PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion:More Infantry?

Brain32
04-04-2004, 04:36 AM
I would like to see more infantry as ground objects (not milions). For example Howitzer crews, small units (10-20) etc. Something like those driving Willis and other stuff.

Brain32
04-04-2004, 04:36 AM
I would like to see more infantry as ground objects (not milions). For example Howitzer crews, small units (10-20) etc. Something like those driving Willis and other stuff.

Gen_Strike
04-04-2004, 10:05 AM
nice idea, but unless you had them moving in unison in a group it would probably end up being too much to handle on your average pc, ground crews is a great idea though, i think have pilots running to their aircraft to scramble would be a good addition, might post that as a seperate thread, maybe when all our pcs are fast enough we can have people taking the dog out for a walk http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Ki_Rin
04-04-2004, 01:22 PM
I started playing sims on ww2 fighters, i was pulling my hair out everytime because my pc couldnt handle it...eventually i got a decent sys, nothing too uber or MEGA but ok....ww2 fighters rocked then, no darn lag...then il2 came out...hoo-boy...back to the lag...the lag that would seem to only strike at the most CRITICAL moments, JUST before your firing solution works, for example)...ok, so i couldnt run il2 now....eventually, i got a better vid card...now im running pIII800mhz, 384 RAM and nvidia card 64MB...JUST cutting the mustard...ground details are nice, but not EVERYONE has thoise great comp sys to absorb all this data, we just want to FLY our favorits ac in combat not see troops go boonie bouncing in jeeps...please, no suggestions or more or more detailed ground objects.
i dont want ANY trees in servers let alone more detailed one, i want to track enemy ac smoothly, dammit!

WWMaxGunz
04-04-2004, 03:28 PM
Ki-Rin, shouldn't those things come under graphic details settings? Yeah, I know, the trees don't.

Neal

Bull_dog_
04-04-2004, 04:01 PM
Every sim seems to have its strengths and weaknesses... I would love to take the strong points from every sim and wrap them up into one...I've played the CFS series, Janes and now the IL2/FB ... i only wish...

The units/formations/divisions that existed in Janes

The mission builder and expandability of CFS 2 along with the beautiful high altitude scenery.

The clouds and industrial targets of CFS 3

The world-wide map of CFS2 with all the roads/cities filled in

The AI of FB along with the low level scenery and precise flight modeling... I really like the external views offered by FB

The sound of Janes with the effects of FB

Troops and horse pulled wagons of janes (deer too)

The vehicles and trains along with tracer effects of FB

The sparks flying off aircraft in CFS 2

Closed architecture for online gaming in FB...too bad someone wouldn't come out with both...that is a selection of "official" aircraft for on line fun and open architecture for off line fun.

There are lots of other sims I never had a chance to play and lots of features from each...seems like most developers got to reinvent the wheel and besides, what I like in a sim might not be enjoyed by another...choices of 2D and 3D cockpits would be cool wouldn't it? With working gauges?

Cossack13
04-04-2004, 05:40 PM
It would be great if we could have HMG and MMG emplacements around airfields and other ground targets. Plus, the range and effects for most of these are already in the game.

http://www.tolwyn.com/~cossack/Coss110Sig.gif

Orsonical
04-04-2004, 06:11 PM
Personaly i would like a merging of ...say , Call of Duty or Battlefield 1942 and IL2...Imagine being able to jump in a quad 50 and blast that vulture thats hovering over your base! Or command a battery of 88's !
Flying over Carenton as ground troops fight for control..and after bailing out...having to fight back to the base .

I am talking BS of course but i think games are going that way allready.

Chuck_Older
04-04-2004, 06:17 PM
http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Pilots flew planes, infantry didn't.

Yes, I know that on Wake and Corrigedor aircrew fought as infantry, but there is always the exception to the rule, isn't there?

A compromise title that merges foot combat with air combat makes air combat lose out- see Operation Flashpoint. A great game/tactical simulation, but as a flight sim? http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/88.gif

Punk Rockers in the UK, they won't notice anyway. They're all too busy fighting for a good place under the lighting~ Clash