PDA

View Full Version : Tips? (AC4)

ThaPro1998
01-29-2014, 04:07 PM
I was in a deathmatch game the other day and there was a prestige 20+ who got Animus Hack. He killed almost all of the players in the game.
Since I've only used animus hack on Wolfpack, can someone explain to me how the Animus Hack works? Does your kill get suspended if you killed a civilian? (The prestige 20 kill a look-alike beside me, I got a lure bonus, but I got killed the next second.)

Anykeyer
01-29-2014, 05:23 PM
Animus hack (kills streak) allows its user to ignore contracts and kill anyone in their LOS. Lure just suspends contracts for a few seconds so it does not affect animus hack (being stunned does).

CasualCreed
01-29-2014, 11:05 PM
Also. For each player you kill, the score on the next kill increases. However, its reset once you kill a NPC. So GJ on the lure:)

Best way to counter animus hack is Decoy + disruption (or just disruption, but its safer to use decoy as well)

ThaPro1998
01-30-2014, 06:39 AM
Thanks for the replies.
Once you trigger the Animus Hack ability, will it be easier to find other players in the game? I was blended in the crowd for about 30 seconds, way before the prestige 20 triggered his Animus Hack. Somehow, he managed to know where I am.
And does killing a civilian during Animus Hack suspend your kills the same duration as killing a civilian without Animus Hack?

Anykeyer
01-30-2014, 07:11 AM
No, its not easier. But any good player wont have much of an issue identifying players in DM. Especially with the lack of look-a-likes.
If you happen to hack a civilian you will have the same 8 seconds contract suspension. This wont stop you from hacking but it will prevent your ability to stun or perform normal kills.

Ysanoire
01-30-2014, 12:20 PM
Thanks for the replies.
Once you trigger the Animus Hack ability, will it be easier to find other players in the game? I was blended in the crowd for about 30 seconds, way before the prestige 20 triggered his Animus Hack. Somehow, he managed to know where I am.

People usually keep track of which personas are in the game, especially in DM. You probably only had one copy of you in the group (blender) so all he had to do was kill both of you, which he did.