PDA

View Full Version : ON NOW: Single-Player Community Event White Gold Heist (Jan 30 Feb 5)

UbiGabe
01-31-2014, 12:07 AM
Hey there Assassins! Pure cane sugar was the ultimate score during the Golden Age of Piracy, so this week we challenge you to plunder a single Warehouse! Not only will you find yourself a good deal richer, but we'll give you some slick Wheellock Pistols for your trouble (provided the rest of the community is able to hold up their end of the bargain and loot enough Warehouses)! Be sure to enter the pause menu and look in the Initiates Feed to check on your progress!

NOTE: You don’t need to earn the stealth bonus while plundering a Warehouse for it to count towards your individual goal or the overall community objective. As usual, overall community objectives vary from platform to platform (to make sure everything is fair for different sized player-bases). Good luck Assassins!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1/1655978_10151977885113068_175199162_n.jpg

medavroog
01-31-2014, 06:05 AM
We need more players to partake this event ... currently, the progress is only at 9% ... we still got a long way to make it 100% ... and we do not have enough time to make it shall we lack players working on this event.

catalin_004
01-31-2014, 06:55 AM
Stealth bonus is when you plunder them with no bells rang right?

sLicKVertigO
01-31-2014, 09:04 AM
Right on! I'll get right to it!

PiNkEyE69
01-31-2014, 11:30 AM
12% on xbox one, this is going to be a grind!!!

Artemisthemp
01-31-2014, 01:28 PM
I hope the Uplay patch is ready soon, so PS4 people with over 100 friends can take part in this community events

Gomendrown
01-31-2014, 03:38 PM
How long does it take for a warehouse to produce new resources??

LeVoyageur07
01-31-2014, 08:21 PM
Isn't this message in the wrong forum?

It's in the PC forum, but also applies to Consoles.
Didn't see any message on the Console forum.
I normally don't read the PC forum, just happen to notice a link to this message on Facebook.

medavroog
01-31-2014, 09:08 PM
Isn't this message in the wrong forum?

It's in the PC forum, but also applies to Consoles.
Didn't see any message on the Console forum.
I normally don't read the PC forum, just happen to notice a link to this message on Facebook.

This message isn't in the wrong forum because it is valid for the PC ...
... what happened is, in my own opinion, this message is forgotten to be posted in the console's forum.

Belahzur20
01-31-2014, 09:57 PM
This is one I can certainly enjoy, full bloodlust mode, just run around and slaughter everyone? no stealth? sure :D

pacmanate
01-31-2014, 11:47 PM
Aren't these pistols really crap?

NerfPaladins06
02-01-2014, 02:34 PM
Last I looked the challenge is running until May, wtf!

Is this a joke or did Ubisoft put their heads back up ?

Black_Widow9
02-01-2014, 11:33 PM
Last I looked the challenge is running until May, wtf!

Is this a joke or did Ubisoft put their heads back up ?
Most countries besides the U.S. display dates differently such as date/month/year. While the Forums are available for the U.S. they are for the English speaking language and apply to many countries not exclusively the U.S.

If you have a question please just ask it instead of posting in this manner.

Thanks

HypeR.tgL
02-02-2014, 11:59 AM

Very.

All of this is for completionists, the only thing I want is that explorer outfit I missed out on :\.

Medjay_Bayek
02-02-2014, 01:50 PM
I play ac4 on the wii u my progression for this community challenge is 100% it says congratulations you beat the challenge with the community captains wheellock pistols has been unlocked when I go to a shop and go to equip the pistols I can't because it's says I have to unlock them by completing community challenges please could you fix this and give me access to the pistols.

Medjay_Bayek
02-02-2014, 02:01 PM
I play ac4 on the wii u my progression for this community challenge is 100% it says congratulations you beat the challenge with the community captains wheellock pistols has been unlocked when I go to a shop and go to equip the pistols I can't because it's says I have to unlock them by completing community challenges please could you fix this and give me access to the pistols.

TheCorgiQueen
02-02-2014, 04:38 PM
my Initiates feed (and I am logged into PSN and Ubi servers) doesn't have any notifications regarding Community Challenges. I've raided several warehouses and there's nothing in my feed about progress levels. I'm on PS3, by the way. I've never gotten notifications about community challenges since I started playing in late Dec of 2013.

