PDA

View Full Version : old savegames and statistics on a new activation key

NeKryXe
02-07-2014, 12:42 AM
On November 2013 bought Assassin's Creed Black Flag Digital Deluxe Edition Pre-Order (EMEA) and Assassin's Creed Black Flag Season Pass on Steam. I started playing this game on single player mode on the first day it was released without any major problems, but, a few days later i found out that i wasn't able to play the multiplayer game. First i had a lot of NAT issues and since the first day of 2014 i got in a permanent "LIMITED MODE".

I've been asking for help on ubisoft support for the last 37 days and someone there asked for all my uplay account details, including login, password, serials, and even screenshots of the steam transaction, then, later, they gave me a new activation key. when i tried that key, i got a message that the key was invalid and when i tried again my old one that i bought in pre-order i got a message informing me that my own key was in use on another account. so, somehow, during this process i got an invalid key from ubisoft, and my steam key got stolen.

I'm now trying to get a refund from steam or ubisoft, since i completely lost the game, and, i decided to buy the physical retail boxed game, i don't want more of this online shops crap.

My doubt now is about my save games and statistics. If i buy the game in box, and install using my same account where i used to have AC4 before, will i be able to continue my game in the same point i was? or the savgames and statistics are fixed to the key?

GR_Thanasis
02-07-2014, 09:40 AM
The saves are related to the activation key unfortunately.

NeKryXe
02-07-2014, 12:47 PM
The saves are related to the activation key unfortunately.

damn! i have no idea what to do, i believe that my key was stolen by one ubisoft employee, but obviously, now, i'm not getting any answer from ubisoft support. i already tried to open another ticket asking for the refund but it probably will be closed by the same game who stole it.

is there any alternative way to contact ubisoft? i really don't trust support.ubi.com

Mr_Shade
02-07-2014, 01:48 PM
damn! i have no idea what to do, i believe that my key was stolen by one ubisoft employee, but obviously, now, i'm not getting any answer from ubisoft support. i already tried to open another ticket asking for the refund but it probably will be closed by the same game who stole it.

is there any alternative way to contact ubisoft? i really don't trust support.ubi.com
Hi,

The fact your old key 'is in use' - is most likely due to it being deactivated, since you were given a new key - if that new key is not working [invalid means the code maybe incorrect] - you should tell support asap.

Please do not open new tickets, since they maybe closed as a repeat - any communication about the ongoing issue, should be on the same ticket - so that staff are able to see - Ubisoft will endeavour to get the key working for you.

A member of support would not 'steal' a code, so I wouldn't assume that - please PM me your original ticket reference and I will get someone to contact you directly.

Please allow me to attempt to correct this issue for you and get you back to playing as soon as possible.

NeKryXe
02-07-2014, 02:00 PM
Hi,

The fact your old key 'is in use' - is most likely due to it being deactivated, since you were given a new key - if that new key is not working [invalid means the code maybe incorrect] - you should tell support asap.

Please do not open new tickets, since they maybe closed as a repeat - any communication about the ongoing issue, should be on the same ticket - so that staff are able to see - Ubisoft will endeavour to get the key working for you, so refunds are not normally issued.

A member of support would not 'steal' a code, so I wouldn't assume that - please PM me your original ticket reference and I will get someone to contact you directly.

the message i received very weird, it's telling me that my key is in use on another account, and i noticed that the game disappeared from my uplay account.
i'm still able to find the game on my Steam library but when i try to run it always asks me for an activation code.
i sent many messages during all day yesterday and today, i even gave my phone contact. i'm not quite sure what happened to my game but somehow its in use in another account and i'm sure i only gave my details to ubisoft support :\

here how it was asked:

Tom1/17/2014 12:13:26 PM
Could you please change your account password to: password123 We will investigate the issue here on our system to determine whether the issue is account related. I have sent you a password reset email.

