PDA

View Full Version : Dear Ubisoft.

Radioactive91
02-02-2014, 04:46 AM
Ubisoft. Since you offer no way for me to contact you directly with any of these issues, I'm going to post it here, where you can ignore me just as much.
I purchased Assassin's Creed 4 from you, and I am forced to use Uplay, your service now synonymous with the bad headlines and customer nightmares it produces. But as invasive and pointless Uplay is, that isn't my issue either. So far it has merely functioned.
It's that upon reaching a certain mission in game, the game will crash every time, making progress impossible. I look into the issue to find that it's source of the problem is a patch issued for the game back in December of last year. I'm not sure how many people this affects, but it seems to be more than enough people to warrant fixing. There are threads about it where people talk of uninstalling and re-installing without installing any patches, switching Uplay to offline mode. This fix actually works, but that's entirely besides the point.

The game is unplayable in it's current state and in the 1 month it's existed, Ubisoft doesn't seem to have even acknowledged it besides directing people to the tech forums, where other users tell people to reinstall the game and so on. They seem to completely ignore the forum posts people make about it. There also is no customer support email, and any technical support site I get linked to sends me to pages that explain the benefits of Uplay or how to link my Uplay account, or how I can use Uplay rewards when taking a shower. The frequently asked questions section is the basic crap you'd expect, and I doubt such questions are frequently asked since there's no way to contact them.

So Ubisoft, your 3 strikes are:

1. Forcing Uplay down everyone's throats.
2. Refusing to fix your broken game but you still take people's money for it (I purchased after the bug started to exist, never would have purchased the game had I known it was there).
3. You offer absolutely no reasonable avenue for actual productive customer support.

We're sold products that simply don't function, we're forced to use services that provide us no benefits, only technical headaches, and for what? So the company can farm you and the rest of their customers for marketing data.

Black_Widow9
02-02-2014, 06:54 AM
Hello and welcome to the Forums :)
You will need to verify your game in Uplay and then the issue should be fixed.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/824144-Catch-the-Sage-amp-Trust-is-Earned-Issues-fixed-please-read!

Our Support team is more than happy to help you either by using the site or telephoning them. You can also find them on Facebook and Twitter.
Ubisoft Support Website (http://support.ubi.com/)
http://www.ubi.com/US/Support/InternationalSupport.aspx

Also, if you'd like you can always play in Offline Mode and save your games to your computer rather than synching to the Cloud.
https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ.aspx?platformid=60&brandid=2030&productid=3888&faqid=kA030000000eT76CAE
https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ.aspx?platformid=60&brandid=2030&productid=3888&faqid=kA030000000eT7PCAU

Thanks

Wrath2Zero
02-02-2014, 07:55 PM
Support are a bunch of robots, they don't even know their own game they're supporting. Just like the frame-rate lock, they're totally unaware of it and need the usual info that tells them nothing about a in-game frame-rate lock. I don't think the support team have even played the game on the PC because they seem to be totally unaware of such issues and like support usually is, they have to act like robots and be Windows support instead of using their own brain outside what they have been told.

Uplay is full of bugs ,they're forcing it on us so we need multiple clients open just to play a game, and wonder why we get problems when it comes from the client itself because it's a middleman.

Uplay has issues like:

1. Not enough space on the drive even though there is.
2. Disk write error on installing a game.
3. Doesn't throttle bandwidth according to whatever bandwidth it being used and hogs the whole lot.
4. Think there is something wrong with your internet connection because something else is using bandwdth(see above).
5. The client needs to be open all the time, even in offline mode or when game brought from another service.
6. Cloud saving is buggy.
7. Game patching isn't seamless, it should download the patches after the game and just play(like Steam).
8. Evasive Windows.
9 Doesn't minimise to the system tray.
10. Useless notifications, controller connected? Yes Windows told me that, that's what it does so don't tell me every time I go into Uplay.

strigoi1958
02-03-2014, 03:15 AM
I don't think Uplay is forced down everyones throats.... Uplay is Ubi's way of safe guarding their products and if you don't want it... don't buy Ubi games.
you haven't said what you think is broken in the game... I've played through ac4 4 times and haven't had a problem yet as I'm sure have thousands of others
Black widow has mentioned avenues to support.

@wrath I haven't had any of those things (plus I'm not sure what evasive windows means :confused:)

Wrath2Zero
02-03-2014, 04:56 AM
It's not a way of safe guarding their products at all and you just said it yourself, if you don't want Uplay don't buy Ubisoft games, which proves our point and that is UPlay is force on the user, even when you buy ubisoft games from other sources. Ubisoft just copied Steam, like EA copied Steam rather than sell on Steam and use one client

Do you know how stupid it is that Uplay has to launch Steam to play Ubisoft games? If you launch a Ubisoft game from Steam it launchers UPlay, it's pathetic.

