PDA

View Full Version : To UBISOFT about Rayman Legend Trophy Grind

Naanos
01-31-2014, 08:34 AM
Hello all,

I am pretty sure this subject isn't new, but I haven't seen a reply with a reason for this grind. The grind I am talking about is of course the Awesomeness level 11 grind.

As of right now, as I post this, I will need 1580 points to complete level 11 awesomeness. So to break down some numbers, if I only get silvers:

1580 points needed
316 silver trophies total
70 points from a weeks worth of dailies if only won silver
10 points from a weeks worth of weeklies if only won silver
80 points from silvers after a week.
20 weeks to gain enough points to level up or 140 days.

So, why the grind? Yes I am able to get gold a few different challenges, and I know people have completed this, many many people, but why the grind and lack of options of other methods to gain levels of awesomeness? Diamond for me is next to impossible, how anyone can get them is beyond me from the numbers I see needed, so that isn't an option for me. However, why not add different trophy gaining options like maybe hourly challenges? Or why not adding more point value to the winning cups. Diamond being 50, gold 10, silver 5 and bronze 1 point is insane!

As of right now, if point values never change and my girlfriend wanted to 100% the game, with the challenges she is trying to complete and mostly only getting silvers and bronzes, she will be grinding this game for just under 2 years.

So the bottom line to this post, is me asking why the grind? Will more options be added to make things quicker (like hourly option) or cup point value higher?

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering.

I would love to reset my game and play the whole thing all over again, but if I have to grind for 140 more days (or more if the servers act up again) I don't ever see myself playing this game again once the grind is over.

Prince-Lex
01-31-2014, 10:31 AM
I agree that less points should be needed to level up to 11. I think it should be 5000 rather than 6000, that's really pushing it too far.

However, the more you play the daily challenges the better you'll get. I used to exclusively get bronze/ silver cups, now I never get below gold (unless there are server issues) and since about 3 weeks ago I've started getting Platinum cups on the "As Far as You Can" challenges. Since a lot of the traps repeat with some small additions here and there, I know I'm capable of a platinum cup whenever Land of the Livid Dead, Infinite Tower or Murphy's Dungeon as far as you can levels come up. I'm now averaging about 2-4 platinum cups per week, and I'm on 5,132 ish awesomeness points so I don't have too long to go. I even managed to finish worldwide #1 on Monday.

tl;dr, keep playing and you'll get better. You might think you're doing the levels as well as you possibly can, but if you keep retrying and retrying there are usually sections you can dash-run faster than you thought you could. It's all about timing and patience.

I personally hate the speedrunning levels, but that's just me.

Naanos
01-31-2014, 04:01 PM
I agree that less points should be needed to level up to 11. I think it should be 5000 rather than 6000, that's really pushing it too far.

However, the more you play the daily challenges the better you'll get. I used to exclusively get bronze/ silver cups, now I never get below gold (unless there are server issues) and since about 3 weeks ago I've started getting Platinum cups on the "As Far as You Can" challenges. Since a lot of the traps repeat with some small additions here and there, I know I'm capable of a platinum cup whenever Land of the Livid Dead, Infinite Tower or Murphy's Dungeon as far as you can levels come up. I'm now averaging about 2-4 platinum cups per week, and I'm on 5,132 ish awesomeness points so I don't have too long to go. I even managed to finish worldwide #1 on Monday.

tl;dr, keep playing and you'll get better. You might think you're doing the levels as well as you possibly can, but if you keep retrying and retrying there are usually sections you can dash-run faster than you thought you could. It's all about timing and patience.

I play each challenge about 30-50 times before I stop, with each run getting just a little better. So I do improve and I know it is possible to always get golds from alot of the different levels. However, why the grind? I really want to know why Ubisoft thought only having the weekly and the daily options were the only ones for the Awesomeness trophy.

I guess what I really want is more options to speed it up, keep it hard as it is, but more. That is why I thought of a hourly option as well, so if you really wanted to 100% quickly, you got that choice. Like my first post said, I'd actually love to reset my save file, to replay the game from nothing, but I won't ever do that until I get the platinum 100%. So if it takes me 140 days, after those days, It'll be the shelf for the game for good.

