PDA

View Full Version : Ann Bonny FINALLY breaks her silence!!!

Wolfmeister1010
02-04-2014, 09:06 PM
Oh goodie goodie gumdrops! Finally another patch. Thank God. They have finally gotten around to fixing the experience-harming audio bugs that are present across all platforms!

OH WAIT.

Nah, it still seems that after over 3 months of the game being on shelves on both generations, Ubisoft STILL has decided to completely ignore the fact that half the weapon animations's sound effects in the game either cut audio completely at certain points in the animation, or are completely out of sync with the animations.

And the fact that the audio bug of Anne Bonny not talking anymore after the campaign is finished is still there as well! (And YES it is a bug, I have heard all the dialogue that is supposed to be there, and then it just disappears)

But who the hell cares about all that crap when now the game lets me get my plastic dipped in corn syrup ****-physics based Altair costume! Or the fact that now double counters happen even more often??

By now most of us have already gotten bored of the game anyway after multiple playthroughs, so it is a damn shame that my entire AC4 experience was plagues with the fact that the audio was..well, wrong. As if it wasn't bad enough that half the sword animations don't even belong with the sword, and the pistol sound effects are still complete dog****e.

But I am sure that the only reason Ubi hasn't gotten around to fixing it is because it just hasn't been reported enough! I mean, all of these audio glitches have only been reported in like dozens of threads and probably hundreds more support tickets. And when I make a bug report for Ubi Support and get back their extremely heartfelt and enthusiastic (automated) response, I know that everything will be just okay!

I am totally sure that ubi will finally get around to fixing this issue by the time AC5 comes out. No doubt about that. And I eagerly look forward to the moment where I am engrossed in tons of new awesome games that are coming out, but then see that there has been a new AC4 patch, and now, after a year of it being out, I can finally play it like it should be played, with audio that fits with the rest of the ******* game! I am sure I will throw my copy of Dying Light out the window and shove AC4 back into my console as I relish the moment that finally I can watch as my "sword" (tomahawk) animations actually follow through with correctly synced sound effects.

Thank you Ubisoft, and as a matter of fact, thank you ALL AAA companies, for showing that not only do you care about making a polished product, but you also care about each and everyone of us and all of our opinions. It makes me feel so tingly inside.

In the meantime, why don't I go play that awesome other AAA game, Battlefield 4! That game can't possibly also be a buggy piece of crap.

luckyto
02-04-2014, 09:19 PM
Hmmm. I sense sarcasm.

pacmanate
02-04-2014, 10:39 PM
Can't really say OP is wrong, I have said this countless times, for an AAA game AC is probably one of the most lackluster ones.

LoyalACFan
02-04-2014, 11:27 PM
Can't really say OP is wrong, I have said this countless times, for an AAA game AC is probably one of the most lackluster ones.

In terms of polish, absolutely. But as I've said before, AC4 is leaps and bounds ahead of its two predecessors in that department, so hopefully they've sorted out their development cycles to where these kinds of issues will be further minimized in the future.

SixKeys
02-05-2014, 12:40 AM
In terms of polish, absolutely. But as I've said before, AC4 is leaps and bounds ahead of its two predecessors in that department, so hopefully they've sorted out their development cycles to where these kinds of issues will be further minimized in the future.

If the rumors about getting two AC games per year instead of one are true, you can kiss that wish goodbye.

IWGCJoeCool
02-05-2014, 02:06 AM
Hmmm. I sense sarcasm.

being very aware of Electronic Arts products and practices, i assure you that your senses are keen to a razor edge

lol

AdamPearce
02-05-2014, 02:18 AM
I just reported you to the Forum Manager, your thread will be moved by tommorow and you will receive an infraction for innapropriate language (aka the truth).

All the best,
Ubi<3

phoenix-force411
02-05-2014, 02:49 AM
Really? She still talks to me. But everything else is immersion breaking. The last thing I'd like to do is engage in boring combat.

Fatal-Feit
02-05-2014, 03:19 AM
Another sad day for PC gamers.

murphdawg1
02-05-2014, 03:50 AM
If the rumors about getting two AC games per year instead of one are true, you can kiss that wish goodbye.

Two?:confused:

Kagurra
02-05-2014, 04:27 AM
Lol nice

Too bad I've basically 100% stopped playing and done everything there to do to many times over. Selling the game when I go to pre-order Titanfall. Since it's a "next-gen" game I'm guessing I'll get around 30$ for it, which means it was half price to begin with. Good deal for 75ish hours of entertainment.

Will_Lucky
02-05-2014, 04:54 AM
I didn't have any audio issues?

Black_Widow9
02-05-2014, 05:10 AM
I just reported you to the Forum Manager, your thread will be moved by tommorow and you will receive an infraction for innapropriate language (aka the truth).

All the best,
Ubi<3
It is possible to voice your concerns and follow the Forum Rules at the same time.

itsamea-mario
02-05-2014, 06:29 AM
OP u have sense of humor

misterB2001
02-05-2014, 09:20 AM

But that's not what the rumours are! The rumours are that we could be getting 2 AC's THIS year. A subtle, but clear difference.

TheDanteEX
02-05-2014, 02:03 PM
Obviously Anne broke her voice singing The Parting Glass. Just let her rest it for a while. And I don't see what the big deal is about two games being released the same year. There were two games released in 2012 and that turned out..

Okay, actually yeah, I do see the problem.

LoyalACFan
02-05-2014, 06:56 PM

Is that really what they're saying? I heard that there would be two in 2014, one for last gen (possibly cross-generational like AC4) and one exclusively for current gen. Surely that wouldn't be their release model past this year? By 2015 the PS3/360 will be utterly obsolete.