PDA

View Full Version : Assassin’s Creed® Freedom Cry announced as a stand-alone title

Mr_Shade
02-05-2014, 06:07 PM
ASSASSIN’S CREED® FREEDOM CRY
ANNOUNCED AS A STAND-ALONE TITLE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SDh7r2DCTs

London, UK – February 5, 2014 – Today, Ubisoft® announced that single-player adventure, Assassin’s Creed® Freedom Cry, will be available as a stand-alone game exclusively for download on PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems on February 19 and PC on February 25. Originally released as an add-on adventure for Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag™, Assassin’s Creed® Freedom Cry will not require the purchase of Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag™.

Assassin’s Creed® Freedom Cry tells the story of Adewale, a man born into slavery. Once a pirate and now a trained Assassin, Adewale is shipwrecked in 18th-century Haiti, home to the most brutal slavery in the West Indies. In an effort to get back to the sea, Adewale assists the locals in exchange for a crew and a ship. The more he fights for freedom from slavery, however, the more he is drawn into the Maroon slave community, forcing him to face his vicious past. In the game, Adewale will take his new crew and set of weapons, including a machete and a blunderbuss, to assassinate enemies and free slaves, delivering merciless justice in plantations and cities alike. No stranger to the sea, Adewale will command a fearsome brig to take down slave owners in the Caribbean.

For more information on Assassin’s Creed®, please visit www.assassinscreed.com (http://www.assassinscreed.com/) and www.facebook.com/assassinscreed (http://www.facebook.com/assassinscreed).

For the latest news on Assassin’s Creed® collectible merchandise, please visit and like the page www.facebook.com/ubicollectibles (http://www.facebook.com/ubicollectibles).

Gigommone1969
02-05-2014, 07:16 PM
Another joke from Ubi for PC Black Chest owners: what we have to wait until the release of Aveline "exclusive" DLC? C'mon just release it...

Anykeyer
02-06-2014, 12:24 PM
Funny. This DLC isnt good enough to become a stand alone title. IMO its a nice way to hurt future sales.

YazX_
02-06-2014, 03:56 PM
r u kidding Ubisoft?!! now DLCs are becoming standalone titles!!!

new innovative ways to milk customers and especially new ones who dont know anything about the franchise and might think this is another title and buy it along with AC4 and its DLCs, so basically they will buy it twice..

and as Anykeyer said, its too short and the story is not that compelling to worth becoming a standalone title.

Belahzur20
02-06-2014, 06:06 PM
I have to agree. Freedom Cry isn't long enough to be it's own title, there's not enough content in it to make it worth buying on it's own over the Digital Deluxe Edition pack. The Crede doesn't need upgrading fully to win ship fights, looking through the weapons list, finding the Mayan Machete early makes other machete's pointless & 500 slaves isn't nearly enough when each slave ship has 100 per go.

I liked the DLC overall, but I felt unlocks were even easier than Kenways.

guidomista
02-06-2014, 10:50 PM
Totally unnecessary, IMO.
Maybe Ubisoft though cause people liked AC Liberation, that is quite short, then people will like this standalone-DLC.
Wrong.
People who liked Liberation, apparently liked it because it's closer to the Assassin's Creed spirit.
I didn't buy the DLC cause for what I saw and read, Freedom Cry is not so stealth. It's more a kill-them-all-with-a-machete game.
Besides, the character of Adewalee didn't intrigue me at all in AC4.

If you bought AC4 and (like me) you don't like the way Ubisoft has gone far from the Creed spirit, you didn't buy the DLC. You're not gonna buy the standalone.
If you loved ACIV, probably you buy FC-DLC. So, you're not gonna buy the standalone.
If you don't even know AC4, why would you buy this micro-game?

So, who's gonna buy it?
bye

Belahzur20
02-07-2014, 02:38 PM
Actually FC does have one or two stealth missions, but I never did them stealth, the guards instantly aggro you, it's easier just to kill anyone who gets in the way.