Zombie844
02-03-2014, 08:36 AM
My only problem with the whole game is no Tomahawk from AC3 they can put the outfit and the swords from all the existing games Ac Ac2 and you can't put in a simple Tomahawk add it as DLC for $5.00 I would buy it

strigoi1958
02-03-2014, 12:24 PM
well wrath I suggest you ask steam not to launch when you buy Ubi games.
Uplay IS Ubi's safe guard... regardless of what others say and as long as millions use it happily and a handful don't like it, uplay will exist.
Unless someone is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to buy Ubi products then nobody is forcing it down your throat... it is part of Ubi products and if you don't like that part so much that it is unbearable... don't buy the product. On the other hand if you can't live without a Ubi game then you have to accept and ignore the bits you don't like but nobody is forcing you.
Steam launches to confirm the sale as it was bought on steam... Uplay confirms it's a legitimate copy and offers community events and friends among other things.

Wrath2Zero
02-04-2014, 01:30 AM
You say millions of people are happy with it like you know that for a fact but the simple fact is that you're required to install Uplay where you like it or not. Also, it's go nothing to do with Steam launching Uplay, it's the fact that Uplay is required now for any Ubisoft game no matter where you get it from.

So let me tell you again. If you buy a Ubisoft game from Steam, the ubisoft game still installs Uplay, Just like AC2 does, it's got nothing to do with Steam launching Uplay, it's the fact that the ubisoft game launchers Uplay which is REQUIRED. Get it?

BTW, Ubisoft games have been cr*cked, so no it's no safe guard, in fact it's likely to do the opposite to PC gamers, just like EA force you to install and have Origin running for BF4. Also you don't need a client for all their social stuff, it's all in the game UI anyway, it's just duplicated.

strigoi1958
02-04-2014, 01:52 AM
Millions buy it but only a handful come here and say " me want game... game come with uplay me not want uplay sob boo hoo me sulk till the whole world begs me to play as me more important than the people who make game and all others who play game"
It's you who doesn't get it.... Ubi make games to run with uplay..... their choice.... you don't like it TOUGH don't buy it..... your choice

Wrath2Zero
02-04-2014, 04:41 AM
No, most people just put up with Uplay because they have to and yes I've seen all though threads of people loving Uplay, LoL

brigeatenex
02-04-2014, 08:49 PM
Most people put up with it because they have no problems. I play all assassin's creed games on uplay and I never had a single problem. It is understandable when you have problems with your client but I don't think it's fair to say uplay is useless. EA uses Origin. Ubisoft uses Uplay. I agree that it is a safeguard for their games, and comparing uplay with other clients like origin, it is a pretty decent client. Please fix your problems before complaining or just don't play ubisoft games at all. Cheers :)

Wrath2Zero
02-04-2014, 09:38 PM
I got Black Flag and Blacklist with my GTX 660, I'm glad I didn't buy them because of Uplay and like other can easy bypass Uplay but then Ubisoft will call PC users pirates, like they have in the past, Uplay changes nothing. You kids should learn about what customers want and what power you have instead of bowing down to middleware.

Also, Ubisoft support is a joke, 11 days and counting for a level 2 support response and a robot response laying the blame to the user when the game clearly has the problem, even when factual information is presented to them.

strigoi1958
02-05-2014, 02:09 AM
I am a customer and I want Uplay so they are bowing down to me :D...
Kids ? thanks my year of birth is in my name below... see if you can work out my age... and don't cheat by googling it or using a calculator ;)

brigeatenex
02-06-2014, 06:33 PM
I got Black Flag and Blacklist with my GTX 660, I'm glad I didn't buy them because of Uplay and like other can easy bypass Uplay but then Ubisoft will call PC users pirates, like they have in the past, Uplay changes nothing. You kids should learn about what customers want and what power you have instead of bowing down to middleware.

Also, Ubisoft support is a joke, 11 days and counting for a level 2 support response and a robot response laying the blame to the user when the game clearly has the problem, even when factual information is presented to them.

What customers want? Aren't we customers ourselves? We're not bowing down, and we're not acting like we know everything. You sound just like a kid who doesn't get what he wants. Yes, ubisoft support is very lame now, but have you seen any big company with normal customer support? Ubisoft has thousands of people to help so I'm not surprised the support sucks. There are some really great people on forums who help people too, so stop complaining because you have no point.

Wrath2Zero
02-07-2014, 03:00 AM
Your reply is doesn't make much sense, I'm dissatisfied with Uplay and you people here can't accept that and have to defend it with silly arguments. According your logic, everyone should be satisfied because you like it.

Instead of trying to defend Ubisoft, perhaps your should give some thought to people who are not satisfied or just not respond if you have anything constructive to say about a poor service that is forced on us on all platforms. No wonder people have so many issues, using multiple clients adds to it, Steam doesn't take responsibility for Uplay and Uplay doesn't take responsibility for Steam but both are running and needed to run ubisoft games brought on Steam.

byte_x
02-07-2014, 04:15 AM
one major problem with uplay is that if you have no friends, than its harder to get social events since only you is working towards it. if you have too much friends game gets all messed up, like you cant parcitipate (not sure about that spelling) in social events or the companion app problems. if having more than 50 friends is a problem, you are doing it wrong ubisoft.

strigoi1958
02-07-2014, 12:01 PM
Your reply is doesn't make much sense, I'm dissatisfied with Uplay and you people here can't accept that and have to defend it with silly arguments. According your logic, everyone should be satisfied because you like it.