LLacman
02-01-2014, 08:09 AM
Hey guys, I have Rayman Legends for PS3 and am sad to say that there is no light at the end of the tunnel. Like some of you all, I have been grinding Truly Awesome! for months and finally earned 6k on Mon, 1/20/14, but no trophy. I contacted Ubisoft tech support about this 919-460-9778 and was told "it happens" and they pointed the finger at Sony. Needless to say, I contacted Sony and they said it's definitely Ubisoft. I called Ubisoft back and all they could offer me was a free game code and "assurance" that it was reported to the development team with no updates or no type of "fix" guarantee. Basically, I'm told to "shoo," as if they do not care about their consumers.

This was the last trophy I needed for platinum and now I am screwed; so I wanted to let you all know not to even waste your time any longer. I know that after this experience I will NEVER buy a Ubisoft game ever again.

Don't believe I'm telling you the truth? Let's look at the stats:

80,000 people purchased Rayman Legends copies for PS3, and according to www.ps3trophies.com, only 2 people has somehow managed to get this trophy. Only one of those two people went on to platinum this game.

Further, I found on a forum that people who plays AC4, also by Ubisoft, has also been experiencing trophies not popping for them.

What can we do about this? We can fight back and make our voices heard by Ubisoft developers and the entire corporation. I demand that a thorough investigation be done as to who dropped the ball on this trophy, and should have that right to do so. Please reply if you are with me on this.

eXtofer
02-04-2014, 09:49 AM
Oh man, I will be so upset if I don't get the platinum for grinding all this time. I really, really hope that the development team gets their act together and pushes a patch out to fix that.

jn_pvfcfan14
02-04-2014, 10:57 PM
Oh man, I will be so upset if I don't get the platinum for grinding all this time. I really, really hope that the development team gets their act together and pushes a patch out to fix that.

I wouldn't get your hopes up on a patch, we've been complaining about problems for so long now and yet Ubisoft do nothing. Prompting me to write this is of course yet another day in which the servers don't work, a problem well publicised elsewhere. This is a problem I've tried to notify the Support team about but they first tried to see if it was my internet at fault and then they just became weirdly obsessed with my Uplay account and its connectivity to my PSN. Not once did they actually address or acknowledge the problem I'm having, a problem it's pretty crystal clear is affecting many people if you read this or any other forum. So that means at best Ubisoft are not even aware of the problems people are having, at worst they're just ignoring them.

Lets pause and analyse what it is Ubisoft have done here. They've crafted one of the best platformers I've played in a good long time. They've then bolted on an online grind. In moderation, the Challenges are actually a decent idea; a good use of online play to add an interesting twist to traditional platforming gameplay. Of course in reality this is far from the case. The 6000 points target is simply ridiculous. 5000 points would be achievable yet a challenge, it would require skill and commitment but not lunacy. Equally, making the cups worth a reasonable amount of points would also be a good idea. Getting a Diamond cup is one hell of an achievement nowadays, you have to be in the top 7 or 8 players in the world a lot of the time! Reward the players who are that good with 100 points. Getting a Gold is nothing to be sniffed at either, just doubling the points to 20 would more accurately reflect their value. I could accept the grind and the 6000 points and the tiny points values if the game actually worked, but Ubisoft released a broken game which they now haven't got the decency to do anything about. In the worst cases, people have completed this grind only to be cheated out of the trophy! This is simply unforgiveable; offering a target, meeting that target, getting nothing for it, and Ubisoft couldn't care less. It's genuinely sickening that someone could commit themselves so intensely to this game and then have Ubisoft shurg their shoulders when it goes wrong.

I would love to eat these words, for someone to actually reply and say 'we're aware of the problems and will address them', for a patch to address the problem in a small way and give us something achievable or to fix the game, even for single player DLC to just get some more cups in the system. I have no hope that this will happen but I would love to be proven wrong, to be able to say that Ubisoft actually did care about our problem. Your hand Ubisoft....?

slaxlekissman
02-05-2014, 03:13 AM
If only... I just filed my 4th support ticket with them, with 0 reply so far (ok to be fair, they did reply the first time that they were "looking into it". That was 4 months ago). They do respond fairly quickly on Twitter (24h or less), but the only thing they say is either to file a support ticket or that they're looking into it. These server issues have been plaguing the game since October, it shouldn't take 4 months to figure something like that out (FFS it's leaderboards, not an online FPS). I would like to be interested into the next-gen version of this game, I love the game in itself and would gladly buy it on multiple platforms... But not like this. The solo takes less than a week to complete and the challenges don't work, so it seems pretty dumb to invest...

On that note, does anyone know if they'll do what they did for ACIV ? a.k.a., if you own the PS3 version, you can get the PS4 version for $10 only ? That would be neat, because I'm definitely not forking $40 for a game in this state.

