PDA

View Full Version : Freedom Cry is going to be released as a stand alone Game

MasterAssasin84
02-05-2014, 11:54 PM
Don't quite know what to think of this ??

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/assassins-creed-iv-dlc-freedom-cry-being-released-as-a-standalone-game/

420JJ
02-05-2014, 11:57 PM
It's just Freedom Cry by itself without the need to own the main game to play it. Just for PS and PC. To repeat, just the DLC without the requirement to own Black Flag. No big deal if you already own Freedom Cry on any platform.

STDlyMcStudpants
02-05-2014, 11:58 PM
This is of course to be a 'sample' and get players to buy AC IV.....but why not just do this to begin with? lol also $15 is a joke lollll

MasterAssasin84
02-06-2014, 12:02 AM
It's just Freedom Cry by itself without the need to own the main game to play it. Just for PS and PC. To repeat, just the DLC without the requirement to own Black Flag. No big deal if you already own Freedom Cry on any platform.

I just can't understand why ? i mean its not as iff the game is a huge 15 sequel epic !! ( was not really nothing to scream about anyway !! ) if they was a going to release DLC as standalone why not TOKW !! ...

420JJ
02-06-2014, 12:06 AM
Perhaps they are doing it as a way of honoring black history month? Who knows?

phoenix-force411
02-06-2014, 01:44 AM
Money. Seriously, Adewal's DLC doesn't seem that good anyways besides the box thing.

LoyalACFan
02-06-2014, 02:03 AM
Money. Seriously, Adewal's DLC doesn't seem that good anyways besides the box thing.

On the contrary, I found it to be the best DLC of the franchise.

phoenix-force411
02-06-2014, 02:26 AM
On the contrary, I found it to be the best DLC of the franchise.

These small DLCs don't really need a separate game by itself unless they're actually goin' to expand a lot more on it. But that would be ripping off players.

jeffies04
02-06-2014, 02:50 AM
It's definitely to make money, but I don't disagree with that.

I liked Freedom Cry more than I thought I would as a DLC. I'm not sure how I would have felt about it as a standalone game.

I enjoyed seeing the French in the Caribbean.. it bothered me just a bit that they were missing from AC-IV. I can only assume it's because Ubi felt like if they added French ships they would have to build Port au Prince, and were saving its story for the DLC... but I would've been fine with them only adding French ships in the Southeast and then adding the city in the DLC. Anyway, sorry I'm getting a little OT.

LoyalACFan
02-06-2014, 03:38 AM
These small DLCs don't really need a separate game by itself unless they're actually goin' to expand a lot more on it. But that would be ripping off players.

No, I agree that the standalone release is goofy, but the DLC itself is solid.

poptartz20
02-06-2014, 08:30 AM
Really? 14.99!?

correct me if I'm wrong but right now isn't it 9.99 without the Season Pass?

Umm.. look like the smart thing to do is buy this before the price jump.

GreyBeardJim
02-06-2014, 12:58 PM
Really? 14.99!?

correct me if I'm wrong but right now isn't it 9.99 without the Season Pass?

Umm.. look like the smart thing to do is buy this before the price jump.

It's $9.99 as a DLC if you already own the main game. It's $14.99 as a standalone game.

Gibbo2g_83
02-06-2014, 02:23 PM
This sort of makes me think that they're trying to make sure people play Adewales story I think it might be because the next game is going to be about Adewales grandson.

ACLexter
02-06-2014, 02:42 PM
I think so too. there is a reason (aside money) why they made this game a stand alone game. I'm quite sure the next AC has a connection with Adewale.

dxsxhxcx
02-06-2014, 03:17 PM
why would they make easier (and cheaper) for a newcomer to have a better understanding of a possible (not so relevant) link between Adewale and the next ancestor if they could grab much more money by making the newcomers buy AC4 and the DLC for a higher price? IMO this is just a way to give newcomers a taste of what they can expect of AC4 to lure them into buying that game.

GreyBeardJim
02-06-2014, 05:37 PM
why would they make easier (and cheaper) for a newcomer to have a better understanding of a possible (not so relevant) link between Adewale and the next ancestor if they could grab much more money by making the newcomers buy AC4 and the DLC for a higher price? IMO this is just a way to give newcomers a taste of what they can expect of AC4 to lure them into buying that game.

I don't see why it can't be both. :)

LoyalACFan
02-06-2014, 05:40 PM
This sort of makes me think that they're trying to make sure people play Adewales story I think it might be because the next game is going to be about Adewales grandson.