Instead of trying to defend Ubisoft, perhaps your should give some thought to people who are not satisfied or just not respond if you have anything constructive to say about a poor service that is forced on us on all platforms. No wonder people have so many issues, using multiple clients adds to it, Steam doesn't take responsibility for Uplay and Uplay doesn't take responsibility for Steam but both are running and needed to run ubisoft games brought on Steam.

You're the one with the silly argument. Ubisoft sell games that run through Uplay you complain that you want their game that can only run through Uplay but you don't want Uplay.... it's like complaining to a bakery that you buy raisin bread but don't like raisins and they should take out the raisin regardless if everyone else likes raisins, you do not so everyone should do what you want.....
If you don't want Uplay DON'T buy Ubi games
If you don't want Uplay and steam to run together while playing ubi games don't buy through steam
I suggest when you leave school you get a good degree and either work your way up to a high position in Ubisoft or you buy billions of their shares and then use your corporate power to change the companies delivery methods (but with your own money at risk I doubt you would) at present it has cost you nothing as you got the game free either play it and (try to) understand it can only come with Uplay or better yet... throw it away and you have no more problems.
And I can understand that you are dissatisfied with Uplay because that's your choice to like or dislike whatever you choose. But to say that a major corporation should remove software that cost millions just because YOU are dissatisfied is hardly going to happen but you are more than welcome to come to the community and post.

Wrath2Zero
02-08-2014, 12:44 AM
Got to laugh at your comment, you have no idea about what you're talking about do you. The fact that none of my friends are on Uplay ,the fact that I was using Steam way before Uplay, the fact that I don't want to buy Ubisoft games on Uplay just for the fact that I don't want Steam running as well, the fact that none of my friends want to use Uplay. I brought ubitsoft games on another service, perhaps Ubisoft should stop selling their games on Steam and Origin like EA have and keep their games on their own client.

You don't see the problem do you? It's not just me, loads of people are sick of it, you even have to have Uplay on the PS4 and it's a joke.

strigoi1958
02-08-2014, 01:54 AM
That so funny that you think you have an option to run AC4 without uplay no matter where you buy it.
Why not complain about similar things like wanting to play pc games but not wanting to use a pc... or complain about not wanting to use breathing apparatus but want to swim underwater for a long time...
It's nice to know that you love ubisoft games so much you cannot live without them even though it means using uplay lol
Ubi are entitled to sell their product however they wish.
Just buy steam games and that ends your problem.
You can come here and cry or not but it will not change anything.
and if LOADS of people are sick of it... list their names here... get a petition if you get to 500,000 or 600,000 maybe, just maybe Ubi might pay it some attention.

Wrath2Zero
02-08-2014, 05:53 AM
My goodness, you can't even read. I got my Ubisoft games with my GTX 660 and you make the assumption I can't live without Ubisoft games? Wow, is this all you view the forums for, defending Ubisoft and anyone who complains about their products is wrong.

It's really sad to see people like you defend Ubisoft for no reason or the fact you've brought Ubisoft products yourself and love them, love Uplay, it's the only reason why you say what you say.

brigeatenex
02-08-2014, 11:20 AM
My goodness, you can't even read. I got my Ubisoft games with my GTX 660 and you make the assumption I can't live without Ubisoft games? Wow, is this all you view the forums for, defending Ubisoft and anyone who complains about their products is wrong.

It's really sad to see people like you defend Ubisoft for no reason or the fact you've brought Ubisoft products yourself and love them, love Uplay, it's the only reason why you say what you say.

All I can read is MY GTX 660. MY GTX 660. Usually people who have problems actually go solve them instead of taking it on other people. I've seen bunch of people having their problems solved, I got my problem solved once on forum. Please stop being ignorant, create a new thread with the problems you're having, include all pc specifications, not only your beloved GTX 660, and wait for people to help you. Being nice really helps, try to do that. Good luck.

strigoi1958
02-08-2014, 12:02 PM

I can read perfectly well, on the other hand you are not able to read or choose not to answer my questions.
You just keep saying "I got free games... I want to play them, they have built in security check that validates my copy... I don't want it... I don't care if a billion dollar company wants to protect themselves I want to throw a tantrum"
I'm saying whether you want it or not.... TOUGH it's there and if your pc isn't powerful enough to run steam and uplay together that is not UBi's problem, if YOU don't like Uplay, that is not Ubi's problem.
YOU have the problem and there are 2 choices either accept you want to play Ubi games and run Uplay or throw them away as they cost you nothing.... you're entitled to your opinion and are welcome to come and post but just because others including myself disagree with you doesn't make you right and us wrong.

As I said if you can't live without Ubi games then why are you here ? anyone else would simply say I don't like a feature in that product so I won't use it..... but you are obviously desperate to play them or else you wouldn't have gone to all the effort of coming here to post.

Just answer this... what do you think you'll achieve on here ? this is a community forum where gamers come to resolve problems in the game....