PDA

View Full Version : Draft Tournament - Round of 32 Group Thread

Kinetic_42
02-02-2014, 03:46 AM
This thread is for the use of finding opponents and other discussion of the Million Gold Draft Tournament Round of 32 and Redemption Group.

Pools and the Heroes list can be found here. (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ak7OxBFy8fT-dF9ZX0RETjRlWDQ4dFRITmJ6dEg0eWc&usp=sharing)

---

Hello!

Congrats on each of you reaching the Round of 32! Now the Round of 32 will be a normal groups phase for MOST of you, however, the redemption group is different so please make sure you know how it is being done.

First, the top 2 from each group will move on. In the event of a tie in matches (three 2-1, three 1-2, or three 1-1 with one person never playing anyone) the tiebreakers will still be head to head, then games differential, so every game counts!

The brackets are posted here:

[See Above]

Heroes are the same. Once you have at least TWO WINS please begin preparing for the round of 16. To do this, please send NEW hero choices AND DECKLISTS upon receiving two match wins. Unlike in other rounds, I will now email the winners of groups and confirm they are moving on as soon as that is decided. Please keep this information confidential until the Round of 16 brackets are released though.

For the round of 32, please send ANY and ALL replays with game reports, and remember to report the scores in the emails. Only winners NEED to send reports that they won, but losers of matches may send replays.

Finally for the redemption group: You will NOT be playing everyone in the group. The Group is a single elimination bracket and only ONE person is moving on, however, each person in the group is eligible to be drafted.

Ogrimar---moi vs. Mitch.sp, Best of 3.
Amms vs. Mephist1976, Best of 3.

Winners will play each other, and the winner of this group will be matched randomly against a second place finisher in a group to play in to the Round of 16.

Please report your games timely!

Thanks again, and Good luck!

Zazafda
02-02-2014, 05:23 AM
Hi members of Group F!

I will be available monday, tuesday and friday from 21.00 to 24.00 CET. I can stay later depending of your timezones. Please let me knwo when you'll be online this week!

Zazafda

Begpo_CnupTa
02-02-2014, 05:25 AM
what is Redemption Group?

Kinetic_42
02-02-2014, 05:09 PM
what is Redemption Group?

I've explained it in the email I sent participants and on stream, but I'll repost the email in the first post.

Uraxor
02-02-2014, 06:54 PM
I've explained it in the email I sent participants and on stream, but I'll repost the email in the first post.

Thanks. Was curious myself :P

Kinetic_42
02-02-2014, 07:57 PM
Thanks. Was curious myself :P

I realize I didn't explain my reasoning for the group. Each player came from a group with a three way tie for first place, each person in the redemption group is basically the person who received third due to tiebreakers. I felt that they should have one more shot. :) Look at me, changing the rules as I see fit if the reasoning for it is sound enough.

ammms
02-03-2014, 06:16 PM
I realize I didn't explain my reasoning for the group. Each player came from a group with a three way tie for first place, each person in the redemption group is basically the person who received third due to tiebreakers. I felt that they should have one more shot. :) Look at me, changing the rules as I see fit if the reasoning for it is sound enough.

What is the overall result in Round of 64 Group B?
I am not sure why I am in the redemption group as I have only played 2 matches and getting 1 win and 1 lose in the last round.

diplomacia
02-05-2014, 05:11 PM
Bond2king and moonsilverns we need to play our matches. Can you guys tell me when you will be around? thanks,

diplomacia

Kinetic_42
02-05-2014, 05:43 PM
What is the overall result in Round of 64 Group B?
I am not sure why I am in the redemption group as I have only played 2 matches and getting 1 win and 1 lose in the last round.

According to my notes: Each player (gera, hchan and amms) defeated TheMots 2-0. (I DQed the Mots for failure to play out his matches, despite his opponents clearly trying to do so, so if you didn't play him, you were given an automatic 2-0 over him).

Then, of the three, ammms defeated gera 2-1, gear defeated hchan 2-0, and hchan defeated ammms 2-0.

According to tiebreakers, gera had the best record because he took a game off you, and left the group in first position. Between ammms and hchan, hchan defeated ammms head to head, and thus held the better tiebreaker and moved on in second position.

