View Full Version : REM DLC next week?

toymachinesh
02-01-2014, 12:10 AM
http://i.imgur.com/O1MjrJS.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijZRCIrTgQc

culo_grasso
02-01-2014, 12:18 AM
*reserved excitement*
So many great songs, and some I wouldn't want. I lost interest after Monster. I'll take most anything off of Life's Rich Pageant.

toymachinesh
02-01-2014, 12:23 AM
Everybody Hurts
One I Love
___
___
___

Orange Crush
What's The Frequency Kenneth
Man on The Moon

Brick235
02-01-2014, 12:31 AM
Well, they only just officially broke up pretty recently. Everyone just thought they had been for the past decade plus. :D If it's more strummy stuff like Losing My Religion, I'll pass. Curious to see what songs they pick though.

Duggle-SD
02-01-2014, 12:43 AM
More REM sounds great to me

How about this for a 5 pack?
One I love
What's the Frequency Kenneth
Orange Crush
Seven Chinese Bros (much better than Man in the Moon for guitar fun, yes I'm not thinking about the bass guys I guess)
and something from Life's Rich Pageant (they're pretty much all good)

extendedsolo
02-01-2014, 12:43 AM
Unless it's a 3 pack again.

Everybody Hurts
It's the End of the World as We know it
One I love
Shiny Happy People
What's the frequency kenneth?

I hope Man on the Moon gets included because of the bass line.

ceestewart
02-01-2014, 01:21 AM
Harborcoat
Radio Free Europe
Don't Go Back to Rockville
It's The End of the World As We Know It
Everybody Hurts (hint)

CrazedRacer
02-01-2014, 01:22 AM
Meh. Not a huge REM fan exceot for the song already in RS2014 and "The One I Love". I'll definitely pick that up.

thoman23
02-01-2014, 01:57 AM
Huge R.E.M. fan here. I was a teenager when I got Document on cassette tape...what a revelation that was to someone growing up listening to Boys II Men on the radio. An oasis of real music in a bad pop r&b desert. I then went back and listened to everything that had come before Document and loved them even more. Now the hard part is determining which album is their best. Document is still a contender, but Life's Rich Pageant is brilliant too. And I may be the only one (based on many reviews I see), but I actually think Monster holds up incredibly well today. I still love that album. If you decouple it from the context of the "grunge era" and just listen to it on its own merits, it's fantastic. So much crunchy guitar mixed with great bluesy stuff.

Anyway, I'm excited. Give me a mega-pack of everything from Murmur to Monster and I'll be happy. (actually, you can leave off Shiny Happy People though!)

culo_grasso
02-01-2014, 02:51 AM
Huge R.E.M. fan here. I was a teenager when I got Document on cassette tape...what a revelation that was to someone growing up listening to Boys II Men on the radio. An oasis of real music in a bad pop r&b desert. I then went back and listened to everything that had come before Document and loved them even more. Now the hard part is determining which album is their best. Document is still a contender, but Life's Rich Pageant is brilliant too. And I may be the only one (based on many reviews I see), but I actually think Monster holds up incredibly well today. I still love that album. If you decouple it from the context of the "grunge era" and just listen to it on its own merits, it's fantastic. So much crunchy guitar mixed with great bluesy stuff.

Anyway, I'm excited. Give me a mega-pack of everything from Murmur to Monster and I'll be happy. (actually, you can leave off Shiny Happy People though!)

I really don't want "shiny happy people" or "stand." I doubt we will see anything from Murmur (Radio Free Europe is an outside chance). And I agree, Monster is a good album. I liked it more after giving it a second chance a few years after it was released. Strange Currencies stands out as a good guitar riff. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

SeattleSauve
02-01-2014, 03:31 AM
Boys II Men actually had a great set of vocalists, I really like their rendition of Yesterday. And I don't care if that makes me uncool :)

Edit: It was "It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday" that I was thinking of.

tmcd35
02-01-2014, 04:40 AM
Finally! Thank you, thank you, thank. Feel free to empty my bank account :D

But disappointed with Everybody Hurts, overplayed piano song. Still beggars can't be choosers!

It'd surprise me if Orange Crush and What's The Frequency aren't part of pack. Personally I want Begin The Begin, the other catchy riff would be from Disturbance At The Heron House/King Of Birds. As I said last week when I had my fingers crossed - E-Bow the Letter would be a great addition. I've always wanted an excuse to get an E-Bow.

thoman23
02-01-2014, 04:46 AM
Boys II Men actually had a great set of vocalists, I really like their rendition of Yesterday. And I don't care if that makes me uncool :)

Edit: It was "It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday" that I was thinking of.

OK, how about Bell Biv DeVoe and Color Me Badd then? I know I'm probably mixing up the chronology here too...I just remember lots of bad music growing up in the Central Valley of California.

SeattleSauve
02-01-2014, 05:00 AM
Yeah, I won't get behind those guys. But I wish I had a fraction of the vocal talent the B2M folks have. It's not 'rock' but those guys can harmonize.

MoldyRhyme94061
02-01-2014, 06:34 AM
Probably won't be in the pack, I just really like this song

http://youtu.be/49AMohGRtow

jj_bb
02-01-2014, 10:21 AM
Nice, looking forward to Tuesday :)
Hoping that "Drive" is part of the pack ... not one of those shiny happy songs and a really cool e-guitar part.