They have been going on about him a lot in Initiates, haven't they? I gotta admit, I'd like the poetic conclusion of Edward's grandson and Ade's grandson coming together after all these years. Plus, there was that full-body image of him from Initiates that seemed a bit too detailed for him to be an irrelevant character, but maybe that's just me.

http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140120130207/assassinscreed/images/2/2a/AFamilyVow_Eseosa.jpg

I still have some reservations about yet another 18th/early 19th century game though.

MasterAssasin84
02-06-2014, 11:08 PM

Agreed 200% !

Am i the only one that hated freedom cry ? oK fair enough Adewale is a prominent figure in Edwards Crew and to be honest i think that they let is character down with Freedom Cry !

ze_topazio
02-07-2014, 01:52 AM
They have been going on about him a lot in Initiates, haven't they? I gotta admit, I'd like the poetic conclusion of Edward's grandson and Ade's grandson coming together after all these years. Plus, there was that full-body image of him from Initiates that seemed a bit too detailed for him to be an irrelevant character, but maybe that's just me.

http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140120130207/assassinscreed/images/2/2a/AFamilyVow_Eseosa.jpg

I still have some reservations about yet another 18th/early 19th century game though.

They better give him a hood, and this is a not a racist remark saying he should be sent to the ghetto, I'm talking about the headgear. :cool:

Connor and Eseosa team up and come to Portugal to fight in the Peninsular war, you heard it here first... and last.

Fatal-Feit
02-07-2014, 02:57 AM
Plus, there was that full-body image of him from Initiates that seemed a bit too detailed for him to be an irrelevant character, but maybe that's just me.

Not detailed enough for a full length character. Although I do have a weird feeling that he's getting a game and with Connor's pre-alpha robe.

http://i62.tinypic.com/20zob3p.jpg

I don't know, I just can't give up the fact that this badass robe haven't been used.

LoyalACFan
02-07-2014, 04:25 AM
Not detailed enough for a full length character.

I dunno, for someone who's got nothing more than a glorified database entry on Initiates, it seems pretty damn detailed to me.

Kagurra
02-07-2014, 07:49 AM
Not good enough to be a stand alone. On the other hand--

Blood Dragon was the best DLC ever.

Fatal-Feit
02-07-2014, 09:07 AM
I dunno, for someone who's got nothing more than a glorified database entry on Initiates, it seems pretty damn detailed to me.

I was talking about his clothing. It's too bland for a full-length character compared to the others. I'm assuming that if he gets a new one that's much more detailed like the one I've mentioned.

frodrigues55
02-07-2014, 10:42 AM
Wow, that Connor robe is really kick ***! I hope they use it somehow.

Regarding Ade's grandson, I feel like I'm missing a bunch of information about the game even though I have played them all. :( That's a bit annoying.

Gibbo2g_83
02-07-2014, 01:08 PM
Not detailed enough for a full length character. Although I do have a weird feeling that he's getting a game and with Connor's pre-alpha robe.

http://i62.tinypic.com/20zob3p.jpg

I don't know, I just can't give up the fact that this badass robe haven't been used.

That Connor outfit is awesome. As for the other matter what if it is for both reasons and they have released Freedom Cry as a stand alone to make money and because they want people to know where Eseosa came from if you think about it if they release details that the next game is an Eseosa game this month how many more Freedom Cry stand alone games do you think they will sell? Its just simple clever business.

adventurewomen
02-07-2014, 03:25 PM
That Connor outfit is awesome. As for the other matter what if it is for both reasons and they have released Freedom Cry as a stand alone to make money and because they want people to know where Eseosa came from if you think about it if they release details that the next game is an Eseosa game this month how many more Freedom Cry stand alone games do you think they will sell? Its just simple clever business.
Hold up, how do you know this info?

Eseosa wasn't in Freedom Cry, so why is it you mention Eseosa in freedom cry when Adewale wasn't even a father at that point.

The only hint we got of romantic interests between Adewale and Bastienne was subtle flirting, it's not clear to the general audience that they went on to have a son then later then a grandson.

Freedom Cry stand-alone is the same story as the DLC.

frodrigues55
02-07-2014, 03:48 PM

Eseosa wasn't in Freedom Cry, so why is it you mention Eseosa in freedom cry when Adewale wasn't even a father at that point.

The only hint we got of romantic interests between Adewale and Bastienne was subtle flirting, it's not clear to the general audience that they went on to have a son then later then a grandson.

Because it creates a link? People love when links happen, even if it doesn't mean crap.

Edward was not on AC3 but that didn't stop Ubisoft from going on and on about how he is Connor's grandfather.