You, thus, despite being 2-1, held the lowest tiebreakers and would have been eliminated. It was for this reason I created the redemption group, because I felt that was a bit unfair, to be eliminated from the competition because of a half-game tie-breaker. But I ultimately could not move on either you or anyone else in the redemption group because each of you had the worst tiebreakers in your group.

The redemption group was an attempt to give you at least a chance to move on, but to limit that chance to only one of the 4 of you.

ammms
02-05-2014, 06:19 PM
According to my notes: Each player (gera, hchan and amms) defeated TheMots 2-0. (I DQed the Mots for failure to play out his matches, despite his opponents clearly trying to do so, so if you didn't play him, you were given an automatic 2-0 over him).

Then, of the three, ammms defeated gera 2-1, gear defeated hchan 2-0, and hchan defeated ammms 2-0.

According to tiebreakers, gera had the best record because he took a game off you, and left the group in first position. Between ammms and hchan, hchan defeated ammms head to head, and thus held the better tiebreaker and moved on in second position.

You, thus, despite being 2-1, held the lowest tiebreakers and would have been eliminated. It was for this reason I created the redemption group, because I felt that was a bit unfair, to be eliminated from the competition because of a half-game tie-breaker. But I ultimately could not move on either you or anyone else in the redemption group because each of you had the worst tiebreakers in your group.

The redemption group was an attempt to give you at least a chance to move on, but to limit that chance to only one of the 4 of you.

Thank you for the arrangement. Btw, if someone from the other group asked me if I can send him the replay file of me playing against a player in the previous round. Is it legal to do so? Although that player keep saying this is not secret information, but I believe the deck list in current round is still not open information?

LurifaxB
02-05-2014, 08:42 PM
Hi bYrAjH

I just need to play you now. Played the other two. Can you let me know when you are available?

I'm usually available 20.00-22.00 CET, but would prefer if you let me know in advance when to play.

Kinetic_42
02-05-2014, 09:24 PM
Thank you for the arrangement. Btw, if someone from the other group asked me if I can send him the replay file of me playing against a player in the previous round. Is it legal to do so? Although that player keep saying this is not secret information, but I believe the deck list in current round is still not open information?

Technically this is not secret information, with that being said, it is a bit... something. I understand your hesitation.

As of now, we are not using decklists. We will start using decklists next round though, and at that point it will be secret information.

It is also something that is dependent upon you whether you wish to share it.

I'm going to say it is up to you, as it is your replay. I personally will not release any replay that is sent to me, and will only reveal exactly what is on the stream, and in some cases players who are streamed may have a slight disadvantage compared to a player who is not streamed, but that disadvantage is slight. Having access to such a replay though will be much more information. I would discourage you sending it, but I will not disallow it, nor will I penalize a player should they receive it.

ammms
02-06-2014, 03:20 AM
Technically this is not secret information, with that being said, it is a bit... something. I understand your hesitation.

As of now, we are not using decklists. We will start using decklists next round though, and at that point it will be secret information.

It is also something that is dependent upon you whether you wish to share it.

I'm going to say it is up to you, as it is your replay. I personally will not release any replay that is sent to me, and will only reveal exactly what is on the stream, and in some cases players who are streamed may have a slight disadvantage compared to a player who is not streamed, but that disadvantage is slight. Having access to such a replay though will be much more information. I would discourage you sending it, but I will not disallow it, nor will I penalize a player should they receive it.

I just want to be fair to all the players who join the event, I won't share any replay file until the end of the whole tournament. I probably will upload a few interesting one to youtube afterward. Again, thank you for answering. :)

Zazafda
02-09-2014, 05:50 AM
For RO16 and to the attention of Mephist1976:

Hi Mephist!

I have to face you for accessing round of 16 in Team League Draft Tournament because you won redemption group.

I am on CET timezone. I will be available this evening till 1 AM and tomorrow (sunday) from 10AM to 15PM and from 9PM to 12PM. After that I will only be available wednesday and thursday from 9PM to 12PM, so it would be great if we could do our BO3 before that, because the winner needs to do the "real" RO16 VS NecronMK after that.

Please tell me your timezone and your availabilities!

I am looking forward to hearing from you!

Zazafda