LATER

Tom1/17/2014 1:13:08 PM
Could you please do the following:- - Open Steam and switch to the Library section, - Right click the game in the list and select the option for View CD Key. - Press the Print Screen key. - Go to the Start Button > Programs > Accessories > Paint. - Select Edit | Paste from the menu in Paint. - Now choose File | Save from the menu. - Go to your Desktop. - Type a meaningful name under File name:. - Make sure JPEG is selected under Save as type:. - Click Save. - Close Paint. - Open your e-mail program. - Upload the newly created picture from the Desktop to the support site, please go to http://support.ubi.com and login with your account. Go to 'My Questions' and click on your case. Also, could you please send us an image of the game appearing in your Steam transaction list.

Tom1/17/2014 1:16:22 PM
Please feel free to change your password back.

---

and since 1/17/2014 nothing changed and no problem was solved, until yesterday morning, that i got the message that my key was in use in another account.

Space_Odyssey
02-07-2014, 03:59 PM
Wait.. Ubi staff will never ask you for your password, or to change your password to something that they "know" ( I mean they wouldn't indicate to you what password to use. They can see through their database clearly). I think you might got hacked IF you're telling the truth.

Also if this is a Steam purchase, Ubi can do nothing. Contact Steam Support, present all valuable information that you are the owner of the game and you probably got hacked, and the "Steam game" will return to your library playable. Don't expect free game keys because if that was the case then everyone could get a second free key without even telling the truth.

NeKryXe
02-07-2014, 04:25 PM
Wait.. Ubi staff will never ask you for your password, or to change your password to something that they "know" ( I mean they wouldn't indicate to you what password to use. They can see through their database clearly). I think you might got hacked if you're telling the truth.

maybe i got hacked, but all the conversation with the serial and login request to my account is still stored and visible on my ticket on http://support.ubi.com - if it was a hack it was done on http://support.ubi.com - i made a copy of all the messages.

if fact i was really dumb to accept sending them my details, but i was waiting for so long to be able to play the game that i fall for it :\

NeKryXe
02-07-2014, 04:29 PM
Also if this is a Steam purchase, Ubi can do nothing. Contact Steam Support, present all valuable information that you are the owner of the game and you probably got hacked, and the Steam game will return to your library playable. Don't expect free game keys because if that was the case then everyone could get a second free key without even telling the truth.

i just tried my key and now it no longer says that it's in use on another account, now it says that it was banned :(

i already contacted steam on this, but as far as i know steam they'll take months to reply and a lot of months more to solve the problem.

Space_Odyssey
02-07-2014, 05:00 PM
i just tried my key and now it no longer says that it's in use on another account, now it says that it was banned :(

i already contacted steam on this, but as far as i know steam they'll take months to reply and a lot of months more to solve the problem.

A banned Steam key indicates that the key most probably was bought throughout another region and used to another that is not applicable. Also your Steam account can get banned if they think that you used a VPN or proxy to bypass regional prices. Aside from that, I cannot see how the two "your key is already in use" and "your key is banned" can relate to each another, it's either "in use" or "banned", unless Steam decided to ban the use of that key from every account that was using it, for one the above reasons or if it was bought with a stolen credit card for example.

Other than that, as Mr_Shade mentioned, a Ubi staff or any support staff will not steal a key. So, maybe your key was revoked by Steam if you used proxies/ VPNs to bypass regional pricing? Or had a credit card fiasko?

NeKryXe
02-07-2014, 10:42 PM
A banned Steam key indicates that the key most probably was bought throughout another region and used to another that is not applicable. Also your Steam account can get banned if they think that you used a VPN or proxy to bypass regional prices. Aside from that, I cannot see how the two "your key is already in use" and "your key is banned" can relate to each another, it's either "in use" or "banned", unless Steam decided to ban the use of that key from every account that was using it, for one the above reasons or if it was bought with a stolen credit card for example.

Other than that, as Mr_Shade mentioned, a Ubi staff or any support staff will not steal a key. So, maybe your key was revoked by Steam if you used proxies/ VPNs to bypass regional pricing? Or had a credit card fiasko?