Gibbo2g_83
02-07-2014, 05:05 PM

I'm just speculating but it does make sense for instance say if an Eseosa game is announced and they clearly state that he is the grandson of Adewale that alone would probably make more people buy Freedom Cry.

LoyalACFan
02-07-2014, 05:43 PM
I'm just speculating but it does make sense for instance say if an Eseosa game is announced and they clearly state that he is the grandson of Adewale that alone would probably make more people buy Freedom Cry.

Oh God... I just realized. If the next AC game stars Eseosa in France, the "N*ggas in Paris" jokes will be unstoppable :nonchalance:

killzab
02-07-2014, 06:25 PM
Oh God... I just realized. If the next AC game stars Eseosa in France, the "N*ggas in Paris" jokes will be unstoppable :nonchalance:

Having a Black protagonist play a major role in a French Revolution/ Napoleon setting wouldn't be credible.

Black people were all considered slaves back then. He would be out of place IMO.

LoyalACFan
02-07-2014, 07:42 PM
Having a Black protagonist play a major role in a French Revolution/ Napoleon setting wouldn't be credible.

Black people were all considered slaves back then. He would be out of place IMO.

Not necessarily true, slavery was abolished in France and its colonies for a period of like ten years in the 1790s/1800s. It was reinstated by Napoleon later before being abolished again after his death, but the point being that free black people did exist.

But yeah, I tend to agree, if we're doing a French game I'd prefer a white French protagonist simply because I think it would be a misuse of the French Revolution setting if they focused too much on slavery and race relations.

Shahkulu101
02-07-2014, 10:07 PM
Not necessarily true, slavery was abolished in France and its colonies for a period of like ten years in the 1790s/1800s. It was reinstated by Napoleon later before being abolished again after his death, but the point being that free black people did exist.

But yeah, I tend to agree, if we're doing a French game I'd prefer a white French protagonist simply because I think it would be a misuse of the French Revolution setting if they focused too much on slavery and race relations.

Just like Connor's native heritage hindered the possibility of telling the 'true' story of America. :rolleyes:

killzab
02-07-2014, 10:30 PM
Just like Connor's native heritage hindered the possibility of telling the 'true' story of America. :rolleyes:

It's something else entirely !!!!

Don't mix everything up.
We've talked about slavery enough in ACL and Freedom Cry, the French Revolution was NOT about slavery.

Natives WERE part of the revolution (they got screwed mostly).

Shahkulu101
02-07-2014, 10:50 PM
It's something else entirely !!!!

Don't mix everything up.
We've talked about slavery enough in ACL and Freedom Cry, the French Revolution was NOT about slavery.

Natives WERE part of the revolution (they got screwed mostly).

Yeah, I know. I was just referencing the Abstergo Market Analysis video on Ratonhnhaké:ton.

RzaRecta357
02-08-2014, 06:37 PM
Ugh, to the people that think it's goofy. Just use your noggins a bit. Some people may not like all the pirating. Some people may have a heritage there. Some people may just like the setting better.

I'm pretty darn sure some people didn't like Niko in GTAIV.... But were more than excited to play as a white trash biker or club running latino... Those made money.. Sheesh people.

Landruner
02-08-2014, 07:20 PM
I just can't understand why ? i mean its not as iff the game is a huge 15 sequel epic !! ( was not really nothing to scream about anyway !! ) if they was a going to release DLC as standalone why not TOKW !! ...

Well said, I never really understood why TOKW never came as a standalone - It was actually a good size in date for even deserving it own release by disk beside being digital. It would have been more sense that they do it for TOKW instead of just FC that represent not even a third of TOKW.

LoyalACFan
02-09-2014, 12:14 AM
Ugh, to the people that think it's goofy. Just use your noggins a bit. Some people may not like all the pirating. Some people may have a heritage there. Some people may just like the setting better.

I'm pretty darn sure some people didn't like Niko in GTAIV.... But were more than excited to play as a white trash biker or club running latino... Those made money.. Sheesh people.

GTA4 episodes are a different story, there's a hell of a lot more content there. Freedom Cry, while good, has like four hours of content tops. Whereas the two GTA4 episodes had like 15 hours of JUST story content, plus side missions and other stuff.

Fatal-Feit
02-09-2014, 01:40 AM
Well said, I never really understood why TOKW never came as a standalone - It was actually a good size in date for even deserving it own release by disk beside being digital. It would have been more sense that they do it for TOKW instead of just FC that represent not even a third of TOKW.

That's most likely due to the fact that it wasn't popular.