PDA

View Full Version : Wind

Kirokill
01-30-2014, 02:23 PM
In AC3 the wind explanation was simple and very understandable, It is green when you are moving with the wind direction, and orange-red when you're opposing it, which affects your ship a lot in battles!

However in AC4 I find it different, it sometimes becomes green when I'm opposing it, and red when I'm with it, the number of arrows show mean how strong it is. This is what I understood, but there seems to be more to it, if any can tell me full functions if (S)he knows anything.
Thanks in advance! :)

jeffies04
02-06-2014, 03:25 AM
In AC3 the wind explanation was simple and very understandable, It is green when you are moving with the wind direction, and orange-red when you're opposing it, which affects your ship a lot in battles!

However in AC4 I find it different, it sometimes becomes green when I'm opposing it, and red when I'm with it, the number of arrows show mean how strong it is. This is what I understood, but there seems to be more to it, if any can tell me full functions if (S)he knows anything.
Thanks in advance! :)

It's green when you're angled correctly to tack the wind. Orange when you're almost angled correctly. Red when you're not catching the wind at all. At what point it goes from green to orange to red depends on the wind speed... there are still many different speeds of one-arrow-wind. It's not just about sailing into the wind or not.

It was a lot more noticable in AC3. In AC4 during one of the preview videos Ismail said they simplified the complexity of tacking the wind so there would be the right balance concentrating on sailing and concentrating on fighting during naval battles.