PDA

View Full Version : Wonderwall

fredyellowone
02-05-2014, 04:18 AM
Just purchased that DLC. However, surprise! Looks like I need a capo.

That's pretty lame. If I knew in advance I would have waited.

So, anyway, there is a lot of capos out there. What am I supposed to buy?

Here is the choices I have :

http://www.archambault.ca/capos-ACH440201950600-fr-ct

LvlNinety9
02-05-2014, 08:01 AM
Any one of those will work. It's just a matter of what style you like best. Honestly I've never really heard of one being better then the other. As long as it has a pad to where it doesn't scratch the neck of your guitar it should be good to go.

MAng0r3
02-05-2014, 11:15 AM
Kyser ou Jim Dunlop mon ami!!! But if you have an accoustic guitar make sure the capo will fit both or all of your guitars. Watch if the radius could be a factor in your decision.

zrutherford20
02-05-2014, 04:09 PM
http://www.archambault.ca/-capo-de-guitare-electrique-ou-acoustique-ACH002266021-fr-pr

That's the one I have for my acoustic. I haven't used it on my electric though.

thoman23
02-05-2014, 06:18 PM
When I bought my first capo, I just grabbed a Keyser one I saw recommended on JustinGuitar. Since then I've learned about ones that a knob to adjust the tension (my Keyser is like a spring load clamp). Some of the adjustable ones also have a very low profile, which makes them a little less intrusive than the big Keyser.

In short, I think just about any of them will do for Wonderwall, but you may find yourself shopping for a few more of them down the road.

Cptn_Kangaroo
02-05-2014, 06:58 PM
I have a nice little Planet Waves with the dial that works fine on my electrics

RichTheMighty
02-05-2014, 07:34 PM
I have a pretty awesome endorsed by Adam Levine and available exclusively at a neighborhood store called Target.

(If you follow this endorsement you might wanna pay cash, just sayin')

fredyellowone
02-05-2014, 07:36 PM
Thanks for the advices!

However, I got one more question. Will I have to move the capo at one point? Or will it always stay at the same position? Because If I have to move it, maybe it's better to get a capo with a spring, while if the capo always stay at the same position, maybe it's better with ajustable tension?

Am i correct?

zrutherford20
02-05-2014, 07:49 PM
You don't have to move the capo during a song. You simply put it on and play the song like you normally would. I haven't used one that has a tension knob on it since the spring loaded one works just fine for me. When not in use I clamp it to the headstock so it's handy if I need it later.

fredyellowone
02-08-2014, 05:02 AM
You don't have to move the capo during a song. You simply put it on and play the song like you normally would. I haven't used one that has a tension knob on it since the spring loaded one works just fine for me. When not in use I clamp it to the headstock so it's handy if I need it later.

Thanks a lot. And to everyone who contributed to this thread. I will go buy my own capo tomorrow! :)

fredyellowone
02-12-2014, 10:47 PM
Alright, so I finally got my own capo. It's a Planet Waves dual action and I like it a lot.

However, when I use it to play Oasis, I got HUGE recognition problems. The capo is not the problem obviously... But anyway, is there a fix for my issue?

Marauder359
02-13-2014, 12:39 AM
Alright, so I finally got my own capo. It's a Planet Waves dual action and I like it a lot.

However, when I use it to play Oasis, I got HUGE recognition problems. The capo is not the problem obviously... But anyway, is there a fix for my issue?

You're sure it's on the right fret and it's up against the fret?

Brick235
02-13-2014, 01:14 AM
Try checking your tuning with the capo on. If you find you're sharp, try tuning down a little before you put it on.

fredyellowone
02-13-2014, 02:12 AM
You're sure it's on the right fret and it's up against the fret? Yes.

@Brick235 That time, all was good. It's funny that sometimes, when I boot the game I got that awefully slow sound, and an awful note recognition, while the next time It's often the opposite : good sound level, good note recognition, and all that, without touching the tone and volume knobs.

On an unrelated point : It's funny how important it is to play with a song you like. Since I started to play Wonderwall, I've been able to master 6 or 7 chords I haven't been able to before.

Steel_Nirvana
02-13-2014, 03:17 AM
I'm not saying this is your problem, but I noticed a couple of times over the last 3 weeks that my sound would be totally off, either really loud or too quiet, depending on the song. Then last week when it happened I realized that sometimes when I put my guitar in the stand, the strap flips the pickup switch into rhythm. I didn't notice, since I generally keep it in the middle setting.

Of course, that wouldn't explain the speeding up.

fredyellowone
02-13-2014, 04:39 AM
I'm not saying this is your problem, but I noticed a couple of times over the last 3 weeks that my sound would be totally off, either really loud or too quiet, depending on the song. Then last week when it happened I realized that sometimes when I put my guitar in the stand, the strap flips the pickup switch into rhythm. I didn't notice, since I generally keep it in the middle setting.

Of course, that wouldn't explain the speeding up.

I'm using an Epiphone Les Paul Jr. There is no switch on it. :(

Now that I have a capo, and that I found my amp, guess what I will need next?

Yeah, I'm sure you saw it coming.