T1nman87
02-06-2014, 05:32 PM

I'm sorry but any positive things you have to say about the trophy and 'rewards' system on this game is stockholm syndrome.

The diamond level cups are dominated by people that hack in impossibly quick times and impossibly high grabs, and that in itself wouldn't be so bad except that these horrible game designers are also sadists, so there are only 10 of them. So even if that dude DOES improve to the point where diamond cups are a reality, he'll find he's bumping up against other people on that level, and he'll be booted, just like I've been.

I don't want you to think I'm having a go at you personally, but anything positive anyone says about this stupid system is flat out wrong.

DJTHED
02-06-2014, 06:29 PM
The diamond level cups are dominated by people that hack in impossibly quick times and impossibly high grabs.

If you think these times are hacked, then you must not be good at this game at all. Usually on the PC, there is usually just one hacked time, IF ANY.

Samuroleon
02-06-2014, 06:31 PM
Awesomeness 11 is meant to show you being awesome at this game and if you're just getting silvers, no offence intended, but you don't really deserve it

The diamond level cups are dominated by people that hack in impossibly quick times and impossibly high grabs, and that in itself wouldn't be so bad except that these horrible game designers are also sadists, so there are only 10 of them.

I'd like to see your proof that us top 10 people hack it. If you check out my youtube channel, you can see that I have just played this game a lot and have become good enough to get those scores. Back to my first point, you will improve, I started out just getting bronzes but I've improved to getting diamonds and I think all you people can too if you keep trying

MrMiyagi76
02-06-2014, 08:07 PM
True words.
I got the game from steam xmas sale, played the singleplayer part first and only 3 weeks ago I started with the challenges.
And on the speed challenges I can get diamond now everytime I want. The speed challenges alone would be enough for me to keep this game playing (must be because I'm a retired quake (especially defrag) fanboy :D). Most of the others are excellent, too. But speed is what I like. :D
Just keep on practicing. There are a lot of little glitches like this brakeboost thing. And as soon as you can do this consistently, you have to find out, where the usage of this move is making sense (what happens when doing this on slopes, behavior in windy areas, etc...)

So cheating is really no problem here. Just keep practicing!
The leaderboards show two cheaters on PC. You can clearly identify them on the leaderboards by the amount of collected lums.

T1nman87
02-08-2014, 12:27 AM
I'd like to see your proof that us top 10 people hack it. If you check out my youtube channel, you can see that I have just played this game a lot and have become good enough to get those scores. Back to my first point, you will improve, I started out just getting bronzes but I've improved to getting diamonds and I think all you people can too if you keep trying

No, I can't prove it you ridiculous child. So maybe they aren't hacked, but getting golds daily on both challenges and golds on the weeklies is pretty much no sweat for me at this point, but the speed runs are ludicrous times and it's been shown that this game has bugs and exploits to it.

If you're one of the top 10 players in the world then congratulations, you're one of lifes winners.

For those among us that are human, having a choice between being one of TEN players in the world to get decent points, and having to grind daily for months on end in order to get the plat, is the finger.

Especially when this plat is apparently broken anyway.

Is there any confirmation on that BTW anybody?

T1nman87
02-08-2014, 12:32 AM
If you think these times are hacked, then you must not be good at this game at all. Usually on the PC, there is usually just one hacked time, IF ANY.

Golds daily, often on my first go.

What I'm not is one of four people here that hate themselves enough to consider this juice worth the squeeze.

Besides, you're missing my point completely. If the diamonds were a matter of merely being gated, I wouldn't care in the slightest that people effectively steal them. But there are 10 of them, period. And the guys that cheat take one or two or however many, which leaves 8. So then all of a sudden it's top 8, globally, and you then have to hope that you can get the stupid times required, and then keep it because someone that is nutty enough to go that far won't take it lying down, which drives the whole affair up even more, and the person on that level probably already has the max reward, they're just trolling the damn world by taking a reward that is highly prized but which they categorically don't need and can't use.

But you and others are frankly cretins for writing that the key is to "git gud", when this goes beyond good, to being one of a handful in the WORLD.

DJTHED
02-08-2014, 02:41 AM
Golds daily, often on my first go.

What I'm not is one of four people here that hate themselves enough to consider this juice worth the squeeze.