O_o i don't use anything to bypass regional prices and i don't do credit card frauds!!!! i'm the one who got stolen. i have my account on steam for 10 years, i never had any problem with my account there and the code was stolen by an ubisof employee, it has nothing to do with steam.

On November 16, 2013, i paid 59.99€ for Assassin's Creed Black Flag Digital Deluxe Edition Pre-Order (EMEA), later, on November 22, 2013, i paid more 14.99€ for Assassin's Creed Black Flag Season Pass on Steam store, a total of 74.98€. - that was the price for my region, I have proof of those payments both on steam and on my paypal account. the problem is that i have no idea where to find help on this.

as i explained, i always had problems with AC4, since the beginning i wasn't able to play the multiplayer, so i reported to ubisoft, and at some point someone with access to the ticket on ubisoft support asked me for my details and my key. i made the mistake to believe that it was safe to share it on ubisoft support. only after that my key was stolen.

yesterday, every time i tried to enter my CD Key for Assassin's Creed Black Flag Digital Deluxe Edition Pre-Order i was getting the next message:

"This CD Key or Activation Code is already in use with another Uplay Account. For more information please contact Ubisoft Support"

now, every time i try to enter my CD Key for Assassin's Creed Black Flag Digital Deluxe Edition Pre-Order i get the next message:

"This CD Key or Activation Code has been banned. For more information please contact Ubisoft Support."

looks like they banned my key, so now, not me or the thief can use it :\

NeKryXe
02-08-2014, 04:41 PM
please! anyone know where should i report this kind of scams for below 100 goods?

i already got a reply from steam and looks like they don't deal hacked or stolen keys :\
and ubisot support is not replying and it's obviously not reliable.
also, i can't report it on payplal or my bank because i paid on steam and it's not their fault.

anyone knows if there is any legal way for me to recover my activation code or the money?

thanks.

Space_Odyssey
02-08-2014, 05:10 PM
O_o i don't use anything to bypass regional prices and i don't do credit card frauds!!!! i'm the one who got stolen. i have my account on steam for 10 years, i never had any problem with my account there and the code was stolen by an ubisof employee, it has nothing to do with steam.

On November 16, 2013, i paid 59.99€ for Assassin's Creed Black Flag Digital Deluxe Edition Pre-Order (EMEA), later, on November 22, 2013, i paid more 14.99€ for Assassin's Creed Black Flag Season Pass on Steam store, a total of 74.98€. - that was the price for my region, I have proof of those payments both on steam and on my paypal account. the problem is that i have no idea where to find help on this.

as i explained, i always had problems with AC4, since the beginning i wasn't able to play the multiplayer, so i reported to ubisoft, and at some point someone with access to the ticket on ubisoft support asked me for my details and my key. i made the mistake to believe that it was safe to share it on ubisoft support. only after that my key was stolen.

yesterday, every time i tried to enter my CD Key for Assassin's Creed Black Flag Digital Deluxe Edition Pre-Order i was getting the next message:

"This CD Key or Activation Code is already in use with another Uplay Account. For more information please contact Ubisoft Support"

now, every time i try to enter my CD Key for Assassin's Creed Black Flag Digital Deluxe Edition Pre-Order i get the next message:

"This CD Key or Activation Code has been banned. For more information please contact Ubisoft Support."

looks like they banned my key, so now, not me or the thief can use it :\

There's no need to get offensive. I was merely trying to explain on what grounds this happens. Your key also could have been revoked by the retailer (Ubi in this instance), just to examine further the case. I doubt an employee could just steal keys and not expecting to get caught, overall in the game industry this so rare that you could say that it doesn't happen at all, and in the few insances that it did happen, those employees were found and fired. Again, don't make quick judgements assuming you are always telling the truth. The key could have simply been revoked for the sole purpose to aid you better, also have in mind that this requires some time for investigation, and I'm quite sure Ubisoft Support doesn't work on weekends so you'll have to wait until Monday to get some answers if you haven't already.