Mr_Koek
02-01-2014, 02:32 PM
My guess
- The one I love
- Drive
- What's the frequency, Kenneth?
- Everybody hurts
- Stand

steel_string
02-01-2014, 05:26 PM
I'm not really an REM fan, but it's hard to imagine an REM pack without the song that made them a household name (Stand).

MAng0r3
02-01-2014, 07:57 PM
Nice band to have in DLC

Everybody hurts isn't really the kind of guitar playing that will fit with RS highway not to mention too that it's pretty easy to play might be to much easy in other words.

Marauder359
02-02-2014, 02:32 AM
Nice band to have in DLC

Everybody hurts isn't really the kind of guitar playing that will fit with RS highway not to mention too that it's pretty easy to play might be to much easy in other words.

Not to mention, the reason it's being presumed to be in the pack isn't particularly valid... They hinted at Aerosmith with extinction level event, and then didn't have Don't Want to Miss a Thing in the pack... So, the hint doesn't necessarily indicate a song, even if it indicates the band via the song.

That said, it's probably there. lol

BazzTard61
02-02-2014, 04:21 AM
Superman is a great pop song, but it's so easy it'd be a waste as a DLC hehe

we used to play early REM up to the green album, then everybody else discovered them too, before that they thought they were originals hehe

thanks for posting that clip, MoldyRhyme94061, forgot what a beautiful song that is, man, time to trudge thru my REM collection,so many great songs they could release a 12-pack and they'd still miss some people's favourites.

Shame they split, they were/are grossly undervalued, I think if i had to sum them up in one word it's be CLASSY

macmanuse
02-02-2014, 09:34 PM
Quite excited for this DLC, but realistically ready to be let down.

Hoping for -
Driver 8
Begin the Begin
Pretty Persuasion
Talk about the Passion
Finest Worksong

Expecting -
Stand
Kenneth
Shiny Happy
End of the World
Everybody Hurts

tmcd35
02-03-2014, 07:45 AM
Shiny Happy People would be a surprise considering the bands hatred of the song. Can't see them agreeing to license it, I think they'd sooner bury the track.

As much as I hate to admit it, I'd prefer 1 or 2 other songs, I think @toymachinesh has hit the nail on the head with the most likely R.E.M. 5 pack...

Everybody Hurts
One I Love
Orange Crush
What's The Frequency Kenneth
Man on The Moon

Looking forward to tomorrow :D

Ezios_Axe
02-03-2014, 04:24 PM
I agree with toymachinesh as well. As far as that list vs the most recognizable hits go I would like to see It's the End of the World in there just because it's a fun song but those 5 will probably be the list. Man on the Moon is the one I am most hoping to see. Kind of like Losing my Religion it's just a pretty sounding song.

flynlion
02-03-2014, 05:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TGtb7QsG9w

pidnpodn
02-03-2014, 05:11 PM
Peter Buck is wildly underrated, IMO. I'm not expecting the DLC to highlight his masterful jangle. If it did, this would be one of the songs that any Rocksmither would appreciate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oxo5JOl1POY&feature=youtu.be

It ain't gonna happen, but I'm very excited to see the pack selections. Instant purchase no matter what.

fatherrock
02-03-2014, 07:14 PM
REM is likely, if it was not...Paul would have tweeted something to the effect.

also REM has a single on disk

Oldmanjoe505
02-03-2014, 07:28 PM
Oddly enough, I was looking for a CD this week-end. something I hadn't listened to in a while and ended up with REM's Document.

I'm a pretty bug fan, though mostly of their older music. As much of a fan as I consider myself, I might buy one or two of the songs that toymachine guessed. I would spend $50 on REM music for Rocksmith, but very little on the "hits".

Julian-Mince
02-03-2014, 07:55 PM
Probably won't be in the pack, I just really like this song

(King of Birds video snipped]

I'd love to see King of Birds in the pack too. An excellent song.

My five would be:

1. King of Birds
2. It's the End of the World....
3. Circus Envy
4. Pretty Persuasion
5. I'm Sorry (Southern Central Rain)

Apologies if I've got some song names wrong, but I'm going back many years to my youth.

RokDog007
02-03-2014, 08:53 PM
I'll pass
but there's always next week!......:cool:

ablesdw
02-03-2014, 10:11 PM
@dragoninforcer: End of the World, Shiny Happy People, Everybody Hurts, What's the Frequency Kenneth, Man on the Moon

@CrossieRS: 3/5

pidnpodn
02-03-2014, 10:18 PM
Okay, so then it's:

Everybody Hurts
Man On The Moon
What's The Frequency, Kenneth?
The One I Love
Stand

extendedsolo
02-03-2014, 10:35 PM
5 pack? This is a definite must buy for me. It's really fun to play easier songs that are just great songs. Not everything needs to be Satch Boogie :)

guitarman529
02-03-2014, 11:01 PM
I hoping the pack has at least these other 3 songs: I will have to wait until next week for pay day to go shopping. I like the last couple of DLC releases but not enough to go I have to have today. I will probably get a few next week but I have a bowling tournament in Reno, Nevada in May so I get a few here and there. Got to buy planes tickets this month and have beer money and gambling money. Plus i am buying tickets for Alice Cooper and Motley Crue.

Man on the Moon
End of the World
Stand