I really want those black and white striped sails. :(

delta2802
02-03-2014, 09:03 PM
ok - so after spending MANY hours contributing to this event the community achieved 100% - but I still cannot purchase my pistols? is anyone else having the same issue? I don't know if it's just me or part of a wider bug / glitch. The event doesn't close until 05th, but last events I was part of I got the relevant unlocks straight away. I'm gonna be majorly annoyed if I don't get my pistols after coming 2nd worldwide when 100% was reached!

aL_____eX
02-03-2014, 09:22 PM
I just checked it on PS3 and I received them right after loading the game.

LoyalACFan
02-04-2014, 01:04 AM

Yep. And so are the Persian scimitars unlocked by a future challenge. They kinda shot themselves in the foot with these rewards TBH, because most people participating in the challenges will have likely already beaten the game and unlocked the best weapons by now. They should have made the pistols and swords unlocked by the challenges the best ones in the game if they really wanted them to be a reward.

IWGCJoeCool
02-04-2014, 02:09 AM
yup, they showed up quickly once the community hit the number. i'm just a little disappointed that the prize was a set of pistols that arent even 3rd best of all the choices. surely they could come up with something more tangible to keep us playing long after it was wrapped up.

and why, all this continued community support to keep us interested? is there more DLC we havent been told of to come?

pacmanate
02-04-2014, 06:53 AM
Yep. And so are the Persian scimitars unlocked by a future challenge. They kinda shot themselves in the foot with these rewards TBH, because most people participating in the challenges will have likely already beaten the game and unlocked the best weapons by now. They should have made the pistols and swords unlocked by the challenges the best ones in the game if they really wanted them to be a reward.

Yeah I can't even be bothered to put AC4 back in my PS4 to do this to be honest.

delta2802
02-04-2014, 08:21 PM
ok thanks - im going to log this with Ubisoft - the person in 1st place didnt get them either!!!

delta2802
02-05-2014, 09:50 PM
ok thanks - im going to log this with Ubisoft - the person in 1st place didnt get them either!!!

Agree with previous post, whilst the pistols are not the best, I just want to see Edward have 100% of available items :). I have the pistol set now, had a very quick and excellent response to the ticket I raised with UbiSoft Tech Support and their suggestion worked a dream. Will put the jist of it below in case anyone else has had issues - can't guarantee it will work for everyone but worth a try!
I've read posts where people have had issues with UbiSoft Tech, but I have to say I'm deffo a fan of them! - I have only ever had to use them for AC4, but with all 3 questions raised about various things I have had my questions answered not only very quickly but with positive results. I don't know where these negative comments come from, but I for one stick 2 thumbs up for them!!

Right so the solution I was given was:
go to account settings and delink console
start ac4 and on main screen log back into uplay
load saved game and check if items unlocked

TheCorgiQueen
02-05-2014, 10:33 PM
Pistols are still locked for me. Why? I am logged in to PSN and online.

StingrayX
02-06-2014, 03:08 AM
Dang this sucks! I was hoping to participate in the event since it's still in time, but it's already 100% :( In future events, how about letting people get the event AFTER the 100% was achieved.

stetsonaw
02-06-2014, 10:41 PM
Dang this sucks! I was hoping to participate in the event since it's still in time, but it's already 100% :( In future events, how about letting people get the event AFTER the 100% was achieved.
Better late than never since the event is now over, but you can still participate in the event after 100% has been reached. Just do whatever the challenge is, to complete your participation requirement, and get the reward (in this case, some guns that are nice to have, but are less useful than others that can be bought). Same with the multiplayer challenges.

LoyalACFan
02-07-2014, 02:27 AM
So the White Gold one is over, is there a new challenge up?

stetsonaw
02-07-2014, 03:06 AM
So the White Gold one is over, is there a new challenge up?
yup, and PETA will be all over it! Kill 1,000,000 animals. Individual participation goal is 5. Not sure what the prize is though, we should find out tomorrow.

Think I'm at 12 within 10 minutes, east side of Kingston, plenty of deer and howler monkeys.

GreyBeardJim
02-07-2014, 01:06 PM
yup, and PETA will be all over it! Kill 1,000,000 animals. Individual participation goal is 5. Not sure what the prize is though, we should find out tomorrow.

Think I'm at 12 within 10 minutes, east side of Kingston, plenty of deer and howler monkeys.

The reward for this one is the black and red sails. Certainly better to have a decent cosmetic reward than a subpar set of pistols.

Harpooning things counts for this one as well.