please! anyone know where should i report this kind of scams for below 100€ goods?

i already got a reply from steam and looks like they don't deal hacked or stolen keys :\
and ubisot support is not replying and it's obviously not reliable.
also, i can't report it on payplal or my bank because i paid on steam and it's not their fault.

anyone knows if there is any legal way for me to recover my activation code or the money?

thanks.
What? I personally know a couple of guys that their steam accounts (/games) were involved in a hacking attempt and they got their games back through Steam Support.
That's why every retailer, be it Steam or Ubisoft with Uplay will always tell you with bright letters to not tell anyone your password or the staff will never ask for your passwords, etc.

P.S.: Please tell us also that you shut down and typed every letter and number of the second key you obtained through Ubi Support. Copy and pasting it will NOT work in most cases. You'll have to type each character, otherwise they key could come up as invalid.

NeKryXe
02-08-2014, 05:59 PM
P.S.: Please tell us also that you shut down and typed every letter and number of the second key you obtained through Ubi Support. Copy and pasting it will NOT work in most cases. You'll have to type each character, otherwise they key could come up as invalid.

yep. i tried that too. i tried lots of times, but after a few tries the account is locked for 60 minutes and i have to wait.
i've been trying everyday both keys. mine is now banned and the key i received on support is invalid.
anyway, if the progression is lost with a new key i can only accept my original key back or my money.

Space_Odyssey
02-08-2014, 06:13 PM
yep. i tried that too. i tried lots of times, but after a few tries the account is locked for 60 minutes and i have to wait.
i've been trying everyday both keys. mine is now banned and the key i received on support is invalid.
anyway, if the progression is lost with a new key i can only accept my original key back or my money.

I don't think Steam has a return money policy...

NeKryXe
02-08-2014, 08:53 PM
I don't think Steam has a return money policy...

i only shared my key on an ubisoft ticket and no one has access to my steam account, i'm sure that the security failure was at ubisoft end, so, i couldn't blame steam for it. i've been using the steam support for 10 years and i never had a single security issue. i'm asking ubisoft to return my game working and the progression as it was or all my money from AC4 Deluxe + Season Pass. obviously i'm interested in the game and not in the money, but it's the only fair way i can imagine for ubisoft to clean this mess.

Mr_Shade
02-08-2014, 09:09 PM
Please do not assume that there is some 'security' issue with ubisoft support.

Your original key - was revoked - due to you asking for and receiving a replacement…?

That would mean your game on the old key - is unavailable - and may report as being in use?

[Keys when revoked are normally removed from the system, though that can cause strange errors if you attempt to re-use it - which you shouldn't]

Repeated entering of an invalid [or revoked] Product Code - or you typing a working code wrongly - will result in the Ban message - it's a temp ban - and should be removed after a short while..

If it's continuing to report as 'invalid' - please wait for support.

The fact your new key is reporting as invalid, is the main issue here - once you get a fully working key - you will have access again.

This I have explained in PM to you - so I suggest you wait and see what support suggest over the key issue, before you start posting that support has stolen your money and games please..

Please await a member of support contacting you to resolve the issue.

NeKryXe
02-08-2014, 10:32 PM
Your original key - was revoked - due to you asking for and receiving a replacement…?

i never asked for a replacement key. in fact, i'm not interested at all in a replacement key because i don't want to lose my progression in the game, so, i can't accept a new key. i just want my original key back.

If it's continuing to report as 'invalid' - please wait for support.

the new key is invalid since the first second. it doesn't matter how many times i try, it's always invalid. i informed it right away in support, and after your help, the same guy "Tom", who got my original key, replied me on my ticket 01056972 informing me that the new key is valid. i replied to him in less than one minute but after that i never got any reply. they just assumed that the new key is valid but it isn't.

