as well at one point in a cutscene, so it's not too hard to believe him playing the games.

Plundering ships is beyond necessary not only for the Jackdaw, but it's also part of the story. The only time I do the "getting drunk" part is after a certain someone dies and he does it out of depression. Also, drinking is mentioned in the story as well, while playing board games, is not.

Again, it wouldn't be too much of a problem, IF it wasn't mandatory for Abstergo Challenges. That's just annoying.