Besides, you're missing my point completely. If the diamonds were a matter of merely being gated, I wouldn't care in the slightest that people effectively steal them. But there are 10 of them, period. And the guys that cheat take one or two or however many, which leaves 8. So then all of a sudden it's top 8, globally, and you then have to hope that you can get the stupid times required, and then keep it because someone that is nutty enough to go that far won't take it lying down, which drives the whole affair up even more, and the person on that level probably already has the max reward, they're just trolling the damn world by taking a reward that is highly prized but which they categorically don't need and can't use.

But you and others are frankly cretins for writing that the key is to "git gud", when this goes beyond good, to being one of a handful in the WORLD.

You assume I have to put effort into getting diamond cups when it actually is pretty easy for me, at least for speed type challenges. I usually secure diamond cups in a half hours time, maybe less.

Also just an FYI, the amount of diamonds are determined by 1% of the amount the players that has taken that particular challenge. There's usually around 20-30 diamond cups on PC I believe. And if you are trying to get diamond cups on ANY platform that isn't on the Wii U (Mainly because the Wii U had the challenges app 4-5 months before the game released), then it should be piss easy because the competition on anything that isn't on the Wii U is VERY lacking. If you can't get diamond cups, then GIT GUD PLS. You don't deserve the diamond if you can't beat poor competition. And you saying they are IMPOSSIBLE times reflects the fact that you lack the skill even more. The diamond cups are made to reward the best of the best players, simple as that. If you aren't the best of the best, then you probably aren't going to get them easily.

Could they increase that 1% to 2%? Perhaps... especially since the player count has been dropping lately, which could make things look a little bit more fair for you.

Samuroleon
02-08-2014, 08:27 AM
No, I can't prove it you ridiculous child. So maybe they aren't hacked, but getting golds daily on both challenges and golds on the weeklies is pretty much no sweat for me at this point, but the speed runs are ludicrous times and it's been shown that this game has bugs and exploits to it.

If you're one of the top 10 players in the world then congratulations, you're one of lifes winners.

For those among us that are human, having a choice between being one of TEN players in the world to get decent points, and having to grind daily for months on end in order to get the plat, is the finger.

Especially when this plat is apparently broken anyway.

Is there any confirmation on that BTW anybody?

Hey if you want to get diamonds, you can check out my channel and DJTHED's channel for a bit of help! http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCml0aNTDO3ktm2WnIqXZy5w and http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNShZ0WlFEPJCJ1WZYAKcmA ;)

T1nman87
02-08-2014, 11:16 AM
You assume I have to put effort into getting diamond cups when it actually is pretty easy for me, at least for speed type challenges. I usually secure diamond cups in a half hours time, maybe less.

Also just an FYI, the amount of diamonds are determined by 1% of the amount the players that has taken that particular challenge. There's usually around 20-30 diamond cups on PC I believe. And if you are trying to get diamond cups on ANY platform that isn't on the Wii U (Mainly because the Wii U had the challenges app 4-5 months before the game released), then it should be piss easy because the competition on anything that isn't on the Wii U is VERY lacking. If you can't get diamond cups, then GIT GUD PLS. You don't deserve the diamond if you can't beat poor competition. And you saying they are IMPOSSIBLE times reflects the fact that you lack the skill even more. The diamond cups are made to reward the best of the best players, simple as that. If you aren't the best of the best, then you probably aren't going to get them easily.

Could they increase that 1% to 2%? Perhaps... especially since the player count has been dropping lately, which could make things look a little bit more fair for you.

He linked me to your channel and you're full of crap lol, just another one of them Wii u players doing crap THAT YOU CAN'T DO ON A PAD.

You're gonna spout off about the 'level of competition' on a format you don't play on, and of course you "love the speed run", you use dodgy jumpy-crawly things to bug out the speed on them.

You're ignored mate, tweaking the game to your advantage, telling other people how good you are and how easy it is.

Best of the best... you little berkeley hunt.

@Samuleon, you as well. What kind of dribbling pillocks are you that you're doing weird wii-u only shenanigans that shouldn't really be in the game and probably wouldnt be if Ubi weren't a joke, and then you do this weird stuff to spack out speed out of nowhere, and then think you're good? The reason the over all times on everything but Wii U is lower is because you can't cheese the game. Hence the times are actually real.

You two are a joke. How dare the pair of you behave so elitist while basically tricking the game. Terrible etiquette, terrible sportsmanship, you both suck, and don't bother replying to this post. Rarseholes.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
02-08-2014, 01:29 PM
Hi guys, insults will not be tolerated. As this thread has turned into an insult bashing thread I will close it.