This I have explained in PM to you - so I suggest you wait and see what support suggest over the key issue, before you start posting that support has stolen your money and games please..

i never posted anything about stolen money. i paid to steam and i have no problem with steam. in fact i still can find AC4 on my steam library, it only disappeared from my uplay account. anyway, how long more do i need to wait? i've been cheated by ubisoft support for almost 40 days and i've been unable to run the multiplayer game since the 1st day of the year, now i'm even unable to play the single player game. i know you tried to help me many times, but understand that ubisoft support did nothing but bring me more problems. i own all AC titles and although i was really enjoying AC4 the fact is that no other game is so messy as this one, and the support is absolutely slow and awful.

Mr_Shade
02-08-2014, 10:38 PM
Someone from support will contact you as soon as my contact is back at work - which will be Monday.

The game in Steam, won't work - due to the key being revoked, after you were issued a new one - the old one will be revoked on the system, so that error saying its in use is normal, and nothing to worry about.

Since you are using Steam - have you tried using it in Steam as well? - if it's a Uplay product key, it can only be activated in Uplay - and if it's a steam key - it needs activating in Steam first - so worth checking

Other than that, I can only suggest waiting until someone contacts you on Monday.

Hopefully we can get the new key working and sorted out asap.

NeKryXe
02-08-2014, 11:26 PM
Someone from support will contact you as soon as my contact is back at work - which will be Monday.

The game in Steam, won't work - due to the key being revoked, after you were issued a new one - the old one will be revoked on the system, so that error saying its in use is normal, and nothing to worry about.

Since you are using Steam - have you tried using it in Steam as well? - if it's a Uplay product key, it can only be activated in Uplay - and if it's a steam key - it needs activating in Steam first - so worth checking

Other than that, I can only suggest waiting until someone contacts you on Monday.

Hopefully we can get the new key working and sorted out asap.

i always started the game from steam, that's the only place i have the game installed since i bought it on steam.
so, i run the game from my steam library, as usual, then it opens an uplay window asking for the activation code. there, is the only place where i can test the keys.

anyway, now that i know that i could lose my progression on the game i'll not take risk to test again another key. i can only accept my original key back. if it was not stolen, then they can just reactivate my original key and leave me in peace.

Space_Odyssey
02-09-2014, 01:47 AM
For a 10 year old account on Steam, you sure don't know their policies. (No refunds etc).
Also, I don't think you'll lose any of the progression in the game (unless stated otherwise by a Ubi Support Staff) , because the progression is account based especially if you have Steam's and Uplay's cloud savings enabled then you don't need to worry. Also the savegames are stored to your local machine (wether it would be in Steam's folder or Ubisoft's/Uplay's).

NeKryXe
02-09-2014, 03:58 AM
For a 10 year old account on Steam, you sure don't know their policies. (No refunds etc).

i already explained this many times in this thread, but here it goes again.
i didn't have this problem with steam support, it was on ubisoft support site, here: http://support.ubi.com
i never asked for a refund on steam. i asked ubisoft to return my activation code or the money.

this problem is strictly with ubisoft and not with steam.
i just reported this problem to steam only to find out if they were able to help me, but nothing of this mess is caused by steam.
so why would i fail with steam if the one failing with me is ubisoft?
AC4 is still visible and available on my steam library, it only disappeared from uplay.

Space_Odyssey
02-09-2014, 01:03 PM
You fail to realize that the physical retailer in this instance is Steam, and Steam has a no refund policy. If it was a retail CD copy of the game bought from a store, then, if this store had a refund policy, you could have simply return the game back to claim your money. But no, since it's a Steam purchase, policies of Steam must be applied wether it's an Ubisoft or an EA game or whatever. Also, Digital Editions of games worldwide have a no refund policy in most platforms they sell (99.99% of times if not 100%), I think it is mentioned in the EULA. The game might be missing from your Uplay launcher but that's because the old CD key was revoked by Ubisoft to aid you better (and since you got a new in return even if somehow it doesn't work that doesn't mean that it will be left like it is).

I highly doubt in this point that you want to find any valuable solution to your problem. Refund is out of the question (since I explained earlier that the digital editions have a no refund policy across every platform they sell) and until Monday the key issue will probably be solved. Also, getting your old key back is out of the question. That key has been wiped out from the database and it lies in a "cold place" with some other revoked keys that cannot be implemented again into the system.

Mr_Shade
02-09-2014, 06:39 PM
i always started the game from steam, that's the only place i have the game installed since i bought it on steam.
so, i run the game from my steam library, as usual, then it opens an uplay window asking for the activation code. there, is the only place where i can test the keys.

anyway, now that i know that i could lose my progression on the game i'll not take risk to test again another key. i can only accept my original key back. if it was not stolen, then they can just reactivate my original key and leave me in peace.

If the key you have is reporting 'limited mode' - it's possible the only fix is a new key, hence why it was offered.

If you want to play without the 'limited mode' - it may well require you reinstalling the game, support should be able to answer if that means your save data is nontransferable.

It sounds like the 'invalid' key maybe due to you trying to use the Steam version to play:

Ubisoft support normally only give out Uplay keys - NOT steam keys..

You are trying to use a Uplay key - on the Steam version of Uplay [even though the Steam game launches the Uplay client, they are different - the Steam Uplay will only show Steam titles]

You should try downloading and installing the Uplay PC client, from www.uplay.com - and entering the key you were given into that version, since support say the key IS valid, it maybe due to using the wrong client to redeem it.

This install, will be separate from your old Steam version, however it may mean you have to start over.

This Steam vs Uplay issue, maybe why you have had so many issues, however please do continue to talk to support.

Space_Odyssey
02-09-2014, 08:52 PM
If he creates a new account and uses the new key in it, or delete and redonload the Uplay client he will surely lose all his saved data.
I would suggest navigating through your Steam folders or Uplay folders firstly and see if there is any saved data progression for AC IV. If there is, make a copy first, and then redownload the Uplay client as suggested.

NeKryXe
02-10-2014, 03:57 AM
You should try downloading and installing the Uplay PC client, from www.uplay.com (http://www.uplay.com) - and entering the key you were given into that version, since support say the key IS valid, it maybe due to using the wrong client to redeem it.

i'm not even going to try that. i didn't bought the game on steam by mistake, i bought it on steam because i wanted it on steam. i don't use the uplay play client and i have no plan to ever use it. all the games i have on that thing are on my steam account, i just have a login there because i'm forced to have it, but i'll never run uplay client to start a game. if that is the problem, for me it is the same of being stolen, because i had my game on steam.

more. i own AC and ACII boxed special editions, and i bought it all again to have it on steam. i don't want AC4 out of my steam account.

ubisoft is doing a really big mess with my game since i bought it, but i'm sure that the problem is not from steam. i have friends that also got the game on steam and they are able to play on multiplayer without that "limited mode" bug, if they can't return my key back or give me a new valid key with the pre-order bonus and preserving my progress, they can buy a new key for me on steam. they have no right to remove my key, i'm not even a uplay customer, i'm a steam customer.

Black_Widow9
02-10-2014, 05:57 AM
Almost all of our games that are on Steam use Uplay as well. You can find it on the games homepage.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/242050/

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j267/superstartawni/Mobile Uploads/uplaysteam_zps1fbfc946.jpg

I would suggest continuing your conversation with Support as well. This may or may not help you but it explains how keys work through Steam also.
https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ.aspx?platformid=9&brandid=22&productid=4186&faqid=kA030000000eT9qCAE

Uplay PC CD keys are unique and can only be used once. Once they are used, they are bound to the Uplay account that was logged in at the time of initial activation.

You do not need to create a new Uplay account. If you are receiving this error, chances are you already have more than one Uplay account. You can simply log in to your other known Uplay account(s) to find which one has the game registered.

Steam: Games purchased through Steam will appear in the "My Games" tab in the full Uplay PC application. If you are trying to play a game originally purchased through Steam, you can either launch the game through the Steam application or through Uplay itself.

1. Start by launching the Uplay PC client (Start -> Programs -> Ubisoft -> Uplay)

2. Click the Gear icon at top right then select Change User from the list.

http://help.support.ubi.com/images/splintercell/Blacklist/kiu02.png

3. Login with a different Uplay account.

http://help.support.ubi.com/images/splintercell/Blacklist/kiu03.png

If you need assistance determining which Uplay account your game key is registered to, click here (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/MyQuestionHistory.aspx) then login with your Uplay account. Select Ask a Question at the top to submit a ticket to Ubisoft Support.

NeKryXe
02-10-2014, 02:04 PM
Almost all of our games that are on Steam use Uplay as well. You can find it on the games homepage.

yep. i know all of that very well. i own a lot of ubisoft titles all bought on steam and running from steam, as i only accept, and i have only one uplay account that i only login after running a game from steam.

i've been playing many uplay games from steam since Assassin's Creed 2 and this was the first time i got all this problems. so, i'm perfectly sure that it is not cause by my misunderstanding on how that drm works. i know that i was really dumb to trust ubisoft support and reveal my own activation code to an anonymous employee, but i'm not that dumb to have more than one uplay account :\

the funny thing is that i may be having all this problems with the new key they sent me exactly because i refuse to create a new account and i want to keep my one and only account.

Mr_Shade
02-10-2014, 04:44 PM
No one is asking you to create a new Uplay account?

You can sign into any Uplay client, with your existing Uplay account [the one you use for steam] - our suggestions were to get you access to your game, so you can play - by using the stand alone Uplay client.

Uplay is a content delivery system, like steam - so it's not DRM as such - Uplay is required by all Ubisoft titles from AC2 onwards - to install and update titles as well as allow access to online features - so you have been using it, as you say - however it's possible you need to use the dedicated Uplay client for the key you have, rather than the steam version - this is all we were suggesting.

BUT - since you appear only to be interested in using the original key, which appears to have been faulty [reporting as limited mode] and needed to be replaced - we can't offer any more advice - so you will need to talk to Ubisoft support - or - Steam, though Steam will most likely ask you to talk to Ubisoft support, due to it apparently being a key issue.

NeKryXe
02-10-2014, 07:32 PM
No one is asking you to create a new Uplay account?

You can sign into any Uplay client, with your existing Uplay account [the one you use for steam] - our suggestions were to get you access to your game, so you can play - by using the stand alone Uplay client.

Uplay is a content delivery system, like steam - so it's not DRM as such - Uplay is required by all Ubisoft titles from AC2 onwards - to install and update titles as well as allow access to online features - so you have been using it, as you say - however it's possible you need to use the dedicated Uplay client for the key you have, rather than the steam version - this is all we were suggesting.

BUT - since you appear only to be interested in using the original key, which appears to have been faulty [reporting as limited mode] and needed to be replaced - we can't offer any more advice - so you will need to talk to Ubisoft support - or - Steam, though Steam will most likely ask you to talk to Ubisoft support, due to it apparently being a key issue.

i understand that. but i believe that if i activate one key directly from uplay i might lose my game on steam, and i don't want that, i want to run AC4 from steam.

i already contacted steam to find out if they could help me recovering my key, but as you said, they asked me to contact ubisoft.

NeKryXe
02-14-2014, 12:34 AM
on 2/11/2014 3:16:40 PM ubisoft support told me that my key wasn't stolen but revoked (i don't even know what it means) and they gave me another key that i was able to activate on my account but the game never started anyway. now, every time i start AC4 it launches normally but stays stuck with a triangle going around forever and saying "logging in to ubisoft server, please wait" but nothing happens > http://postimg.org/image/gtb5kkna7/

now they blame my internet connection, as expected, which is priceless since i'm still able to play all multiplayer games i bought in the last 15 years, including ACB, ACR and ACIII in the same connection.

so, after all looks like the key wasn't stolen but revoked which looks quite the same for me :\

Alphacos007
02-14-2014, 05:06 PM
on 2/11/2014 3:16:40 PM ubisoft support told me that my key wasn't stolen but revoked (i don't even know what it means) and they gave me another key that i was able to activate on my account but the game never started anyway. now, every time i start AC4 it launches normally but stays stuck with a triangle going around forever and saying "logging in to ubisoft server, please wait" but nothing happens > http://postimg.org/image/gtb5kkna7/

now they blame my internet connection, as expected, which is priceless since i'm still able to play all multiplayer games i bought in the last 15 years, including ACB, ACR and ACIII in the same connection.

so, after all looks like the key wasn't stolen but revoked which looks quite the same for me :\

Well, beeing revoked means they removed your game, or de-activated it, which is basically the same as stealing it from you if you actually paid for the game.
Anyways, you can jump that logging in to ubisoft server part by pressing esc, but that will throw you in to limited mode.
Did you really try everything? Put the game as an exception in your firewall, open the router ports, etc?

NeKryXe
02-15-2014, 02:39 PM
Well, beeing revoked means they removed your game, or de-activated it, which is basically the same as stealing it from you if you actually paid for the game.
Anyways, you can jump that logging in to ubisoft server part by pressing esc, but that will throw you in to limited mode.
Did you really try everything? Put the game as an exception in your firewall, open the router ports, etc?

yes, i tried everything. i had a lot of nat issues since the release date to 1st January 2014 when i got stuck in "limited mode". since then i searched help on forums, my isp, technical support, ubisoft, steam, i even tried many different connections and computers, nothing solved it.

a few weeks ago, the incompetent ubisoft support, unable or uninterested to solve my problem, just decided without any notification and my authorization to revoke my valid activation key of Assassin's Creed Black Flag Digital Deluxe Edition Pre-Order (at least, that's what they are saying, but i think it was stolen by an employee), since this day i completely lost access to the game. now i can't even reach the menu to go to multiplayer because i don't have a valid key to the game.

they are refusing now to give back my own activation code, claiming that my original key was damaged O_o and they gave me a new faulty key that is not being accepted on ubisoft servers even to reach the menu, single player or multiplayer. i completely lost the game, and the season pass. at this point i can't play or try anything.

Space_Odyssey
02-16-2014, 10:44 AM

There is actually an instance that if a customer bypassed regional prices, the key could be revoked, which is not stealing, but this is not the case.
Also, for this case, there are guidelines that when a customer has no problem from his end concerning internet accessibility (NAT,firewalls,anti-viruses don't cause any accessibility problems etc) and yet is limited to offline mode, that the CD-key might be the cause of that. So the faulty key is revoked and another one is given out for replacement, which again is not stealing. Now, if the customer didn't try what was actually suggested by Ubi's Support (like downloading separately the Uplay launcher and giving the new key a go there, etc) then it's not Ubi's fault. The new key in this case that was given out, is reporting as valued which means that it's a real working key pending to be used.

NeKryXe
02-16-2014, 07:50 PM
Now, if the customer didn't try what was actually suggested by Ubi's Support (like downloading separately the Uplay launcher and giving the new key a go there, etc) then it's not Ubi's fault. The new key in this case that was given out, is reporting as valued which means that it's a real working key pending to be used.

that was never suggested in support but only here in the forum. in the support they never asked me to use uplay launcher separately from steam. in fact they confirmed later that the new faulty key that they gave me was for steam only. i don't even believe that it would be legal for ubisoft to remove customers from steam against their will. they unauthorizedly revoked my key (as they like to call) but at least they never tried to force me to left steam.

anyway, i begged many times in support for my old key and they always refused it, as they also refused to remove the new faulty key from my account. so, even if i wanted to try the key directly in uplay launcher, which i don't, i wouldn't be able to, because i have no way to remove this new faulty key from my account. i tried everything.

(on my ticket) Shane 2/12/2014 7:53:44 PM > "It is not possible for your to remove a key from your account"